Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rant/Moan/Bitch Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

rejkin wrote: »

Whens our easter holidays? How long do we get off for?

Finished up on the 26th March and back the 12th April.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

rejkin wrote: »
    The toilets seem to be not as bad as before as far as I can tell,seems they might have fixed the problem.

Not a chance you weren't in the college yesterday then, toilets 1st floor by the blue stairs reeked out into the corridor

If they were worse before, I cant imagine what they were like because they are still terrible now unless you're talkin about the wimmins toilets

or your sense of smell has been destroyed

But honestly, I was there last year, they haven't done a thing to them, they're still as bad as I remember

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Merch wrote: »
    Not a chance you weren't in the college yesterday then, toilets 1st floor by the blue stairs reeked out into the corridor

If they were worse before, I cant imagine what they were like because they are still terrible now unless you're talkin about the wimmins toilets

or your sense of smell has been destroyed

But honestly, I was there last year, they haven't done a thing to them, they're still as bad as I remember

That makes me laugh, because I started a thread here about 5 years ago now when I was first a student in ITT and I asked about these toilets....lol....and they're still as bad as they were then

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

It's not so much a problem on the bottom floor but on the other two levels, I really hate the meanderers. They are normally in groups of two or three and they somehow manage to take up the width of the corridor making it impossible to get by. They walk so slowly. It drives me nuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭kildare9

Teferi wrote: »
    It's not so much a problem on the bottom floor but on the other two levels, I really hate the meanderers. They are normally in groups of two or three and they somehow manage to take up the width of the corridor making it impossible to get by. They walk so slowly. It drives me nuts.

Oh how I feel your pain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Randy Shafter

Has anyone been in the toilet next to the room were people with computer problems go? Jesus, the stench! I made the mistake of going in there the other day and i had to breathe through my mouth! It stunk to high heaven. How the people who work in the room next to it is beyond me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Some eejit flashed me outside the college the other day ... :(
    Sounds funny, but it really wasn't! *shudder*

I was walking out the main door of the college at 5pm when the library closed on Friday and this guy who'd obviously come from Metro, off his head, stopped me and said he wanted to ask me a question, he was doing a survey for one of his class modules...
    I was running for a bus, but he was so persistant, I stopped. Then he eh ... whipped it out and asked what I thought.
    Sickening! :o

Why does warm weather turn people into total idiots!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

did u recognise him, from the college

before anyone says I mean by his face)

Im sure he could get in a heap of **** for that, deserves a slap on the wrist at least

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Clinker

Some eejit flashed me outside the college the other day ... :(
    Sounds funny, but it really wasn't! *shudder*

That's really quite serious: people often start like that when they are on their way up to much worse things.

If you know who it was, you should report him. To the Gardaí: the station is not very far from the college.

Over reactions...

• Advertisement

Over reactions...

You think? A little bit of googling found this study: Are Exhibitionists Dangerous? which reports that ``In a 25-year follow up study conducted in 1964, it was recorded that 12% of a large sample of indecent exposers in Austria were later convicted of rape (Sugarman, Dumugn, & Saad, 1994), whilst another study indicated that almost 46% had sexually assaulted girls and boys.''

Who knows? It's the internet, anyone can put anything up, but it seems like a pretty serious article, and that conclusion is worrying.

Yeah that's all wonderful but put it in context - in college, a guy had had a few lagers, his mates obviously dared him/he lost a bet of some sort.

Unless he was just some auld lad doing it (which it doesn't seem like), it was just a boyish prank.

How can you possibly be so sure?

I'm speculating. Just like you were speculating he was a rapist.

Merch wrote: »
    did u recognise him, from the college

Everyone in the college looks the same to me! :pac:

Nah, I didn't ... not a clue who he was.
    Clinker wrote: »
    That's really quite serious: people often start like that when they are on their way up to much worse things.

If you know who it was, you should report him. To the Gardaí: the station is not very far from the college.

Thanks for the advice, but I'm going to let it slide this time ... As Teferi said, I think it was more the case that he'd had a good bit to drink and was dared to do it, rather than ... genuinely trying to do something criminal.

Sure, it was embarrassing and disgusting but that's what a weird sense of humour and a toxic level of alcohol in Metro will do to you! :rolleyes:
    Unless he was just some auld lad doing it (which it doesn't seem like), it was just a boyish prank.

Pretty much. I just always seem to be the victim of these sort of jokes! I think he was just off his face ... Let's hope he doesn't make a habit of doing it every Friday until college is over! :pac:

It was me...

:pac:

It was me...

Don't know what you're so proud about! ;)

Don't know what you're so proud about! ;)

Owned!:D

I'm quite proud of myself now! :p

This college workload is going to be the death of me... Printing photographs now, then working on my css website then I have to do a couple of thousand more words of my dissertation...

*sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Clinker wrote: »

Eh? So he showed her his penis? No need to get so worked up over it. It's nothing she's never seen before. If a girl stopped me to show me her vagina I'd just laugh, unless she was hot of course in which case I would stop and stare.

Get over it tbh.

• Advertisement

K4t wrote: »
    Eh? So he showed her his penis? No need to get so worked up over it. It's nothing she's never seen before. If a girl stopped me to show me her vagina I'd just laugh, unless she was hot of course in which case I would stop and stare.

Get over it tbh.

Umm ... it's actually a criminal offence, so I can see where he was coming from with his point.
    In any case, we solved the issue so "get over it" isn't really relevant, not to mind quite rude.

Free ice cream!:D Was the BBQ free aswell?:eek:

Free ice cream!:D Was the BBQ free aswell?:eek:

I think you had to pay for the BBQ ... I was stuck in a lab upstairs all day though, so I'm not sure :(

How come the ice-cream was free?!

How come the ice-cream was free?!

Haven't a fruit cake, because we're students who love free stuff!?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i missed free ice cream damm it i love free stuff damm

I could have got free ice-cream, but I saw the massive queue outside the van on the way in to college ... I would have been waiting hours! :(

I remember Avonmore handing out free milkshakes in 1st year. They were disgusting but I drank loads because they were free! Ugh! :pac:

Did anyone get any of the chill out day treatments done?

Did anyone get any of the chill out day treatments done?

Manicure, got damn sexy hands!:D

Was wondering what the funk was going on in the Mezz at lunch today, seen some lad getting his head shaved and stuff.:D

Manicure, got damn sexy hands!:D

Damn girlie hands, you mean! :pac:

I didn't have time to get anything done, was working on a project all day ... Same again today! No sleep tonight, I'm sensing!
    Was wondering what the funk was going on in the Mezz at lunch today, seen some lad getting his head shaved and stuff.:D

Yeah, saw they had some hot towel shave thing ... If it's free, why not?!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Well how is everyone set for the exams?

not sure about myself, I've done a lot better in my CA's this semester but feel like I still dont know anything compared to last semester, will be an interesting couple of weeks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

well i feel screwed for about 4 of them 2 of them will be easy enough but hopefully the studying for next few days will work magic it will definatly going to be an intresting few weeks

good luck everyone

Advertisement