Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

For those doing Zumba classes, how much are the classes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Eabhabear wrote: »

I think alot of the curves gyms are holding zumba,

also found this http://www.zumba.ie/

Think i might get this for my self for the summer, i wouldnt feel comforting shaking my ass in a class...not around where i come from....too many opinionated rude people in my town...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Am absolutely raging with myself, I had training with work till 2pm today and a few of the girls suggested going to the chinese for lunch, I said I'd go to be social but would just have a diet drink... I was oing fine until they ordered their dessert, when I saw the banana fritter things I just *had* to have one...f***! does anyone know how many pp these are?? I have never even tasted them before, and didn't really like them, but of course I ate it all!

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    I think alot of the curves gyms are holding zumba,

also found this http://www.zumba.ie/

Think i might get this for my self for the summer, i wouldnt feel comforting shaking my ass in a class...not around where i come from....too many opinionated rude people in my town...

I've found a few local classes which I think I might start next week. I think it'll be a great break from study. Slightly apprehensive about starting because I don't know what to expect. They've no prices on their website though so just wondering what's the average cost. I presume different instructors charge different prices.

Lainy I wouldn't worry about it. I used to be like that with swimming but at the end of the day I'm there to lose weight and tone up. My view is that at least I can change my figure, they can't change their small-minded personalities (a bit harsh I know ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Hey everyone.

In a really horrible mood today, horrible day at work and really tired. Went out to do week 4 day 2 of couch to 5k, only managed 1 and half mini jogs and then walk for 15 minutes and came home :( My scales is showing (I know I shouldn't look, but I did) a plus of 2lb and I bloody exercised Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and today and still have 10 weeklies left :(

On another note, someone asked earlier for a basic list of PP values, found some on the following link which also has some brand names PP and some takeaway PP.

http://www.magicmum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=310062&view=print

One question, getting really bored with my lunches for work, and would love to get my teeth into a decent sandwich so wondering does anyone know a type of bread that is low in PP that is not scabby like WW bread???? Like 2PP for 1 slice, 3PP for 2 or I could probably stretch to 4PP for 2 slices if it's decent. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Mine is 45 for 6 classes but my friend in work is doing one on Thursday night that's 6.50 a class

Monife wrote: »
    One question, getting really bored with my lunches for work, and would love to get my teeth into a decent sandwich so wondering does anyone know a type of bread that is low in PP that is not scabby like WW bread???? Like 2PP for 1 slice, 3PP for 2 or I could probably stretch to 4PP for 2 slices if it's decent. Thanks.

My mum loves the Hovis Nimble bread that you can get in Lidl. It's 3pp for 2 slices. I find it a little too light but you could give it a try!

OMG I'm in love with the Wii Zumba got it today and have already done about 40 mins on it even though I've my class at 9 tonight hubby kept saying you'll be wrecked for your class later....but it's actually fun!
    It's really good coz it makes you do the moves properly coz ya know in a class your just really moving about not knowing if your doing them right well you can tell with this it's great can't wait for class later now 

Layla0509 wrote: »
    OMG I'm in love with the Wii Zumba got it today and have already done about 40 mins on it even though I've my class at 9 tonight hubby kept saying you'll be wrecked for your class later....but it's actually fun!
    It's really good coz it makes you do the moves properly coz ya know in a class your just really moving about not knowing if your doing them right well you can tell with this it's great can't wait for class later now 

oooooh! I do have a wii.... maybe i'll look into that...

Having a good day so far, good breakfast, lunch, dinner & have 4pp left for something later....oatmeal and chopped banana i think....

right....well prob check in later ladies...but my eyes are aching from looking at computer screen...i think i better add eye test to the to do list in the summer...at least my last college assignment is hand written.

Layla0509 wrote: »
    Mine is 45 for 6 classes but my friend in work is doing one on Thursday night that's 6.50 a class

Wow, that's a great price. The one I went to was 11euro per class or 60 for 6 classes.

Ugh, I don't know what is wrong with me lately. I am just never satisfied after meals anymore. I just had 4PP of chicken some carrots and 90g (dried) pasta and i'm not even full. The hunger just won't leave me, well sometimes it isn't just hunger, sometimes I don't have hunger pains but I just feel like eating rings around myself :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

Well had first WI, and was up 13.5lbs since this time last year :eek: all my own fault, so its onwards and downwards from here, looking forward to getting stuck in, i think the PP will suit me better than points as i was always saving points for the wkend and not eating enough the last time i did WW.

Wow, that's a great price. The one I went to was 11euro per class or 60 for 6 classes. :(

I do my class in the calluses or leisure centre I'll find out where my friend is doing hers I think it's ballymun not sure though

"feckin iPhone predictive txt that's meant to read ballyfermot leisure centre!!!!!"

Wow, that's a great price. The one I went to was 11euro per class or 60 for 6 classes. :(

I do my class in the ballyfermot leisure centre I'll find out where my friend is doing hers I think it's ballymun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

I've found a few local classes which I think I might start next week. I think it'll be a great break from study. Slightly apprehensive about starting because I don't know what to expect. They've no prices on their website though so just wondering what's the average cost. I presume different instructors charge different prices.

Lainy I wouldn't worry about it. I used to be like that with swimming but at the end of the day I'm there to lose weight and tone up. My view is that at least I can change my figure, they can't change their small-minded personalities (a bit harsh I know ;) )

I have been to a few zumba classes. My normal one is 9e or 10 classes for 75e, which is great value. Have been to others that are 7e. Up to the instructor really.

@ Lady Lainy, the class I go to is very busy, and everyone is engrossed in themselves and what the instructor is doing to even look at anyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Missed class last week so was a little nervous, particularly as I also have my totm at the minute and am feeling all bloated and ick. However, I was down 5.5lbs! I broke my arse laughing I was so surprised. Delighted as I'm 1.5 away from my first stone. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭rememberthis

Down 1lb this week. Now down 4.5 pounds altogether on my second weigh in! My birthday was at the weekend, so I was delighted I lost any weight at all this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

SkinnyDoll wrote: »
    For anyone comtemplating one .. or if someone is going to give you one... or you're surrounded by kids and husbands eating them.. I've propointed a few Easter eggs... my local stores are ceiling high with them.. no escape! :rolleyes:

http://theskinnydollsjourney.blogspot.com/2011/04/pppotd-easter.html

loooooove your site, well done you!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭noanoa

HI everyone,

Iv been reading for a few weeks now so decided I should say hi.
    I started WW last year lasted a couple of months then Christmas came and i never went back. Did lose a little bit which I was happy with.
    Went back last month and iv not lost 1lb BUT iv put on weight or STS. Cant believe it really. I eat my 29points every day. Use some of my weeklies each week.
    Going to be extra good this week and up the walking/running and see do I lose anything next week.
    Just going a bit crazy!!
    x

Well my search for the PP in bread proved not that fruitful. Most breads seem 5PP or more for 2 slices. The only brands I could think of was Brennan's, Hovis, Pat the Baker and Irish Pride. Pat the Baker have the NI per 100g and don't give the weight of 1 slice, so can't work it out and Irish Pride don't give the carbs, just the sugar, so can't work that out!! Only worked out 2 ranges from Hovis as they are all high carb content so figured they would be similar or higher points. Can anyone else think of other brands in Tesco and LIDL/ALDI, that I can google?

The list I have made so far is as follows:

Brennans Family Pan/Wholemeal/100% Wholemeal (per slice) - 2PP
    Brennans Family Pan/Wholemeal/100% Wholemeal (2 slices) - 5PP

Brennans Multigrain Pan (per slice) - 3PP
    Brennans Multigrain Pan (2 slices) - 6PP :eek:

Brennans Natural Recipes Crunchy Wholemeal (per slice) - 2PP
    Brennans Natural Recipes Crunchy Wholemeal (2 slices) - 4PP :)

Hovis Granary/Wholemeal Bread (per slice) - 2PP
    Hovis Granary/Wholemeal Bread (2 slices) - 5PP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Anybody any idea how many propoints in 100g of boiled bacon ribs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

ah feck i've been pointing the nimble from lidl as 1pp per slice, that means i'm way off with my tracking :mad:

Well my search for the PP in bread proved not that fruitful. Most breads seem 5PP or more for 2 slices. The only brands I could think of was Brennan's, Hovis, Pat the Baker and Irish Pride. Pat the Baker have the NI per 100g and don't give the weight of 1 slice, so can't work it out and Irish Pride don't give the carbs, just the sugar, so can't work that out!! Only worked out 2 ranges from Hovis as they are all high carb content so figured they would be similar or higher points. Can anyone else think of other brands in Tesco and LIDL/ALDI, that I can google?

If you go on Tesco.ie and into Groceries, type in bread and all the brands will come up - has nutritional info on most!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rachelryan29

Aldi have a four pack of muffins, savoury ones! White or wholegrain. And they are 3 pp each! Yum :)

Brennanas Natural Recipe Breadcrunchy Wholemeal is 2 PP for 1 slice and 4PP for 2

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

skinnydoll- absolutely brilliant website, thanks so much for sharing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

hey ladies...had my WI and was down 1.5 so officially have my first stone gone (15 pounds to be precise :) ) so happy now and all the bad days i was having and didnt give up really are worth it now. ive lost that now in 5 weeks which is a lot i guess but have plenty to go but just a very happy camper tonight!

dont think i would have got through it without all the help from you all so thank you :)
    here's to a new stone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Congratulations on the losses tonight girls. Onwards & downwards;).

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭sparkydee

I lost 2.5lbs today I'm down 1st & 6lbs in the last 3 months! So happy & surprised. Well done to everyone else too:) just need to get more exercise finding it hard with my job.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

hey all, first day of pointing went well still have a few to use up so might have some toast before bed

I know most veg are points free but can anyone tell me which ones arnt, hoping to go on a bit of a cooking spree at the weekend to fill the freezer again

• Advertisement

http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/templates/Marketing/Marketing_Utool_1col.aspx?pageid=1213732

weight watchers apps for Windows 7 mobile and android phones and blackberrys coming soon :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement