Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

Anyone else think Leo saw this coming from NPHET this evening hence him jumping the gun earlier today saying pubs and restaurants will be opening? Clever play if that was his motive...!

Well I guess you wouldn’t have to be Rasputin to predict our chief Arse coverer Dr Death and co would be recommending more of the same of this failed rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Now they are concerned about overcrowding at the shops from next week.

My god I am so shocked, what did they expect to happen when you kept all retail outlets shut since October?

Are they really this utterly delusional? - it they kept retail outlets open, then you wouldn't have huge crowds returning to the shops from next week.

Now everyone will be arriving at the stores at the same time. They are so foolish its laughable!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭facehugger99

RobitTV wrote: »
    The reality tv drama continues tonight, Holohan is now causing a scene with the government once again.

'Concerned' - 'very concerned' - 'extremely concerned'

Don't go to see your families, keep the pubs shut, hide away at home, dont kill granny, keep the windows open and make your grandparents sick, wear masks at the dinner table like good little people and please obey Lord Holohan or face the consequences.

George Lee is in full doom mode this evening on RTE, give me a bloody break...

Anyone who thinks Dr Death is 'only doing his job' needs to wake up.

He is a zealot using hysteria and a weak Government to push his agenda.

Not only has he presided over some absolute scandals, he is a threat to our democracy and if the Government had any balls at all, he'd be removed from his post immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Dr Feeley and George Hook...

Anyone who thinks Dr Death is 'only doing his job' needs to wake up.

He is a zealot using hysteria and a weak Government to push his agenda.

Not only has he presided over some absolute scandals, he is a threat to our democracy and if the Government had any balls at all, he'd be removed from his post immediately.

Absolutely- most dangerous individual since De Valera really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

My god I am so shocked, what did they expect to happen when you kept all retail outlets shut since October?

Are they really this utterly delusional? - it they kept retail outlets open, then you wouldn't have huge crowds returning to the shops from next week.

Now everyone will be arriving at the stores at the same time. They are so foolish its laughable!

People will only be allowed to buy essential Christmas presents. Socks and aftershave sets are not essential...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,651 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Reducing opening times and implementing one way systems, some shops even close other exits so everyone has to go in and out through the one are just the dumbest ideas ever. Never have I been stuck in a crowd of people so often in a shop as I have since one way systems became a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

yes weirdly I noticed that one way ststems in supermarkets causing bottlenecks as well even though I thought tgey would not... think maybe the reason is certain sections of products take longer to choose or if your normal brand is out of stock?
    Another thing not seeing special offers in local tesco anymore... do they think they have a captive market now. Got a friend to check another one and all they saw with yellow tags were chocolate/sweet non healthy stuff tins etc.

oh and because local dunnes had to move offie re new rules, the have now catfood and cleaning stuff/washing powder in middle aisles rather than at end of store not great placement with food aisles either side

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Archeron

Multipass wrote: »
    People will only be allowed to buy essential Christmas presents. Socks and aftershave sets are not essential...

I managed to buy a Darth Vader shower gel gift set in a store, hidden among the all the biscuits i was buying. Felt like a ninja as I walked out without setting off the non essential item alarm. Boo yeah.

Archeron wrote: »
    I managed to buy a Darth Vader shower gel gift set in a store, hidden among the all the biscuits i was buying. Felt like a ninja as I walked out without setting off the non essential item alarm. Boo yeah.

That is utterly reprehensible.

You are a downright disgusting and dangerous individual, putting lives at risk like that.

You enjoy your shower gel, don't worry about the rest of us who will suffer over this atrocity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

A question the moderators please

Why has this particular thread been allowed to denigrate into a conspiracy theory rathole. All objectivity is lost when you allowed one side to just shout down all conversation with unsubstantiated hyperbole like

"Dr Death"
    "Cowardly Politicians"
    "Just a Flu"

And so forth. All balance has been lost and the onus is on you to restore it.

Repectfully

Did you break your keyboard typing that nonsense?

Dr Death - good one. I ll keep that one in mind.

and PS - dont undersell Flu. it has caused many more deaths than you think

Watched RTE at 6.01 there. I can see why there is such an increase in mental health call services....

We started with announcing cases and miniscule deaths. George Lee came in with "the numbers are not there where they were aimed". Lunatic.

We continued to watch the newsgirl talk with Mike Ryan (who looks like he just came out of a pub), so she says "With vaccines becoming available do you see us going back to some normality?"

Response "vaccines will be in addition to current measures. We will need to continue to socially distance and vaccinate populations to really crush the curve". The presenter girl said "on that positive note we will leave it there, thank you". Unreal.

TV License for this tripe?

Oh and ofcourse, in between theres a Cork school that closed for 2 weeks as HSE didnt notify the principal of other positive cases in the school. they all add up.

Why has this particular thread been allowed to denigrate into a conspiracy theory rathole. All objectivity is lost when you allowed one side to just shout down all conversation with unsubstantiated hyperbole like

"Dr Death"
    "Cowardly Politicians"
    "Just a Flu"

Repectfully

Because unlike the usual zealots you likely listen to on loop people may actually have opinions that differ to you. I know that doesn’t fit with the Covid socio communism narrative but so long as I live and breath I’ll continue to oppose this crap and shout it from the rooftop

The person who despite such heavy criticism has avoided quite a lot of death by any objective measure is the most dangerous man?

You and your ilk need to take a look at yourselves and your thought processes.

Cancer screening called...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,516 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Rrrrrr2 wrote: »
    Absolutely- most dangerous individual since De Valera really

200w.gif

Said I'd stick my head into this thread for a look. Christ.

The person who despite such heavy criticism has avoided quite a lot of death by any objective measure is the most dangerous man?

You and your ilk need to take a look at yourselves and your thought processes.

“Ilk” I love it lol. “I don’t agree with you” do the insults and abuse start.
    As for “avoiding death” perhaps this is some kind of parody post after all?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

"Dr Death"
    "Cowardly Politicians"
    "Just a Flu"

Repectfully

Mod:

Mod actions can be discussed via PM if you like.

On thread is not permitted.

I will note what I said in the other thread this evening though:

Calling people names such as Dr. Death or Saint Tony etc. only weaken your argument, it's the lowest form of wit.

Keep it civil and on topic and you can discuss the restrictions or your opposition to them as much as you like

Socio communism is the type of paranoia I am referring to. Get a grip!

Government deciding where you can travel to, what jobs are “essential”, what you can buy in certain shops sure looks like communism to me. Get a grip yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Cancer screening called...

As did Nursing Homes........

I am confident that isn't the concern you have made it in your head.

2,000 cancer diagnoses may not have been made due to impact of Covid-19 on services

https://www.thejournal.ie/covid-cancer-diagnoses-5279719-Nov2020/

I am confident that it is a real concern.

But you arent here to post anything of use are you?

• Advertisement

How does that mistake backup your no lockdowns position?

Lockdowns don’t work, as per WHO.

How do you explain the falling cases?

Cases fell during the summer too. If lockdown worked why did they start rising again??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭dalyboy

What other forms of flagellation do you enjoy?

Just don't watch it and stop complaining.

If you pay for a service (licence) is it unreasonable to expect a balanced and independent news reporting service ?

Or are You happy to receive propaganda in the guise of news headlines and reports ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

2,000 cancer diagnoses may not have been made due to impact of Covid-19 on services

https://www.thejournal.ie/covid-cancer-diagnoses-5279719-Nov2020/

I am confident that it is a real concern.

But you arent here to post anything of use are you?

But listening to the news thats also the fault of the virus and not the fault of the actions. And they only cure to resuming those services is more restrictions. Even thought the restrictions have caused this really. You just cant win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

I have read all the counter arguments, filtered them and still concluded that they are nonsensical.

"May have"

I read in another thread about someone's father getting Cancer treatment currently.

Doesn't add up. The medical doctors behind it all are making balance of risk decisions and care more about cancer than you pretend to.

So it’s ok then if it doesn’t reach 2000?

What’s the survival rate for cancer versus COVID?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

brokekeyboard, I hope you are staying at home this Christmas with Netflix on in the background. You can continue with the Level 5 lockdown if you so wish. Meanwhile the rest of society will move forward.

Sorry to break the bad news to you like this. I know this isn't what you wanted to hear with Christmas coming up.

brokekeyboard, I hope you are staying at home this Christmas with Netflix on in the background. You can continue with the Level 5 lockdown if you so wish. Meanwhile the rest of society will move forward.

Sorry to break the bad news to you like this. I know this isn't what you wanted to hear with Christmas coming up.

That’s an example of a brainwashed individual firmly wedded to lockdown- there isn’t any reasoning with these people. So you’re correct. Best ignore these fanatics and move on with your own life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Well one did precede the other.

They didn't just decide to become the evil communists you imagine for no good reason.

I'm not discussing at that level. Also I'm sort of a communist or close to it as it happens.

Mr 12 posts but already flinging sh1t and accusations around.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Stormyteacup

Maybe I am wise enough to not listen to it.

Crazy idea

Young for such wisdom you are, at 25 mins old.

• Advertisement

I will be having a normal Christmas, just because I think this is a conspiracy theory rathole and that you are full of it doesn't mean I fit whatever caricature is in your head about me.

So you don’t actually believe in lockdowns then? Seen as you’re having a “normal” Christmas n all.
    Surely if you believed they work you’d be continuing as is. But oddly you aren’t. Funny that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement