Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 143: Diaz V Condit Official Thread Discussion

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,826 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Dean09 wrote: »
    I don't think Diaz deserved a rematch at all. Condit won the fight fair and square and Diaz cried about it till he got what he wanted.
    I'd say Condit was offered crazy money for the rematch otherwise I don't see why he'd agree to it.

that was my first thought when i seen it
    i'd love to know how much he's getting and i'd imagine
    it is huge money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭horsemeat

pisses hot for mary jane lads

https://twitter.com/#!/FrontRowBrian

astounded

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Nice shout!

I'd love for Diego to get another shot at a belt. He's always all action and a guy everybody loves to see fight (Oh wait....... isn't he a Jackson fighter? :P ). Yes, he's 2-2 in his last 4, but he wins this weekend and he's won 3 in a row against Thiago, Kampmann and Ellenberger.

Should he win decisively i'd love to see him go against Condit!

The Kampmann fight was an awful decision and I predict him being beaten by Ellenberger. Sanchez is not a technical enough fighter to be a UFC title holder in my opinion.

I'd love to see diaz get a shot at koshchek myself

ellenberger might not finish sanchez but it will be comfortable and I think
    ellenberger will be a handful for anybody
    sanchez only a stepping stone for jake and i cant wait to see who
    jake gets after that
    I'd love to see jake go toe to toe with diaz myself
    he gave condit an awful beating in their fight in the first round

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

mailburner wrote: »
    one thing for sure though, nobody will ever stand toe to toe with diaz
    and come out with a win...that man is just different class on his feet

BJ Penn punched him around round 1 before he gassed out.

Diaz is not a great striker, too weak has no footwork and poor technique-in fairness he has good range and uses it well and has great stamina.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

one thing for sure though, nobody will ever stand toe to toe with diaz
    and come out with a win...that man is just different class on his feet

Did you watch the Paul Daley fight? Daley had him rocked and badly, badly hurt, could have been stopped. BJ outboxed him in round 1 as was said and although he avenged it did you see what KJ Noons did to him in their first fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

horsemeat wrote: »
    pisses hot for mary jane lads

https://twitter.com/#!/FrontRowBrian

astounded

What? can't uberstand ya man, who is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

MrStuffins wrote: »
    But I seriously don't think there's anyone out there who would be excited about a Diaz v Condit rematch. Not after the last one.
    After all this drama, I'd say tis wil one of the bigger fights of the year
    dave1982 wrote: »
    What? can't uberstand ya man, who is he?

See his last post.
    A) Nick could have failed a post fight banned substance test which may explain a sub par performance.

Obviously he isn't refering to anabolics, or PEDs as they wouldn't hinder performance.
    So it must be recreational subtances.
    Mary Jane. MariJana. Marijua..
    Now do you get it.

(edit: although saying that's the reason for sub-par performance is a cop out - in his system does not mean under the influence of)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

A) Nick could have failed a post fight banned substance test which may explain a sub par performance.

Condit's game-plan was the reason for Diaz's sub par performance, not the fact that he smoked a joint the night before the fight!

cowzerp wrote: »
    BJ Penn punched him around round 1 before he gassed out.

Diaz is not a great striker, too weak has no footwork and poor technique-in fairness he has good range and uses it well and has great stamina.

thats true
    his footwork is poor and he just relies on his stamina a relentless pace and a great chin and
    his reach

• Advertisement

Xlami wrote: »
    Did you watch the Paul Daley fight? Daley had him rocked and badly, badly hurt, could have been stopped. BJ outboxed him in round 1 as was said and although he avenged it did you see what KJ Noons did to him in their first fight?

long time ago though the first noons fight
    very one sided second time around
    daley was one of few who had him badly hurt in the past few years but
    to be fair, the shots he took off daley would have knocked out almost
    anybody in that division

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Dana these commissions have annoyed you for too long. Have the fight in the U.K :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 dickdasterly

I seen it as Diaz rounds 1,2,5 wasn't that impressed with the whole fight tbh.

For me the pace was to slow, there will be a rematch dana will pay Condit enough for it.

Next time Diaz by submission.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

If this rumour is true, I find it even more justified that Condit won.

The guy is an absolute ambassador for MMA - smart, respectful, well-spoken, driven, great athlete and fighter, and seems like a bang-on guy with a nice family.

I've never warmed to Diaz, with his loud disrespectful mouth. He came off better than usual in the Countdown shows, but I still think that MMA needs the likes of Condit rather than the likes of Diaz as the face of the sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭p to the e

It's weird we haven't heard anything from Diaz at this stage. It's all Dana and Condit's camp doing the talking with a little bit from Caesar Gracie doing the usual mouthy stuff. Maybe Diaz is actually contemplating retiring

thats true
    his footwork is poor and he just relies on his stamina a relentless pace and a great chin and
    his reach

And timing he has that he has caught a lot of people with timing punches.

Diaz failed a post fight drug test he was found with marijuana in his system, throws a big spanner in any rematch considering its not the 1st time this has happened with him.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

What a dumbass.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/27355/nick-diaz-tests-positive-for-marijuana-faces-disciplinary-action-following-ufc-143.mma
    arlos Condit and Nick Diaz may ultimately fight again someday, but it doesn't look like it will be anytime soon.

Former Strikeforce champion Diaz tested positive for marijuana metabolites following his controversial five-round clash with former WEC titleholder Condit at this past weekend's UFC 143 event.

That's according to Nevada State Athletic Commission executive director Keith Kizer, who today emailed the event's drug-testing results to MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

Diaz was one of 18 fighters on the card tested for performance-enhancing drugs and drugs of abuse. The remaining tests received to date have thus far all been negative.

Diaz will ultimately have to appear before the NSAC to address the failed screen. Barring a successful appeal, the offense will serve as Diaz's second infraction under the commission's watch. Diaz also tested positive for marijuana following a 2007 win over Takanori Gomi at PRIDE 33. Diaz was suspended for six months for that offense, and the result of the bout was changed to a no-contest.

This past Saturday at UFC 143, Condit earned a unanimous decision over Diaz to become the UFC interim welterweight champion and set a fight with undisputed champ Georges St-Pierre sometime this year. The pay-per-view event took place this past Saturday at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas.

Diaz said he would retire shortly after the decision was handed down. UFC president Dana White then said he would understand if Diaz wanted to retire but also entertained the possibility of a rematch with Condit as St-Pierre healed from the torn ACL that scratched his scheduled meeting with Diaz and this past Saturday's event.

However, the potential rematch was quickly nixed by Diaz's camp, who declined to speculate as to the reason.

Diaz and his camp have yet to comment on the test result.

For complete coverage of UFC 143, stay tuned to the UFC Events section of the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Surpised he wasn't caught against BJ, especially after his post fight interview.

Xlami wrote: »
    Surpised he wasn't caught against BJ, especially after his post fight interview.

That's just the way he is and was hardly stoned coming out of the ring, and passed that time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭The Bored One

At this point it seems Diaz is actually incapable of being professional. Im very curious how Dana will react to this, he must be wondering if Diaz is more of a liability than an asset. Although the lack of professionalism seems to have made him into some sort of folk hero among some fanbases.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭CageWager

That's just the way he is and was hardly stoned coming out of the ring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Must have left it 9 days out this time.

CageWager wrote: »

The world according to joe rogan well it must be right then, I have smoked my whole life and failed a test but hadn't smoked for 4 days prior, I wasn't stoned when I failed to drug test. Don't believe the hype. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

CageWager wrote: »

The world according to joe rogan well it must be right then, I have smoked my whole life and failed a test but hadn't smoked for 4 days prior, I wasn't stoned when I failed to drug test. Don't believe the hype. ;)

I don't believe the hype but I still can't understand what you have written.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

]
    Were you stoned watching that video because nobody said you have to be stoned at the time of the test to fail. They were talking about the Gomi fight, were apparently his levels were so ridiculously high.

Advertisement