Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The road to a 1:2X Half Mara.....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

shels4ever wrote: »
    Friday 16th September
    5.5 easy miles tonight, First run on grass this year that has finished in total darkness :(

Boo...Cue the SADS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

claralara wrote: »
    Boo...Cue the SADS!

I know , I don't mind running @ dusk but when its totally dark thats sucks.. lunch time rus will haev to start up again.

Sat 17th September 6 miles easy

Sunday 18th September
    8 miles on the beach, a nice 4 miles into the wind and rain (lots of fun). Was planning on 10 mile but knew I was moving a bit to fast into the wind cut the run to 8 miles. Havent ran this route in a few year and really enjoyed this run.

Monday 19th September
    5 miles on grass today. Felt great pace was a little quick but just went with it today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

you definitely not heading over to Berlin?

• Advertisement

you definitely not heading over to Berlin?
    Nope I'm going to give it a miss , Wouldn't have been in the best form over there at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Seres

Hey Shels4ever you goin doin any of the xcountry races this season ?

Seres wrote: »
    Hey Shels4ever you goin doin any of the xcountry races this season ?

Yep will be doing a few of the BHAA races and see how things go. How about you , planning on the Nationals again this year?

Yep will be doing a few of the BHAA races and see how things go. How about you , planning on the Nationals again this year?
    Ya cant wait , missed all of last yrs season cause of the injury , i dont know any of the dates/locations for the events though . Will you do the AAI xcountry races ? have you affiliated with a club ?

Seres wrote: »
    Ya cant wait , missed all of last yrs season cause of the injury , i dont know any of the dates/locations for the events though . Will you do the AAI xcountry races ? have you affiliated with a club ?
    Injuries are no fun :).
    Think I will be just running the business house races myself this year, Haven't been down to the club in a while which I must do in the next few week. I know they will target the Novice XC but if I was was to run anyone of the Dublin races it would be the Inters.
    I was looking for dates of races on the Athletics ireland site but its not updated yet. But the national Novice seem to be the 11th December, not sure when the National inters are on it was the first week in Feb last year as far as I know.

• Advertisement

Injuries are no fun :).
    I know they will target the Novice XC but if I was was to run anyone of the Dublin races it would be the Inters.
    I was looking for dates of races on the Athletics ireland site but its not updated yet. But the national Novice seem to be the 11th December, not sure when the National inters are on it was the first week in Feb last year as far as I know.
    Ya , thats all the info i could see too, will prob come across dates for connacht inters & novice by chance ! , the national inters seem to always take place early the following yr.

Tuesday 21st September.
    Only manages 3 miles after work yesterday, Was a bit short for time but should have been able to get a nice 6 mile run done. When I arrived at the park I had forgotten to pack my runners. Spent 5 mins looking at the spikes that were in the car... and finally decided to do a few easy miles in them. This has injury written all over it and I'd have nobody else to blame if something did happen but thankfully everything was perfect.

I don't think i've been this fit coming back from an injury ever, but better play it safe.

3 miles @8:20

Wed 21st September
    7 dark miles around the business park. Actually a nice evening for a run but much rather running on grass. Took a while to get into the run but enjoyed it all the same.
    7 miles @ 9:05

Thursday 22nd September
    30 mins easy today with a hungry roadrunner, really looking like a man on a mission now.

Friday
    Rest day
    Sat
    5 miles easy
    Sunday
    8 miles easy.

A little short on miles this week, but my plan will really start from tomorrow. Really need to lower my half marathon BP before theRoadrunners Marathon pb is faster....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Friday
    Rest day
    Sat
    5 miles easy
    Sunday
    8 miles easy.

A little short on miles this week, but my plan will really start from tomorrow. Really need to lower my half marathon BP before theRoadrunners Marathon pb is faster....

Fancy coming to Berlin with me on April 1st?

Woddle wrote: »
    Fancy coming to Berlin with me on April 1st?
    Whats on 1st April?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Whats on 1st April?

Berlin half marathon

Woddle wrote: »
    Berlin half marathon
    Think my days of over seas races are over, will just race in little auld Ireland from now on.

Monday 26th September.
    6.5 miles easy on grass today. It looked like it was going to be another late run today around the business park, but managed to get out early for a run in Corkagh. Legs felt very stiff but was moving ok ran into a colleague after 3 miles so was nice tohave some company for the last few mile and it kept the pace easy.

6.5 miles @ 8:40

• Advertisement

Tuesday 27 th September
    7.5 miles very easy , no idea of pace tonight but enjoyed every step of this run. legs were a little tired when finished.

Wed 28th September
    5.5 very slow miles in the park, Was going to take today off but the weather was far to nice not to run. Have been doing logs of work on the calf the past few weeks and seem to be making some progress. Will just need to be smart over the next few months and fingers crossed a good run in Waterford will set up a good year in 2012.

Thursday 29th September
    Rest day today, first rest day in a while that I wanted to run on. A little over 2 months to get in shape for the Waterford half now, so time to get the finger out.

Friday 30th September.
    5 miles easy in the park again, nice and wet out today.

Sat 1st October
    6 miles in an empty corkagh park, only spotted one walker in the park today. Really enjoyable run.

Sunday 2nd September
    7 miles of slog today, Didnt have a great night sleep last night and an early Airport drop this morning resulted in only 4/5 horus sleep. Felt good when I started off but after 2 miles it was becoming a slog. Slowed the pace right down and called it a day at 7 miles.
    Early night tonight on the cards..

Monday 3rd October

50 mins easy today, Really enjoyable easy mile in the park after work. Legs felt great, pace was perfect for an easy run started to speed up during the middle section so I stopped to stretch to keep the pace easy.

After getting into London, I've drafted in TRR again to get me to the start line, this time there will be no chasing Geard65 through the pheonix park and ever run will be to plan.

The plan to race waterford will change now and the main aim is to get a nice base during this winter and then build from there. I will still run the waterford half but won't be doing any big session or looking for any time.

A big focus on building up my calf over the winter and dropping another few kgs, I have a race weight in mind so will try to get as close to this as possible.

I wont be setting any targets for London other then consistant training between now and then, fingers crossed there will be another 1000+ miles in the legs before I hit the start line.

Also have had 3 people ask if they can have my number when I get injured... this time there will be NO injury.

After getting into London, I've drafted in TRR again to get me to the start line, this time there will be no chasing Geard65 through the pheonix park and ever run will be to plan.

fcuking right it will.
    Also have had 3 people ask if they can have my number when I get injured... this time there will be NO injury.

fcuking right there won't. There will be one arm windmills and a bit of gun toting down the mall at the finish but there will be no injury.

PS you were spotted at 5.42 pm in Corkagh running parallel to Grangecasle road. Black shorts, white long sleeve addidas top and ipod. I'm keeping a better eye on you this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Get the windmills right, fall in to the sea and you could be 66% of the way to a triathlon. When he starts mumbling about having to shave all your hair off, you'll know it's too late.

Best of luck with the program!

brownian wrote: »
    Get the windmills right, fall in to the sea and you could be 66% of the way to a triathlon. When he starts mumbling about having to shave all your hair off, you'll know it's too late.

Best of luck with the program!

First 6 weeks of program will introduce shels to running while doing a one arm windmill. January will work on the basics of doing the guns. If anybody sees a man running around west Dublin yelling and throwing one arm in a circular motion you know it's shels :D

• Advertisement

fcuking right it will.

fcuking right there won't. There will be one arm windmills and a bit of gun toting down the mall at the finish but there will be no injury.

PS you were spotted at 5.42 pm in Corkagh running parallel to Grangecasle road. Black shorts, white long sleeve addidas top and ipod. I'm keeping a better eye on you this time!

I think windmills should be the trademark of a 2:3x Marathon runner ;).

Will mix up the training locations a bit just to keep you on your toes..

Advertisement