Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen

Options
  • 18-01-2009 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    Does anybody know if Bruce Springsteen is playing in Ireland or The Uk anytime soon?
    Cheers in advance. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Me to you

Cheers, cant seem to find anything bout concerts on it though. :confused::(:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

No tour news yet, but the newsgroup will have it early

http://groups.google.ie/group/rec.music.artists.springsteen/topics?hl=en

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Just had a look and there's no dates announced for this year, not really surprising he's just done a world tour.

Probably have to wait until 2010 to see him in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

The rumour was a European tour starting in february, with Bruce back in the US by june. Cant see that happening but the new album could very well mean a new tour. Fingers crossed. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 SeamyDog

Rumoured to be playing O2 Dublin in late feb

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

as posted on another thread, i have seen provisional dates on the backstreets forum but i underline they are only rumor. if rumors are to be believed its going to be te 14th and 15th of feb at the o2.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭The Swordsman

Rumours are that Bruce will start his tour (which is definitely going ahead according to Steve van Zandt) in the US in March and will hit Europe in the summer (a Glastonbury appearance is a strong rumour). According to Backstreets.com:
    http://www.backstreets.com/btx/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=129113, dates have been confirmed for Scandinavia in June and July.

He always includes Ireland, so hopefully he won't pass us by this year. However, because of other commitments the drummer, Max Weinberg, has on US TV, it is thought that the tour will be a short tour. So we probably won't get three shows like last year - maybe only one (Croker, perhaps).

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭NTC

Not official but looks like July 12th in the RDS.

Thats a Sunday night, so maybe a Saturday night and Friday? But he is in Denmark on the 8th (also not official).

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭The Swordsman

NTC wrote: »
    Not official but looks like July 12th in the RDS.

Thats a Sunday night, so maybe a Saturday night and Friday? But he is in Denmark on the 8th (also not official).

Still not official, but 11,13 and 14 July are now been touted.

• Advertisement

just reading that on the Lake also. but maybe some official news today.

I hope its not the 13/14. That wouild mean 2 days off work to spend in dublin! Maybe I head overseas to see him this year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

He has been confirmed for Pinkpop with the E Street Band. http://www.pinkpop.nl/page.php?pagID=419

Also found this
    Bruce Springsteen is set to play a slew of European stadium dates this summer.

Full details of the live dates are yet to be announced, but
    Billboard reports that the singer will play gigs in Tampere, Finland (June 2), Stockholm (4, 5), Bergen (9, 10) and Herning (8).

Springsteen releases a new album, 'Working On A Dream', on Monday (January 26). It is strongly rumoured that he will play at the Glastonbury festival for the first time in June

For Chinafoot!

http://www.rollingstone.com/photos/gallery/17031000

Vintage Boss pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Great news about the tour, not sure if you have seen this site

www.pointblankmag.com/conciertos/

Oh so many rumours, i want to surprise the other half for valentines, ha doesnt look like anything will be confirmed by then... :(:(:(. If anybody hears any more info please post it up guys, thanx in advance!

Dates confirmed in Europe. Tickets on sale from Monday. Ireland (among others) not announced yet.....

http://backstreets.com/tour.html

Date Venue City On Sale
    May 30 Pinkpop Festival Landgraaf, NED 3/7
    June 2 Ratinan Stadion Tampere, FIN 1/26
    9 a.m.
    June 4 Stockholm Stadion Stockholm, SWE 1/26,
    10 a.m.
    June 5 Stockholm Stadion Stockholm, SWE 1/26
    10 a.m.
    June 9 Bergenhus Festning - Koengen Bergen, NOR 1/26,
    9a.m.
    June 10 Bergenhus Festning - Koengen Bergen, NOR 1/26,
    9 a.m.
    July 2 Olympiastadion Munich, GER check here
    July 3 Commerzbank-Arena Frankfurt, GER check here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Thanks Nipplenuts!

And to add to those dates...

July 5 Ernst Happel Stadion Vienna, AUS 1/26
    July 8 MHC Messecenter Herning, DEN 1/26,
    10 a.m.
    July 19 Stadio Olimpico Roma, ITA TBA
    July 21 Stadio Olimpico Torino, ITA TBA
    July 23 Stadio Friuli Udine, ITA TBA
    July 31 Estadio Municipal de Foietes Benidorm, SPA TBA

Bruce in August would be brilliant :) Keep an eye folks.

Edit: just copped the big gap in May....May would be great too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Just scored a ticket for the Munich gig,although another 3 night stand in Dublin would be class :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Stockholm in June. Fantastic. I can catch those shows (if I can figure out how to buy tickets from the website in Swedish), then hopefully another two in Dublin in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,164 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

It appears as if its stadiums...would Croke Park be in with a shout?

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »

He played stadiums on the Magic tour (Emirates, Old Trafford, San Siro, Nou Camp etc.) and played the RDS here, so I'd say it'll probably the RDS again.

That said, I would love a Croke Park gig (or two...or three...). Not being a big Boyzone or Westlife fan, I haven't seen a gig there yet.

Mushy wrote: »

Possibly Punchestown?

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Rumours of a headline slot at Glasto this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,164 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Possibly Punchestown?

Isn't Punchestown associated with the promoters? Aiken normally have Bruce don't they? Although that may also put a hole in me saying Croke Park at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭floyd333

Just announced for the 11th of July at the RDS. Tickets on sale next Friday..

Floyd333 thank you so much :D:D:D. Are tickets on sale at ticketmaster for it does anybody know? If so what time they start selling at?

Me to you wrote: »
    Are tickets on sale at ticketmaster for it does anybody know? If so what time they start selling at?

They are usually on ticketmaster, but nothing on the site yet. They are on sale next Friday at 0900.

Can't wait.

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN
    & THE E STREET BAND
    'Working on a Dream Tour'
    Live at the RDS Arena - Saturday 11th July 2009
    Tickets on sale Next Friday 30th Jan 2009

Following the huge Sell out of his 3 shows last summer at the RDS Arena, Bruce Springsteen will be back to play the RDS this Summer on 11th July 2009

Tickets will be €86.25 standing and €96.25 seated go on sale next Friday 30th January at 9am from all usual Ticketmaster outlets nationwide

Oh the excitment, i really hope they are on ticketmaster, im in spain visiting my parents and i will be in the air at 9am next friday... :(. Fingers crossed for me!

• Advertisement

€96 for a seated ticket! That is extortionate. Has Bruce not heard of all this recession stuff!?

Advertisement