Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rant/Moan/Bitch Thread!

Options
  • 25-11-2008 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭

This is for everybody to let off a bit of steam about ITT.

I may have got the idea from the UCD forum :p

By the way, i do NOT want any lecturers names on this thread. If there are, i will remove them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

12 and a bit working days left of this work experience...

I've rarely been happier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Teferi wrote: »
    12 and a bit working days left of this work experience...

I've rarely been happier.

Well you will be very sad when you come back to lectures!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭DancingDaisy

Well seeing as it is thread to rant on, then can I just let out a rant regards all the people who insist on taking up computers to play games in the library and the lab 201/203! Can't get a computer for love nor money and I have C.A's to finish.

I can't believe the college added on courses this year when they didn't have the facilities for their current students! URRggghhhh

Rant over.

Bryn wrote: »
    Well you will be very sad when you come back to lectures!!!

I really, really won't.

6.50am starts < 10am+ starts.

Teferi wrote: »
    I really, really won't.

6.50am starts < 10am+ starts.

I would rather start work at 6 in the morning than be in our course at the moment.....that's how bad it is!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Well seeing as it is thread to rant on, then can I just let out a rant regards all the people who insist on taking up computers to play games in the library and the lab 201/203! Can't get a computer for love nor money and I have C.A's to finish.

I can't believe the college added on courses this year when they didn't have the facilities for their current students! URRggghhhh

Rant over.

I didnt even know those rooms where open to everyone cool. I use 208,209,218 for work,hardly ever full.

What Im pissed off about is that the student union cancelled the mass text service so now the clubs cant use it to get in contact with their members,they cancelled that yet they went on a week trip to chicago! :mad:

Can't believe they cancelled that. I don't understand how the students can manage to elect the same type of people to the SU every single year, and expect something different.

Those labs are open, but those computers and the library computers are the only ones that are open to Business students. So please, if you study science or engineering, don't take our computers away :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Burke

if someone is playing games or other random stuff and you need to use the computer, just tell them to get off it. worked for me all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭sickpuppy32

the over relience of IT in the college, i mean how much of a pain is it to get ur exam results, ring about threee people in the college to get emails. passwords/ pin numbers to get results is a pain - whats wrong with putting ur results up onthe bloody board! - and dont get me started itf u want to photocopy something!
    plus - no child minding facilities - this is the 21st century for gods sake!

Photocopying and printing is a bloody nightmare. I don't know what was wrong with the system they had previous years, but my god, I don't think the company implementing the new system have a clue. They tried to tell me that the reason my three page document wouldn't print was because I had insufficient funds. There was ten euro in my account! Ugh...

Calm.....deep breaths.....only a few months left and I'm outta there for good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

the over relience of IT in the college, i mean how much of a pain is it to get ur exam results, ring about threee people in the college to get emails. passwords/ pin numbers to get results is a pain - whats wrong with putting ur results up onthe bloody board! - and dont get me started itf u want to photocopy something!

At graduation we were told a creche had just opened up. Lies?

think there is a creche nearby that gives a discount to students but they have to enter a contract for a year and thats not what i'm talking abouot , i;m talking about a drop in creche where i can drop junior for a couple hours in the evening while i go intot he library- and yes i am that fella who always has his kid with him in the college - the staff are great in the library thoough and very patient

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭macrubicon

At graduation we were told a creche had just opened up. Lies?

Might have been "opening" - I believe construction has just started - or at least the machines are on site ! ( down the Greenhills road end of the grounds)

macrubicon wrote: »
    Might have been "opening" - I believe construction has just started - or at least the machines are on site ! ( down the Greenhills road end of the grounds)

Ahh, so that is what is happening there!

When programming in lab CA's aren't open book anymore :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭sideshowdave

Im actually very surprised no one has mentioned the bloody stink of the toilets yet! they dont seem to be as bad this year but still some mornings walking down the ground floor corridor it is overwhelming, and just stay clear of the one beside the bank. (blokes one that is), its real nasty.
    also:
    TDC is a s***hole, have to wear extra jumper when up there its so cold and uncomfortable and p*xy.
    while im at it ALL the lab equipment everywhere is sh*t,
    there arent enough seats at lunch,
    parking is bo**ox!
    and there are too many stairs.

having said all that i do like the new doors, a choice of three different ones to enter and if your sad like me you might choose to use a different one every day.. :) although got bored of that after the first week back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

rejkin wrote: »
    What Im pissed off about is that the student union cancelled the mass text service so now the clubs cant use it to get in contact with their members,they cancelled that yet they went on a week trip to chicago! :mad:

Hi, who told you that the students union cancelled teh mass text service, i feel this is vital for the clubs and socs

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Hi, who told you that the students union cancelled teh mass text service, i feel this is vital for the clubs and socs

I still get mass texts from the rugby club

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

few things piss me off bout it tallaght and i just dont get..

why arent exams on BEFORE xmas as opposed to after think its ridiculous
    why do you have to repeat an entire year in 1 subject if you fail?
    why are repeats on in the summer cudnt they be carried on into your next year and done at xmas
    why cudnt the lecturer and college have sorted out the poxy class size situation before the semester started as opposed to goin over 2 weeks without classes!

thankfully iv passed all my exams so far but all these things make me think what a joke it tallaght is

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

sugarman wrote: »
    The poxy TDC! Grrrr... for those that dont study engineering it's a building thats rented by the college loacted in whitestown industrial estate a nice 25min walk from the college itself and 40 min walk from my house..

Soo bloody inconvieniant.. Not all of us have cars! Which is why they cancled the buses from the college..

You try be up there for one class and then back down to the college straight after! Missed so many classes because of this..

Also its even more fun when its ****king pissing out and with the added coldness..

The building itself is an icebox in winter too.. big feck off open warehouse, rooms made from chipboard partitions..

And the other day i had a lab and a certain lecturer decided to deduct me of half the mark becuase i was 20mins or so late:mad:

I wait every Mon mornin & tues mornin for a bus that never comes and end walking for 40mins to and from..

Rant over!

i sympathise with you thats a f*ckin joke! i actually do like the college and i was in UCD before and id much prefere the things that reck my head here then that place but i just think the college is very half arsed with everything it does

• Advertisement

I'm a little annoyed that lecturers seem to think it's students fault that the lecturer is unable to get the course completely finished, although we managed to miss approx three weeks due to striking and a week of classes due to the lecturers absence. Ugh.

Said lecturer insists on flying through the entire course, briefly, without having time to actually explain things because he/she want's to finish the original course outline. We have missed almost a quarter of the semester in this module...

It just doesn't make any sense to me! Ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Misa-san

Photocopying - WTF IS "SAFE-Q" ????!!!! It's so lame, and the chick in Repro was so b****y when i asked for something copied for a society.

I just print at home now.

I had the pleasure of watching 3 computing students stand around a printer in room 231(or so) and have a chemistry student explain it to them :P what a friday that was

New doors = warmer reception :) but rather heavy to be pushin' around first thing in the mornin' for lil' ole' me

Also - mass text is back. It was comin out of the wrong account that needed to spend less but there was a seperate account it was suppose to be coming out of.

Oh Tallaght, my Tallaght.

The SU claimed that Chicago was "annual leave" and that "the vice president was there" but anyone I spoke encountered a shut-up SU, or "closed" (meaning they were playin pool)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

maybe, but its not the image i think the college wants, and I have been told myself that there isn't enough students making enough demand for it

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭macrubicon

maybe, but its not the image i think the college wants, and I have been told myself that there isn't enough students making enough demand for it

Well it's getting built so the demand must be there....

I'm no longer in the college but reading about the TDC just gives me the shudders. Remember FAS in 1st year Engineering? That was poxy as well

I'm doing the work placement in 3rd year computer science. Its a bit of a joke - the lecturers keep changing the rules on a regular basis. They have added a whole project around august that they never told us we had to do. They send out emails to "everyone" but I only get half the emails as have a few people noticed.

Now we had to hand up a project by last friday by half 2. We are on work exp. How were we meant to do that?

[quote=sideshowdave;58135119
    while im at it ALL the lab equipment everywhere is sh*t,
    there arent enough seats at lunch,
    parking is bo**ox!
    .[/quote]

OMG the lab equipment is ancient and not working half the time, the lab assistants dont want to know half the time either, i ended up fixing a tableting machine myself cause the lab guys hadn't a clue.
    parkings a joke i agree, why can't they build another exit out of the college straight onto the greenhills road - there is alreadya roundabout built for that tto happen so it would be that hard to do it. the llights trying to get out onto the road are patheitc as well esp when the college is busy, the college should make the council put the lights on a timer so on busy times, more cars can leave the college.
    Also the college caretakers are great for putting big nasty stickers on drivers who park their cars "illegally" but never do anything to the muppets who park there cars over two spaces so noone can scratch their precious cars so we all suffer instead.
    can we also do something about the rat nest in front of the college main door as well please!

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

FAS is the reason i stayed in collage way back in 1st year funny enough.
    I felt it added something different to the course, a more hands on aspect. Pain getting there though, always had to walk, but time was allowed for that, unlike TDC classes.

Printers have always been a joke btw, since i remember in 2003.
    I think the secure exam results system was welcomed, it stopped nosy mo fo s knowing your results more than yourself and was necessary privacy from the odd lunatc every class seems to have.
    Id say things will be alot better for those starting in a few years, the place will be completely different (although we were told the engineering building would be up and running by 2007). Personally glad it wasnt though, course already felt like prison (95% blokes:/ )

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭KoRn101

Burke wrote: »
    if someone is playing games or other random stuff and you need to use the computer, just tell them to get off it. worked for me all the time!

Thats cos you're mad Burke!

Its annoying when there are classes bein held in the library computer rooms!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Surely the main problem within the college is The S.U!

What's been going on with the lack of socials - and the shoddy posters for the things they've actually bother to organise?!

Advertisement