Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC new speeds and cheaper prices. 25mb/50mb/100mb

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Finally had them to charge me the right amount for my bb.
    For almost a year i paid for the 30mb while gettign the 20mb.
    everything was dealt with last month, price correction and money back.

Now they change things again. I guess i will let you know next year around this time how they dealt with it this time.

UPC are great as long as everything works but as soon as you have to call them for technical or bill issues, your patience will be tested.

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

€45, 50MB

Am tempted now. €3 more for an increase of 20MB.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭CS Hasuki

Just confirmed on twitter, the €35 is all in.

For an extra €2.50 you get 25meg coming from a 10 meg package.
    Damo9090 wrote: »
    Am tempted now. €3 more for an increase of 20MB.
    €50MB is 45, 25MB is €35.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

CS Hasuki wrote: »

No it isn't all in, if you don't also take TV, then you pay an extra €7.50, just as you do today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

when you say 'all in' do you mean this includes or there is no standalone charge?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Here is what it looks like so far:

Download - Upload - Cap - Price - Price without TV
    25 Mb/s - 2.5Mb/s - 250GB - €35 - €42.75
    50 Mb/s - 5.0Mb/s - 250GB - €45 - €54.75
    100Mb/s - 7.0Mb/s - 500GB - €65 - €72.75

The cap on the 50Mb/s hasn't been confirmed yet.

bk wrote: »
    No it isn't all in, if you don't also take TV, then you pay an extra €7.50, just as you do today.

I asked the guy on twitter, he confirmed the 25meg is 35 all in, €2.50 more than the 10 meg at 25 & 7.50

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

I already have TV with them so i don't pay the standalone charge. I pay €42 atm and if i pay €3 more i get an extra 20MB. Upgrade from 30MB to 50MB

• Registered Users Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭Nollog

Here is what it looks like so far:

Download - Upload - Cap - Price - Price without TV
    25 Mb/s - 2.5Mb/s - 250GB - €35 - €42.75
    50 Mb/s - 5.0Mb/s - 250GB - €45 - €54.75
    100Mb/s - 7.0Mb/s - 500GB - €65 - €72.75

The cap on the 50Mb/s hasn't been confirmed yet.

fixed

I asked the guy on twitter, he confirmed the 25meg is 35 all in, €2.50 more than the 10 meg at 25 & 7.50

No, he is wrong, see my above post for prices.

• Advertisement

everyone twitter replied to asked for the standalone price.

Ah well that sucks then. They are raising the minimum price of BB with UPC by €10 and not €2.50.

I think best thing would be to ask the guy on twitter straight out does the standalone charge remain

Ah well that sucks then. They are raising the minimum price of BB with UPC by €10 and not €2.50.

No, there will be more news about the 10mb product coming Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Looking at the Twitter feed, and it I'm not sure if the prices quoted are actually "all in". I've not seen them confirm that those prices are what you pay if you don't have the TV service with them. What bk quotes above is what I'd believe are the new prices.

If the cap was larger on the 50M product, it would be well worth going for. Having the same cap as the 25M product (and same as the current 30M product), makes it not that great.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Actually UPC Ireland has different speeds from the other UPC territories have:

25Mb/1.5Mb
    60Mb/6Mb
    120Mb/10Mb

So basically we get less and pay more, but in fairness, still way better then anything else in Ireland.
    not quite.

i've been looking at them for quite a while and since UPC started rolling out their new fibre power products in europe, some have 120mbps but others have 100mbps (austria & czech rep. off the top of my head) with 10mbps upload.

some of the others have had a combination of 100mbps, 120mbps and others with uploads ranging from anything from 5mbps to 10mbps on them depending on the territory in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

At this point I would like to thank UPC for one hell of a confusing product launch.

I think best thing would be to ask the guy on twitter straight out does the standalone charge remain

I've asked, but they seem to have been ignoring my tweets all day today :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 seanoc2011

UPC are currently holding a press conference where they are announcing new BB products and cheaper triple play packages:

There entry level BB speed is now 25mb!!

Fibrepower Starter bundle: 25MB, Phone, Digital Value + and Home phone with Freetime world all for €60

For €5 more you can double your speed in the above bundle to 50MB

Fibrepower Ultimate: For those who want it all, 100MB, Digital Max + and Home phone with Freetime world all for €85

Watch this space for more updates as I get them.

BTW the UPC site hasn't been updated yet.

Available from May 9th and available to all customers including existing.

Data caps: 120gb for 25Mbs 250GB for 25Mb/s
    Unconfirmed, but tweeted by Adrian Weckler: 250gb for 50Mbs, 500gb for 100Mb.

Anyone on less then 25mb will automatically be upgraded to 25Mbs, but can also of course opt for higher speeds.

We are now hearing that people won't be automatically upgraded, but can request to be upgraded to new packages from Monday the 9th.

Standalone prices (I haven't confirmed this yet, they seem to include the €7.50 if you don't take a bundle with TV): 25Mbs €42.75, 50Mbs €52.75, 100Mbs €72.75

Upload speeds:
    25mb upload is 2.5mb
    50mb upload is 5mb
    100mb upload is 7mb
    cool.

I've asked, but they seem to have been ignoring my tweets all day today :)

That means it's staying so!

• Advertisement

At this point I would like to thank UPC for one hell of a confusing product launch.

yea they really should have had at least a page on the website people could be referred to. Reading back over a twitter stream isn't the best way to do it.

No, there will be more news about the 10mb product coming Monday.
    What makes you so certain of this?
    not to be rude. Just you seem very sure.

when you say 'all in' do you mean this includes or there is no standalone charge?

Well I asked, "does this mean the 25meg will be €2.50 more than the 10meg@ 25€&7.50"
    He replied yes. Mod here says wrong though. So I dunno.

We will know for sure on Monday I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Latest tweet:
    @FionnyAnseo @davidconde @enahs Just to confirm: Prices may be subject to a €7.75 stand alone charge. Tks :)

So, it may still be subject to the stand alone charge, hmmm. I take it that this really means those prices are excluding it, and that it will still apply.

Well I asked, "does this mean the 25meg will be €2.50 more than the 10meg@ 25€&7.50"
    He replied yes. Mod here says wrong though. So I dunno.

UPC have now Tweeted:
    @FionnyAnseo @davidconde @enahs Just to confirm: Prices may be subject to a €7.75 stand alone charge. Tks :)

Notice they didn't reply to me :)

/\/ollog wrote: »
    What makes you so certain of this?
    not to be rude. Just you seem very sure.

A little birdy told me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Bah if I still have to pay the standalone charge i think ill just go with the 50meg plan... shame.

UPC have now Tweeted:

Notice they didn't reply to me :)

More in hope than anything else. You mentioned a 10mb announcement soon, but if these 3 packages are whats available for new customers, 35&7.75 €42.75 being the entry level, seems a bit steep for the cheapest package.

Speed is great, but some people really just want cheap and cheerful. The €7.75 charge really bugs me, but I would never get anything else with UPC apart from BB as have Sky HD & multiroom. They don't even supply HD in my area. :(

More in hope than anything else. You mentioned a 10mb announcement soon, but if these 3 packages are whats available for new customers, 35&7.75 €42.75 being the entry level, seems a bit steep for the cheapest package.

There is more info to come on Monday. Just wait and see, you won't be disappointed.

• Advertisement

UPC head coming on Last Word on Today fm in a moment so get those questions/ comments in!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement