Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC new speeds and cheaper prices. 25mb/50mb/100mb

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

sales processed mine without any kind of a fight, they never even hinted that it wasn't available to existing customers at all, so i wasn't going to question them about it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

fionny wrote: »
    Fibre Power Ultimate: Fibre Power Broadband 50Mb, Digital Max, Digital+, Home Phone, Freetime World. for 75euro.... you may need to get through to the "loyalty dept" to get that deal as the normal sales people wont do it for some stupid reason.

Would I have the same issues if I was trying to get it upgraded to 100MB too? seems weird

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Would I have the same issues if I was trying to get it upgraded to 100MB too? seems weird

Yes probably but just ask for the Loyalty Dept and they will sort you out, i think 100meg would be 85 per m.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭cormac_byrne

vibe666 wrote: »
    sales processed mine without any kind of a fight, they never even hinted that it wasn't available to existing customers at all, so i wasn't going to question them about it. :)

Be careful, sales were about to upgrade me from 10 to 12 MB and add on phone for €6.

But when I queried if the €7.75 standalone charge was now gone they said no, that's for new customers only.

Transferred me to customer loyalty who fixed that (but as I've only been with them 2 days could have canceled and restarted anyway)

Rebooted modem and now am on 12MB (well 11 and a bit) and phone is now working.

FYI http://192.168.100.1/gscan.asp and "click here to restart your cable modem"
    does what it says on the tin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

I placed my order online, 100Mb plus Freetime World, Costs €57 per month. I

No mention of it for only new customers, Was talking to there help department by way of the chat system they have now. Asked her about the standalone charge no longer being applied if you order the phone aswell, So i said there is no reason for me not to get it anymore. She confirmed this.

Also, Just to note, It said there was no 'one off cost' and i was able to select self install!

Say's it should take around 4 days for the equipment to get to me.

• Advertisement

Thor wrote: »
    I placed my order online, 100Mb plus Freetime World, Costs €57 per month.

No mention of it for only new customers, Was talking to there help department by way of the chat system they have now. She didn't mention it either.

Also, Just to note, It said there was no 'one off cost' and i was able to select self install!

Take care again... I wouldnt be surprised if you end up with 2 accounts...

That online agent thing was useless i tried them first and they just shrugged their shoulders and said tough you have to pay more... I reckon that is an outsourced company who has no authority at all.

fionny wrote: »
    Take care again... I wouldnt be surprised if you end up with 2 accounts...

That online agent thing was useless i tried them first and they just shrugged their shoulders and said tough you have to pay more... I reckon that is an outsourced company who has no authority at all.

I just edit my post to see if i could make it a bit more clear.

She really was helpful, I was already signed in with my account, All details were already entered for me, So there is no way they would make the mistake of adding the second account. My account number was on it aswell.

My guess is if there is a problem, It shouldn't be hard to fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

I placed my order online, 100Mb plus Freetime World, Costs €57 per month. I

No mention of it for only new customers, Was talking to there help department by way of the chat system they have now. Asked her about the standalone charge no longer being applied if you order the phone aswell, So i said there is no reason for me not to get it anymore. She confirmed this.

What are you currently on? Just wondering as they said you could self install it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Be careful, sales were about to upgrade me from 10 to 12 MB and add on phone for €6.
    i'm actually not that bothered as long as i get my 100mbps. :D

i started to query the price with the sales guy and he hesitated for a second, so i just said it doesn't matter, stick my order in and if the price isn't what it should be i can query it later.

i don't pay by DD anyway, so i'm not fussed either way, i just won't pay till it's billed at the right price. :)

M.J.M.C wrote: »
    What are you currently on? Just wondering as they said you could self install it.

On 30Mb, I know what you are thinking, The installation of the new router, I didn't think that could be done by the customer and taught it had to be installed by the engineer.

Guess we will find out soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

Ok so I'm getting told that my 30Mb connection can't be upgraded to 50Mb because it isn't available in my area. Is this bullsh1t anyone know?? Its a newly cabled area and I would have thought that if I can get 30Mb I could get 50Mb or does that not follow?

Doubt it Crakity, they are in the process of upgrading all the points around the place... I dont see why they'd lie to you being honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

Ok so I'm getting told that my 30Mb connection can't be upgraded to 50Mb because it isn't available in my area. Is this bullsh1t anyone know?? Its a newly cabled area and I would have thought that if I can get 30Mb I could get 50Mb or does that not follow?

It isnt available in waterford yet either asked to be upgarded to 50 meg, sales person was about to put through order and she checked and said no it wasnt available as of yet, she said middle of summer but didnt say which year :(

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

On 30Mb, I know what you are thinking, The installation of the new router, I didn't think that could be done by the customer and taught it had to be installed by the engineer.

Guess we will find out soon.

When I was putting my order in (upgrading from 30Mb only to 100Mb+Phone Anytime World), I asked if I could be sent the equipment & I was told it was possible for self installs up to & including 50Mb BB but that the 100Mb BB was not self install at this point & an engineer had to call out.

I would have preferred the self install but I'm happy to go from 30Mb to 100Mb at the bundle price. Its not a 'show stopper' for me to have to get an eingineer install for the sake of €40. I know if you order online you get it for €20 I think, but because I had so much hassle initially with sales (them telling me I couldn't avail of the new bundle pricing), I ended up putting the order in over the phone with the Customer Loyalty Team.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

just rang them there and the area I'm in Lucan South you can't get the 50 or 100 Mb packages as area hasn't been upgraded, and couldn't give me a timeline on when it will be done :( Any idea what they need to upgrade to make these speeds available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Fact based, non rumour, thread can be found here. All discussion should continue there now.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056262789

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement