Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The road to a 1:2X Half Mara.....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Thursday 21st July
    35 mins easy today along the canal, legs feeling almost back to normal apart from a few finger print bruses where it has been worked on. Needed to stop after 20 mins just to slow the pace down, as the fresh legs and a possible injury can be a bad mix.
    Happy with progress.

Friday 22 July
    AM
    Short warmup on an exercise bike,
    Introdution to a plyo session and some light stretching. Didn't do alot today as I want to ease into these and the can stress the lower legs and will build up really really slowly. Noticed my balance is terrible on my left leg. (no epo today)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

I would avoid the plyo work until the injury has fully cleared up. These are really high impact on the legs and not something I would suggest for someone unless they have gotten through a duration of injury free running

ecoli wrote: »
    I would avoid the plyo work until the injury has fully cleared up. These are really high impact on the legs and not something I would suggest for someone unless they have gotten through a duration of injury free running

Yep I was talking to the physio about this and today was very little impact on the left leg , just more getting used to the movement and habbit of doing these. Will be 7-10 days before I do the first real session.

Have you done these much yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

shels4ever wrote: »
    Yep I was talking to the physio about this and today was very little impact on the left leg , just more getting used to the movement and habbit of doing these. Will be 7-10 days before I do the first real session.

Have you done these much yourself?

I have done a bit but I must admit it is one area which i have neglected recently:o

• Advertisement

Friday 22 July
    AM
    Short warmup on an exercise bike,
    Introdution to a plyo session and some light stretching. Didn't do alot today as I want to ease into these and the can stress the lower legs and will build up really really slowly. Noticed my balance is terrible on my left leg. (no epo today)

PM
    40 mins easy in the park today, felt a bit crap this evening body just felt a little tired, but the calf felt good. Just got back in time for the men 5000m :)

Sat 23rd July
    5 miles easy today @ 9 min pace. Will get out for a 7 or 8 tomorrow and then back to normal. No reaction from the calf again today and fingers crossed thats my little injury over for this marathon.

Was asked if I wanted to run a leg in a 4X400m relay at the BHAA race this week but think i'll have to give that a miss. That just has injury written all over it .

Sunday 24th July
    1 hour easy on Sunday pace was a little to fast to start with but slowed down. Calf is a little stiff today but nothng to bad. Going to be very late when I get to run today but will keep the pace very slow.

Monday 25th July
    After a mental day in work finally got out the door just after 10 for a nice easy 5 miles on the outer ring road, not a single person passed during this run. Was 23:00 by the time I finished and stretched. Tired, hungry, stressed but enjoyed tonights run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

You PM inbox is full!! Here is the message I was gonna post you!

10 easy on wedensday morning sounds good. We could meet at corkagh and take it from there. Give me a shout when you know for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

menoscemo wrote: »
    10 easy on wedensday morning sounds good. We could meet at corkagh and take it from there. Give me a shout when you know for sure.

I hope that is a meeting time and not distance :rolleyes:

next week :o

Wasn't for this week, i'm not that mad and a hopeful one for next week ;)

Tuesday 26th July
    5 miles easy again today mix of grass and road. Pace was very slow. For some reason I get very tired when I run slower.

Wed 27th July
    6 miles easy on grass today, great day to be out. Finished up about 800m from the car park and had a nice walk back, I've been doing this the past while to cool down before jumping into the car to drive.

Today a nice family decided to through a load of abuse my way and a nice fella holding a kid basically tried to start a fight. There are some total dicks in this world havent been in the best form the last few days so he's lucky I didnt snap.

Havent updated this in a few day, Have had a bit of a set back with the calf the last couple of days so more RICE for a while. First reaction was Berlin was going but had to read over my log this year and I think the miles in the legs will help. At the moment its not a disaster but just going to make sure I'm back running without any problems by the end of the week.

On the plus side, I'm now below the weight I was when I ran my last marathon and feeling good.

So what time will a crocked shels run in Berlin(2 beers for who ever is closest), I'm going with
    1. shels4ever 3:29:59

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

So what time will a crocked shels run in Berlin(2 beers for who ever is closest), I'm going with
    2. Woddle 3:26:00

;)

Woddle wrote: »
    2. Woddle 3:26:00

;)

you do know i've one leg ;)

you do know i've one leg ;)

Yep but I would have had you closer to 3:15 with two legs. I think your training has been excellent and clever.

Woddle wrote: »
    Yep but I would have had you closer to 3:15 with two legs. I think your training has been excellent and clever.
    and sub 3 in Dublin next year then too ;)

• Advertisement

and sub 3 in Dublin next year then too ;)

Me and you both :D

2 hours on the bike today,(I really don't like cycling) had the runners on and about to run today but decided to wait a few more days. Have found a great stretch that gets right to the area that I need to work on. Lots of fun with the foam roller and golf ball the last 2 days have worked wonders.

1 hour on a exercise bike today, this was the strangest thing ever as its been stored in the back of the shed for the last few moment and impossible to get out. The light has also broke so I spend an hour cycling in the dark. Can't wait to stick my runners on very soon.

1 hour on the cross trainer , actually enjoyed this for once. The calf is feel perfect today but will give it a day or two more. Had been doing some core work the last few days and really feel it today.

30 mins on the exercise bike and then 20 mins easy running. Really wanted to run a lot more today but need to take it easy.

Sunday 7th August
    25 min run, lucky i'm coming back form injury as this is all the time that I would have had to fit a long run in.

Monday 8th August
    30 min run on grass, The first 25 mins I felt terrible just didnt enjoy the run until 25min in. Really wanted to keep going for another hour as I felt great. Fingers crossed there are 6 weeks and 5 days and 18 hours of this feeling to come...

35 mins easy today, felt very sliggish but the long I was out there the better I felt. Mixed it up between greass and road today for some even surface. Going to a Wedding today was planning on this been my last drink before berlin but have decided to go dry today and drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

35 mins easy today, felt very sliggish but the long I was out there the better I felt. Mixed it up between greass and road today for some even surface. Going to a Wedding today was planning on this been my last drink before berlin but have decided to go dry today and drive.

dedication to the cause. Can make up for it in Berlin post PB :)

dedication to the cause. Can make up for it in Berlin post PB :)

Yep thats the plan, 1 glass of wine with dinner and no dancing made for a quite night. But planning on making up for it in Berlin. Now where is that foam roller...

• Advertisement

Yep thats the plan, 1 glass of wine with dinner and no dancing made for a quite night. But planning on making up for it in Berlin.

Are you planning to make up for the lack of booze or dancing in Berlin? Not sure I want to witness it if the latter :pac:

Advertisement