Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entourage Season 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Complete damp squib of an ending that was. Even had to double check that it was in fact the last of the season thats how underwhelmed i was.

Its still a fine show to pass a half-hour, and Ari or Drama will always make you laugh. But there's no development, no pain. Its all too neat, and lazy writing too how they bailed Chase out. Which wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't already used the same "trick" already more than once.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭dubmick

Loved the NY vibe. All the stuff in Queens was filmed in my old neighborhood there, very surreal seeing it again like that.

Where abouts in Queens was it? I thought it might have been in Astoria

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

dubmick wrote: »
    Where abouts in Queens was it? I thought it might have been in Astoria

Woodside. Right around the 61st St. station.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭datk

I know there's a Golden Globe thread but specifically to Entourage - How did this happen!!!
    20. BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A TELEVISION SERIES – COMEDY OR MUSICAL

a. ALEC BALDWIN 30 ROCK

b. STEVE CARELL THE OFFICE

c. KEVIN CONNOLLY ENTOURAGE

d. DAVID DUCHOVNY CALIFORNICATION

e. TONY SHALHOUB MONK

25. BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A SERIES, MINI-SERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION

a. NEIL PATRICK HARRIS HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER

b. DENIS LEARY RECOUNT

c. JEREMY PIVEN ENTOURAGE

d. BLAIR UNDERWOOD IN TREATMENT

e. TOM WILKINSON JOHN ADAMS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

The Piv should win that award every year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

Kevin Connolly is BORING! Piven is the man, deserves to win, IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

Porkpie wrote: »
    Kevin Connolly is BORING!

Time for E to start practising his disappointed face and congratulatory clapping as Jack Donaghy heads for the podium.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Looks like Piven could be finshed with his broadway run due to a "mystery illness" http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0631219/

I wonder what this means for the next season of Entourage?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Wait, does this mean that entourage is a comedy or musical? oO

All this time, I thought it was a drama with funny moments... I'm shocked!

And the ending worked for me.
    Vince knew he ****ed up, he didnt see the big picture and it was E breaking his balls that got Vince his next picture and pulled him right out of the gutter and back into the game.

Hell, even Ari was impressed. E is too smart to cut his nose off to spite his face and at the end of the day, Vince is his best friend.

It worked for the characters, it suited the story, it gave us a happy ending and it followed the theme and flow of the show.

I'm surprised people could dislike it so much, given the history of the show. Vince had never been down so low as he was this season, to end on another low point wouldnt have suited the show. Perhaps it was rushed, but thats the way most of the episodes go. Vince loses out, some comedy happens, E breaks his balls and then things return to the status quo.

Works for me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

a high mercury count

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b73882_jeremy_pivens_mercury_dims_his_broadway.html

"I talked to Jeremy on the phone and he told me that he discovered that he had a very high level of mercury," the prolific playwright told Daily Variety. "So my understanding is that he is leaving show business to pursue a career as a thermometer."

haha wtf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

JohnK wrote: »
    Looks like Piven could be finshed with his broadway run due to a "mystery illness" http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0631219/

I wonder what this means for the next season of Entourage?

I suppose it'll mean that we may see more of him than we expected next season. I thought that he would only really cameo in a few episodes for the first half of the season and have the lads (except, possibly for E) based in NY for the Scorsese shoot and Johnny's pub

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

It could also mean we see less of him, from what I remember there was going to be an overlap of his working on broadway and the filming of season 6 so if he's been ordered to pull out of one show I doubt his doctors are going to want to go straight into another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Hopefully Piven brings home a globe tonight.

Anyone know when the next season is due to air? :( I miss it already. I've re-watched S1-3, awesome stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

yeah hopefully he wins one! he is just awesome and deserves it AGAIN :)

id say it will probably be back end of august - thats when it was last year anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭dubmick

No wins for Entourage. 30 Rock and John Adams cleaned up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 AlexK

Yeh I saw that there. Interesting! I was expecting Entourage to do better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Ceartgoleor

Without a doubt the best show on TV! Filming on season six supposed to begin in March, with the season airing in the US in the Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

I love Entourage, best show on tv!! Anyone know when season 5 is out??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭lovinit

Is anyone watching this show now, its on at 12:05 on a Monday, its the new series, RTE dont advertise on any programme after 11 so not many might know about it not being on:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

somehow had never gotten around to watching this and was given the 5 seasons before xmas, watched them all back to back, 3-4 episodes a sitting, how spoilt was I, great show

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Radioheader

lovinit wrote: »
    Is anyone watching this show now, its on at 12:05 on a Monday, its the new series, RTE dont advertise on any programme after 11 so not many might know about it not being on:rolleyes:

Is that not Season 4 though? Any idea when Season 5 is on? Any idea of how I can get Season on DVD region 1?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Just thought i'd bump this old thread to give a heads up for season 6 starting on July 12, I for one can't wait.

There's a tiny trailer on http://www.hbo.com/entourage/ to give you a taster, also check out http://www.vikingquestgame.com/ for a laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭lovinit

Just seen the new series advertised on RTE2, starting on Sunday at 11.20pm, i for one cannot wait for this:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

is the one starting on sunday on rte2 not the old season 5 though?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

delly wrote: »
    Just thought i'd bump this old thread to give a heads up for season 6 starting on July 12, I for one can't wait.

There's a tiny trailer on http://www.hbo.com/entourage/ to give you a taster, also check out http://www.vikingquestgame.com/ for a laugh.

Cool-I thought it wasn't meant to be out until September. That trailer is rubbish though....

From Wikipedia
    Sixth season
    The season starts on July 12, 2009.[12] HBO confirmed on October 6, 2008, that Entourage has been renewed for a sixth season with filming set to begin in March 2009. Gary Cole has been confirmed to be joining the cast as a regular for the new season. Lil' Wayne is expected to appear in an episode as himself. Tom Brady will be a special guest in an episode, as well. Autumn Reeser will also appear as a new junior agent at Miller-Gold. Swarnendra Verma will be a special guest in the second episode. On March 6 2009, Dan Patrick of Sports Illustrated reported on his radio show that LeBron James would also make a cameo in an episode. Los Angeles Lakers' center Andrew Bynum is also expected to cameo. Steve Nash, the point guard of the Phoenix Suns, has also revealed via his Twitter that he will also have a cameo appearance in the season premiere. Actress Jami Gertz will also be joining the cast, she will play Gary Cole's wife. Aaron Sorkin recently confirmed on his Facebook Group he would be guest appearing on the show as himself. Israeli 2004 Miss Israel Gal Gadot will act as Vince's girlfriend for several chapters. Also, in late February, 2009 it was confirmed that Alexis Dziena has been cast to play Ashley, a new "love interest" for Kevin Connolly's character, Eric. Kate Mara will be joining the cast of Entourage this season, TVGuide.com has confirmed. Mara will play E's new assistant at his fledgling talent-management company, and perhaps his love interest as well. Also Zac Efron will be making a cameo as he was filming on June 1st, 2009 at the Hollywood NikeTown.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

BArra wrote: »
    is the one starting on sunday on rte2 not the old season 5 though?

There's only 1 Season 5, the poster above was talking about Season 6, which airs in the US in July.

Re. RTE scheduling, 11.20pm on a Sunday night, good work :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    There's only 1 Season 5, the poster above was talking about Season 6, which airs in the US in July.

I should have been more specific ;)

season five has been aired and out for ages, i have the entire season already, it was aired yonks ago...elsewhere, what I meant was it isnt the 'new' season

why RTE have only started to show it now is anyones guess

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

BArra wrote: »
    why RTE have only started to show it now is anyones guess

Ratings I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭brownbinman

Redsoxfan wrote: »

The Sunday Game usually runs late, so as its a bit past my bedtime, I try AND sKY+ it but i lose the last 15 mins....very annoying

So I bought it for €19 online. Cant wait for it to arrive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭honeymonster

Love this show seen rte are now showing season 5. But they have just finished season 6...i think

Advertisement