Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rant/Moan/Bitch Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭GirlOfGlass

I don't have any exams this semester, so glad!
    But good luck to everyone who has. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I don't have any exams this semester, so glad!
    But good luck to everyone who has. :)

Same as me ... I like studying AV :pac:

In fairness, we did a lot of work this semester though so I think having exams would have used up the last of my nine lives!

Good luck to everyone doing exams! Hope you do well! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭kildare9

6 exams, Think I'll do well for 3 of them, the other 3 :O

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

First exam on Friday, 60% of it being CA and I've got feck all of that.:( Other 4 exams should be ok.

1 down 4 to go.

....and a nice repeat in August already.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

people really need to shut up in the libary its called the quiet room for a reson id be better off studying at home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭LFC5Times

sky88 wrote: »
    people really need to shut up in the libary its called the quiet room for a reson id be better off studying at home

Well you know what to do then.....................

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Haha. You should complain to the librarians. They should do something about it.

Or go use another college's library, that's what I do! :pac:

Just ask one of the librarians to tell people to keep the noise down. It's not fair for people to be making loads of noise in the library during exam time when others are trying to study!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Or go use another college's library, that's what I do! :pac:

Just ask one of the librarians to tell people to keep the noise down. It's not fair for people to be making loads of noise in the library during exam time when others are trying to study!

I was in this morning and some dude was talking on his phone, the oldish library woman nearly went into convulsions, I thought she was going to kill the chap.

But usually the library staff go around hushing people but I've noticed it doesn't happen as much around exam times :confused:

• Advertisement

FREEDOM!

Well since 2pm yesterday, but well it was a bit wild since then.:D

We're all finished now. Happy Summer everybody ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭davey101

Teferi wrote: »

Eh... no we aint!
    We still have one left. Roll on monday, Then we all be finished. Oh yeah!

Teferi wrote: »

Happy Holidays!

Have a good summer :)

I love how a load of repeat threads turn up in the various college forums this time of year.

Results out 15th June.

Disaster.

Everyone looking forward to their results tomorrow? Hoping they release them tonight like back in Feb otherwise I'll have to wait till 11 tomorrow night to check mine, 10 hours in work gicking myself won't be pleasant.

not really worried about the results i know i failed 2 so anything else would be a bouns for me

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭GirlOfGlass

I only found out that we're getting our results tomorrow, today!

Kinda sorta dreading it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭kildare9

Everyone looking forward to their results tomorrow? Hoping they release them tonight like back in Feb otherwise I'll have to wait till 11 tomorrow night to check mine, 10 hours in work gicking myself won't be pleasant.

Ye hope they release them tonight

results are up now one word for my results disaster

Do you repeat with a D?

dam! i dont want to check. does someone else want to log in for me and break the news really slow?
    I might just wait till tomorrow! then again might just not other checking. Denial can be a great thing

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭macrubicon

Osu wrote: »
    Do you repeat with a D?
    Nope - you can compensate with another subject with a higher grade. A D is not a fail but a compensatory pass.

Purty Kitchen tomorrow ladies and gents for the Results Party, just to let anyone know who didn't get the text, wish I could make it.

Somehow I managed to get a D in a subject that I'd failed 60% of with CA's, I'm whooper :D. Apart from that, delighted with my results. Hope everyone is happy with theirs.

So If I got a D I don't have to repeat. But I got a D both terms in the one module?

So basically I only have to repeat any F's?

Thanks for the help dude.

Ahh man i am shocked! Passed everything... IT Tallaght, You ROCK!
    Good times ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭macrubicon

Osu wrote: »
    So If I got a D I don't have to repeat. But I got a D both terms in the one module?

So basically I only have to repeat any F's?

Thanks for the help dude.

Each semester is seperate - so even though they might be the same "module" they are treated one semester at a time.

So - if you only for the one D this term you should be good - if you have a GPA listed that's greater than 2.0 you have passed !

• Advertisement

macrubicon wrote: »
    Each semester is seperate - so even though they might be the same "module" they are treated one semester at a time.

So - if you only for the one D this term you should be good - if you have a GPA listed that's greater than 2.0 you have passed !

Ahh rite cool. Mines 2.08. But my first semester is a paltry 1.5 :eek:

How much is each repeat worth? If I failed one and repeated that could that one repeat potentially bring me up above the 2.0 threshold?

Advertisement