Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Congrats folks.
    Your offensive line dominated our defence and that doesn’t happen often.
    Great opportunity of a Lombardi this year.

I'd like to agree and everything seems to be going packers way atm, one advantage that nobody talks about is wisconsin in winter outside of games, not much is going on compared to florid a, la etc that are still open for business. Players can't be too distracted

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Got rid of Sky Sports last year, figured Redzone which is free on one of their channels would do during the season.

Course now they're in the playoffs, and I can't call round to a friend's house, I regret getting rid! Listening to the build up on a Milwaukee radio station. It's interesting, different...

WTMJ 620 does the commentary ....if u didn’t know.

Do a great job on it.

I didn’t like the way the Rams O was able to get down the field so easily on a no huddle offense.

WTMJ 620 does the commentary ....if u didn’t know.

Do a great job on it.

If the Championship game is on 416, I must see if the radio commentary synchs with TV coverage...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

If the Championship game is on 416, I must see if the radio commentary synchs with TV coverage...

Might be worth getting gamepass. I think it's well reduced at this stage for the remainder of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

I didn’t like the way the Rams O was able to get down the field so easily on a no huddle offense.

Thought goff did very well esp given his thumb surgery.
    I can’t believe kevin king didn’t have a fcuk up for me to moan about. Fair play to them. Well played. Well done la fleur.

digzy wrote: »
    Thought goff did very well esp given his thumb surgery.
    I can’t believe kevin king didn’t have a fcuk up for me to moan about. Fair :Dplay to them. Well played. Well done la fleur.

Despite the fact he was targeted all day.

Goff played very well given his thumb, Donald was a big loss., love the way he swiped at Elgton on the Facemask like an angry cat.

Paid dearly for it though.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭cosatron

O-line were outstanding and set the tone all game. I was happy enough with the defence, when we bought pressure we got to Goff. I hope were more aggressive with our pressures going forward. And finally the pass out of the end zone to Lazard was a thing of beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Our defence seems to do very well. Then suddenly when we've built up a lead on the score board they fall apart a bit and give up massive plays.

I was very impressed with it most of the game and in the end we won so you have to be happy with that. We do need to tighten up more when we have a lead though. Can't have another incident like the colts game.

O-line was outstanding. As was our run game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Turner has really stepped up this season. I don’t think Rodgers was touched all game .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭threeball

Definitely the most impressive performance of the weekend so far. Having the winners of the Saints/Bucks in Lambeau is a massive benefit. The Southern teams won't like it one bit. I think we're looking at a SB appearance at the least. Rodgers talent deserves more than one.

so tampa it is. Going back to the lose to tampa its worth remember that Kevin King was out, Gary and Z had reduced snaps due to lingering injuries, first game back for Kenny Clarke and Devante Adams and Rodgers had the worst game i ever seen him play. I think we are allot better team now and playing better football. As for tampa we have to get pressure on Brady and limit the damage fournette and jones do. On offence, same again please and keep the ball away from Devin White, his a top class line backer.

cosatron wrote: »
    so tampa it is. Going back to the lose to tampa its worth remember that Kevin King was out, Gary and Z had reduced snaps due to lingering injuries, first game back for Kenny Clarke and Devante Adams and Rodgers had the worst game i ever seen him play. I think we are allot better team now and playing better football. As for tampa we have to get pressure on Brady and limit the damage fournette and jones do. On offence, same again please and keep the ball away from Devin White, his a top class line backer.

The Gronk?

What are we going to do about that tool?

Gronk will exploit our soft middle so I say they will have Amos play close to the line of scrimmage and follow gronk

For me they will have to get to Thomas Charles, can’t allow him to set up and look around.

Just can’t.

Edit.. as you rightly said in an earlier post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

The Gronk?

What are we going to do about that tool?

Gronk hasn't been amazing I'd be more worried about brate tbh. Brady release is excellent this year. Short passes will kill us in the soft area on packers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭threeball

Gronk hasn't been amazing I'd be more worried about brate tbh. Brady release is excellent this year. Short passes will kill us in the soft area on packers

That's the problem, if Jared Goff can drive the length of the field in about a minute what will Brady do. The only saving grace is that Bucs D-line is much weaker than the Rams so the pressure needs to come on Brady early and often and the secondary force him to throw outside the numbers.

threeball wrote: »
    That's the problem, if Jared Goff can drive the length of the field in about a minute what will Brady do. The only saving grace is that Bucs D-line is much weaker than the Rams so the pressure needs to come on Brady early and often and the secondary force him to throw outside the numbers.

That what gets me too.... now the pundits all say that Pettine wants to avoid the big gain and is ‘content’ to let the opposition dink and dunk down the field in small gains and depend on a mistake or an incompletion to stop the drive.

The Packers defense does stiffen up in the red zone though.

Now that’s all well and good with QBs of average skill and experience and skill, but Brady will destroy you with that stuff..a dangerous game against him, in my opinion.

In my opinion the Packers need to get on top of the Bucs Offense from the word go and keep in Brady’s grille for the full game.

Special teams for the Packers just HAVE to do better, they seriously could cost us the NFC Championship.

Giving the Bucs any kind of short field.......not good.

That said , the Packers have the advantage in their favour.......forget about the first game.....go out and win it .

Can’t lose in Lambeau in January with a SB appearance riding on it.

No waaaaaaaaayah:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 sandman1212

I certainly hope so!

Mike Pettine is on his last straw if his strategy blows up and we lose that game at home. We better not - and if we do, it should be his last game as DC for the Pack.

I certainly hope so!

Mike Pettine is on his last straw if his strategy blows up and we lose that game at home. We better not - and if we do, it should be his last game as DC for the Pack.

Wouldn’t go quite that far now......... settle down now.......settle down:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Seems a bit bizarre to be advocating sacking a DC for a team that has lost 6 games in 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 sandman1212

adrian522 wrote: »
    Seems a bit bizarre to be advocating sacking a DC for a team that has lost 6 games in 2 years.

I still maintain that that NFC championship loss last year was on him. Just hope history doesn’t repeat itself.

Ted Thompson has past away. RIP to a true legend.

Ted Thompson has past away. RIP to a true legend.

Aaah.... The Grey Ghost.... RIP indeed.

A true Packers legend.

Aaah.... The Grey Ghost.... RIP indeed.

A true Packers legend.

He had some eye for a lineman in the middle rounds of the draft.

He had some eye for a lineman in the middle rounds of the draft.

Did he bring in Keith Jackson for SB 33 and jock out Mark Chmura.

Caused a lot of angst with the three amigos... Favre, Frankie Winters, and Mark Chmura?

Can’t remember that far back.

Got some great interior linemen

Marco Rivera- Joe Andruzzi

Mike Wahle- Darryn Colledge

Josh Sitten- TJ Lang

On the end Chad Clifton, Mark Tauscher,

Centers Frankie Winters, Mike Flanagan, Scottie Wells, JC Tretter,

Funny I can remember the interior guys better than the tackles.

Might stir a few memories there.

Bakhtariari round 4 and Linsey aswell. Bulaga was first round. Apart from Rodgers I think his best bit of work was bringing in Woodson.

Sad news, far too young, a big part of Packers history.

It feels a bit cold and calculating to say it...but if they weren't fired up enough already, a few of those players should be willing to go through a brick wall on Sunday in light of Thompson's passing.

• Advertisement

Bakhtariari round 4 and Linsey aswell. Bulaga was first round. Apart from Rodgers I think his best bit of work was bringing in Woodson.

I remember John Madden introducing Bulaga as the #1 pick for the Packers and saying something like “ Here he comes, look at him, big auld lineman head on him”

;) Madden got it right.... great player for the Pack.

Advertisement