Advertisement
Boards Golf Society are looking for new members for 2022...read about the society and their planned outings here!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

1312313314315316318»

Comments

• hi all

I replaced the head unit in my 2002 147 TS a while ago and was missing a little bit of Bass ( not Boy racer Bass) and while surfing the Web I came across this mini Pioneer unit ( TS-WX010A) that is ideally suited to what i needed.

Installation is straight forward and due to its slim size can easily sit in the passenger footwell. It runs of a standard 10amp fuse so no need to go through the bulk head to the battery. Its adjustable for gain and freq so after a careful bit of a adjusting i got the levels i wanted

It uses the constant 12v from the fuse box which rather than joining it into the head unit constant power I used one of the piggyback fuse leads .

So if you are looking for that bass its well worth the money .

all the Alfa best

brendan

• Sorry if off topic, can anyone please tell me what this part is? About 27cm in diameter, 1cm deep. Left behind in shed by previous owner (who ran a garage here)

• Open with Chrome.

Long press on the image above and select "search with Google Lens"

• I would be very surprised if two sets of discs warped. Did you check the run out on them? Is your back brakes working?

Did you clean the face of the hub fully before putting the disc on?

• Advertisement

• I know, me too, but….it’s pretty common on the web; many identical issues. Mating faces perfectly clean (wire brush adapter on drill) and rears are fine.

• Yeah its well known on the F10's and OEM discs are the way to go. I had the same issue when I replaced with Brembo discs and ended swapping for OEM 12 months later.

• I got my spot back in my old garage last week, I've just started taking my Prelude apart to fix some rust and WaxOyl it all before it gets too late.

It's actually not too bad at all for a 90's Jap car that spent it's first few years on the Atlantic coast.

After all that work is done I've a heap of new bits to go into in over the winter. A new clutch, some Type -r seats, a full intake manifold and throttle body from an Accord Type r and a Hondata ECU.

Here are some of the bad bits!

I've bought a welder and I just need to learn how to use it. I'm gonna practise on loads of scrap bits first.

Advertisement