Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

• 29-06-2021 1:54pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Part I
    Part II
    Part III
    Part IV
    Part V
    Part VI
    Part VII
    Part VIII
    Part IX
    Part X
    Part XI

All warnings and threadbans carry over. Please PM the mod issuing a threadban if you wish to discuss options for being allowed to post again

Mod warnings
    Beasty wrote: »
    It looks like tensions in this thread have been rising

Some general warnings to all:

Remain civil. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Just because it's the polar opposite of your own does not invalidate it. Anyone who is uncivil towards other users can expect a minimum of a threadban.

Keep to the topic

Do not present "opinion" as "fact"

Do not believe all stats that are spouted. Usually figures presented in any official way are not only checked for inaccuracies, but will also have caveats and/or explanations of what was done to derive any conclusions reached. Stats though are not "facts" beyond the sample they represent. They can be used to draw conclusions over wider populations, but those conclusions are always subject to a margin of error

If you throw up an example please explain what point you are making. For example "Look at Sweden" means nothing unless you say what you are looking at in connection with Sweden. Is it restrictions, is it deaths, is it infections?

Hinting or implying that other users are re-regs is against the charter. It is strongly advised that you report posts and let the mods deal with it.

Threadbans will follow if people cannot follow this simple instruction.

Beasty wrote: »
    Another reminder - this thread is about restrictions and their relaxation

General Covid discussion belongs in the current Covid thread (#XVII)

Political discussion belongs in Current Affairs or Politics
    Necro wrote: »
    Mod:

Mod actions can be discussed via PM if you like.

On thread is not permitted.

Keep it civil and on topic and you can discuss the restrictions or your opposition to them as much as you like

Stop bringing the cervical cancer discussion into this thread, if you want to discuss it, start a thread on it elsewhere on the site.

Necro wrote: »
    Mod:

I'm not going to post another warning on this - stop bringing up the cervical cancer issues in this thread.

It's in the OP not to discuss the issue, if you want to discuss it, go to another forum and start a thread on it, it is not Covid related.

Threadbans will follow if people cannot follow this instruction

Discussion of vaccination and vaccination certs in the context of restrictions is on topic. Discussions of the efficacy of vaccines and impact on different cohorts in the community belongs in the vaccine megathread thread, not here

09/12/21
    We get the fact some of you bare dissatisfied with the performance of the Chief Medical Officer, NEPHT, members of the Government and indeed some of the experts you may pay attention to on TV, radio or indeed the print media

We also get the fact that some of you like to let off steam in this and indeed other threads in the forum

However repeatedly stating your dislike/hatred of such people and abusing them here is not only irritating to posters who like to interact in a civil manner, but it's also highly offensive to the individuals in question. Can posters just refrain from resorting to such commentary as it not going to achieve anything beyond winding up (ie trolling) other users and attracting mod attention

Threadbans:
    housemouse
    Cupatae
    CtevenSrowder
    Unelected CMO
    Risteard81
    trapp
    RugbyLad11
    Jimmy Garlic
    Jinglejangle69
    easypazz
    snowcat
    ziggyman17
    ShineOn7
    JoeExotic81
    The_Dazzler - lifted 16/03/21
    lawrencesummers
    LiquidZeb
    gral6
    John O.Groats
    Plumbthedepths
    nofools
    MelbourneMan
    road_high
    Banana Republic 1
    manniot2
    Caraibh
    BryanMartin21
    MadYaker
    Coybig_
    Paddygreen
    Rrrrrr2
    drunkmonkey
    sweetmaggie
    HBC08
    patnor1011
    rusty cole
    zerosugarbuzz
    bettyoleary
    TheCitizen
    Ginger n Lemon
    risteard7
    sabat
    GazzaL
    Mr. Karate
    Kunta Kinte
    Cork2021
    RonaVirus
    BigAndy21
    Donald Trump
    ypre5 - lifted 2/3/21, reapplied 30/4/21
    jacdaniel2014
    MEGA BRO WOLF 5000
    2ndcoming
    Lundstram
    eskimohunt - lifted 4/3/21
    Kermit.de.frog
    Hector Savage - lifted 25/8/21
    BlaktainPicard
    LameBeaver
    rovers_runner
    DerekC16
    TonyMaloney
    LameBeaver
    raind - lifted 28/4/21
    Idbatterim
    PowerToWait
    TomSweeney - lifted 5/5/21
    dalyboy
    Berties_Horse
    Swaine
    FintanMcluskey - lifted 20/5/22
    Samsonsmasher
    Boggerman12
    TomsOnTheRoof - lifted 30/6/21
    xhomelezz
    NIAC Fanboy
    Hooter23
    NoLuckLarry
    paddyisreal
    Silentcorner
    zackory
    Boggles
    francogarbanzo - ;lifted 15/11/21
    TomSweeney
    hynesie08
    jakiah
    Saviola1978?
    taxiperson
    CountryGentleman
    The_Dazzler
    Barrita
    CQD
    Fandymo
    DLink
    Post edited by Ten of Swords on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

NPHET are a shower of gowls and our government are worse for listening to them.

(Nothing new I just wanted to be first :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    No indoor hospitality this summer

Then we can't have indoor hospitality as it will threaten the opening of schools no doubt

Mad that we are more restricted in 2021 than 2020 when we had no vaccinations

Yup, anyone who thinks we'll get indoor hospitality any time soon without some mass protesting/disobedience is a fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

It's sad that we are here on the new thread under even worse circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Just cancelled my 2 bookings for indoor dining for next few weeks - I expect restaurants will be getting a lot of those emails today :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I'm fully vaccinated so I suppose I'm in the clear, but this is one of the few times that I'm angry enough to take a hurl to this shower of tossers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,058 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Just so it's clear - won't open on the 19th either per MM but we'll have a "plan". WE'VE HAD MONTHS FOR A PLAN!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Listening to Liveline now and even they are airing contrary views to this delaying of indoor hospitality.

Of course the host is **** over the virus and defending NPHET...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Speaking this afternoon Mr Martin said when a sector of the economy reopens the Government wants to “make sure it stays open”.

This crap again

Keep indoor hospitality closed so it doesn't have an opportunity to remain open

Keep it shut so they won't have to shut it down again

Brilliant logic as usual from the government

Poor guy on Liveline now sounds so defeated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

I really hope there is a massive backlash to this, and not just online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

namloc1980 wrote: »

Just so it's clear - won't open on the 19th either per MM but we'll have a "plan". WE'VE HAD MONTHS FOR A PLAN!!

How the fúck is anyone still lapping this guff up at this point?

• Subscribers Posts: 40,953 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

putting this up for posterity

not a hope in hell will pubs or indoor dining be open before the august bank holiday weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

THE GOVERNMENT HAS said that from 5 July, there will be “no limit” on visiting numbers for fully vaccinated people or those who recently recovered from Covid-19

How is it possible to police that? What's to stop someone just saying I had covid recently.

My own scenario, 2 parents, Older brother and sister all vaccinated, me 32 not vaccinated and haven't had covid so I wouldn't be able to attend a house party with them for instance? But if i got the virus I would how does that make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Quags

Surely its time for mass protesting. People who are depending on the 5th for Mortgage Money, Money for family and whatever else have being let down again

How will this work for children who cannot be vaccinated?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭normanoffside

• Registered Users Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Dyr wrote: »
    I'm fully vaccinated so I suppose I'm in the clear, but this is one of the few times that I'm angry enough to take a hurl to this shower of tossers

So it looks like we should get the HSE vaccination card laminated...
    Is it now worth more than a twenty Euro note?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Responder XY

I'm very disappointed with the decision, but delighted to see that there is very little support for the Nphet/government position, finally we might be moving into a place where the population realises that we need to live with Covid. I hope it's not just that Boards is becoming an echo chamber.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    putting this up for posterity

not a hope in hell will pubs or indoor dining be open before the august bank holiday weekend

The rest of the year is in doubt to be honest. When August rolls around the need to "protect the schools" will be new mantra. NPHET even mentioned that in their letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭bloopy

No indoor dining without vaccine or proof of previous infection.
    Covid parties about to become all the rage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I hope that's the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭francogarbanzo

namloc1980 wrote: »
    The rest of the year is in doubt to be honest. When August rolls around the need to "protect the schools" will be new mantra. NPHET even mentioned that in their letter.

Maybe next year we'll be able to have a meaningful Easter?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

I'm very disappointed with the decision, but delighted to see that there is very little support for the Nphet/government position, finally we might be moving into a place where the population realises that we need to live with Covid. I hope it's not just that Boards is becoming an echo chamber.

I have bad news for you if you're using these restriction threads as a metric...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭MOR316

So does this mean gym goers can't use the gym unless they take a vaccine?

Maybe next year we'll be able to have a meaningful Easter?

By then the Theta variant will be causing concern and NPHET will be projecting half a billion cases by the middle of May 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

Is it possible the forgot to include the impact of vaccinations in their model output?

Hopefully someone is working on this now

NEPHET need to publish their model parameters

Jesus the man on liveline set up a kitchen in his pub so he could open last year and now he can’t bring people in!!! This is just criminal.

MOR316 wrote: »
    So does this mean gym goers can't use the gym unless they take a vaccine?

It means they can't use it at all until the 19th when we get to see the "plan". Other than that nobody knows wtf is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,236 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

So hang on, its now more beneficial to have had COVID than not.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭acequion

This is about control. This won't end. Egomaniacs like Holohan don't relinquish power and our Govt aren't fit for purpose with MM a joke of cartoon proportions. The level of tyranny and zealotry have been steadily growing since this time last year so it's really not remotely surprising that we are where we are and god only knows how much worse it will get before we ever see a shred of normality in this godforsaken country.

I'm just back from abroad. The difference in daily life between here and other countries is just incredible, it beggars belief. We have been brainwashed into hysteria, fear, over caution and as I said already, it won't end soon and it won't end easily. You really have to get out and come back to see it clearly. It's astounding and very frightening.

Advertisement