Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC new speeds and cheaper prices. 25mb/50mb/100mb

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

Nice that's exactly what I want but bk said here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056262789

100Mb and Phone €57

Why did you have to pay 62?

Do you pay by DD also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

bonoman66 wrote: »

Got fantastic help from the team.

+1 , found them to be very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

M.J.M.C wrote: »
    Nice that's exactly what I want but bk said here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056262789

100Mb and Phone €57

Why did you have to pay 62?

Do you pay by DD also?

I wanted the more expensive phone package (Anytime World as opposed to Freedom World) (with no limitation in terms of what hours during the day you can make calls etc.. - it was an extra €5)

Sorry - just noticed your question about DD - yes I pay via monthly DD (I've always done that though)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

just rang there to get upgraded, was no problem with sales BTW, but they said Waterford has not been upgraded for 50 meg yet,so the max down here is 30 meg for the moment

They said probably the middle of the summer for 50/100 meg packages

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Just to say yes they were helpful once I got transferred to the "loyalty dept" had a nice girl called Dominka (apologies if spelled wrong) who was very friendly and helpful...

My issue was I had to get annoyed down the phone to actually get the deal...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Wanted to switch from 30Mb to 50Mb + phone. Don't have the TV service and don't want it. However, the agent said the standalone charge would still apply - it's only waived for new customers.

Judging by this thread, installation guys are gonna be busy.

Those of you that have upgraded to 100Mb, did they confirm a day for the install for you?

JDxtra wrote: »
    Wanted to switch from 30Mb to 50Mb + phone. Don't have the TV service and don't want it. However, the agent said the standalone charge would still apply - it's only waived for new customers.

Complain and ask to speak to the loyalty dept... this is what i got angry about...

Those of you that have upgraded to 100Mb, did they confirm a day for the install for you?

Yes I have been given an installation date of 14th of this month so this coming Saturday which is great! Normally had to leave work to get calls done!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

called about an hour and a half ago and was promised a callback in 5 minutes, but as expected that never came so i just called back and ordered an upgrade from 30mbps + the freedom world phone package to 100mbps with the same phone and i've an engineer booked for wednesday to do the install, so happy days. :)

afaik, you need an engineer out for the 100mbps so they can make sure your existing cabling is up to scratch as not everyone will have.

EDIT: I didn't ask about the price & i don't pay by DD currently and they didn't ask, so i'll just wait for my bill and get it sorted if it's wrong.

i just don't want anything to get between me and my 100mbps. :D

• Advertisement

I've asked for a Saturday install & they said they could arrange that. I'm not presumptious that it will be this coming Saturday, it would be great if it was, - I can appreciate their install teams will be v busy :D but I hope its soon..

Still can't get over what I'm getting for €12.76 extra per month..

Increase in downland from 30Mb to 100Mb
    Increase in upload from 3Mb to 7Mb
    Increase in CAP from 250Gb to 500Gb
    DOCSIS 2.0 to DOCSIS 3.0 (so hopefully better dealing with potential congestion at various times of day etc..)
    Anytime Phone

Certainly wasn't expecting all that value in the 'run up' to today...

FYI:
    Hi @FionnyAnseo - the Thompson modem is a modem & router combined, and you can connect your own router if you wish to do so.

bonoman66 wrote: »
    I've asked for a Saturday install & they said they could arrange that. I'm not presumptious that it will be this coming Saturday, it would be great if it was, - I can appreciate their install teams will be v busy :D but I hope its soon..

Still can't get over what I'm getting for €12.76 extra per month..

Increase in downland from 30Mb to 100Mb
    Increase in upload from 3Mb to 7Mb
    Increase in CAP from 250Gb to 500Gb
    DOCSIS 2.0 to DOCSIS 3.0 (so hopefully better dealing with potential congestion at various times of day etc..)
    Anytime Phone

Certainly wasn't expecting all that value in the 'run up' to today...

Cheers for all the replies bonoman66

Yeah im gonna do the exact same, it would just break my heart to take a day off work and they never show up.

@vibe666 - good to see your getting connected buddy :D
    Don't let the wife / kids / family come between you and your 100Mb either, that's my plan :D

Cheers for all the replies bonoman66

Yeah im gonna do the exact same, it would just break my heart to take a day off work and they never show up.
    :D

No problem at all - you're very welcome - its a great forum here - lots of good info & questions shared by all.

Good time for many if you are lucky enough to be in an area where you can get the 50Mb & 100Mb services.

Ya roll on Saturday and my smexy 100megs! *drools* I hope the docsis 3 modem improves latency too that would be a real bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

When I logged in to my upc I have a new message :

Broadband Free Speed Upgrade from 8mb to 10mb

But when I click on it I get a 404. Presumbly they are upgrading those on 8 to 10 for free, which is nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Yes , I have an install booked for this Wednesday the 11th of may :D.

Clover wrote: »
    Yes , I have an install booked for this Wednesday the 11th of may :D.

Just got confirmation too, of install this Sat May 14th for 100Mb :)

When I logged in to my upc I have a new message :

Broadband Free Speed Upgrade from 8mb to 10mb

But when I click on it I get a 404. Presumbly they are upgrading those on 8 to 10 for free, which is nice!

Tbh I didnt think they still did 8mb, when i started with UPC 8meg was the top level, the 12meg, then 20meg, then 30meg now 100meg! with nothing more then a few euro in the pricelist... couldnt really be happier....

Is installation paid over the phone or added to your bill?

• Advertisement

Is installation paid over the phone or added to your bill?

Added to bill

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Got on to the loyalty department right after 3 other departments swore blind I could not avail of the new bundle.

Got moved over in the space of 5 minutes. 100Mb broadband on its way got 3 more tv points added too.

She said I did not need an engineer out so I just have to wait for the couriers call and I will receive my new modem, dvr box and 3 new digi boxes.

My lines were only enabled last November so I don't believe the engineer needs to come and install the modem. I conformed the modem would just be delivered twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I'm on 20mb/250gb cap, have phone and lowest digital tv package with it discounted to 45e a month
    I fancy the 50mb BB, reading here is that just an extra 5e a month? I don't mind the 12mth contract as UPC is a keeper for me.
    I'm asking before taking the plunge and probably spending half an hour on hold!
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

I'm currently on 30MB broadband (with phone and tv), does that mean I can contact UPC and get an upgrade to 50MB for free? I'm a little confused

I'm currently on 30MB broadband (with phone and tv), does that mean I can contact UPC and get an upgrade to 50MB for free? I'm a little confused

Fibre Power Ultimate: Fibre Power Broadband 50Mb, Digital Max, Digital+, Home Phone, Freetime World. for 75euro.... you may need to get through to the "loyalty dept" to get that deal as the normal sales people wont do it for some stupid reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭who is this

Got on to the loyalty department right after 3 other departments swore blind I could not avail of the new bundle.

Got moved over in the space of 5 minutes. 100Mb broadband on its way got 3 more tv points added too.

She said I did not need an engineer out so I just have to wait for the couriers call and I will receive my new modem, dvr box and 3 new digi boxes.

My lines were only enabled last November so I don't believe the engineer needs to come and install the modem. I conformed the modem would just be delivered twice.

I'm guessing they've told the sales department they can't give the deals to existing customers, while telling the Loyalty one, to give it without a fight to anyone who cares enough to end up there (probably under some other conditions, like an account in good standing etc.)

Something like that, bit silly really I nearly fell for it, at first I was told I couldnt get it and went for the 50meg... but thanks to this thread and a bit of an annoyed tone I got moved....

Goes to show dumb priest gets no parish.

JamessyJ wrote: »
    Alas JamessyJ that price you had of 57 for phone and broadband was wrong....

Was I wrong?! lol :P

Great deals and unbelievable value for money!

Aye sorry mate! It was "technically" wrong for existing customers :P Dunno why they did that.. chancers... both my brother and I made the same mistake of agreeing with the sales person! But we both rang back and gave out stink :P

Sorry for doubting you!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭who is this

fionny wrote: »
    . but thanks to this thread and a bit of an annoyed tone I got moved....

I didn't even need that. I just said in a perfectly friendly tone "Well I don't really think that's very fair...." and was transferred. :P

• Advertisement

Aye but I was annoyed considering I was made call twice :P All ended well though and im quite happy now :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement