Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rant/Moan/Bitch Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭fishsticks

We need another entrance/exit into the college. Traffic is ridiculous at 5 o'clock. Left early today for the first time in at least a year and it took me half an hour to get from the Synergy building to the front gates. Ridiculous.
    Yea they should make a road to the gate that they always have closed at that roundabout close to Jacobs. They should also allow the back door to open with students cards instead of us walking all the way around the college... the lecturers dont mind letting us in anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 howieyadoin

plus - no child minding facilities - this is the 21st century for gods sake![/QUOTE]

There is a new creche facility being build in the grounds behind the Synergy center, it is on schedule to be up and running by October/November and will provide 50 childcare places.
    It will be subsidised for the students of ITT Dublin both full and part time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

plus - no child minding facilities - this is the 21st century for gods sake!

There is a new creche facility being build in the grounds behind the Synergy center, it is on schedule to be up and running by October/November and will provide 50 childcare places.
    It will be subsidised for the students of ITT Dublin both full and part time.[/QUOTE]

Thats one thing i don't agree with why should students capation money be used to subsidise other students child minding and the worst thing is its not even means tested. So you have people who can well afford to pay claiming this grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭sickpuppy32

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Thats one thing i don't agree with why should students capation money be used to subsidise other students child minding and the worst thing is its not even means tested. So you have people who can well afford to pay claiming this grant.

yeah cause we all know those single mums are really secret millionaires :rolleyes:
    There are plenty of students who pay their capatation money and who dont use every single student facility, only the ones they require - this is the same.
    I do hope they run the crèche in a smart way and provide minding facilities in the evening as well for part time students and those that need to use the library. Also if a student want to leave their child in for say 3 days, she wont be charged for a full week. If its run like a profit making business it'll just end u ripping off the students but if its run like a break-even co-op it'll be a success. Unfortunately i fear it'll turn out like the college canteen, rip-off prices and bad quality product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 howieyadoin

yeah cause we all know those single mums are really secret millionaires :rolleyes:
    There are plenty of students who pay their capatation money and who dont use every single student facility, only the ones they require - this is the same.
    I do hope they run the crèche in a smart way and provide minding facilities in the evening as well for part time students and those that need to use the library. Also if a student want to leave their child in for say 3 days, she wont be charged for a full week. If its run like a profit making business it'll just end u ripping off the students but if its run like a break-even co-op it'll be a success. Unfortunately i fear it'll turn out like the college canteen, rip-off prices and bad quality product.

The creche will be franchised as far as i know and an outside company will run it because as far as i am aware it is a community creche with priority being give to students and staff of ITT in that order,
    It is up to the registrars office to decide how it will be run and if it can be used on a day to day basis, the emphasis will be to stop giving money to students for outside child minding in order to make them use the facility instead. if it is not used it will be used for other purposes which would be a great shame as the college has been fighting for this facility for a number of years.
    There will also be an after school club run for the children of students.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

I never said anything about them being millionaires, i simple feel if you can afford to pay for your child to be minded you should. At present the situation is open for people to pay their realitives to mind the child. For example a mother could pay the father to babysit. Do you agree with this? Also why are you implying they are single mothers? Fathers can claim for children and also people who are married.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Administration is ****ing ****e.

Registration packs not ready? Sorry, you have had 3 months to do this so why is that?

Lecturers/Heads of Schools not replying to your emails. This is not only annoying, it's insulting. Then they will be surprised when I treat them with contempt when I see them next.

The general disarray of the way the college is run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Teferi wrote: »
    Administration is ****ing ****e.

Registration packs not ready? Sorry, you have had 3 months to do this so why is that?

Lecturers/Heads of Schools not replying to your emails. This is not only annoying, it's insulting. Then they will be surprised when I treat them with contempt when I see them next.

The general disarray of the way the college is run.

I hear what you're saying, the mess of my results is disgraceful!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

the canteen is so rubbish the service is crap and they took up all the room and cant even get a seat in it to have some lunch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭musky

i see tallaght rtc, sorry IT hasn't changed much.

guys do what the clever people do, get a high gpa and transfer to ucd or trinity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭chillin_penguin

musky wrote: »

guys do what the clever people do, get a high gpa and transfer to ucd or trinity.

Easy for some but i happen to live a short 5min walk from the college and it would be huge headache to get into town. also having been in ucd for 6months I can assure you the same problems exist. The su is even worse they have more money so can organise even bigger piss ups.

Biggest hate at the moment is everyone on facebook in the labs when im trying to find a pc.

The lack of somewhere to plug in my laptop, having given up trying to get a pc

The fact i cant get in to the college at the shop entrence....can someone please explan this to me please???????

You need to have more then one euro in your account in order to print and you can only top ur your account in one place in the college

The complete lack of anywhere to sit in the canteen and is it just me or does everyone seem to have lunch 1-2

The su not had to deal with this years crowd yet but last years where .....well we all know

Car parking is god awful........i know i said i live close to the college but i must make the epic journey to the tdc most days.

The bank in the college being completely usless...Very nice staff pleasure to deal with do try there best to help.......but we (well i do) need a working back where i can make transactions not someone to talk to about how im going to do this down the road.

Also can we get a second atm in the college would be helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭sickpuppy32

i'm a clever person and tallaght it is ok by me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Power-surge

Is this possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

TBH I picked Tallaght cos its a technical college and close to where I live, why would ya bother changing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Power-surge

I live miles away from Tallaght and if there was an oportunity to go to UCD I would defo take it!

If you are doing anything IT or technical I wouldn't bother moving. When it comes to IT etc. graduates from IT colleges are generally favoured...

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Misa-san

Yeah, among "regular people" IT colleges don't have much of a reputation; but in the industry they've got a very good reputation for turning out skilled people.

Nothing against UCD or anything, but they're rep isn't as good for that sorta thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Cheers for the excellent advice there!
    :rolleyes:

Doesn't matter where you go to college, I think. So long as you're doing a course you enjoy, have supportive lecturers and class mates and have a degree that's recognised within the industry you want to get into, it's all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

I was in UCD and I hated the place, my course, the people... IT Tallaght is soo much better suited to me :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Cheers for the excellent advice there!
    :rolleyes:

Doesn't matter where you go to college, I think. So long as you're doing a course you enjoy, have supportive lecturers and class mates and have a degree that's recognised within the industry you want to get into, it's all good.

Agreed, having been in UCD aswell doing an undergrad and now doing one in ITT (part time) I'm enjoying my time in ITT mainly because i really like the course i'm doing.

May end up going back to UCD to do a postgrad next year though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

I actually hate moodle. That is all.

It hates you back.

Why do you hate it? I have found it nothing but a pleasure to use for the past 4 years. Especially if you get a chance to look at blackboard or the one DIT use, you will be thanking Thor himself that you are using moodle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭sungear

Im gonna bring it up with them, unlock the door by the shop between 8-4

Clean the stinking toilets, no offense but I am embarrassed coming out of the blokes toilets, the cleaners are not cleaning them, quick wipe down with a cold wet cloth methinks
    They need to get the **** in there with a bucket of boiling hot water and some dettol, seriously plus the fuc*ing things dont work, thats when they're not bloody locked
    Brought this up with the caretakers, dont give a **** look at me like i got two heads??? wtf If I went into McDonalds and the jacks were that bad I think I could sue!
    No information about who to approach to tackle issues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

davey101, post deleted and you are banned for 7 days for insulting another member

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

the middle guys toilet on bottom floor is disgusting the smell is terrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭sungear

The facilities need overhaul, the bloody toilets dont even sodiing flush, its a health hazard, no point in having the gel outside if the plauge is rampant in the jacks :D

but seriously the cleaners need to go in there and hose the place down with dettol or jeyes fluid, they simply cannot be cleaning them, they cant put their hand on their heart and say its being done, changing the bog roll is all and how about some f**king urinal cakes

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

sungear wrote: »
    Im gonna bring it up with them, unlock the door by the shop between 8-4

Clean the stinking toilets, no offense but I am embarrassed coming out of the blokes toilets, the cleaners are not cleaning them, quick wipe down with a cold wet cloth methinks
    They need to get the **** in there with a bucket of boiling hot water and some dettol, seriously plus the fuc*ing things dont work, thats when they're not bloody locked
    Brought this up with the caretakers, dont give a **** look at me like i got two heads??? wtf If I went into McDonalds and the jacks were that bad I think I could sue!
    No information about who to approach to tackle issues

Sungear couldnt agree more!!! I'm doing a PT course so i get there after the toilets have been in use for hours the pong is unbearable, i run in hold my breath do the business, wash my hands run out, inhale again!

I really don't understand why the back door is locked to students. It's just plain silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Yes the smell from the toilets is pretty bad.
    People speed up going past them, are the womens toilets bad? anyone, I think this is a problem that isnt just with the mens? the toilets dont work(flush) and I dont think they are cleaned properly, cleaners go in, change the toilet paper and hide for 15-20 minutes:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

The toilets seem to be not as bad as before as far as I can tell,seems they might have fixed the problem.

Whens our easter holidays? How long do we get off for?

Advertisement