Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What games have you been playing lately?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 figleaf25

Divinity Original Sin 2

Its crazy hard at the start and the story takes awhile to get going but its one of the most satisfying experiences you can have on a PC if you manage to get yourself to the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Yep I'm really enjoying it so far. My last post on here in June mentioned how I was in Act 2 and I'm still on Act 2 even though playing it a couple of times a week. It's quite a hefty game! We're pretty much wrecking everything in every battle so looking forward to the difficulty scaling up in the next acts. I'm running a Summoner/Archer build which is very effective but I've read summons don't scale too well in later Acts so might re-spec fully into Ranged/Huntsman when they lose their effectiveness.

Has anyone given Humankind a go yet? I keep hovering over it on Steam and reading the reviews but haven't given in to temptation. It seems there's a good few bugs so may wait a while before considering purchasing.

Finished Dark Souls Remastered recently but copped on I missed the DLC so playing through NG+ to get to the DLC. I have also started playing both Hollow Knight and Dragon Age: Origins which are both excellent so doing a lot of juggling between games recently!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Arma 3 again but this time playing Vindicta its like a Taliban simulator, its a very good mission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Humankind is on the Xbox for PC app so could sub for a month and try it. I downloaded it but I havent tried it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I gave 12 minutes a quick go at the weekend, not for me I think after 2 runs. But I hate repetition so that's probably not suprising :), still Gamepass giveth so I tryeth.

Spent about a week on Terminator Resistance and it was surprisingly fun. Janky and archaic looking but they do a decent enough job on the story and the core gameplay is good though never great. I'll give games like this a lot of leeway for knowing what they are but doing it well, in this case a simple 2010 like FPS that masters just being 'good'. Worth a go when 20 or less.

Just started Necromunda Hired Gun (I'm in an FPS mood lately). While more polished than Terminator Resistance it falls into that same bucket for me, it know's is a B-movie game and doesn't pretend to be anything other than a silly gorefest. Movement is superb and the options and implementation there are some of the best I've seen in many years but the level design (in tactical terms not aesthetics) and AI don't really match that freedom. Still again good silly fun so far with the only real gripe being the super heavy geordie accent on the female lead, it drives me nuts every time she talks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I went ahead and took the plunge on Hardspace: Shipbreakers

It didn't even occur to me at the time this was made by Blackbird Interactive - of Homeworld Acclaim. Nor did it click that Shipbreakers was the working title of Deserts of Kharak (before they secured the Homeworld IP rights). However, the devs are clear this is not Homeworld - it takes place in the sol system, Arizona is it's own nation according to your employment agreement, etc. and the devs plan to expand the Hardspace universe - I'd assume with other space jobs, like a freighter captain, or down the road combat - because, can we talk about this explosion? This was a bug encountered by a user - ships are not supposed to explode when they load in. But LOOK AT THIS EXPLOSION. This is realtime, fully destructible ships.

This game has a lot of potential. Still in Early Access, I haven't encountered too many bugs, but the story arc is still being fleshed out and I think there are still some planned features. The devs have warned save progress is to be reset soon (and might again before 1.0) but I'm alright with that. There's enough content as it is to be enjoyable - I've already played about 20 hours of it, and I haven't gotten very far up the certifications/levels to unlock bigger ships etc. the plan is for 40+ hours story and lore content at launch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Oh **** it. Now I’m a Star Citizen.

the choice of starter ship apparently didn’t matter too much (aurora, Bc bunk and box storage and ability to ferry players) because everyone I’ve met has been really nice. Wanna gun a turret? Want a tour? Wanna fly my corvette? Uhm yeah okay! One guy gave me his Pisces for a whole session, there’s no penalty right now to pull ships and let other players use them or wreck them so why not. Fun world event happening now too where everyone in the instance (currently 50 players max) all have to take down the new capital ships they’ll be adding to the game when they up the player cap to accommodate the sheer size of these ships, like the Javelin Destroyer, which can fit dozens of players.

my buddy meanwhile caught the itch. He backed in 2014 with a mustang. He bought a $100 cutlass and is looking at a HOTASS :D

ICYWW the game is - for an alpha, incredibly playable, the latest update added the last planet to the first system, you can fly throughout the gas giant now and there’s a bespin-like cloud city. the elevators are buggy as hell, you will have to reload the game a good amount, but dammit we are having a blast.

last night during the event our IFF bugged and I was gunning for a pug, I blew up the other player ship, both ships apparently went IFF red for some reason but we got a crime stat. To clear it, we had to fly to grim hex station, a place where you can hack thhe criminal database to wipe your slate clean. Oh, but me and my new pug had to kill everyone we met in there. He handed me a crypto key to clear my name but it fell through the floor. After he cleared his name, another player murdered him (and probably got his own crimestat) I killed them, but then someone else killed me. So I ended up in a prison colony. To get out I had to either wait 4 hours or toil in the mines (I toiled in the mines) there’s a way to break out of prison involving lots of parkour but unfortunately the route was bugged so I became a gem miner. I earned my chicken flavor nutrient bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,682 ✭✭✭Glebee

Octopath Traveler, lovely little game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,283 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Instead of tackling the backlog, I randomly started to replay Prince of Persia Warrior Within. Nearly finished but won't get back to it until the new year.

• Advertisement

Was very hopeful for Inscryption as I absolutely love all the other games by the developer but I just find the card game mechanic a bore. Disappointing for such a highly rated game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Playing Hell Let Loose pretty much exclusively these days, the odd bit of Bf2042 here and there with my brother as he enjoys it but meh its not great.

Once my Fanatec DD PRO arrives most of my gaming time will be on racing sims Automobilista 2, ACC and Dirt Rally2.

Assassins Creed:Origins. About 40hours into this at the moment. Nearly complete I think. Swore that I would race through and just complete the main missions but could not resist all those ! marks on the maps for the side missions. Im getting to the board stage with it now though that always kicks in with AC games. Decent game in fairness. Will need a long break though before I go back to an AC game. Have played a good bit of Odyssey and a small bit of Valhalla so might go back to Valhalla at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Empyrion: Galactic Survival

I'm a sucker for a space game

Still very janky but they have consistently updated the game(it's in early access) so plenty to do.

They probably need to do a few months of bug fixes rather than content but I've enjoyed jumping back in recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

Anyone tried Ready or Not ?

Downloaded from steam earlier as I'm a big fan of Rainbow 6, SWAT 4 etc. and have been keeping an eye on it for a while.

Fired it up to see how it would run on my dinosaur of a machine (i5-2500k/8 gb/1060 3Gb) and its running suprisingly well.

Running far better than Zero Hour that I tried a few weeks ago.

Looking forward to giving it a spin tomorrow.

Anyone else tried it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

The new consoles are more powerful than your PC.

• Advertisement

Thanks for pointing out the obvious

I asked if anyone has tried Ready or not

I already stated in my post that my PC was very outdated

I fail to see the relevance of your post

And yes the full stop key on my keyboard no longer works

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I have Ready Or Not, leave it for a while it needs some work. Guts of a good game there tho.

Playing Everspace 2 atm (its on gamepass) I had it wishlisted on Steam but for €40 or 50 I thought it was expensive, its not. Its a really good game with depth and each time you think you are better at the game, they throw more and bigger ships at you.

You then have to upgrade your ship to match,you will need to have all types of weaponry at the same time, so loadout managing is fairly easy, its just when enemies with different types attack you at the same time, it can be chaotic switching between weapons for each target.

The puzzles are pretty good in it, very enjoyable when you solve one. The puzzles in the 1st area are really easy but they are just to show you the method, once you get into the new areas althought the method is the same, the layout can be a bit complex.

If anyone is goin to get it, the 1st area is the tutorial of sorts, as in the entire part of Ceto with all planets and POIs are the tutorial. It opens up after that and you can go back any time but AI levels with you so if you are level 6 getting your ass kicked by a level 7 elite. If you go back at level 10, he will be a level 11 elite :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭steve_r

Playing Mafia 1 - definitive edition, and really enjoying it. It's been rebuilt from the ground up and its really enjoyable to play. Plus I got past the race level this time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭brady12

i actually came onto this thread to ask same thing😂 i was going buy black one blood brothers but something mentioned to me about ready or not so tempted get that now . watching streams on steam at mo

That race level drove me demented (excuse the pun). Great game though.

Its pricey for what you get at the moment but I assume the content will grow. Solo is ok but get online and its quite fun especially if you get a few people with mics who don't spray and pray.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Got bored of Starsector, and started a Project Zomboid run with the new patch. Fantastic game, and really pulls you in.

Next up in Halo 2, while working through the MCC up to Infinite.

You will be Halo'd out playing them all back to back. I am up to Halo 3 ODST and I have taking a break the past few days. They are good games but playing them all back to back is not good.

Yeah, i've been trying to split them up, and finished Halo a few weeks back. Would happily play through back to back in co-op, but not so much on my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭cheezums

run out of games now. new world and BF2042 both very disappointing.

Waiting on Elden Ring and maybe Total War WH3 in Feb.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider.- Never played this when it was released and ive never seen it on sale so when it was free a few weeks ago on Epic it gave me a chance to complete the trilogy. Decent enough tomb raider game to wile away a few hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Thinking of picking up Expeditions: Rome but not sure I have enough time to give it justice at the moment.

Anyone here play control. Started it this evening. Seems ok so far. You wouldn't want to be psychotic in anyway if you were to play it. You may start believing the things they say in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,283 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Only 1 of 2 games I've platinumed on Playstation. Really liked it.

Started Half Life Alyx. Playing using Quest 2 and all going okay so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Anakonda228

Hope you are all enjoying these games! Two games I suggest, if you haven't played them yet, are The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Age of Empires 2!

started witcher 3 for the first time. i'm finding it boring i have to say. loads of cutscenes, bad movement, bad boring combat, very little customization. the world is split up into 5 smaller areas. disappointing.

• Advertisement

Give it a chance. I remember I had to start it twice or three times before it finally clicked and then I could not get enough.

Fully sucked into Project Zomboid now. Had a few short runs, always ending in disaster, but have a good solid character now with some weapons and a decent car. Working on getting my Mechanics skill up so i can actually repair the car when needed, and need to fortify me defences a fair bit.

Superb little game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I must see if I can run this on my laptop. Have been watching it from afar for ages.

Things got a little hectic 😂

Things did not end well for me.

Took a run into town to get some skill books of all things, weapon broke, left hand bitten, decided to bleach myself to death in my safehouse. So long survivor!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭brady12

bought myself valheim and gifted it to the nephew.two us addicted to it tonight was our third night playing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

Tarkov Tarkov Tarkov ;)

Mortal Online 2. serious server issues which hopefully they will sort out next week. Par for the course for mmorpg launches really.

But the game itself is amazing. best MMORPG i've ever played. It's like a mix of Ultima Online and Skyrim, with a bit of EVE online thrown in.

The full PvP looting puts me off it a bit tbh. Just opens you up for constant griefing.

• Advertisement

Picked up Horizon Zero Dawn on PC. Christ it's good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,642 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Finished Doom Eternal a few weeks ago and am just about done with the Outer Wilds DLC. Have been playing Cities Skylines a little when I wanted to just relax.

Haven't decided what to play next. Possibly Prey is next on my list.

Prey.

That is a great game you won't be disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'm approaching the end of Guardians of the Galaxy, which has been really enjoyable, quite long too, although that could also be due to the fact that I'm also spreading myself around Tarkov, Hunt Showdown and Pubg, which are all excellent at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Homelander

I haven't played anything new in a really long time.

Fallout 76, Overwatch, Apex Legends, Enlisted still taking up most of my time.

Pretty incredible when OW cost me about €15 4+ years ago, Fallout is on Game Pass and the other two are both Free2Play. Have spent money on Apex in the past though, same for Enlisted.

I know everyone's all about Hell Let Loose but I genuinely prefer Enlisted. Feels like a mix between Battlefield and Call of Duty 2.

Total War Warhammer 3 has just released this morning. Probably my favourite series at the moment so will be playing this for years to come. Very pleased.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I love warhammer universe and a specially 40k. So Totalwar Warhammer series were always something I wanted to play got both games ages ago, got docs over several sales, but every time I tried to play it, I was overwhelmed and quit. About a month ago I decided to put my big boy pants and learn to play the damn thing! Put about 50h, tried and failed with different races, until I tried Empire ( a few times... ) and finally got to 200ish turns, became number 1 power and learn how to play ( badly, but I at least I can survive past first 20 turns lol )

Needless to say I preordered WH3 on steam ( even if I could just play it on game pass ) and had yesterday and today off. Watched a ton of YouTube of WH3 campaign videos.

I out 8h in yesterday and would have been more if misses did not wanted to have a few drinks hehe.

Did prologue due to story reasons and started playing as Ogres. I absolutely love them so far and their playstyle is unique, but not too complicated, so I am doing not bad so far. Plus it's a first faction I play aggressively in battles, instead of hugging a map corner hehe.

Yep it is overwhelming as **** to start off with. I've been playing TWW2 for years now and have hundreds of hours in so pretty comfortable with it but I know how you feel. Having played a bit of 3, I think there's some bugs that need to be fixed and maybe another look at how the campaign works but I'm really really looking forward to the massive map they'll release later this year, that'll be where all my hours go. And some (all?) of the best TWW2 content was DLC so looking forward to what they come up with here. All going well there'll be years of content.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Never played the series years ago so decided to give it a go. 1 and 2 are rough because the gameplay is so dated but I will say there's very few gemes that I've really got into the story but it does drag you in in mass effect.

Thankfully 3 still holds its own compared to modern cover shooters so is much better to play.

Gonna download Lost Ark and give it bash after I've finished Mass Effect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Hehe, I got only 75h ish on WH2 and most of it is put in in the last month or two hehe. So I am still very "Green" at it.

I managed put 16h over two days I had off ( don't judge! ) and got to turn 80 with Ogres and I really like them. Ironically I though, they will be my last choice. I went with Skrag though, I liked his map position more then main Ogre Lord.

I most likely will lose this campaign anyway, as I still sick at the game and I am learning their mechanics, but I will want to try with them again properly. As at the moment, pretty much everyone hates me and I am rank 2 in strength. The silver lining is that rank 1 Kislev is still a bit far from me hehe.

Can't wait for my next day off, so I can sink my teeth in to it again.

I've gotten about 10 hours into TWW3 now (thanks kids) and I think they need to tidy up a few things. This is nitpicking and overall I'm really liking it.

The Great Bastion takes attrition like every other settlement, this makes zero sense as it can't be encircled. It should not take attrition. This means you need an army nearby at all times basically which is annoying.

You should not ever build the walls in a T3 settlement because you'll come under siege and just get starved out because of the way attrition works now, from turn 1 of being under siege. Without the walls they'll just attack. Don't build the walls.

There are some really **** bugs such as supply lines being applied for every Lord you've ever recruited, active or not, that are really really detrimental. I hope they fix them ASAP.

Minor settlement sieges are great and a huge improvement on game 2. I'm not mad on the defences just rebuilding themselves though and there's some weird allocation of towers to capture points, e.g. in Praag it really stands out. There's no point in building towers almost there.

The campaign mechanics suck. The rifts, the Chaos realms, they just suck imo. Spending 5 or 6 turns in a Chaos realm just to get booted out for no progress is pretty much just hostile to the player. I'm going to mod my game so the rifts stop vomiting out armies.

But I'll be putting a hell of a lot of hours into this. Playing Cathay now and between Kislev and Ogres next.

• Advertisement
Advertisement