Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The road to a 1:2X Half Mara.....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

shels4ever wrote: »

50 mins easy today along a bike track, Lidl within 25 mins , is it allowed to stock up on beer during an easy run ;)

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

No

Lucky I am a few miles from the shops, passed by today and the price of beer here makes special B looks over priced. 6X500ml only €1.69 :eek:

Wed 2nd October
    Rest day today, stole a hotel bike for a while to check out a couple of small villages near by, wrong turn some where and 1.5 hours later back at the hotel.
    Really wanted to go out for a run tonight but need rest days.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Larry Brent

Really wanted to go out for a run tonight but need rest days.

That's a great place to be. Stay there now. Once you start wanting the rest days it might be a warning sign that you're overdoing it. Good stuff, some solid training there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

That's a great place to be. Stay there now.

+1, stay there, we don't want you back in Ireland :p

• Advertisement

Lucky I am a few miles from the shops, passed by today and the price of beer here makes special B looks over priced. 6X500ml only €1.69 :eek:

I hope you have a big suitcase with you :)

That's a great place to be. Stay there now. Once you start wanting the rest days it might be a warning sign that you're overdoing it. Good stuff, some solid training there.
    Yep, that can be my down fall feeling good then running to hard. Keeping it nice and easy and sticking to the plan.

+1, stay there, we don't want you back in Ireland :p

Whats this "we" part.. As far as I remember your not even in Ireland ;)

I hope you have a big suitcase with you :)

I think i'll be keeping away from that shop for a while, to easy to stick 2 euro in the running shorts and stagger back a few hours later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Whats this "we" part.. As far as I remember your not even in Ireland ;)

I'll be back once the dole goes back to over 200 euro a week, what a country :p

• Advertisement

I'll be back once the dole goes back to over 200 euro a week, what a country :p
    Yep people on the dole getting more funding then some full time runners :eek: its a great country

Thursday 3rd November.
    50 mins aprox after work tonight. Was passed by what can only be described as a bobslay on wheels on the cycle track, very very strange....

Friday 4th November
    50 mins easy again tonight, felt very good for the whole run. Back onto some grass\trail tomorrow morning which will be nice. To much running on these hard surfaces arent good for the old legs.
    Tickets sorted for Hoffenheim v's Kaiserslautern tomorrow should be a good local derby, found out its alcohol free beer at the game :(

Sat 5th November
    50 mins around trails and some farm land around the area, got a bit lost but wasnt to worried about pace etc. Was more checking out the area for a nicer run tomorrow.

Sunday 6th November
    1 hour easy around the trails , did alot of walking yesterday and could feel that in the legs today, Pace was slow for this first two miles but felt great once I got going. Felt like doing more but was under instructions to keep it to 60 mins.

Monday 7th November
    Nice 50 mins again tonight, legs a little stiff for the first few steps but felt great after that. Kept it easy for the first mile but pace increased on each mile after. Nothing to crazy just steady running.

Tuesday 8th November
    6 am start this morning, think I'm going mad,. Work trips used to involve lots of beer and kebaps not 6am runs in the forest :eek:..
    50 mins @ 9:30 pace body didnt want to be awake but was the only time today that i'd get out.

Tuesday 8th November
    6 am start this morning, think I'm going mad,. Work trips used to involve lots of beer and kebaps not 6am runs in the forest :eek:..
    50 mins @ 9:30 pace body didnt want to be awake but was the only time today that i'd get out.

Ha ha ya legend. When are you back from the fatherland?

Ha ha ya legend. When are you back from the fatherland?

Will get back this Friday in time for the match :) Think my dry spell from alcohol might not last tonight, been brough out for free food and drink.. odds of an early run tomororw are slim( but thats what rest days are for).

Wed 9th Novermber
    Rest day hangover a couple of German beers on Tuesday and didnt react well to them. Found out the next day that they were 6.8% so that would explain been on my ear after 5 beers.

• Advertisement

Thursday 10th November
    Today was a real htfu day, got back from work late and tired. Really didnt fancy running and could have just gone to the bar for a few hours.
    Managed to get out the door for a nice 50min run.

Wed 9th Novermber
    Found out the next day that they were 6.8% so that would explain been on my ear after 5 beers.

Those fcukers were the reason I puked all over the entrance to Berlin airport this year. Rather embarrassing :)

Those fcukers were the reason I puked all over the entrance to Berlin airport this year. Rather embarrassing :)

Managed not to do that myself, But could have gone that way very easy.

Friday 11th November.
    Between flights and alot to do at home only managed a 35 min run on the canal before the game. legs felt like crap but was happy to get a few miles done.

Sat 12th November
    On call with work today so didnt think i'd get much running done again, but a nice 50 mins around the business park tonight, legs felt really really good and would have liked to do a bit more.
    Will have a good few days off now this side of Christamas which will make running a lot easier.
    Back on the grass tomorrow but have been very happy with the way the last 2 week have gone.

Sunday 13th Novermber
    Couldnt wait to get out today for a nice long run in the park, most my problem is I'm a bit like a kind a christmas and get over excited when running on grass. I really cant work out why I run alot faster on grass to road.:confused:

60 mins @8:35

Monday 14th November
    6 miles today in corkagh park, winter is really here now first run of the season that I felt a little cold.

6 miles @ 8:36

Tuesday 15th November
    45 mins easy on grass and some paths, Kept the pace slow today but legs are feeling good. After about 20 mins I stitched onto the path from grass as it was really dark. After about 1 min running on the path i'd steped in hole and gone over on the ankle, a little ninja role onto the grass and a few mins walking it didnt seem to bad. Jogged back to the car and iced once home.

Rest day today but ankle is fine no damage at all, but might look at getting a head torch.

45 mins @ 9:20

Wed 16th November
    Rest day, some light core work and weights.

Thursday 17th November
    Worst run in a long time, from the start of the run I felt like crap plan was for 70 mins easy, but even easy wasnt feeling that easy. After 15 mins I felt like I'd been running for hours and it was a slog upto the 45 mins mark. At this stage I started to come around and felt a lot better for the last 30 mins of the run. Back to the house at 65 mins so finished up then.

Felt feckin great after this run.

65 mins @ 9:10

Wed 16th November
    Rest day, some light core work and weights.

Thursday 17th November
    Worst run in a long time, from the start of the run I felt like crap plan was for 70 mins easy, but even easy wasnt feeling that easy. After 15 mins I felt like I'd been running for hours and it was a slog upto the 45 mins mark. At this stage I started to come around and felt a lot better for the last 30 mins of the run. Back to the house at 65 mins so finished up then.

Felt feckin great after this run.

65 mins @ 9:10

Good man for sticking it out. It's not nice having to force yourself to do the prescribed run but has to be done sometimes. Near carbon copy run myself last night. Late run, by the time I was finishing I could have taken on the world. Up for weekend pints in Js (worst coach ever ;))

• Advertisement

Good man for sticking it out. It's not nice having to force yourself to do the prescribed run but has to be done sometimes. Near carbon copy run myself last night. Late run, by the time I was finishing I could have taken on the world. Up for weekend pints in Js (worst coach ever ;))
    I was the same last night and most of today, can't wait to hit the park later if your about. As for beer, will let you know later but could do with a few :).

Advertisement