Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC new speeds and cheaper prices. 25mb/50mb/100mb

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

I dont get the problem... i mean eircom are WAY worse. I just looked at the

"eircom Next Generation Broadband Basic & eircom talktime chatter"

Non promo price of 46.76 per month, only 8meg speed and only 10gig downloads HAHAHAHA! + calls.... how is that good value for money.

10gb download limit is pathetic... im sure the wireless broadband gives you more! All this on a network that obeys their lords and masters the IRMA.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i'll be grabbing the 100mbps myself for €65 the minute i can get it, but i can see that they are missing out on a big chunk of potential customers by not having a low end very cheap starter product, like 5 or 10mbps for 15-20 quid or something like that.

i know they're trying to push things forward and outdo eircom, but there's still plenty of people out there that just want a cheap & cheerful option to check facebook & gmail every so often.

Is 100meg deffo going to be 65 standalone? Ill deffo be getting it if thats the price.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

bk wrote: »
    And finally I can't believe they are dropping the 10mb/s product.

Hold on guys, it looks like there might be some good news coming on this in a few days. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

fionny wrote: »
    Non promo price of 46.76 per month, only 8meg speed and only 10gig downloads HAHAHAHA! + calls.... how is that good value for money.

cause I, like many others wouldn't actually go over 10gig a month and it means that I can get a phone line in and then get sky multiroom in as well and over the first year it would only work out as €43 a month which is the same as just a broadband price from UPC. So why take 1 service when I can take 2 that will function just fine for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Can I order this now or do I have to wait until Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Hold on guys, it looks like I might have some good news coming on this soon :)

seriously how long a feckin press conference is this!!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Can I order this now or do I have to wait until Monday?

Again from twitter,
    You can call 1908, tweet us here or purchase online. New speeds, bundles etc. cannot be ordered until Monday however.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

seriously how long a feckin press conference is this!!!!!

Press conference was today, but that seems to be a more general overview for the press, etc.

All the gory details that we crave will be on the website on Monday, including standalone pricing, caps, bundles, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

Anyone know how much 100Mb will be?

• Advertisement

€65 standalone for 100mbps down and 10mbps up (currently 7mbps+ for the existing 100mbps users right now) with a cap/fup/aup of 500gb per month.

as predicted a couple of weeks ago (and hoped for, for the last year or two!) :D

vibe666 wrote: »
    €65 standalone for 100mbps down and 10mbps up (currently 7mbps+ for the existing 100mbps users right now) with a cap/fup/aup of 500gb per month.

as predicted a couple of weeks ago (and hoped for, for the last year or two!) :D

For that price im in! Sweet. Hope they dont charge the 80euro install charge for existing customers! That would be bad mmmkay,

According to UPC twitter, the uplaod speeds are:
    25Mb upload is 2.5Mb, 50Mb upload is 5Mb, 100Mb upload is 7Mb. Hope this helps :)

Some good news folks, I've heard that the cap/fup on the 25Mb/s product is actually 250GB.

So those on 20/1.5 Mb/s will get 25/2.5 Mb/s for just €1 more and lose nothing in terms of cap, which seems very reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭CS Hasuki

Well fair is fair. If you don't want to upgrade you don't have to.

Anyone know the upload speeds on the 25/50/100 packages?

Go UPC. Only company trying to move the dector forward. Customer service has improved a lot recently also IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kk887

Some good news folks, I've heard that the cap/fup on the 25Mb/s product is actually 250GB.

So those on 20/1.5 Mb/s will get 25/2.5 Mb/s for just €1 more and lose nothing in terms of cap, which seems very reasonable.
    thats the good news of the day for me:p

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kk887

CS Hasuki wrote: »
    Well fair is fair. If you don't want to upgrade you don't have to.

Anyone know the upload speeds on the 25/50/100 packages?

Go UPC. Only company trying to move the dector forward. Customer service has improved a lot recently also IMO
    UPC_HelpsYou_IE UPC Helps You

25Mb upload is 2.5Mb, 50Mb upload is 5Mb, 100Mb upload is 7Mb. Hope this helps :)

this is on the twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 14,977 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Do you not have to pay more for that? Currently the 20MB package is €34 quid a month, so if you get bumped up in speed are you not going to be paying the €45 or whatever it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Higher Caps > Higher Speed when you get to 25mbit and beyond.

I'm not jumping for the 50mbit, in fact I'm going to look at downgrading to 25mbit given I can save €10 and only lose a relatively unused 5mbit/s of speed with no cap.

If UPC upped the 50Mbit cap to 350gb or more, I'd make the switch and sign up :)

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

I'm not jumping for the 50mbit, in fact I'm going to look at downgrading to 25mbit given I can save €10 and only lose a relatively unused 5mbit/s of speed with no cap.

If UPC upped the 50Mbit cap to 350gb or more, I'd make the switch and sign up :)

I feel the same and will be downgrading when i can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

fionny wrote: »
    For that price im in! Sweet. Hope they dont charge the 80euro install charge for existing customers! That would be bad mmmkay,

For the 100Mb i'd imagine this will still be in place :(
    Pitty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

On the 30Mb package at the moment and was tempted but not willing to pay the price they where asking just for the 100Mb .

But it's a much more attractive option now with the phone and tv , will wait until I see the stand alone price and packages on the web site before ordering on Monday.

According to UPC twitter, the uplaod speeds are:
    25Mb upload is 2.5Mb, 50Mb upload is 5Mb, 100Mb upload is 7Mb. Hope this helps
    if they are keeping it at 7mbps now then there's been some back peddling as it has come from more than one source in the last few weeks that the upload for the 100mbps was being increased from the 7mbps it is currently for the limited trial to 10mbps to bring it in line with the other UPC territories with 100mbps. :(

M.J.M.C wrote: »
    For the 100Mb i'd imagine this will still be in place :(
    Pitty

Surely considering it is becoming standard for their 50 and 100meg they will have to make allowances... I dont want their new router as I went and bought my own gigabit setup given the netgear rubbish previously had.

Do you not have to pay more for that? Currently the 20MB package is €34 quid a month, so if you get bumped up in speed are you not going to be paying the €45 or whatever it is?

€1 more.

Previously 20Mb/1.5Mb was €34 + €7.50 = €41.75 if you didn't get a TV package also.

The new 25Mb/2.5Mb package will cost €42.75, including the fee if you don't take TV. Obviously it is cheaper in a bundle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

Bloody upgraded to the 30MB two days ago. Would have stayed with the 20Mb if I knew this was moving to 25MB. Will be charged a €10 downgrade fee now to move to the 25MB. arse

if they are keeping it at 7mbps now then there's been some back peddling as it has come from more than one source in the last few weeks that the upload for the 100mbps was being increased from the 7mbps it is currently for the limited trial to 10mbps to bring it in line with the other UPC territories with 100mbps. :(

Actually UPC Ireland has different speeds from the other UPC territories have:

25Mb/1.5Mb
    60Mb/6Mb
    120Mb/10Mb

So basically we get less and pay more, but in fairness, still way better then anything else in Ireland.

UPC have confirmed the broadband only prices:
    Prices for BB only: 25MB: €35, 50MB: €45, 100MB: €65.

These prices exclude the €7.50 charge if you don't take TV service, which remains I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭Nollog

Hello @twitterpeople for BB only: 25MB: €35, 50MB: €45, 100MB: €65.
    oh my.
    They keep tempting me to move up to the 30/50 mb packages with their price changes. :-\

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭CS Hasuki

It does say BB only. Would make sense the lowest package would then only be €2.50 more than the current 10meg of 25+7.50.
    Rather than the lowes price for BB going up by €10.

If the 25meg is €35 in total the pricing structure would make more sense

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement