Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The road to a 1:2X Half Mara.....

Options
1383940414244»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Friday 12th June
    30 minute easy jog tonight, pace was very slow legs were a bit stiff. Will prob go for a cycle tomorrow morning and play it by ear.

Saturday 13th June
    50k on the bike in the morning and beer mile in the evening.

Sunday 14th June
    No running, wasn't in great shape for the day

Monday 15th June
    35 minute run at lunch today still feel hungover but a nice day of it.

Will increase some most my runs to 35 minutes this week.

Tuesday 16th
    35 minutes on grass, legs and body not great.
    Wednesday 17th
    2 hour bike ride on the flat around, nice to get out for but suffered the last 30 minutes.
    Thursday 18th
    35 minutes on grass again, nothing to report just a slow plod.
    Friday 19th
    35 minutes at lunch on grass again, slow slow slow.
    Sat 20th
    just under 3 hour bike ride towards the Sally Gap before going part way round the blessington lake. Nice day for it, legs suffered on the way back.
    Sunday 21st
    30 minutes easy on the beach, Legs are a bit shot this week so took this very handy.

Solid enough week this week without doing anything to made, will do something similar again this week with just a longer run planned for next weekend .

Monday 22nd
    35 minutes easy on grass, felt very very slow.

Tuesday 23rd

40 minutes on road kept the pace fairly easy and was a really nice evening for it. Ankle very still this morning not sure whats going on with it at the moment. Might need to get it looked at again.

Last two week.
    Had some issue with my ankle at the end of last week so took 2 days off and changed this week training to have a bit more on the bike and less running.
    Monday - 35 minutes easy run
    Tuesday - 1.5 hour evening bike ride
    Wednesday - 35 minutes easy run
    Thursday - 2 hour bike ride blessington/
    Friday = 35 minute run
    Saturday - 4 hour bike ride, wicklow/blessington lake , wrecked really crap on hills.
    Sunday - 40 minute slow run legs a bit tired but ankle is feeling good again.

• Advertisement

I've been terrible with logging my training at the moment, Basically a good mix of cycling and running at the moment. cycling has progressed ok, have a couple i nice log spins over the past few week of about 100-120k , Mostly on the sally/wicklow gap area. Weight is starting to drop a bit and diet is best its been for a few years now, still long long way to go.

Running is sill a bit of an issue with just 40 min runs been done, I'll need to start introducing a bit more structure to the plan shortly but its about building a base and not getting injured. I think the target will be a half marathon in 4 months time and take it from there.

Finally decided to enter an event will be the first non beermile event i've done since 2012 I think that would the clonliff 2 mile at the time. Will aim to get my fat ass around the Waterford half marathon in December but it will really be just getting around. Truth been told I heard there is going to be a good session down their that night, so its part of the reason I'm running.

Last week I've had a bit week with 20 + slow miles done over 6 days.

Not setting any target time for waterford its just to get me out the door and running.

Advertisement