Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

What games have you been playing lately?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Playing Hell Let Loose pretty much exclusively these days, the odd bit of Bf2042 here and there with my brother as he enjoys it but meh its not great.

Once my Fanatec DD PRO arrives most of my gaming time will be on racing sims Automobilista 2, ACC and Dirt Rally2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,549 ✭✭✭Glebee

Assassins Creed:Origins. About 40hours into this at the moment. Nearly complete I think. Swore that I would race through and just complete the main missions but could not resist all those ! marks on the maps for the side missions. Im getting to the board stage with it now though that always kicks in with AC games. Decent game in fairness. Will need a long break though before I go back to an AC game. Have played a good bit of Odyssey and a small bit of Valhalla so might go back to Valhalla at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Empyrion: Galactic Survival

I'm a sucker for a space game

Still very janky but they have consistently updated the game(it's in early access) so plenty to do.

They probably need to do a few months of bug fixes rather than content but I've enjoyed jumping back in recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭Heckler

Anyone tried Ready or Not ?

Downloaded from steam earlier as I'm a big fan of Rainbow 6, SWAT 4 etc. and have been keeping an eye on it for a while.

Fired it up to see how it would run on my dinosaur of a machine (i5-2500k/8 gb/1060 3Gb) and its running suprisingly well.

Running far better than Zero Hour that I tried a few weeks ago.

Looking forward to giving it a spin tomorrow.

Anyone else tried it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

The new consoles are more powerful than your PC.

• Advertisement

Thanks for pointing out the obvious

I asked if anyone has tried Ready or not

I already stated in my post that my PC was very outdated

I fail to see the relevance of your post

And yes the full stop key on my keyboard no longer works

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I have Ready Or Not, leave it for a while it needs some work. Guts of a good game there tho.

Playing Everspace 2 atm (its on gamepass) I had it wishlisted on Steam but for €40 or 50 I thought it was expensive, its not. Its a really good game with depth and each time you think you are better at the game, they throw more and bigger ships at you.

You then have to upgrade your ship to match,you will need to have all types of weaponry at the same time, so loadout managing is fairly easy, its just when enemies with different types attack you at the same time, it can be chaotic switching between weapons for each target.

The puzzles are pretty good in it, very enjoyable when you solve one. The puzzles in the 1st area are really easy but they are just to show you the method, once you get into the new areas althought the method is the same, the layout can be a bit complex.

If anyone is goin to get it, the 1st area is the tutorial of sorts, as in the entire part of Ceto with all planets and POIs are the tutorial. It opens up after that and you can go back any time but AI levels with you so if you are level 6 getting your ass kicked by a level 7 elite. If you go back at level 10, he will be a level 11 elite :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭steve_r

Playing Mafia 1 - definitive edition, and really enjoying it. It's been rebuilt from the ground up and its really enjoyable to play. Plus I got past the race level this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭brady12

i actually came onto this thread to ask same thing😂 i was going buy black one blood brothers but something mentioned to me about ready or not so tempted get that now . watching streams on steam at mo

That race level drove me demented (excuse the pun). Great game though.

Its pricey for what you get at the moment but I assume the content will grow. Solo is ok but get online and its quite fun especially if you get a few people with mics who don't spray and pray.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Got bored of Starsector, and started a Project Zomboid run with the new patch. Fantastic game, and really pulls you in.

Next up in Halo 2, while working through the MCC up to Infinite.

You will be Halo'd out playing them all back to back. I am up to Halo 3 ODST and I have taking a break the past few days. They are good games but playing them all back to back is not good.

Yeah, i've been trying to split them up, and finished Halo a few weeks back. Would happily play through back to back in co-op, but not so much on my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭cheezums

run out of games now. new world and BF2042 both very disappointing.

Waiting on Elden Ring and maybe Total War WH3 in Feb.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider.- Never played this when it was released and ive never seen it on sale so when it was free a few weeks ago on Epic it gave me a chance to complete the trilogy. Decent enough tomb raider game to wile away a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Thinking of picking up Expeditions: Rome but not sure I have enough time to give it justice at the moment.

Anyone here play control. Started it this evening. Seems ok so far. You wouldn't want to be psychotic in anyway if you were to play it. You may start believing the things they say in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,713 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Only 1 of 2 games I've platinumed on Playstation. Really liked it.

Started Half Life Alyx. Playing using Quest 2 and all going okay so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Anakonda228

Hope you are all enjoying these games! Two games I suggest, if you haven't played them yet, are The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Age of Empires 2!

started witcher 3 for the first time. i'm finding it boring i have to say. loads of cutscenes, bad movement, bad boring combat, very little customization. the world is split up into 5 smaller areas. disappointing.

• Advertisement

Give it a chance. I remember I had to start it twice or three times before it finally clicked and then I could not get enough.

Fully sucked into Project Zomboid now. Had a few short runs, always ending in disaster, but have a good solid character now with some weapons and a decent car. Working on getting my Mechanics skill up so i can actually repair the car when needed, and need to fortify me defences a fair bit.

Superb little game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I must see if I can run this on my laptop. Have been watching it from afar for ages.

Things got a little hectic 😂

Things did not end well for me.

Took a run into town to get some skill books of all things, weapon broke, left hand bitten, decided to bleach myself to death in my safehouse. So long survivor!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭brady12

bought myself valheim and gifted it to the nephew.two us addicted to it tonight was our third night playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

Tarkov Tarkov Tarkov ;)

Mortal Online 2. serious server issues which hopefully they will sort out next week. Par for the course for mmorpg launches really.

But the game itself is amazing. best MMORPG i've ever played. It's like a mix of Ultima Online and Skyrim, with a bit of EVE online thrown in.

The full PvP looting puts me off it a bit tbh. Just opens you up for constant griefing.

• Advertisement

Picked up Horizon Zero Dawn on PC. Christ it's good.

Advertisement