Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dominance of Dublin GAA *Mod warning post#1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,223 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The unfair advantages that Kerry have had for over a century have been listed here many many times, so best that we start with splitting them given the long history of their unfair advantage. After a decade, we can review, and if it has worked, we can split other counties, including Dublin.

People have rightly had a problem with Kerry's unfair advantages for decades, I remember talk of it in 1980 when it took three games to win an All-Ireland (which completely devalued and put an asterix against their five-in-a-row). The other point is that Kerry have had so much success over so many decades that Kerry people almost take it for granted, so they won't begrudge being split and letting others have access to the level playing field.

Definitely the way to go and a much better future for Gaelic Football.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Billy_the_Kid
    Master

The dominance of the great Dublin 6 in a row team is truly remarkable. The greatest county team of all time. Players like Cluxton, Kilkenny, McCarthy, Cian O'Sullivan, Fenton, Mick Fitz...right up their with the other all time greats Purcell, Jack O'Shea, Canavan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭dunnerc

You have provided a load of lies , And once again we go around in circles "jesus wept "splitting Dublin would only help a handful of Counties , your own Kerry benefiting the most , if Dublin were to be split , Kerry would have to be split and possibly a few other Counties also to level the playing field for all Counties.

And again we go around in circles, Dublin are not uniquely advantaged , Kerry Cork Galway Mayo Down etc are advantaged over Leitrim Longford Carlow etc , Kerry alone are uniquely advantaged coming out of a hurling province barely tested winning a rediculous 84 Munsters and because of such a handy run in Munster for over a century are uniquely advantaged going into the All Ireland proper ,if they won fairly there would be no problem, alas this is not the case , so it is with a sad heart i have to say a Kerry split has to happen

As above winning fairly isn't an issue, it's just when 84 Munsters titles and 38 All Irelands have come off a platform of unfair advantages that we have a problem, this is the case with Kerry, so Kerry should be split if Dublin is split and possibly a few other Counties also , it's clear to everyone your not interested in a level playing field and just want Dublin split to keep Kerry on top , this thread is a farce its pure and utter nonsense and should be closed.

Post edited by dunnerc on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭NJSC1980

The only reason you and you alone (no other posters agreeing with you) are flogging this dead horse is because of Dublin’s recent success.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭gaffer91

Not at all- Kerry don't have any unfair advantages- the unique combination, nature, scale and duration of advantages in terms of population, funding and home pitch advantage is exclusive to Dublin. As I've said before, winning per se is not a problem. Just winning unfairly is. Equally not winning, but competing off an unfair platform, like Dublin did pre-2011 is also a problem- Dublin should always have been split on population grounds, long before the overfunding started (as the GAA previously proposed). Btw Kerry never won five-in-a-row. The provincials should be scrapped but this would be a secondary measure after a Dublin split, which would be far more beneficial to the GAA. Provincials have been less relevant since the back door of 2001, and much less so since the Super-8s and other formats since 2018. But the negative impact from the population, funding and home pitch advantage that Dublin enjoy has become far more pronounced over the same period.

Outstanding players for sure, Cluxton in particular. But it's easy with a population of the size Dublin has to have players of this talent to begin with, easy then with the money that they alone were favoured for to develop them to their full potential. So when you think about it, is is not that remarkable, just a reflection of the advantages that Dublin alone enjoy.

Not at all- as I've said before, if Dublin won fairly I wouldn't mind (on the contrary, I'd be the first man to congratulate them). But this hasn't been the case. Equally, if Dublin don't win, they should still be split, as they would continue to be unfairly advantaged vs everyone else.

Winning unfairly in 1980 by only having three matches to win an All-Ireland is probably the most unfair All-Ireland of all time. That you don't accept that is a sign of your complete one-eyed bias. No other team has had the All-Ireland rigged in their favour for so long than Kerry.

• Advertisement

Yea at all , Kerry have had unique advantages for over a century, yes winning is not a problem but winning unfairly is , Kerry should have been split long ago with the advantages that they had coming out of Munster for over a Century, Btw we all know Kerry never won 5 in a row , they fell short , but there advantages led them to dominate Munster for over a century winning 84 Munster titles and leading to handy All Ireland titles, Kerry's advantages are far more pronounced than Dublin , spanning over 100 years.

Kerry had outstanding players for sure , Mikey sheehy in particular, but it's easy from a hurling province to have players of this talent to begin with, easy then with more funding for football alone , with a handy run through Munster to gain an advantage over practically every other County, so when you think about it , it's not that remarkable just a reflection of the advantages of winning 84 Munster titles, 38 All Ireland Titles .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭mobby

Methinks gaffer91 is in a panic as he sees kerrys questionable 38 titles, will be overtaken by the Dubs in the next few years 😁

I say its more he has been leading us all along, and does not belevie is half the stuff he writes himself. But been a cute kerry man he loves to just annoy the Dubs.

So I am OUT as they say.

As I have said before, if Kerry won fairly I wouldn't mind, on the contrary I'd be the first man to congratulate them , but this hasn't been the case , equally if Kerry don't win , they should still be split , as they continue to be unfairly advantaged v everyone else

Fixed that for you again.

And let him spout his anti Dublin nonsense unchallenged , ah no sure tis great crack so it is 🙄😏

Not a chance- the most unfair ones are Dublin's recent ones coming off as they have off the uniquely unfairly advantaged platform of population advantage, overfunding vs everyone else and home pitch advantage. I don't know the details of 1980, it was a long time ago- did teams pull out leaving walkovers or what were the circumstances? The provincials to semi-final of the All-Ireland model doesn't exist anymore so it won't happen again. The population, funding and home pitch advantages are far more important and far more salient. So the All-Ireland is actively rigged in favour of Dublin at present. However, if they are split, things get a lot fairer, very quickly.

This is just a friendly discussion, nobody here is in a position to actually influence the GAA as far as I know. But as I said before, if Dublin won fairly I'm commend them. But unfortunately this has not been the case, hence why I'd like them to be split to help the GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Help Kerry you mean .

Indeed it is just a friendly discussion , as i also said before if Kerry won fairly i'd commend them , but unfortunately this has not been the case ,and this is why i'd like them split to help Munster and the GAA.

No wrong again KERRY have been uniquely unfairly advantaged playing out of Munster for over a Century . If you don't know the details look it up .

• Advertisement

Have to agree here, it seems that there is only one poster denying the fact that Kerry have had unfair advantages over all the Ulster and Leinster counties for over a century.

Well unfortunately we can't help out the rest of the Munster Counties in that shambles of a Munster competition with the 84 handy and uniquely advantaged titles , thankfully Dublin has been able to stop them winning handy and uniquely advantaged All Ireland titles and hopefully we can continue to do so going forward .😁

It does seem that Dublin are the only team capable of standing up to the unfair advantages granted to the Kerry Juggernaut for over a century in a sustained way.

As I said already, split Kerry for a decade, see how it goes, and then make a decision on further splits/amalgamations.

Agreed seems the only way alright , hopefully its not to late to rectify the damage that the unfair advantages Kerry have benefited from and when they are split a level playing field will be achieved over time ,

Post edited by dunnerc on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭munster87

Clearly Monaghan have too many advantages

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭munster87

Again, the provincials to semi-final route has not existed for 24 years. And still wasn't a patch on Dublin's advantages in population, funding, playing at home etc.

• Advertisement

You previously said we should consider splits of Dublin and Kerry along with others; you're presumably trying to be funny here but only one county is uniquely unfairly advantaged over all others, Dublin, therefore Dublin alone should be split.

Advertisement