Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    was the nutritional information on the back of the packet? cos i have minute steak in the freezer i got from butcher, and i dont have a clue how to point it

steak is steak really isnt it....would you mind posting the nutritional info for 100g of the aldi minute steak if its on it.....

what killing me...I was in aldi AN HOUR AGO! I was even looking at them, had them in my hand...debating weather to get them, but i forgot my calculator so couldnt work out the pp in store,

Thank you SO much in advance! x

hey... yeah the nutritional information was on the back of the packet and was per steak... i dont have the packet its gone on the bin sorry lainy... but was def for per steak:D...

oh on another note aldi BeLight RASHER are only 1pp each and yummy...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

With all this talk of anti-biotics I just thought I'd throw this question out at you all ladies, has anyone ever noticed that they retain water while on one??

I'm on one for the next 4 months and only started 3 weeks ago, since I began them my weightloss has been non existent.. my leader suggested they could me making me retain water, but I have never heard that before...

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tattoo86

Just back from my first weigh in, really disappointed only down 3 pounds, whereas my scales show roughly 9 pounds, didn't use any weeklies and earned 20 activity points and didn't go over my dailies.

Don't know what to think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

izzy24 wrote: »
    hey... yeah the nutritional information was on the back of the packet and was per steak... i dont have the packet its gone on the bin sorry lainy... but was def for per steak:D...

oh on another note aldi BeLight RASHER are only 1pp each and yummy...

They the rashers a for the medallion things, got a few packets of the medallions today :D whats really great is the long expiration.

going to grill a few tomorrow with some poached eggs! NOM!

Really trying to jazz up my eating...cleared out the freezer of crap i know i'll never get around to eating...some happy foxes and badgers tonight (its great living in the country....just throw unwanted food over the ditch...for the foxes tonight...steaks that i got LAST SUMMER, Turkey Steaks, 5 or 6 ready meals, some mini pizza things, all stuff with no packaging so impossible to point, I'm really weird about food....even tho its frozen...if its been in there for too long...i'm iffy about eating it.

So now i have a basket in the freezer of up to date ww friendly foods :D

oooh another note, Aldi have Liquid freezer bags for freezing soup

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SAexpat

This question is for the ladies who are into walking/running and have a pedometer. I have one I bought at lidl, not the ww one. How many steps should you to to be into a weightloss mode? says I have walked 9.5km. does this sound possible with 12857 steps taken.

• Advertisement

m'lady wrote: »
    With all this talk of anti-biotics I just thought I'd throw this question out at you all ladies, has anyone ever noticed that they retain water while on one??

I'm on one for the next 4 months and only started 3 weeks ago, since I began them my weightloss has been non existent.. my leader suggested they could me making me retain water, but I have never heard that before...

yep! my last two WI's have been up! i looked up my antibiotic and one of the known side effects was water retention. These were heavy duty painkillers...i was drinking buckets of water.....but i definitely noticed I wasn't running to the look half as much as usual.

Its also why I dont want to go on the pill. on the injection at the moment, love it, but doctor wants me to go on the micropill, but the micropill is known for weight gain, micropoll is the "progesterone only" pill. I'm allergic to the other types of "pill" have tried a few with really nasty side effects (i had my period for 4 weeks)

And the bar....i know a few girls on it who gained like 3 stone within 2 months of getting it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

Monife wrote: »
    On a bit of a gross note, if I don't see movement by Saturday, my mum said I should get Senokot (sp?). Weird though, this has never happened me and i'm only 23!
    Well done everyone at WI.

Kiwi's work wonders for movement as well Monife, antibiotics absolutely kill me, but my doc recommended mashed Kiwi's and some natural yoghurt together. Natural Yoghurt is great for the stomach when your on and following antibiotics.

Hope things start moving soon hehe :D

2 great days on the eating front but haven't done any exercise and this evening was so good, really need to give myself a good kicking. Don't know wtf is wrong with me, no motivation to get out and about.

Well done to all who have lost this week, those who have gained or STS or haven't lost as much as they wanted, don't give up, it has taken me months to get to goal, but I feel confident that I'll keep it off. Don't want to go back to that feeling of disliking myself because of my weight, crying most Saturday nights cos I had nothing to fit me and just not living life to the full.

I feel like a new person and it's all thanks to WW. Disappointed I didn't do this years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

They the rashers a for the medallion things, got a few packets of the medallions today :D whats really great is the long expiration.

going to grill a few tomorrow with some poached eggs! NOM!

Really trying to jazz up my eating...cleared out the freezer of crap i know i'll never get around to eating...some happy foxes and badgers tonight (its great living in the country....just throw unwanted food over the ditch...for the foxes tonight...steaks that i got LAST SUMMER, Turkey Steaks, 5 or 6 ready meals, some mini pizza things, all stuff with no packaging so impossible to point, I'm really weird about food....even tho its frozen...if its been in there for too long...i'm iffy about eating it.

So now i have a basket in the freezer of up to date ww friendly foods :D

oooh another note, Aldi have Liquid freezer bags for freezing soup

Im dont no the pp for medallions but the beLight rashers are 1pp each:D... I not a lover of the medallions much prefer the rashers:p... yeah it so handy they have a long date on em so u can stock up:D...

I also got aldi pizza bagettes pepperoni ones(Love Pepperoni pizzas) and they are 7pp each YUMMY:D...

Got those sunrice thingys both the yellow and orange packets they are both 2pp and the only difference is the orange ones seem to have more chocolate covering them YUMMY:D..

Oh I also got the new ww chocolate cookie mini bars 1pp each at the meeting last nite there also yummy but quiet expensive so will spare them:p...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

tattoo86 wrote: »
    Just back from my first weigh in, really disappointed only down 3 pounds, whereas my scales show roughly 9 pounds, didn't use any weeklies and earned 20 activity points and didn't go over my dailies.

9 would be a HUGE loss and the propoints plan doesn't really go for that whereas the old one would. Have you been eating all your daily allowance?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

Had WI this evening and was down 1.5lb. Really want to lose a stone for my sisters 21st in May and I have my hen weekend mid May so another 7lb Wud be nice for that! Gonna work my ass off now! That scales won't recognise me nxt week ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Just reading through the last few days' posts - lots of people seem to be having problems with their 'movements'. I had same but my mum gave me some sachets of Movicol - highly recommend it - it's gentle and a couple of sachets for a day or 2 will get things working again.

Weird though isn't it - you'd think with eating all the fruit, you wouldn't have this problem. I can't understand it...:confused:

It's medication, after being on antibiotics, sometimes even some painkillers. Wouldn't worry too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Sorry, there I go again, jumping in on a post before reading the ones after it :D

Chinafoot wrote: »
    9 would be a HUGE loss and the propoints plan doesn't really go for that whereas the old one would. Have you been eating all your daily allowance?

I have been in and around my points most days, i just had dinner before WI i wonder would that make a difference?

yep! my last two WI's have been up! i looked up my antibiotic and one of the known side effects was water retention. These were heavy duty painkillers...i was drinking buckets of water.....but i definitely noticed I wasn't running to the look half as much as usual.

Its also why I dont want to go on the pill. on the injection at the moment, love it, but doctor wants me to go on the micropill, but the micropill is known for weight gain, micropoll is the "progesterone only" pill. I'm allergic to the other types of "pill" have tried a few with really nasty side effects (i had my period for 4 weeks)

And the bar....i know a few girls on it who gained like 3 stone within 2 months of getting it in.

I just looked up the side effects of mine, water retention is not listed, bloody weightloss is, typical that I don't get that side effect!! I'm actually thinking of getting water retention tablets tomorrow to see if they will help??

I also know of girls that have gained a massive amount of weight on the bar, I wouldn't touch it!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Becky85

Strange all this talk of antibiotics I had to start one today, stupid tonsillitis! Hope I don't get the side effects you're all talking about!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Have my WI in tomorrow. Am pretty nervous, I've been pretty good all week but have only lost 9 lbs since I started at the end of january. I only every seem to lose every second week. Getting back into things lately though after a bad few weeks so fingers crossed it will have paid off when I get weighed tomorrow.

I have been in and around my points most days, i just had dinner before WI i wonder would that make a difference?

Yeah possibly. I can't imagine it would have a 6lb difference though.
    Personally I don't bother with home scales. Had them last time I did WW and they never matched the ones used at the meeting so it was pointless as I inevitably ended up disappointed. Better off sticking to the ww scales tbh.

Try to wear the same thing (or close enough) each week. A girl in my meeting was up half a pound one week and she was really disappointed and said she really didn't think she was going to be. The leader asked her was she wearing anything different that week and she had a hoodie on. When she took it off she was down a pound. Just something to keep in mind.

Aside from all that, don't expect it to drop off you too quickly. 3 lbs is a really good loss. You should be proud of yourself.

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Yeah possibly. I can't imagine it would have a 6lb difference though.
    Personally I don't bother with home scales. Had them last time I did WW and they never matched the ones used at the meeting so it was pointless as I inevitably ended up disappointed. Better off sticking to the ww scales tbh.

Try to wear the same thing (or close enough) each week. A girl in my meeting was up half a pound one week and she was really disappointed and said she really didn't think she was going to be. The leader asked her was she wearing anything different that week and she had a hoodie on. When she took it off she was down a pound. Just something to keep in mind.

Aside from all that, don't expect it to drop off you too quickly. 3 lbs is a really good loss. You should be proud of yourself.

eating just before a wi would show on the scales! thats probably it!
    so dont worry too much! 3lbs is still fantastic loss!

The body produces water while digesting food, metabolic water, cant remember the exact figures off the top of my head, I'm doing nutrition at the moment (granted its nutrition for mammals/animals, but same principles apply to humans) so you'd be surprised how just have eaten a meal can give a false reading.

Dont worry! Your doing GREAT!

Someone was asking about bread a few pages back, just to say I picked up whole meal brown fingers rolls in Aldi for my lil one for school and I just pointed them,they are 3 pp and a decent size I think. I'll be having one tomorrow for my lunch!

eating just before a wi would show on the scales! thats probably it!
    so dont worry too much! 3lbs is still fantastic loss!

I didn't disagree. I just said I wouldn't think it would make a difference of 6lbs which is a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Disappointed after 3 pounds down?? Why??? 9lbs down in a week is very over-ambitious IMO. They say the best way to lose weight is slowly and steady i.e. 1.5 - 2lbs per week.

Disappointed after 3 pounds down?? Why??? 9lbs down in a week is very over-ambitious IMO. They say the best way to lose weight is slowly and steady i.e. 1.5 - 2lbs per week.

Have to say I agree, I would kill for a 3 pound loss at the minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

..........whats the side effects of a broken arm??? fell and broke it yesterday,can't drive,no aerobics or zumba/salsa and could be off work for 6 weeks! to cap it all i was up 2lbs last week!

hollyhock wrote: »
    ..........whats the side effects of a broken arm??? fell and broke it yesterday,can't drive,no aerobics or zumba/salsa and could be off work for 6 weeks! to cap it all i was up 2lbs last week!

Awww you poor thing, I wouldn't be worrying about the exercise end of things, cos obviously you just can't do it,end of. So I would just continue pointing as normal, and maybe try to get out for a gentle walk if you can. Your health is the most important!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

You poor thing!

Realistically you can lose weight by diet alone. If you did a lot of exercise before you broke your arm then maybe try and be a bit stricter with what you're eating. If you just did it once or twice a week and you were losing weight at a steady pace, then you should still be able to lose by maintaining your diet.

Oh no, your poor chic!

Well maybe in 2 or 3 weeks time, maybe just try working in gentle walks...strolls really. just to keep you ticking over.

Plenty of calcium and Vitamin D to help you heal!

Thanks guys, i guess i should be grateful its 3 pound more than if i didn't join last week, so onwards and downwards.

Thanks guys, i guess i should be grateful its 3 pound more than if i didn't join last week, so onwards and downwards.
    Hey well done on your loss. Just wanted to say I think for your own sake you should just prepare yourself for 1-2 lbs loss a week,and anything more is a bonus. If you've unrealistic expectations you could end up giving up very quickly. Good luck with your journey!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

senokot are pretty good, really gentle. can take them going to bed, and you kinda feel "normal" in the morning. they don't have a "OMG WHERE'S THE TOILET" effect on the body :)

This made me seriously chuckle out loud in work ha ha ha

I have the bar, in fact getting my 2nd one put in next friday, I love it, the freedom it gives you. I was lucky not to have any side effects really, just irregular periods this first 9 months and now they are more or less on time give or take a couple of days. My poor friend got the bar after my recommendation and had her period for 28 days!!!! :eek: It regularised after about 6 months though.

I wonder is some of my weight gain down to the bar. I think I was about 15.5 stone when I got the bar put in, and I started WW at 18 stone 3lb, so that is almost 3 stone in 3 years. I'd say the majority of my weight though is due to my old bad eating habits.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

SAexpat wrote: »
    This question is for the ladies who are into walking/running and have a pedometer. I have one I bought at lidl, not the ww one. How many steps should you to to be into a weightloss mode? says I have walked 9.5km. does this sound possible with 12857 steps taken.

I'd say that's about right. I ran 6.08k last weekend and it was about 6000 steps so I'd say you are right. Mind you, my pedometer isn't the best, it's only a cheap one, I'm using it more for measuring distance when I'm running than the amount of steps I take or the cals I burn.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement