Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Flaccus wrote: »
    same here :)

can someone clarify something for me...is there such a thing as a standing ticket by the stage ? sounds dumb I know, but a few I know have made claims they got these tickets.

No such thing - a standing ticket is a standing ticket. You can get in as early as possible and move up close to the stage, but that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

I got standing tickets for the concert last year that were "Enter via RED Gate" which is behind the stage end and these were for the pit. We didn't know this and stayed drinking until half an hour before the show. When we entered we got wrist bands and were right up the front. The were normal tickets bought off the ticketmaster free for all like this morning.

Did anyone get tickets like these?

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

Just checked tickets still avalible for Sunday. Just got offered 4 pitch. And just now 9 pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mr Tevez

if anybody is after seating tickets , i may have 2 spare for the Sunday night, just leave a post and i'll get back to you

face value of course :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dilla

Flaccus wrote: »
    same here :)

can someone clarify something for me...is there such a thing as a standing ticket by the stage ? sounds dumb I know, but a few I know have made claims they got these tickets.

No you can only get general standing. you get the "stage standing" by arriving early on d day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

1 Irish person on Ebay is advertising his standing tickets as
    **FRONT STANDING** **V.I.P

Then when you scroll down the page it says
    Front Stage ***
    ** Standing **
    * Tickets *
    ***THE BEST TICKETS

And of course a pic of the pitch layout, with an arrow pointing at the stage, and a text box saying "Get to the Front"

He makes it sound like if you buy these tickets you will have a VIP spot at the top. Sheesh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

My recommendation to people who didn't get tickets, is not to buy them straight away. Genuine fans who got tickets, can't go, and are willing to sell them for face value aren't going to do so 6 hours after they went on sale. They'll do it in a few weeks or few months (when they find out they can't go).

I have two tickets for Saturday. There's a chance I won't be able to afford them (my credit card can afford them for now), and I may have to sell them. If I do so, it'll be for face value (I'm not a pr*ck). I'd imagine there are a few people in my situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

jackdaw wrote: »

Got 3 tickets, standing for the 11th ... How do i get into the front area ?

last year in Barcelona I could Q outside the camp nou since noon or so that day and i got some green writbands, can one do that at the RDS ?

with Pitch standing tickets?

Last year I had one person in front of me for the last night. Amazing. I was standing outside at about 2pm. The people who camp overnight work with the security staff in organising people. You head up to the front and the guys write a number on your hand. They do it up to about 500 and after that you're on your own. (My dad joined the queue later and didnt have a number but he was still in the pit area.) When it comes close to the time of the doors opening they walk the line and get people to stand 3 across in order of your number. Then the doors open. I had number in the 200's and had one guy in front and then there was Stevie and the gorgeous Ms. Tyrell. As the gig is at 5 this year, I'd advise an early start. Also, last year you were only given a wrist band if you leave the pit for any reason...and if you're anywhere near the front I wouldn't recommend that :)

I'm going to both nights and can't fuppin' wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Last year I had one person in front of me for the last night. Amazing. I was standing outside at about 2pm. The people who camp overnight work with the security staff in organising people. You head up to the front and the guys write a number on your hand. They do it up to about 500 and after that you're on your own. (My dad joined the queue later and didnt have a number but he was still in the pit area.) When it comes close to the time of the doors opening they walk the line and get people to stand 3 across in order of your number. Then the doors open. I had number in the 200's and had one guy in front and then there was Stevie and the gorgeous Ms. Tyrell. As the gig is at 5 this year, I'd advise an early start.

I'm going to both nights and can't fuppin' wait!

I didn't know they do that for Springsteen. I followed Pearl Jam for a few gigs two years ago. Eventually everyone in the queues got to know everyone and a system like that was adopted. It's a good way to go, and I think they security people actually appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭thermo66

jossnjuice wrote: »
    my story exactly!!!!
    Lucky us :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Hi all.

Here's my story:

I spent 2 and a half hours(at least)trying to get a pair of tickets for the second gig. After trying numerous times online and on the phones, I finally got through to Ticketmaster. When I requested my tickets(one for a disabled person, and another for an assistant/carer), I was told that I cannot purchase these type of tickets from Ticketmaster, and that I had to contact the venue directly!!! I preceeded to do as directed, but the staff at the RDS were as baffled as I was when I asked them!! The Ticketmaster website shows the facility for purchasing "Special Needs" tickets, but it is pointless.

Also, I don't understand Aiken Promotions: When tickets were booked for me by my sister for last year's Metallica gig, a certain promotional company offered a FREE TICKET to my carer/assistant with the booking, but this was not done by Aiken!!!??? I would've thought they would've done this as gesture of goodwill after all the hassle!!???

I then rang up Ticketmaster again, got thru to a supervisor and gave out absolute STINK to them!! I even threatened them with airing this issue on the Gerry Ryan Show.

To be fair to the lady, she provisionally booked two pitch(standing) tickets for me, while she went off to contact the Customer Services dept to find out why I was refused a sale!!

To cut a long story short, I eventually got confirmation of my tickets at about 3:30pm this afternoon after starting the whole process at 9am!!!!

In closing, a bit of advice to all disabled concert goers: DO NOT book your tickets thru Ticketmaster, it is frustrating, head-wrecking, time consuming process. Get someone to go to a store in town that will sell you tickets(I'd suggest The Sound Cellar on Nassau St), it'll save you a load of time and headaches.

Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭ec18

Jokesetal wrote: »
    I tried on the US site to get Bruce tickets in NYC (we were going to be there in Oct 2007) and refreshed too often and they froze the IP address for ten minutes.
    I ended up driving past the gig that day, ended up going shopping! The concert would have been cheaper! :-)

Happened me with AC DC earlier in the year :( still got them in the end :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Hi all.

Here's my story:

I spent 2 and a half hours(at least)trying to get a pair of tickets for the second gig. After trying numerous times online and on the phones, I finally got through to Ticketmaster. When I requested my tickets(one for a disabled person, and another for an assistant/carer), I was told that I cannot purchase these type of tickets from Ticketmaster, and that I had to contact the venue directly!!! I preceeded to do as directed, but the staff at the RDS were as baffled as I was when I asked them!! The Ticketmaster website shows the facility for purchasing "Special Needs" tickets, but it is pointless.

Also, I don't understand Aiken Promotions: When tickets were booked for me by my sister for last year's Metallica gig, a certain promotional company offered a FREE TICKET to my carer/assistant with the booking, but this was not done by Aiken!!!??? I would've thought they would've done this as gesture of goodwill after all the hassle!!???

I then rang up Ticketmaster again, got thru to a supervisor and gave out absolute STINK to them!! I even threatened them with airing this issue on the Gerry Ryan Show.

To be fair to the lady, she provisionally booked two pitch(standing) tickets for me, while she went off to contact the Customer Services dept to find out why I was refused a sale!!

To cut a long story short, I eventually got confirmation of my tickets at about 3:30pm this afternoon after starting the whole process at 9am!!!!

In closing, a bit of advice to all disabled concert goers: DO NOT book your tickets thru Ticketmaster, it is frustrating, head-wrecking, time consuming process. Get someone to go to a store in town that will sell you tickets(I'd suggest The Sound Cellar on Nassau St), it'll save you a load of time and headaches.

Peace.

Mental, its mad that you have to go through all of that just because you have some special requirments to attend. Aiken or the venue need to sort it out!
    Sorry to hear fo your hassles:o, but glad you got it sorted.

Mental, its mad that you have to go through all of that just because you have some special requirments to attend. Aiken or the venue need to sort it out!
    Sorry to hear fo your hassles:o, but glad you got it sorted.

It's not Aiken's or the venue's fault. It's bloody Ticketmaster's absolutely USELESS, SHODDY excuse for a website that's the problem!! Whoever "designed" it, needs a bloody good kicking!

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Frank3142

I also was on the dot of 9am and the first time i tried for them it said wait 15 mins, a minute later it came up as unavailable

Frank3142 wrote: »
    I also was on the dot of 9am and the first time i tried for them it said wait 15 mins, a minute later it came up as unavailable

I went from being told to wait 3 mins, to being offered tickets, only to be shut out of the site!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Pain in my f*cking hole with tickets selling out in 2mins because people with their poxy credit cards decide to buy 4 tickets "just in case" cause they say "ah well, I can sell them on no problem if my mate doesn't buy one off me". All I wanted was one f*cking ticket . Credit crunch recession my f*cking arse

Pain in my f*cking hole with tickets selling out in 2mins because people with their poxy credit cards decide to buy 4 tickets "just in case" cause they say "ah well, I can sell them on no problem if my mate doesn't buy one off me". All I wanted was one f*cking ticket . Credit crunch recession my f*cking arse

Aye. "RipOffMaster" seriously needs some competition!!?? They have far too big a monopoly over ticket selling!

They seriously need to up their game.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

It's not Aiken's or the venue's fault. It's bloody Ticketmaster's absolutely USELESS, SHODDY excuse for a website that's the problem!! Whoever "designed" it, needs a bloody good kicking!

:mad:

Well, it is their fault. They (Aiken) promote the gig so they should instruct TM to made it just as easy on the ticket booking site for those with special requirments.

Well, it is their fault. They (Aiken) promote the gig so they should instruct TM to made it just as easy on the ticket booking site for those with special requirments.

Maybe so? Either way, they(and their website)are bloody useless.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭geffkane

I am a long time Springsteen fan and must have seen him about 10 times over the years. I fully intend to see him in July , however I did not try to get a ticket this morning. Heres why.

why pay €92 for a standing ticket now when you can get one for €50 or less before the concert. Last year I saw him on the Thurs and Fri and paid €40 for each ticket.

Heres what has happened today. A lot of people bought tickets that they don't want and will not use. Heres why? GREED. They did this on the assumption that because the gigs are going to sell out quickly that they will be able to subsequently sell on the tickets for a profit (perhaps as well unlike me they were unaware that there was going to be a second concert) These hundreds of amateur incompetent touts will be caught out and rightly so. Even now you are beginning to see them offer the extra tickets that they bought for "face value" "Legitimate reason why I don't now need nine tickets" they will say. Serves them right.

geffkane wrote: »
    I am a long time Springsteen fan and must have seen him about 10 times over the years. I fully intend to see him in July , however I did not try to get a ticket this morning. Heres why.

why pay €92 for a standing ticket now when you can get one for €50 or less before the concert. Last year I saw him on the Thurs and Fri and paid €40 for each ticket.

Heres what has happened today. A lot of people bought tickets that they don't want and will not use. Heres why? GREED. They did this on the assumption that because the gigs are going to sell out quickly that they will be able to subsequently sell on the tickets for a profit (perhaps as well unlike me they were unaware that there was going to be a second concert) These hundreds of amateur incompetent touts will be caught out and rightly so. Even now you are beginning to see them offer the extra tickets that they bought for "face value" "Legitimate reason why I don't now need nine tickets" they will say. Serves them right.
    i hope your right about being able to get a ticket and aren't left disappointed !! I'm glad i have mine anyway i can sleep soundly tonight. Happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

I hear you.

But for €40 or €50 I'd rather have my ticket in hand and peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭gar

Hopefully this is allowed mods.
    I got my 3 standing tickets for the sunday gig but more of my friends got them for the sunday (probs logging on with ticketmaster).
    just wondering if someone has 3 standing tickets for sunday and do a straight swap?
    Anvantages to taking saturday tickets:
    You can go on the batter after (if he finishes!! as he does put on a long show)
    You can suffer your hangover in bed on a sundaymorning as opposed to you desk in work :)

Gar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

According to the nice guys at rmas newsgroup

"Greetings from Tampa..Ya'll
    We are working the half time show for Springsteen !!! Setting up and
    breaking down the stage. We have been here since Tuesday getting ready and
    we had a full dressed run through last night. Full half time show for about
    300 of us.

10th Ave
    BTR
    Workin on a dream (Wait till you hear his back up singers)
    Glory Days"

nipplenuts wrote: »

300 of us.

10th Ave
    BTR
    Glory Days"
    Sounds good. Pity its only 12 minutes.

Interesting to hear Working on a Dream live, Was thinking My Lucky Day would be more uplifting but i'm sure WOD will be great

Tom65 wrote: »
    I didn't know they do that for Springsteen. I followed Pearl Jam for a few gigs two years ago. Eventually everyone in the queues got to know everyone and a system like that was adopted. It's a good way to go, and I think they security people actually appreciate it.

Yeah definitely, and the majority of people in the queue appreciated it too, although there were a few who refused to move back in accordance with their number cos their friends had arrived earlier. I personally found that very unfair but you get it everywhere I guess. :)

nipplenuts wrote: »

300 of us.

10th Ave
    BTR
    Glory Days"

10th Avenue ...love it! Was so happy I got to hear that last year. Although we'll never hear it done like New York...."the Minister of Mystery, Brother Dan Federici" RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Got two standing tickets for the Saturday, was online from 8:50am and with alot of refreshing I managed to get them at 9:20am, couldnt believe it, delighted. :) It will be my first time seeing The Boss, really looking forward to it.

Advertisement