Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

digzy wrote: »
    Are we ever gonna defend the run.
    Though allowance must be given to the fact it was delvin cook.

And we’re away on a short week against a team who destroyed us twice last season.....and bizarrely enough were favourites!!

It's not that it was cook was the problem it's the fact they had a rb. Any rb at all would of gashed us. In all fairness you can have a qb spy. When a lad had rushed for over 100 yards and 3tds why not put someone for him exclusively, instead packers let them throw a screen for 40 odd yards and a 4th td

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Even the tv crew highlighted the wind before the game!
    Surely Pettine should’ve been more cognisant of the need to defend the run.
    Or else there’s a serious talent deficit.

‘....don’t value the linebacker position...’

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

digzy wrote: »
    Even the tv crew highlighted the wind before the game!
    Surely Pettine should’ve been more cognisant of the need to defend the run.
    Or else there’s a serious talent deficit.

‘....don’t value the linebacker position...’

Yes the wind was a factor in this particular game and yes it did favour the Vikes who were much better on the ground than in the air

The defense were shïte, that’s the honest answer.

How many penalties, how many ‘whiffs’ in the tackle, how many times was Cooke three to four yards over the los before any meaningful contact?
    Then he easily gets another two or three after contact!!!

Packers offence then, without #30 and 13 were forced to throw in poor conditions, give away penalties,and were never going to do damage.

They (the whole team) seemed listless and powder puff .

They need that Will Fuller dude from Texans to spark things up.

They also need to amp themselves up a large percentage if they want to make the play offs, in my opinion.

Yes the wind was a factor in this particular game and yes it did favour the Vikes who were much better on the ground than in the air

The defense were shïte, that’s the honest answer.

How many penalties, how many ‘whiffs’ in the tackle, how many times was Cooke three to four yards over the los before any meaningful contact?
    Then he easily gets another two or three after contact!!!

Packers offence then, without #30 and 13 were forced to throw in poor conditions, give away penalties,and were never going to do damage.

They (the whole team) seemed listless and powder puff .

They need that Will Fuller dude from Texans to spark things up.

They also need to amp themselves up a large percentage if they want to make the play offs, in my opinion.
    Go balls out, offer cowboys a number 2 and 4/5 for cooper

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

One of Cooper, Fuller or Julio and a top LB would be great. Can't see it happening though.

Edit: just seen Fuller ruled out as a value couldn't be agreed.

• Advertisement

Go balls out against SF, not the listless performance of the last WestCoast visit.

SF have a lot of injury problems.

Go out there and express yourselves.

Go balls out against SF, not the listless performance of the last WestCoast visit.

SF have a lot of injury problems.

Go out there and express yourselves.

No Jimmy g either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭cosatron

No Jimmy g either

no kittle either but it will be a close game as im fully convinced that Kyle Shanahan can out scheme Mike Pettine with a high school team. Remember his first year as dc against san fran and jimmy g was out and Nick Mullen had a field day and we needed a last minute field goal to win and san fran ended up with a top 3 draft pick they were so bad that season

cosatron wrote: »
    no kittle either but it will be a close game as im fully convinced that Kyle Shanahan can out scheme Mike Pettine with a high school team. Remember his first year as dc against san fran and jimmy g was out and Nick Mullen had a field day and we needed a last minute field goal to win and san fran ended up with a top 3 draft pick they were so bad that season

Game really depends on the Packers.

If they rock up with the same attitude they did last Sunday, and the last two tilts against the 9ers, it will end badly.

On paper they are,place for place, the better team, they need to go out and display it.

They need to go out there, take control, and drive the opposition into the ground.

Players need to step up.... offense. MVS.. EQ.

The tight ends, the O line.

Defense need to stop tackling air and get to the QB

Given the injury list Packers are the stronger.

They need to take control and go out and do it.

Need leaders to go out and lead, most important.

Paul Hornung passed away...

• Advertisement

Yes.... RIP #5

Same deal on Sunday v the Jags

Potential banana skin.....need to get out dominate and win.

From the start.

Don’t want another Viking experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,441 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Paul Hornung passed away...

I’m not a packers fan but I read the Lombardi book called “when pride still mattered ” and Paul hornung is featured a lot and he was some guy.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I’m not a packers fan but I read the Lombardi book called “when pride still mattered ” and Paul hornung is featured a lot and he was some guy.

His name pops up in any "top 10 Packers" discussions, along with Willie Davis who died earlier this year, and obviously Bart Starr who passed away in 2019.

Yes.... RIP #5

Same deal on Sunday v the Jags

Potential banana skin.....need to get out dominate and win.

From the start.

Don’t want another Viking experience.

Here we go again......

Playing like ****

Got away with one today, that’s for sure.

Have to up the tempo, in my opinion, get more physical and for JAysus sake learn how to tackle.

Had to laugh how easily Jk Scott was juked on the punt return though.

He was on the field for another play I think for some reason!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 sandman1212

That was painful to watch. Except for the MVS TD, nobody should be satisfied with the way they played today.

we are consistently inconsistent. It makes it hard watch at times. David Bahktairi signed a 4 year deal so thats good news. best left tackle in the game imo.

cosatron wrote: »
    we are consistently inconsistent. It makes it hard watch at times. David Bahktairi signed a 4 year deal so thats good news. best left tackle in the game imo.

Would want to be ....$ 105 million over four years, $30 million signing bonus.. will there be enough for #33 and the other guys we need to sign. Highest paid lineman in NFL history.....and fair play to him.

Next weeks game against the Colts will tell a lot.

Great to see MVS gaining confidence, pity ESB couldn’t stay fit for one or two hours:eek:

Lazard should be back next week, but it’s the lack of fizz from the team in some of these games that worries me.

Packers could easily have lost that game, granted some bad decisions went against them, but they have been gouged on the ground by two bad teams recently.

Improvement needed......

Fair play to bak getting that deal. But he hoovers up a lot of cash so we’ll feel it elsewhere. I wonder will they bring back Lindsey given jones has to be signed too. I’d expect Jamal Williams to get the chop too.

Drafting sh1t over the past few years is killing us. Hopefully Gary will step up as I’m thinking Preston smith has dropped off badly this year.

• Advertisement

This is one we should have won.........and I don’t blame MVS.

We lost this one in Q3...nowhere else

Jaysus. Had a 28-14 lead and couldn’t get back on the field.

Is it just me or is Rogers doing little to vitalise his team, I watched the contrast with Rivers who was ‘geeing up’ his players and being part of the team, whereas Rogers was in seemingly in “sour mode” and not interacting well it seemed to me.

Bears next week will tell a lot....but should have won this one... defense could stop nothing in the 3rd quarter.

Have to play for four qtrs.

i wouldn't hold it against MVS either. if we can put 4 quarters together, i think we will be in a good place. this was the top ranked defence and we were underdogs going into it and turned over the ball 4 times and took them to overtime and should've won.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Blut2

Defense completely fell apart as usual. The Colts aren't a particularly good team offensively - they're not even a top 10 offense. Leaking 30+ points to them shows how weak the defense is.

Blut2 wrote: »
    Defense completely fell apart as usual. The Colts aren't a particularly good team offensively - they're not even a top 10 offense. Leaking 30+ points to them shows how weak the defense is.

in all fairness, defence and green bay packers don't mesh well together. Since i started following them i can only count 3 years where we had a top notch defence and reggie white was palying in 2 of them and charles woodson in the other one and we got to the superbowl and won 2

We lost this one in Q3...nowhere else

Jaysus. Had a 28-14 lead and couldn’t get back on the field.

Is it just me or is Rogers doing little to vitalise his team, I watched the contrast with Rivers who was ‘geeing up’ his players and being part of the team, whereas Rogers was in seemingly in “sour mode” and not interacting well it seemed to me.

Bears next week will tell a lot....but should have won this one... defense could stop nothing in the 3rd quarter.

Have to play for four qtrs.

There’s a lot of issues with that team, Rodgers ain’t one !
    We’d be jets level of ineptitude only for him.

We doubled our turnovers for the season in that game alone I'd say. Shocking ball protection

Very important game tonight ....win and the North is probably secure.

Lose and the the Bears get a lifeline.

Has to be a full on smash mouth game with no hold back.

Pettine has to take a few chances.. none of this leaving the middle of the field open on anything and long.

Must keep Rogers on the field as much as possible.

No room for vanilla football.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Blut2

The Bears offense is a shambles at the moment. It should be an easy enough win, hopefully.

• Advertisement

Blut2 wrote: »
    The Bears offense is a shambles at the moment. It should be an easy enough win, hopefully.

The Defence is not though.....the Pack should win, it I doubt if it will be easy.

Advertisement