Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

Hi all,

Had a really good day food wise today!

I brought lunch with me but forgot to bring a bloody plate to eat it off so ended up getting a baguette in the shop and some ham and cheese & onion velvet crunch...went down to the park to read and have my lunch and forgot my ham (a pattern is forming)! Was raging, but turned out yummy with just the baguette and crisps (I don't eat butter) and only 11PP so was delighted!

Then had 2 Donegal Catch breaded fillets (bargain 9PP for 2 and they're really filling!) and 100g chips with sweet chilli sauce. I had 11PP left over and my OH and sister were having sambo's there a while ago and I dint even want anything, just had a loop the loop so still have 9 points left...don't think I've saved much more than 2PP since I started! Trying to redeem myself after the not so good days over the weekend!

Going to WI on Thursday this week as I have to work tomorrow - give me an extra day to get on track too!!

Also, nearly finished my invitations so should be back in full WW mode over the next few days! Have to say they look lovely, am so happy with them! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Absolutely raging with myself over the weekend. WI was on Thursday and I lost 1lb which meant only 0.5lb to get my first stone. So was good-ish Friday, dipped into 5 of my weeklies.

Saturday - Horrendous. Haven't been able to post cos I was just so ashamed of myself. Oh how easily influenced I am. I was going out with my friends and we had a Chinese for dinner which is ok, I got chow mein 14 pp. Then went out countless vodkas, 2 baby guinness, 1 full pizza and portion of chips. Then came the hangover on Sunday and lets not even go there.

So I am desperately trying to pull it back before Thursday but I just don't think I'm gonna do it. Did a 6 k walk today but honest to god don't think its going to make a blind bit of difference on the scales. I am so upset with myself. Had a cheeky look at the scales this morning and I am defo gonna be at least 1lb up.

One step forward, 2 steps back. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Hey everyone,
    great to see so many losses, this week. Well done everyone :)

I don't know what's wrong with me but I have absolutely no motivation to exercise. It's almost two weeks since I last went for a walk.
    I don't know what it is, I still want to loose weight and my food overall is not too bad.
    Any suggestions to get back on track?

I'm .5lb away from 2.5stone, but I'd love to have the best part of three stone gone by my birthday on the May Bank Holiday wkend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 linderoo

Hey guys

Just want to say thanks so much for all the hints and tips up here they are great! Need a bit of motivation this week! Was really good all last week stayed within my points, only used some of my weeklies and got out of the house 3 times to exercise for an hour each time but still managed to be up 2lbs at my weigh in last night which has totally depressed me! Has this happened to anyone that you have still gone up even with sticking to the plan? My leader says to see how it goes this week and if I'm up again we will go through my tracker. So disappointed any advice welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

linderoo wrote: »
    Hey guys

Just want to say thanks so much for all the hints and tips up here they are great! Need a bit of motivation this week! Was really good all last week stayed within my points, only used some of my weeklies and got out of the house 3 times to exercise for an hour each time but still managed to be up 2lbs at my weigh in last night which has totally depressed me! Has this happened to anyone that you have still gone up even with sticking to the plan? My leader says to see how it goes this week and if I'm up again we will go through my tracker. So disappointed any advice welcome!

Hiya. My scales are showing plus 2lb (have WI tonite) and I exercised 5 out of the 6 days before WI but ate 39 of my weeklies, still shouldnt be up though.

I am going to be a bit gross now, so dont read on if ur squeemish (sp?), I haven't had a bowel movement in ages, cant remember when, which is not like me and I googled it and aparently it can show a false gain, really sorry if its too much info but i was raging and started googling and I have a feeling that is what it is. Dont know what to do now. I eat well, eat small bit of fruit every day, drink water, have fibre in my shreddies and eat carbs with my dinner :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Monife wrote: »
    One question, getting really bored with my lunches for work, and would love to get my teeth into a decent sandwich so wondering does anyone know a type of bread that is low in PP that is not scabby like WW bread???? Like 2PP for 1 slice, 3PP for 2 or I could probably stretch to 4PP for 2 slices if it's decent. Thanks.

Would you consider having something like a pitta bread or a bagel instead of the bread? I made the nicest pitta when I got home from the gym last night! I'd 12pp left so rather than eating all the chocolate in the house, I toasted a pitta bread (3pp), stuffed it with lettuce, tomato, cucumber & 2 turkey rashers (1pp) and had it with a bit of low fat coleslaw on the side. Nom nom, it was delicious and v. filling :D

I also tried the Bunalun Chocolate Rice Cakes last night! OMG, they are amazing! I wanted to eat the whole packet but managed to pull myself together and just have the one! They are so nice! Can't wait to have another tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Would you consider having something like a pitta bread or a bagel instead of the bread? I made the nicest pitta when I got home from the gym last night! I'd 12pp left so rather than eating all the chocolate in the house, I toasted a pitta bread (3pp), stuffed it with lettuce, tomato, cucumber & 2 turkey rashers (1pp) and had it with a bit of low fat coleslaw on the side. Nom nom, it was delicious and v. filling :D

I also tried the Bunalun Chocolate Rice Cakes last night! OMG, they are amazing! I wanted to eat the whole packet but managed to pull myself together and just have the one! They are so nice! Can't wait to have another tonight :D

Thanks for the tips Shoe Lover. I have just gotten soooo bored of salads, wraps and pitta breads and would love to sink my teeth into a decent sandwich that isn't killer on the points and is also filling. I might get some 4PP pitta's, the WW (3PP) ones are really thin! Going to look for the Hovis nimble bread too (3PP for 2 slices) or Brennans Natural Recipes Crunchy Wholemeal (4PP for 2 slices) and maybe have some tuna or ham on it with lettuce and lf coleslaw or get some cooked chicken or turkey. I usually only like to spend about 7PP on lunch but might bump it up to 9/10PP if it is something tasty, oh and always have to have a packet of 2PP crisps, leaving me with 7 or 8PP for a sambo.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

linderoo wrote: »
    Hey guys

One week I had followed the plan exactly & put on 2lb. Couldn't understand it, but the next week I lost 4lb - so maybe your hard work will show up next week. Keep at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Chrissie1985

Hey Guys

Seriously struggling past couple of weeks just dont seem to be able to loose anything at all....eating all my points and my weeklys and exercising 4-5 times a week and constantly either up half pound or stay the same....seriously thinking about packing it in anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Had my WI yesterday evening was down 2lbs:eek: so going to work my ass off this week to get down 3lbs next week to get my 2stone:D.. Fingers crossed... Booked my holidays yesterday aswell off to turkey in June with OH cant wait :D so 11 weeks to go and 31lbs to loose going to work my ass off cause it will be so worth it to have 4 stone gone altoghter for holidays:p...

Good luck to everyone who has WI:)...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Was down 1lb at my WI last night. Was happy enough with that as was away for the weekend and although I ate well, went over my weeklies on the wine :o I've only lost 3.5lbs in my first 3 weeks (STS in 2nd week) so I'm hoping that the weight loss will pick up again. I've had a heavy few weekends, but I've just one night out this weekend and am planning on being sensible (enough :D).

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Dubgirlww wrote: »
    i just cant stop eating!! need some one to slap me a few times, any offers?

if i open a packet of anything i just cant put it down till its gone!! except like a bag of apples or oranges!!

i dont get a stuffed feeling at all lately!!

i was up 3 last week and so afraid if im up again this week.....they will ahnd me my gold card and then take it back off me :( i feel like i have developed a fear of the gym and have no reason whatsoever as i was loving it!!

A large part of weight loss is psychological isn't it? You just gotta be in the zone to do it.
    Like I'm a half stone or so from goal and I am just finding myself waning.
    I can't understand it, you'd think I would have the urge to get to the finish line but I'm more like ... meh .... I'd rather eat.

lol!

Girls I would recommend zumba on the Wii - it's 40 odd euro so you're not paying for classes, you can do it whenever you like, at whatever level you like, and you can run upstairs for a shower afterwards!
    Magic!

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

does anyone have the zumba for the xbox kinnect? I didn't even realise you could get it but I saw it yesterday in gamestop. Was wondering if its any good?? but then again its nice to get out of the house too for an hour or so to go to a class, away from the kids he he.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

Thanks for the tips Shoe Lover. I have just gotten soooo bored of salads, wraps and pitta breads and would love to sink my teeth into a decent sandwich that isn't killer on the points and is also filling. I might get some 4PP pitta's, the WW (3PP) ones are really thin! Going to look for the Hovis nimble bread too (3PP for 2 slices) or Brennans Natural Recipes Crunchy Wholemeal (4PP for 2 slices) and maybe have some tuna or ham on it with lettuce and lf coleslaw or get some cooked chicken or turkey. I usually only like to spend about 7PP on lunch but might bump it up to 9/10PP if it is something tasty, oh and always have to have a packet of 2PP crisps, leaving me with 7 or 8PP for a sambo.

Hey Monife,
    Dunnes own brand wholemeal pittas are 3pp, and are much better than the WW ones :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Hey Guys

Seriously struggling past couple of weeks just dont seem to be able to loose anything at all....eating all my points and my weeklys and exercising 4-5 times a week and constantly either up half pound or stay the same....seriously thinking about packing it in anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

I think maybe going back over your trackers and seeing have you absolutely pp everything correctly. Our leader says it is worthwhile writing beside each meal that you track what way you felt after e.g.: bloated, full, satisfied etc..

If there are foods that bloat you maybe you should try cutting them down. Also are you trying to drink 2 litres of water a day? It really does help. Also what I found helped was to have a large lunch with lots of protein (chicken or fish) and veg but no carbs. Keeps you fuller for longer and keeps me away from snacking.

I feel your pain cos i went through a few weeks of that but stick with it, you will get there. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

dammitj wrote: »

Girls I would recommend zumba on the Wii - it's 40 odd euro so you're not paying for classes, you can do it whenever you like, at whatever level you like, and you can run upstairs for a shower afterwards!
    Magic!

;)
    it's €35 in argos,,think i might get it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

tantipie wrote: »
    it's €35 in argos,,think i might get it:)

Good value!
    I pre-ordered mine as I was dying to try it, ha ha!

I really have to do more practising of the steps though, at the moment I'm just throwing myself all over the place mostly!!

:rolleyes:

i'd love to do zumba classes.. Thing is i hate going alone to these things.. it's always me by myself! i tried salsa slims but i was the only one there going on my own.. ppol always goes with friends and i'm being left out alone..:(
    I'm brave.. i am.. tried those salsa classes, yoga, gym, swimming, even a sewing class.. none of my friends are interested.. or dont have the money to join me..
    I'm living in citywest.. dublin, anybody out there would like to join me in zumba classes?? :D
    if not.. i also have a wii.. might try that then.. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

amira wrote: »
    i'd love to do zumba classes.. Thing is i hate going alone to these things.. it's always me by myself! i tried salsa slims but i was the only one there going on my own.. ppol always goes with friends and i'm being left out alone..:(
    I'm brave.. i am.. tried those salsa classes, yoga, gym, swimming, even a sewing class.. none of my friends are interested.. or dont have the money to join me..
    I'm living in citywest.. dublin, anybody out there would like to join me in zumba classes?? :D
    if not.. i also have a wii.. might try that then.. :(

Don't let these things get you down, Amira! I'm always on my own at things as well! I'm currently doing a cooking course on my own, I think I'm the only one on their own in the class. I've always gone to course & classes in the gym on my own because my friends/family aren't interested or are broke :( It used to bother me, but now I'm used to it and I actually like going on my own :D If you want to do it, just go for it! Otherwise you'll be wishing you had done it anyway - that's my motto! :)

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Don't let these things get you down, Amira! I'm always on my own at things as well! I'm currently doing a cooking course on my own, I think I'm the only one on their own in the class. I've always gone to course & classes in the gym on my own because my friends/family aren't interested or are broke :( It used to bother me, but now I'm used to it and I actually like going on my own :D If you want to do it, just go for it! Otherwise you'll be wishing you had done it anyway - that's my motto! :)

Thanks Shoe Lover!
    i guess i'll have to do that.. as i said.. i've done it before.. i just thought it'd be nice to do it with someone for a change.. :rolleyes:
    nice to know i'm not the only one doing things on my own.. ;)

• Advertisement

I asked this yesterday but no one answered :o lol. Is zumba very intensive? I'm very unfit and I'm afraid of embarrassing myself!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

In Aldi i got a pack of 4 minute steaks and they are 4pp each and yummy in a pitta with salad, cheese and sauce or with veg and potatoes.

I got supervalu own brand pittas and they work out at 4pp each.

Having bacon, cabbage and spuds with pasrley sauce for dinner tonight and the parsley sauce is only 2pp for 100mls Yummy:p...

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

Hi Monife,

I made the nicest sambo the other day.

2 Toast 5PP
    100g Chicken 3PP (Tesco Flamgrilled cooked chicken yum yum)
    2 Rasher Medallions 1PP (Tesco again)
    Extra light Mayo 1PP
    1 Light Easi Single 1PP

11PP - I know it's higher than you usually like, but you could put some salad on and reduce the chicken by 1PP and with lower PP bread you could do this sambo for 9PP, I reckon! Oh it was so yummy - so annoyed I don't have it for lunch today :rolleyes:

I grilled the rashers in the morning before work. Heated the rashers & chicken at lunch with the cheese on top to melt it and then threw it all on the toast with the mayo used instead of butter!! Delish x

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Monife: I just pointed the johnston, mooney & o'brien handy toastie at 4 propoints for 2 slices. It's really good size slices too.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭shanasue

I asked this yesterday but no one answered :o lol. Is zumba very intensive? I'm very unfit and I'm afraid of embarrassing myself!!!

get out there and do it!! its great fun, doesnt matter if you cant do the steps or keep in time etc, point is you are moving and sweating and the music is great!! I go (on my own) to a big class 50+ and everyone is going in a different direction!! age and fitness levels range from definately not fit to super fit young and old, give one class ago its definately worth it :D

shanasue wrote: »
    get out there and do it!! its great fun, doesnt matter if you cant do the steps or keep in time etc, point is you are moving and sweating and the music is great!! I go (on my own) to a big class 50+ and everyone is going in a different direction!! age and fitness levels range from definately not fit to super fit young and old, give one class ago its definately worth it :D

Thanks for that :)

Going to start next Wed. Can't make it tonight but going to take advantage of the gorgeous weather and go out for a walk. Just went out for a quick 20 minute walk on my lunch there and it was fab!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Elemis

Lots of great tips here as usual, thanks guys :)

Great website Skinnydoll! I really didn't think i'd be able for an Easter egg this year but now I reckon why not! I think the weeklies make that possible..

Weigh in today, down 1 lb. Same as last week. I was a bit disappointed last week but then my leader (i do it by post) sent me a great poem about just losing one pound and that changed my attitude!

I had a stomach bug since monday and only ate for the first time last night so i'm glad i didnt lose more than a pound, as I reckon it would've been a 'false loss' and I would've put it on next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

izzy24 wrote: »
    In Aldi i got a pack of 4 minute steaks and they are 4pp each and yummy in a pitta with salad, cheese and sauce or with veg and potatoes.

I got supervalu own brand pittas and they work out at 4pp each.

Having bacon, cabbage and spuds with pasrley sauce for dinner tonight and the parsley sauce is only 2pp for 100mls Yummy:p...
    i just had the aldi minute steak for lunch,,rubbed it in olive oil and seasoned it,,fried it up and threw in mushrooms courgette and peppers,,and some chilli sauce and dunees noodles,,9pp and was huge:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Elemis

Btw thought i'd post that poem up...

Only One Pound

Hello, do you know me?
    If you don't you should. I'm a pound of fat, and I'm the happiest pound of fat that you would ever want to meet.

Want to know why? It's because no one ever wants to lose me;
    I'm Only One Pound, just a pound.

Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds or fifteen pounds, but never only one, so I just stick around and happily keep you fat.

Then I add to myself ever so slyly so that you never seem to notice it, that is until I've grown to ten, twenty or even more pounds in weight.

Yes, it's fun being Only One Pound of fat, left to do as I please.

So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying "Oh, I only lost one pound."
    ( as if that were such a terrible thing!)

For you see, if you do this you'll encourage others to keep me around because they will think I'm not worth losing.

And I love being around you -
    your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you.

Happy Days!! After all, I'm Only One Pound of fat!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I went and bought zumba for the xbox! I hope it's good :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement