Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Chrissie1985

Thanks Lil KC. I'll give it a try it could be something gota do with it because I tend to eat huge meals in the evening and very little during the day.
    Got W In tonight so will keepyou posted.
    Thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Well done on all the losses girls :)

Ye're keeping me motivated I find Wednesday the worst day for me 2 days before WI & usually having little or no weeklies left & then just wanting to eat something bad but not having the points!! :P

I'm feeling a bit meh ATM so hope this passes & really hoping for a loss this wk after STS last wk & I really want to get the 1st stone gone

Thanks for posting that poem I'm also doing @ home but don't bother posting my WI's to Kay it's nice she sends you little bits to jeep you motivated :)

I'm considering buying a wii to help me vary up my exercise those of you that have them what 'keep fit' games would you recommend going to get the zumba But what else?? Thanks girls :)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

So.. WI today.. -1.5lbs.. again.. i dont seem to lose more than that!!
    Still i can't complain coz i had some mad weekends, bbqs, christenings, mother day, paddy's day, dinners out.. you name it!!
    I'd love to have a normal weekend, see if i can up my losses a bit :rolleyes:

Then i got 'kinda' good news.. i reached my 'initial' goal! I mean, my leader never told me what my gold was.. and seems it was 10st10lb (my weight today) which i find a bit high as i'm just 5ft5. So felt kinda nice for about a second, then we pushed the goal forwards to 9st12lbs.. and it seems so far away.. at 1.5lbs a week is gonna take me another 2 months!!

Dont wanna be moaning, i know some ppol here have a longer way to go and dont complain.. i'm just saying it coz i would have preferred having the 9st12 goal from the begining so i wouldnt have this bittersweet feeling today.. so just as a wee advice, talk to your leader about your goal before something like this happens to you.. :confused:

i know i'm making it sound bad.. is not that horrible.. but i'm feeling somehow deflated.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

Hi all,

I'm a first time poster but have followed you all on your weight loss journeys for some time now.

I've been a WW for the past two years and have lost a total of 9st.
    Fantastic, you might say and believe me it is. But here's my problem.
    Since the start of PP I have lost nothing. I have only 5.5lbs to go to goal
    and I just can't seem to get there. :(

I still weigh everything I eat, I track everything I eat, I don't drink and do plenty of excercise. Its like my body is annoyed with me and just says No you've had your lot. NO MORE!

Any ideas? What can I do?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

fionas046 wrote: »

WOW!! that is some loss!! congratulations!! it's just brilliant, seriously..

I dont know.. a few people here had issues with PP as well and they have gone back to the old points system.. It obviously worked for you before, so why don't you go back, lose those 5lbs, and then get into the PP for maintenance?
    I think it'd be worth to try, and you'll have the support here whatever the system you follow.. it's the best thread ever!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

dammitj wrote: »
    A large part of weight loss is psychological isn't it? You just gotta be in the zone to do it.
    Like I'm a half stone or so from goal and I am just finding myself waning.
    I can't understand it, you'd think I would have the urge to get to the finish line but I'm more like ... meh .... I'd rather eat.

lol!

Girls I would recommend zumba on the Wii - it's 40 odd euro so you're not paying for classes, you can do it whenever you like, at whatever level you like, and you can run upstairs for a shower afterwards!
    Magic!

;)

thats the big plus for me! can just switch it off and hop in the shower....trying to get bus home all sweaty puts me right off the classes lol. Might try and pick it up in the bank holiday sales in few weeks :D

izzy24 wrote: »
    In Aldi i got a pack of 4 minute steaks and they are 4pp each and yummy in a pitta with salad, cheese and sauce or with veg and potatoes.

I got supervalu own brand pittas and they work out at 4pp each.

Having bacon, cabbage and spuds with pasrley sauce for dinner tonight and the parsley sauce is only 2pp for 100mls Yummy:p...

BRILLIANT! cos the supervalu own brand wraps and pittas are very nice! WOOO!

thank ya! :D tiz great we're all doing these lists :D

I promise i'll have cheese/milk/cream/creme frache/cheese spreads/ kinda stuff up this weekend :D (handing up THE LAST ASSIGNMENT tomorrow) Oh HAPPY DAYS! :D

izzy24 wrote: »
    In Aldi i got a pack of 4 minute steaks and they are 4pp each and yummy in a pitta with salad, cheese and sauce or with veg and potatoes.

was the nutritional information on the back of the packet? cos i have minute steak in the freezer i got from butcher, and i dont have a clue how to point it

steak is steak really isnt it....would you mind posting the nutritional info for 100g of the aldi minute steak if its on it.....

what killing me...I was in aldi AN HOUR AGO! I was even looking at them, had them in my hand...debating weather to get them, but i forgot my calculator so couldnt work out the pp in store,

Thank you SO much in advance! x

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    thats the big plus for me! can just switch it off and hop in the shower....trying to get bus home all sweaty puts me right off the classes lol. Might try and pick it up in the bank holiday sales in few weeks :D

Oh yeah, good thinking!

Well I have my WI in about half an hour and I'm REALLY not looking forward to it.
    Wish me luck. :(

fionas046 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm a first time poster but have followed you all on your weight loss journeys for some time now.

I've been a WW for the past two years and have lost a total of 9st.
    Fantastic, you might say and believe me it is. But here's my problem.
    Since the start of PP I have lost nothing. I have only 5.5lbs to go to goal
    and I just can't seem to get there. :(

I still weigh everything I eat, I track everything I eat, I don't drink and do plenty of excercise. Its like my body is annoyed with me and just says No you've had your lot. NO MORE!

Wow that really is amazing!
    I would say the same as the previous poster, go back to the old system if propoints isn't working for you.
    Anythingto get those last few lbs off!

:)

• Advertisement

shanasue wrote: »
    get out there and do it!! its great fun, doesnt matter if you cant do the steps or keep in time etc, point is you are moving and sweating and the music is great!! I go (on my own) to a big class 50+ and everyone is going in a different direction!! age and fitness levels range from definately not fit to super fit young and old, give one class ago its definately worth it :D

Oh that makes me feel so much better, ha ha!
    I just can't keep up with the steps properly yet, but I am sweating and I can feel it in my legs, so I must be doing something right! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Just had a gorgeous low point dinner, and I'm stuffed:

Chicken Breast (4ppt) stuffed with a tablespoon of extra light philadelphia that I'd mixed with fresh basil (1ppt). Then I wrapped the chicken with a slice of pancetta (1ppt) and put it in the oven at 190 Celsius for about 25-30mins. Had it with 150g baby potatoes (3ppts), green beans and baby carrots. It was delish and only 9propoints! I'll definitely be having it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Well had my weigh in today and I stayed the same again, was really raging, but not going to let it deter me, and will be extra good this week. It's hard to stay motivated when your working hard at it and not seeing a loss though, felt like eating rings around me,but I didn't :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Weetabix Oaty bars milk chocolate only 1pp = happy days!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

amira wrote: »
    So.. WI today.. -1.5lbs.. again.. i dont seem to lose more than that!!
    Still i can't complain coz i had some mad weekends, bbqs, christenings, mother day, paddy's day, dinners out.. you name it!!
    I'd love to have a normal weekend, see if i can up my losses a bit :rolleyes:

Then i got 'kinda' good news.. i reached my 'initial' goal! I mean, my leader never told me what my gold was.. and seems it was 10st10lb (my weight today) which i find a bit high as i'm just 5ft5. So felt kinda nice for about a second, then we pushed the goal forwards to 9st12lbs.. and it seems so far away.. at 1.5lbs a week is gonna take me another 2 months!!

Dont wanna be moaning, i know some ppol here have a longer way to go and dont complain.. i'm just saying it coz i would have preferred having the 9st12 goal from the begining so i wouldnt have this bittersweet feeling today.. so just as a wee advice, talk to your leader about your goal before something like this happens to you.. :confused:

i know i'm making it sound bad.. is not that horrible.. but i'm feeling somehow deflated.. :(

It's ok to feel deflated, but remember that 1.5 a week is the ideal amount to lose. There's a far, far greater chance if the weight staying off if it comes off gradually. we talked about this in the meeting last night and there was a lady there who said exactly what you said, losing 1.5 a week, goal seems ages away. But another woman said 'I'm so jealous! I would kill to have that loss every week.' You're in a really good position and as our leader said last night, the weight isn't going to come off over night and if you expect it to you will fail. You'll get there. Better to spend two months andc have it gone for life than lose it in a few weeks and then put it all back on, plus more for good measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Well as expected I was up, +0.5lb. Really annoyed because even though I ate the majority of my weeklies, I exercise 5 out of the 6 days before WI. Really p*ssed off and didn't stay for the meeting, but I am not going to fall off the wagon, determined to get all this weight off me.

On a bit of a gross note, if I don't see movement by Saturday, my mum said I should get Senokot (sp?). Weird though, this has never happened me and i'm only 23!

Well done everyone at WI.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Down 3 pounds today ! 11 pounds in 4 weeks-happy out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mcb81

Down 4 this week absolutely thrilled. :D:D Have a crazy weekend ahead with a staff night out, the rugby on Saturday and a christening Sunday so not expecting the same results next week. But its like our leader said tonight, weight loss is like a journey you have to expect diversions or traffic jams along the way. It doesn't mean that you just turn back and return to where you started you plan for them and the 49 weeklies are there to assist you get off the diversion without too much damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

20mins done on my Wii Zumba lurve it I'm sweating like mad
    I know I won't get another big loss this week but I'd cry if I was up coz I've been so good loads of water, extra exercise, within my points, only difference is I've had red meat this wk (2 nights) and Id normally not eat any red meat fingers crossed I've my mini target to lose another 14lbs before Vegas in 5wks time even if I get into the 14's I'll be delighted ive only 7lbs till I'm in the 14's so I know I can do that at least

Sorry for the rant

MILK 100ml 142ml
    Whole Milk 2pp 3pp
    Semi-Skimmed Milk 1pp 2pp
    Skimmed Milk 1pp 1pp
    1% Fat Milk 1pp 2pp
    Buttermilk 1pp 2pp
    Whole Soya Milk 1pp 2pp
    Light Soya Milk 1pp 1pp
    Whole Goats Milk 2pp 2pp
    Skimmed Goats Milk 1pp 1pp

For some reason 142ml seems to be the standard serving for milk.

Cream List is on its way

Will try and attach a proper list as a word document later on....cant seem to lay out a table properly here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Monife wrote: »
    On a bit of a gross note, if I don't see movement by Saturday, my mum said I should get Senokot (sp?). Weird though, this has never happened me and i'm only 23!.

Monife,
    I had the same problem a few weeks ago. I got a really bad kidney infection and it completely fecked me up. I was waking up in the night with the worst back pain ever, practically rolling around the bed.
    Anyway, doc recommended dupholac. It was only a couple of euro and you can buy it over counter.
    I think it's recommended to take it 3 times a day but I only done that for a day or two and then just took it once or twice a day, I was afraid I wld have the opposite problem.
    If you haven't had a movement in a few days, I wouldnt wait any longer to do something about it.

On a brighter note - I was down half a pound tonight - my fifth half stone or 2.5stone. Happy with that overall, but still trying to find somethng to spur me on to exercise. Going to make myself go for a walk tomorrow night

• Registered Users Posts: 28 annabellaxx

Just reading through the last few days' posts - lots of people seem to be having problems with their 'movements'. I had same but my mum gave me some sachets of Movicol - highly recommend it - it's gentle and a couple of sachets for a day or 2 will get things working again.

Weird though isn't it - you'd think with eating all the fruit, you wouldn't have this problem. I can't understand it...:confused:

Just reading through the last few days' posts - lots of people seem to be having problems with their 'movements'. I had same but my mum gave me some sachets of Movicol - highly recommend it - it's gentle and a couple of sachets for a day or 2 will get things working again.

Weird though isn't it - you'd think with eating all the fruit, you wouldn't have this problem. I can't understand it...:confused:

too much fibre can cause constipation, so it could be TOO MUCH fruit...it was the antibiotics giving me problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Days

How many pro points in classic burger and chips?
    Would the chicken burger be better?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭agrif06

Kay_80 wrote: »
    I'm considering buying a wii to help me vary up my exercise those of you that have them what 'keep fit' games would you recommend going to get the zumba But what else?? Thanks girls :)

I love EA Sports Active. I have Wii Fit also, but found the EA Sport Active to be much better.

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    too much fibre can cause constipation, so it could be TOO MUCH fruit...it was the antibiotics giving me problems.

Yano what Lainy, that could be my problem. I started antibiotics 2 weeks ago and finished them a week ago. I was dumbfounded as to why this was happening, I eat fruit (but not too much, 2/3 portions a day), I drink water (not enough on weekend but decent amount during the week) and I exercise. I was scaring myself into thinking i had a disease after all my googling lol

Thanks kildareash, will try that. Mum recommended Senokot but if you think that is better, will go for that. Yeah I would be scared of the opposite affects so will be very careful!

Days wrote: »
    How many pro points in classic burger and chips?
    Would the chicken burger be better?
    Thanks

Eddie Rockets: Please note that for burgers you've to add meat, bun, sauces etc separately.

Breakfast
    2 Rashers - 5 pp
    2 Sausages - 5pp
    2 Hash Browns - 8pp
    Mushrooms - 1pp
    2 Toast - 4pp
    1 Fried Egg - 2pp
    Scrambled Egg - 5pp

Hot Dogs
    Foot Long - 5pp
    Chilli dog - 9pp
    Cheese Dog - 10pp
    Chilli Cheese Dog - 11pp
    Bacon Big Boy - 11pp

Nachos
    Nachos - 8pp
    Add Chili - 5pp
    Add Marinated Chicken - 4pp
    Add Guacamole - 4pp

Chilli
    Chilli Con Carne - 7pp
    Tortilla Chips - 4pp
    Grated Cheese - 4pp
    Blue Cheese Dressing - 11pp

Fish
    Fillet of Fish - 7pp
    Tartar Sauce - 3pp
    Bun - 3pp

Chicken
    Chicken Fillet - 4pp
    ER Secret Sauce - 7pp

Hamburger - 9pp
    Bacon - 1pp
    Caremlized Onion -1pp

Cheese & Sauce
    Cheddar - 4pp
    Swiss - 4pp
    Blue - 5pp
    Smoked - 5pp
    Melted Swiss - 5pp
    ER House Dressing - 7pp
    Bicks Relish - 1pp
    Pesto - 3pp

Veggie Burger - 6pp

Buffalo Wings - 6pp
    Wings Sauce - 2pp
    Tenders - 8pp
    Garlic Mayo - 7pp
    Cajun Dip - 3pp

Caesar Salad - 7pp
    Add chicken - 4pp
    Add Bacon - 1pp
    Add Tenders - 8pp
    Add Mushrooms - 1pp

Regular Fries - 14pp
    Add Chilli - 5pp
    Add Cheese - 4pp
    Add Garlic - 7pp
    Add Bacon - 1pp
    Bowl of mash - 2pp
    1/2 fries 1/2 onion rings - 18pp
    onion rings with garlic mayo - 12pp
    garlic mushrooms with mayo - 14pp

Fudge Brownie - 9pp
    Knickerbocker Glory - 12pp
    Ice Cream 100g - 14pp
    Cream 60g - 9pp

Floats All - 11pp
    Diet Float - 7pp
    Malt Shake - 28pp
    Oreo Shake - 24pp
    Milk Shake - 27pp

Above list can be found on the WW thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71374879&highlight=eddie+rockets#post71374879

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

I've never used senokot so don't know which is better but the dupholac worked for me.
    Antibiotics are the worst, I try to avoid them unless really necessary. They also play havoc with my menstrual cycle.

Right, I don't know if this will actually be of any use to people, but it'll be handy for any new folks out just joining the pp programme :)

Avanmore products are LETHAL for points :O I was SHOCKED!:eek:

• Advertisement

kildareash wrote: »
    I've never used senokot so don't know which is better but the dupholac worked for me.
    Antibiotics are the worst, I try to avoid them unless really necessary. They also play havoc with my menstrual cycle.

senokot are pretty good, really gentle. can take them going to bed, and you kinda feel "normal" in the morning. they don't have a "OMG WHERE'S THE TOILET" effect on the body :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement