Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Monife wrote: »
    Hiya, does anyone please know the PP in a panini or one of those large deli rolls (crunchy ones)? I had a panini yesterday and considering having one today in work because I AM STARVING today and don't like the crappy lunch I brought with me. Thanks in advance :)[/QUOTE

Hey monife, I've been trying to find out how many pp for panini,asked leader etc, but nobody seems to know. I've been pointing them them at 10 pp, but I could be way off!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

Prob a bit late for your lunch now but I've been basing the demi baguettes (what you'd get in a deli) as 9PP (based on the 120g at 8PP - They seem to come in heavier than that everytime)!

Hope this helps...

Also, I know I promised the bread list but for convenience I put it as an excel sheet on my computer and it won't copy and paste on here so have a bit of editing to do - will have the list up tonight...and will not use excel anymore hehe ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Prob a bit late for your lunch now but I've been basing the demi baguettes (what you'd get in a deli) as 9PP (based on the 120g at 8PP - They seem to come in heavier than that everytime)!

Hope this helps...

Also, I know I promised the bread list but for convenience I put it as an excel sheet on my computer and it won't copy and paste on here so have a bit of editing to do - will have the list up tonight...and will not use excel anymore hehe ;)

To save you some work, you could just upload the excel file here as an attachment?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

m'lady wrote: »
    Hey monife, I've been trying to find out how many pp for panini,asked leader etc, but nobody seems to know. I've been pointing them them at 10 pp, but I could be way off!

Thanks.

I'll keep searching and hopefully someone will have an answer.

There was no panini's left when we got to the canteen, oh god, I was sooo hungry I made the WORST choice I could have ever made.

Sausage, beans and wedges (huge plate)!!!!

Annoyed with myself now, but I was so hungry, I don't know what is wrong with me today, the hunger just won't leave me. I had my shreddies and low fat milk this morning, and at 11, I had a WW yoghurt, grapes and a WW bar. And then the lunch!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Monife wrote: »
    Thanks.

I'll keep searching and hopefully someone will have an answer.

There was no panini's left when we got to the canteen, oh god, I was sooo hungry I made the WORST choice I could have ever made.

Sausage, beans and wedges (huge plate)!!!!

Annoyed with myself now, but I was so hungry, I don't know what is wrong with me today, the hunger just won't leave me. I had my shreddies and low fat milk this morning, and at 11, I had a WW yoghurt, grapes and a WW bar. And then the lunch!!!

Ah we all get days like that, don't beat yourself up over it, otherwise you will end up eating more. Try drink plenty of water and fill up on fruit, and maybe even have a low pp dinner/lunch.

To be honest the panini would probably have been similar points to what you did have anyway!

Actually I am just thinking, I might ask a girl in my local coffee shop if she could give me the wrapper off the paninis they do, or I might even point the ones in the shops, I know they are a bit smaller but at least we would have a ball part figure..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭shanasue

Hi all,
    got this from my leader and tried them today,
    New Zealand Scones
    Total Recipe = 31 propoints***

300g self raising flour
    1 tub WeightWatchers low fat Crème Fraiche
    165ml Diet sprite or 7Up
    1/4tsp salt

Sift flour and salt together.
    Combine all ingredients. This makes a wet dough.
    Place on a well floured surface and cut into scone shapes
    Bake for 15 -20 mins @ 220oC

I added blueberries, so they are nice, not sweet! but nice with a cuppa, i managed to divide them in to 12,they do rise quiet a bit so even if they look small they are filling. The dough is very wet and messy so i did use lots of flour when I turned them out on the board.....but all in all I would recommend them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I just checked my shop book for ciabatta, couldn't find any brands we have here, but there's one from the co-operative that for 68g (1/4 of a loaf) is 4 propoints, so that might be a bit of a guide for people looking to point them.

Also a cuisine de france Demi Baguette is 8 propoints. That'd be what you get in spar/centra etc as far as I know. The petits pains are 4 propoints.

To save you some work, you could just upload the excel file here as an attachment?

How do I do that?!? I did try something earlier but it didn't work :rolleyes:

It's ok I found it but it still won't upload for me...hmmm!! Will have a fiddle around with it for a while!!

Got it :D

Bakery & Patisserie attached :D

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Bakery & Patisserie attached :D

Thanks for this Garden Gurl!
    Bread is definitely my biggest vice!

Nom nom nom!!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

Well I did the 5k with Ray today :D hard work but did it in 38 mins 9 secs. I'm delighted with that :D
    Oh and someone was asking about Zumba classes. I started them the wk before last and they are great. really good fun and you would be wrecked after the hour. some workout :D Looking forward to my next class tomorrow night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

Missing my wi tmw evening..... have a 6.30 breakfast meetin in Dublin on Wed morning, heading to Dublin after work tmw.

Just wondering does anyone know the fact that I got to goal last week, will it make any difference that i'm missing my first meeting after reaching goal.

Did up an excel spreadsheet with the points for most of the stuff from eddie rockets, mcdonalds, burger king and subway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

does anyone know where i could find a list of propoints for basics like rice, chicken breasts etc? thought mum had the new book but she cant find it:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

does anyone know where i could find a list of propoints for basics like rice, chicken breasts etc? thought mum had the new book but she cant find it:o

I don't know if there are any lists online, but perhaps if one of us get a bit of time we can post it up. If not, you can probably get a starter pack on EBAY or Amazon...

On another note, so I have eaten 32PP today (stupid lunch was 22PP, well that is what I am counting it as) and I am having dinner anyway, feck it!! Not gonna starve myself. So making a nice garlic chicken dish and having it with 60g pasta.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

anyone know how many pp are in Big Als quarter pounders...I'm so in the mood for red meat lol....may even fork out and get steak from the butcher if i'm near the shops tomorrow.

rice is roughly 1pp per 10g dried,

100g brown rice is 9pp
    Large Chicken Breasts (175g) are 4pp

______________________________-

found the Big Al stuff on ww online...they must have just added it cos wasn't there few weeks ago

8 fecking PP in a quarter pounder.....FFS

BIG AL

CHICKEN
    Chicken Dippers (100g) 5pp
    Poppin' Chicken (100g) 8pp
    Roasted Mini Fillets (100g) 3pp
    Roasted Chicken Fillets (100g) 4pp
    Chunky Chicken Bites (100g) 6pp
    Spicy Chicken Grills (100g) 6pp
    BBQ Chicken Grills (100g) 6pp

Chicken Tenders (per fillet) 5pp
    Southern Fried Fillets (per fillet) 5pp
    Chunky Chicken Fillets (per fillet) 5pp
    Breaded Chicken Burger (per burger) 4pp

BEEF
    Big Al's Big Eat Beef Burger 8pp
    Big Al's 3oz Beef Burgers 5pp
    Big Al's 4oz Quarter Pounders 8pp
    Big Al's 6oz Beef Burgers 12pp

The chicken burgers work out pretty good value...2 for 7pp!

Hi all!

Il be in ww list mode over the nxt few days but tonight i am in wedding invitation mode so that's the priority tonight! Im doing them myself and wna send them out by end of nxt week! There'll be no going back then hehe x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

bobbles87 wrote: »
    Has anyone abandonned the PP system and returned to points? I have started back on it again this morn, funny how all the points have gone out of my head, its like starting from scratch again !!!!!I really want to be at goal by May Bank hol at the least...although that maybe a bit too ambitious given the results I was getting over the last few weeks!

Hi, I switched back to the old points as propoints wasn't working for me, it was more like a maintenance plan. I still have about 2 stone to lose so switched back because I lost 20lbs on the old plan. I feel much better since the switch. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask :)

On a different note, college and the impending exams are really taking it out of me. I feel exhausted all the time and it's making it difficult to stick to plan. I'm going to WI tomorrow morning instead of Weds as its my TOTM so just want to get the WI over with. Not sure how it'll go as I've been really good and done swimming nearly every day but it's not showing on my home scale. I know I shouldn't be looking :rolleyes: but I can feel it myself.

On a plus side tried on a ball gown that I got for a ball back in November and was ecstatic back then that I fit into a size 14 but today it was MASSIVE on me :D Looked at my tracker and I've lost a stone since then so it slightly improved my mood! Now have to go on a size 12 dress hunt :D Anyone know where you can get cheap ball gowns?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

disaster of a week here. I am disgusted with myself cos i have ruined the last two weeks i would say. i'm going to take my two holiday weeks from this week to give myself a few extra days to get back on track. Disaster :(

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Hi, I switched back to the old points as propoints wasn't working for me, it was more like a maintenance plan. I still have about 2 stone to lose so switched back because I lost 20lbs on the old plan. I feel much better since the switch. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask :)

On a different note, college and the impending exams are really taking it out of me. I feel exhausted all the time and it's making it difficult to stick to plan. I'm going to WI tomorrow morning instead of Weds as its my TOTM so just want to get the WI over with. Not sure how it'll go as I've been really good and done swimming nearly every day but it's not showing on my home scale. I know I shouldn't be looking :rolleyes: but I can feel it myself.

On a plus side tried on a ball gown that I got for a ball back in November and was ecstatic back then that I fit into a size 14 but today it was MASSIVE on me :D Looked at my tracker and I've lost a stone since then so it slightly improved my mood! Now have to go on a size 12 dress hunt :D Anyone know where you can get cheap ball gowns?

TK MAX or if you're in Dublin, there's a shop after the Liberty Market on Meath Street who do really cheap ball gowns. Fair Play to you, thats a great loss. Keep it up.

TK Maxx have some lovely ones at the moment. Got one for €55 a few weeks ago.

Thanks never thought of TK Maxx. I'm planning on going to Carrickmines to get runners in Sportsworld so I'll have a look.

Dee what day do you WI? If it's not til Weds or Thurs you should just be extra good and try and get some exercise in and you may actually surprise yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Ooh, that's fantastic Eabha, well done. Such a great feeling when you can physically see the weight loss.
    Are the mid-season sales still on? You might pick something up.
    Or wkd you consider the second shops? You would be surprised the amount of stuff that is brand new with tags on.
    My friend works in the local Barnardos and she has got us a few lovely bits over the last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 numbernerd

Hey all,

Couldn't make my wi tonight..It's prob jsut as well though cos I had an amazing weekend lol!!! Already had a great day for day1 of a new week so will try keep it up :P.

Just had amazing low points dinner if anyone fancies this:
    Chicken breast stuffed with spinach and feta...

Chicken Breast 4pp
    Spinach 0pp
    40g Feta 3pp

I just sliced chicken open and flattened out,filled it with as much spinach as i could fit and feta on the top. closed over and held together for afew mins and into the oven for 35mins.. I served it on a bed of the remaining spinach (i'm obsessed) just wilted on the pan (no oil). It was amazing!

Thanks never thought of TK Maxx. I'm planning on going to Carrickmines to get runners in Sportsworld so I'll have a look.

Dee what day do you WI? If it's not til Weds or Thurs you should just be extra good and try and get some exercise in and you may actually surprise yourself!

im a bloody disgrace TBH, my WI is wed. I guess i will see how i feel then, but i was bad today too. Gggrrrr - i hate those times when you just can't stop even when you want. Hopefully i will wake up tomorrow and it will be a new day with great intentions and actions!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Becky85

Congrats, i was delighted buying size 14 jeans over the weekend. There's a sale on in debenhams at the mo you can sometimes find a good bargain in there

Thanks Kildareash. My mum has just suggested that to me. We were talking about giving the two dresses that I have away and she said I should take a look! Might pop into Barnardos on Weds.
    Becky85 wrote: »
    Congrats, i was delighted buying size 14 jeans over the weekend. There's a sale on in debenhams at the mo you can sometimes find a good bargain in there

Thanks I actually have my eye on a purple dress from there. I'm hoping to have the funds for it. They have lovely dresses in Debenhams it's where I got the one that doesn't fit but they can be very expensive!
    Dee01 wrote: »
    im a bloody disgrace TBH, my WI is wed. I guess i will see how i feel then, but i was bad today too. Gggrrrr - i hate those times when you just can't stop even when you want. Hopefully i will wake up tomorrow and it will be a new day with great intentions and actions!

I know how you feel. I had a few of those days last week. It's coming up to exam time so it takes a lot of work not to be bad. I wasn't going to WI this week either but I've decided to go and get it over with. Can you go to a class on Thurs? Give yourself a little extra time? I know it's kinda cheating but it's better than not going!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I was up 2lb :(

Annoyed at myself for undoing my good work but sure what can you do. Will be extra extra good this week and get it back off.

* sigh *

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement