Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I imagine, and hope, there will be a show on the 12th also. Even at 96.25 :eek: there should still be enough demand for two nights if not three. Plus there's a big gap there in the schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Alzar

Lucky enough to get tickets (pitch standing?) that enabled us to get right up to the stage :D:D at the Sunday night gig in the RDS.

Here's hoping I'll be lucky enough again this time round.

Does any one think extra dates will be announced?

Al.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭FockRoysh

Tickets will be €86.25 standing and €96.25 seated go on sale next Friday 30th January at 9am from all usual Ticketmaster outlets nationwide
    Wow. How much were tickets last year? I can't remember but I dont think they were that expensive??

He'll surely announce more dates? My little sister is heartbroken that she cant go... her stint in the Gaeltacht dosent end until the 13th...!!

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Think a standing last year was 81 yo-yos,my seated ticket in Munich for the July gig is 67:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

FockRoysh wrote: »
    He'll surely announce more dates? My little sister is heartbroken that she cant go... her stint in the Gaeltacht dosent end until the 13th...!!

The 11th is a Saturday so I think your sister may be disappointed even if they do announce more dates.

So excited about this! New album is amazing. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭forzawexford10

I have never bought tickets through ticketmaster befroe, what time would you advise going onto the website at seeing as the tickets go on sale at 9am. id imagine the will sell out in 5 minutes

Last year tickets came out a few minutes before 9am. I'd advise logging on around 8:45 and clicking refresh... :) You also need to have an account with ticketmaster so make sure you sort that before Friday morning. A friend of mine got caught with that before.

Also I have it on very good authority that more dates will appear, like last year, even if they haven't been announced. So if it says sold out for the 11th keep checking!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Last year tickets came out a few minutes before 9am. I'd advise logging on around 8:45 and clicking refresh... :) You also need to have an account with ticketmaster so make sure you sort that before Friday morning. A friend of mine got caught with that before.

Also I have it on very good authority that more dates will appear, like last year, even if they haven't been announced. So if it says sold out for the 11th keep checking!

Yea i always do the same log on round 8:45 and just refresh refresh refresh.

I wonder how many will he do , will he do the same as last year and do 3 or do 1 extra this year and do 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭FockRoysh

.....how good is that authority.....???!

FockRoysh wrote: »
    .....how good is that authority.....???!

So good I already have my ticket for the 11th :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

So good I already have my ticket for the 11th :)

I'm going to trust you because of your signature :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Tom65 wrote: »
    I'm going to trust you because of your signature :P

speakin of that sig Chinafoot...it's Roy Orbison. Sorry:o

Anyway, roll on Bruce. I'll be doing the same I did last year, get an early Luas into Stephens Green for 7am and queue there for a couple of hours...no need for any of the overnight shenanigans - I was about 20th in line last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

Has anyone noted the clash between Bruce and that....festival thing? Bit annoying, but Bruce'll win out....I mean, I've only seen him seven times :p

And yeah, those prices....what recession? Ouch.

Nunu wrote: »
    speakin of that sig Chinafoot...it's Roy Orbison. Sorry:o

Haha never noticed the typo before. Thanks for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭The Swordsman

Anyone know if there will be a limit on the number of tickets you can buy. There's nothing on Ticketmaster.

The limit was 4 for last year's show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

I thought the limit last year was 6 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭The Swordsman

It was definitely 4.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/eg8119

I hope its not only 4 this time or someone could be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Driver 8 wrote: »
    Has anyone noted the clash between Bruce and that....festival thing? Bit annoying, but Bruce'll win out....I mean, I've only seen him seven times :p

And yeah, those prices....what recession? Ouch.

Yup, I'm going to have great fun selling my ticket for said festival...but it's worth it!

And I have to say I'm appalled at the prices, it may only be €5 on top of last year but there should be no increase at all. Of course, it's not The Boss himself dictating prices but seriously, I had no problem forking out the €80 last year but this is just insane, might make them easier to get though, can't imagine too many people being able to afford this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

niallon wrote: »
    Yup, I'm going to have great fun selling my ticket for said festival...but it's worth it!

And I have to say I'm appalled at the prices, it may only be €5 on top of last year but there should be no increase at all. Of course, it's not The Boss himself dictating prices but seriously, I had no problem forking out the €80 last year but this is just insane, might make them easier to get though, can't imagine too many people being able to afford this!

I bought tickets for his gigs here in Stockholm and they were €62 each, all charges etc. included. And Stockholm is generally more expensive that Dublin. Maybe it's down to transport costs, but I'm inclined to think a lot of it is due to promoters knowing fans will the money. Though in the currenly economic climate, we'll see...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I would say you will get tickets easily enough. There were a lot of young people last year. Lots who "went to say they saw him", now they have seen him they will not go again, esp. so soon again at those prices.

I will not go again at that price, if it was the O2 I might, was there for another gig and it is a far better setup on all counts (sound, bar, toilets etc) , much better than the old point.

I know 6 who went including me, none will probably go this year, even though it was amazing last year. Many went due to it being the E-street band and the promise of a greatest hits sort of show, thinking it might never happen again.

• Advertisement

that song on the wrestler , is this on his new album ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

jackdaw wrote: »
    that song on the wrestler , is this on his new album ?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

rubadub wrote: »
    I would say you will get tickets easily enough. There were a lot of young people last year. Lots who "went to say they saw him", now they have seen him they will not go again, esp. so soon again at those prices.

I was one of them, in a sense, but I'm going again! :D
    I will not go again at that price, if it was the O2 I might, was there for another gig and it is a far better setup on all counts (sound, bar, toilets etc) , much better than the old point

Valid point and he'd be great there but I'm much more in favour of resting easy that I have a good chance of getting tickets rather than a mad panic simply because I think Meteor is a better phone provider than O2, what a joke.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

rubadub wrote: »

I will not go again at that price, if it was the O2 I might, was there for another gig and it is a far better setup on all counts (sound, bar, toilets etc) , much better than the old point.

I know 6 who went including me, none will probably go this year, even though it was amazing last year. Many went due to it being the E-street band and the promise of a greatest hits sort of show, thinking it might never happen again.
    Also agree there about most people who went to see him last year wont go see him again . My parents went last year and said it was amazing but again wont go again even though he has a new album . And if some of the younger fans that might think about going will prob choose a different gig the same weekend if they seen him last year. About the ticket prices i think Aiken know that if people really want to see him will pay the €80/€90

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭big_show

I see there's 4 days between Bruce's Irish gig and the French gig, what are the chances of another date been added I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,638 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Hope to God I get a ticket tomorrow!? I've never seen him in concert, so I want this time round......

big_show wrote: »
    I see there's 4 days between Bruce's Irish gig and the French gig, what are the chances of another date been added I wonder?

I'll be very, very, very surprised if he only does one Dublin gig.

I was just listening to the new album Absolutely love it. The song for Danny is gorgeous...not ashamed to say I got a little teary :)

I'm so excited about this. July can't come quick enough.

I remember buying last year i could only have 1 mozilla session open ... even if the other pages were other sites ...

and i think i could only have Mozilla open... Word , Excel Outlook etc all had to close ... pain in the a** ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

anyone got a proxy so that I can open a 2nd window?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

its the same game with IE ya can only have one screen searching for tickets. im logged in and good to go!!!! let the battle for bruce tickets commence!!! got to two last year and going for the max whatever it ends up being!!!

Advertisement