Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The road to a 1:2X Half Mara.....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

brownian wrote: »
    Get the windmills right, fall in to the sea and you could be 66% of the way to a triathlon. When he starts mumbling about having to shave all your hair off, you'll know it's too late.
    Best of luck with the program!
    Do you know something about my plan that I don't :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Larry Brent

Congrats on getting into London. That's a great carrot now to keep you improving. Listen to the boss and you'll have a great 8 months.

Congrats on getting into London. That's a great carrot now to keep you improving. Listen to the boss and you'll have a great 8 months.

Yep its one I've always wanted to do ever since I watached Eamon Martin win back in '93 and with it been an olympic year just makes it better. It's something to keep me honest during the winter without going crazy.

Tuesday 4th October
    50 mins easy along the canal tonight. Felt very good on today run although I find this surface a little hard on the legs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

shels4ever wrote: »

After getting into London, I've drafted in TRR again to get me to the start line, this time there will be no chasing Geard65 through the pheonix park and ever run will be to plan.
    Shut up. Thats private:eek:

• Advertisement

gerard65 wrote: »
    Shut up. Thats private:eek:

I could have wrote the Furry glen now that would have looked worse ...

Wed 5th October
    70 mins aprox easy on grass today, Felt great and could have kept going at the end. Pace did start to speed up about 4.5/5 miles so stopped to stretch to prevent this. Starting to feel very good again and easy runs are now feeling easy. Not 100% sure of the pace or distance today as my garmin decided not to turn now, It turns out that if you want to charge it via usb its a good idea not to turn off your laptop.

Thursday
    Rest

Friday 7th October
    45 mins easy at 9m/m very dark when I finished tonight and park closes at 6:30 from now on. Winter is really here.

Sat 8th
    Rest day(lazy dya) had a few drinks on Friday so took sat off. Felt a little dehydrated so didnt want to risk anything.

Sunday 9th
    70 mins easy, went out a little to hard and pace got away from me after 3/4 miles. Stopped to stretch and just ran easy for the second have of the run.

Monday 10th October
    50 mins easy along the canal tonight, Someone decided to try an race me(or it felt that way) over the second half of the run.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Pm me last weeks totals

Pm me last weeks totals
    Sent

Tuesday 11th October
    50 mins along the canal after the game, kept the pace easy but felt ok.

Wed 12th September
    70 mins easy today, After two late runs in a row it was nice to be backout in the say and on grass. Always feel better with the green stuff under my feet.

7.7 miles @9 m/m

Friday 14th October
    5 miles @ 9 min mile along the canal. The out and back runnning isn't for me get very bored.

Sat 15th October
    5.7 miles @ 8:20 pace.. Just couldnt slow down today, needed to stop and walk twice to stop the pace from getting faster. Really enjoyed hte run and could have kept going, but decided to stop @5.7.

Sunday 16th October
    75 mins long run today, felt a little hungover today and suffered for the first 45 mins of the run, started to feel a lot better loner the run went on. Garmin dies after about 45 mins so not sure exactly of time or distance but between 75/80 mins .

Monday 17th October
    50 mins @ 8:40 pace. Park was totally empty this evening and conditions were perfect for running. Legs are starting to feel a bit alive again so needed to make sure the pace didnt get fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

last weeks data?

last weeks data?
    Sent now

Tuesday 18th October
    50 mins along the canal tonight, decided to have a bit of fun with todays run and set a 25 mins count down on the watch, plan was to run an out and back course and see how close to even splits i'd run.
    Arrived back to the door at 49:52 so wasnt to far off.

• Advertisement

Wed 19th October
    70 mins easy wasnt feeling great at all on this run, just felt icky.

Thursday 20th October
    Rest day, was at a bit of a party only 2 beers but far to much junk food, still feeling a bit under the weather.

Friday 21 St October
    45 mins @ 8:45 pace, feeling a lot better today, but not 100% .

Sat 22nd October
    Decided not to run the racepix race today and give them a hand out on the course. Once the race got going realyl wished I was running, course looked fast and lots of people sub 20 mins on the day. Race won in Sub 15 mins which is a nice course record to have.

5 miles easy after the race with trr around Maynooth pace was handy enough.

5 miles @ 8:39

Sunday 23rd October
    80 mins @ 8:55 pace today, legs felt a little tired today and only got into the run at about the 40 mins mark. Nice to be getting a bit of time in the legs and calf is feeling 100% these days.

Monday 24th October
    45 mins of mental running around the business park , found a water free 1 mile loop with and just run round and round and round ..... some roads were starting to flood and road beside the office closed.

Tuesday 25th October
    50 mins easy along the canal not much to report.
    Wed 26th October
    Rest day

Thursday 27th October
    70 mins very easy tonight, after a long day in work ended up baking cakes for some school charity until 9:30pm. Managed to get out the door for a nice 70 mins found it hard to get going but after an hour started to feel good.

The next two training will be from my new training camp in germany, really need to keep away from those nice German beers mmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭foleyalan

Thursday 27th October

The next two training will be from my new training camp in germany, really need to keep away from those nice German beers mmmmmmm

What, Germany ? We dont talk enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭foleyalan

Thursday 27th October
    really need to keep away from those nice German beers mmmmmmm

Go for the Dunkel beer, Franconian Dunkles, Schwarzbier, Münchner, Tasty stuff. :D

foleyalan wrote: »
    What, Germany ? We dont talk enough!
    Yep but its for work so not to much fun. Only found out yesterday i'd be going next week.

Friday 28th October.
    5 miles on grass today @ 8:30 pace, nice to get back on a propper surface far to much road runing the last 2 weeks.

• Advertisement

Monday 31st October
    Spent most the morning watching the DCM the flew out to Germany in the after noon. 40 mins very easy along the banks of the Necker to losen the legs out.

Tuesday 1st Novermber
    Decided to move hotel closer to the office, the down side is it's in the middle of nowhere. Plus side there are lots of trails and grass to run on aound here if I get out when its bright.

50 mins easy today along a bike track, Lidl within 25 mins , is it allowed to stock up on beer during an easy run ;)

Advertisement