Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭thermo66

Got two standing tickets for the Saturday, was online from 8:50am and with alot of refreshing I managed to get them at 9:20am, couldnt believe it, delighted. :) It will be my first time seeing The Boss, really looking forward to it.
    your in for a treat!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Absolutely. I've never seen a live show like it. Had to make sure I got tickets for the last night after last year....7 song encore, the energy was electric!

He's an amazing showman!

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Absolutely. I've never seen a live show like it. Had to make sure I got tickets for the last night after last year....7 song encore, the energy was electric!

He's an amazing showman!

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

geffkane wrote: »
    I am a long time Springsteen fan and must have seen him about 10 times over the years. I fully intend to see him in July , however I did not try to get a ticket this morning. Heres why.

why pay €92 for a standing ticket now when you can get one for €50 or less before the concert. Last year I saw him on the Thurs and Fri and paid €40 for each ticket.

Heres what has happened today. A lot of people bought tickets that they don't want and will not use. Heres why? GREED. They did this on the assumption that because the gigs are going to sell out quickly that they will be able to subsequently sell on the tickets for a profit (perhaps as well unlike me they were unaware that there was going to be a second concert) These hundreds of amateur incompetent touts will be caught out and rightly so. Even now you are beginning to see them offer the extra tickets that they bought for "face value" "Legitimate reason why I don't now need nine tickets" they will say. Serves them right.

Spot on. Some people whinge that gigs sell out too fast because there's evil tout network on the internet with dozens of computers with seperate connections and an endless supply of credit cards. The problem is in fact everyone buying the max number "just to be sure" and assuming they'll have a few mates they can flog them to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

How good was that half-time show?? So excited about July!

So funny when he clattered the camera man :)

• Advertisement

Chinafoot wrote: »
    How good was that half-time show?? So excited about July!

So funny when he clattered the camera man :)
    thought it was on purpose at first!!

I agree it rocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Chaosangel

great show alrite in the superbowl
    as already said he really is a great showman

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Great show I thought as well. Think his voice isn't as good as it used be though. He sounded a bit strained on more than a couple of lines. Still it was a great show, he did 10th Avenue, Born to Run, Working on a Dream and Glory Days. All in 12 minutes. And not forgetting the crotch slide :) Can't wait for July 11th and 12th.

Flaccus wrote: »
    Great show I thought as well. Think his voice isn't as good as it used be though. He sounded a bit strained on more than a couple of lines. Still it was a great show, he did 10th Avenue, Born to Run, Working on a Dream and Glory Days. All in 12 minutes. And not forgetting the crotch slide :) Can't wait for July 11th and 12th.
    His voice is usually top notch in live concerts. He was probably a bit winded from banging into the camera :) But either way he's nearly 60 so his voice is bound to have changed to when he was 25. 12 minutes wasn't long enough but he definitely brought energy to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Got my tickets yesterday for one of his Boston gigs can't wait.

For some strange reason i'm slightly behind the stage!!!! at least Bruce doesn't rely on 50ft TVs to do his show.

Both Boston concerts were sold out in 15 mins. So quite happy to get them no matter where they are.

I have never seen him in concert but my Dad ensures me its unbelievable.

I love the live dvd concert of him and the E Street Band in Hammersmith, Odeon '76. That album is also the most played album on my iPod. There's something magical about that concert that transports you to that place and time some 20 years before i was born

• Advertisement

Hazys wrote: »
    I love the live dvd concert of him and the E Street Band in Hammersmith, Odeon '76. That album is also the most played album on my iPod. There's something magical about that concert that transports you to that place and time some 20 years before i was born

Don't you mean '75 ?

Don't you mean '75 ?

Yes '75 typo

There's a DVD of that gig in the Born To Run box set, the liner notes written by Bruce are nice. Apparently when he got to London and saw his posters everywhere he got angry and pissed off that he somehow became part of a marketing machine and he ran around the venue tearing the posters down.

There's a DVD of that gig in the Born To Run box set, the liner notes written by Bruce are nice. Apparently when he got to London and saw his posters everywhere he got angry and pissed off that he somehow became part of a marketing machine and he ran around the venue tearing the posters down.

Ya thats where i got the DVD of the Hammersmith concert, the letter written by Bruce on the inside of the DVD sleeve adds great insight to the history of the concert. Bruce's first time and concert outside the US.

That special 30 year annivesary Born To Run album also has another DVD where Bruce goes tru the stories behind all the born to run songs...its pretty cool to see the thought process and the hours of work going into his songs.

There's also a cool picture book in it also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭NTC

Got my tickets yesterday for one of his Boston gigs can't wait.

For some strange reason i'm slightly behind the stage!!!! at least Bruce doesn't rely on 50ft TVs to do his show.

My brother and I got ticket for the tuesday night gig in boston, also behind the stage. We got flights for €550 return for the two of us. We are going to see the Red Sox on the Wednesday. What a week!

Might see you there, it will be excellent.:)

NTC wrote: »
    My brother and I got ticket for the tuesday night gig in boston, also behind the stage. We got flights for €550 return for the two of us. We are going to see the Red Sox on the Wednesday. What a week!

Might see you there, it will be excellent.:)

Class, the weather will be lovely over here at that time. Red Sox during the opening month, a few beers in the sun, great atomsphere, what more do you want!!! I'd recomend the Blue Man Group also its an unbelievable show.

I'm suprised more people dont go abroad for concerts since tickets are such a ripoff. My parents went to Brussels to see the Boss over his last Dublin concert. Flights to Brussels, tickets, and hotel didn't cost much more than the tickets and hotel in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

Ya thats where i got the DVD of the Hammersmith concert, the letter written by Bruce on the inside of the DVD sleeve adds great insight to the history of the concert. Bruce's first time and concert outside the US.

That special 30 year annivesary Born To Run album also has another DVD where Bruce goes tru the stories behind all the born to run songs...its pretty cool to see the thought process and the hours of work going into his songs.

There's also a cool picture book in it also

seemingly next up for the boss is a darkness on the edge of town box set. if its half as good as the born to run one, itl be a maserpiece!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Don't know if this was mentioned here but I saw some people looking to trade Bruce tickets and just wanted to let you know you're better off going to toutless.com or backstreets.com/btx to do so. I don't think the mods here like ticket trading.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

mymate from sligo got 2 tickets for the sunday gig. cant wait. hes a legend live. price is a bit steep but they were that price last year aswell were they not. is there many from here going sunday. where are most of you heading before the gig?

• Advertisement

villains77 wrote: »
    where are most of you heading before the gig?

Dole office :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Bruce-Springsteen-The-RDS-Sun-12thJul-2TICKETS-IN-HAND_W0QQitemZ320337262170QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Tickets_Tickets_LE?hash=item320337262170&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1298|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Can lies in a listing, such as the gig being sold out, be reported to ebay?

I checked on Ticketmaster just now and it is still possible to buy tickets for Sunday.

If he's lying in the list description then report it.

Ten to one Ebay does fuck all about it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 GerTipp

Going to see Bruce for first time on Sun in RDS. Just a couple of questions, the gates open at 5pm, is there a supporting act or does Bruse come on soon after? Also, do they sell beer in the RDS or will I need a few refreshments beforehand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

No support last time and I'm guessing it's the same this year. As for beer, available inside but I wouldn't recommend it, needing to take a leak is the last thing you want during a Springsteen gig!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

Never any support at a Springsteen gig. He should, if last year is an indicator, play 8.30-11.15 ish

March 23, 2009
    Asbury Park, NJ
    Convention Center

• Outlaw Pete
    • My Lucky Day
    • Night
    • Out in the Street
    • Working on a Dream
    • Johnny 99
    • I Ain't Got No Home
    • Good Eye (with Jay Weinberg)
    • Radio Nowhere (with Jay Weinberg)
    • Candy's Room (with Jay Weinberg)
    • Because the Night (with Jay Weinberg)
    • Mary's Place (with Jay Weinberg)
    • The Wrestler
    • This Life
    • Long Walk Home
    • Surprise, Surprise
    • Badlands
    • No Surrender

• Hard Times (by Stephen Foster)
    • Mustang Sally (w/ John Eddie)
    • Thunder Road
    • Born to Run (with Jay Weinberg)
    • American Land (with Jay Weinberg)
    • Seven Nights to Rock

March 24, 2009
    Asbury Park, NJ
    Convention Center

• Badlands
    • Outlaw Pete
    • My Lucky Day
    • No Surrender
    • Out in the Street
    • Working on a Dream
    • Seeds (First since 1996)
    • Johnny 99
    • The Ghost of Tom Joad
    • Good Eye
    • Darlington County
    • Waitin' on a Sunny Day
    • The Promised Land
    • The Wrestler
    • Kingdom of Days
    • Lonesome Day (with Jay Weinberg)
    • Radio Nowhere (with Jay Weinberg)
    • Born to Run (with Jay Weinberg)

• Hard Times
    • Dancing in the Dark
    • Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
    • Land of Hope and Dreams
    • American Land

April 1, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    HP Pavilion at San Jose

• Badlands
    • Outlaw Pete
    • My Lucky Day
    • No Surrender
    • Out In The Street
    • Working On A Dream
    • Seeds (first since 1996!)
    • Johnny 99
    • Ghost of Tom Joad
    • Good Eye
    • Good Rockin' Tonight (1947 jump blues)
    • Darlington County
    • Growin' Up
    • Waiting On A Sunny Day
    • Promised Land
    • The Wrestler
    • Kingdom of Days
    • Radio Nowhere
    • Lonesome Day
    • Born To Run

• Hard Times
    • Thunder Road
    • Dancing In The Dark
    • Land Of Hope And Dreams
    • American Land

April 3, 2009
    Glendale, AZ
    Jobing.com Arena

• Badlands
    • Outlaw Pete
    • My Lucky Day
    • The Night
    • Out In The Street
    • Working On A Dream
    • Seeds
    • Johnny 99
    • The Ghost of Tom Joad
    • Working On The Highway
    • Downbound Train
    • Because The Night
    • Waiting On A Sunny Day
    • The Promised Land
    • The Wrestler
    • Kingdom of Days
    • Radio Nowhere
    • Lonesome Day
    • The Rising
    • Born To Run

• Hard Times
    • Rosalita
    • American Land
    • Dancing In The Dark

April 5, 2009
    Austin, Texas
    Frank Erwin Center

• Badlands
    • Outlaw Pete
    • My Lucky Day
    • Prove It All Night
    • Out In The Street
    • Working On A Dream
    • Seeds
    • Johnny 99
    • Youngstown
    • Working On The Highway
    • Sherry Darling
    • She's The One
    • Because The Night
    • Waiting On A Sunny Day
    • The Promised Land
    • The Wrestler
    • Kingdom Of Days
    • Radio Nowhere
    • Lonesome Day
    • The Rising
    • Born To Run

• Hard Times
    • Jungleland
    • I'm A Rocker
    • American Land
    • Glory Days

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Anyone else think it really sucks that Jay Weinberg will be playing some of the dates in europe? anyone know if he will be playing Ireland or can Max make that?

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

max is the best sticksman bar none, so yeah........it sux in my eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Doesn't look good, Weinberg is missing shows to feature on The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien which starts 1st June and runs Mon-Fri, all depends on whether Weinberg is featuring in the entire series or just the initial few shows.

Advertisement