Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭pedatron

It's my 5th full season following the Packers. Does beating the Bears ever not feel great? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

pedatron wrote: »
    It's my 5th full season following the Packers. Does beating the Bears ever not feel great? :P

Not as good as it used to.

Hmmm.... last nights game against the Eagles seems to have gotten good press from the Podcasts.

I wouldn’t be so enthusiastic, lot of whiffed tackle attempts, fourth and eighteen for a TD allowed, punt return for a TD allowed and poor JK couldn’t put a glove on the dude, or any other of the 11 either.

Lot of passes caught by Eagles offense with Fcuking acres of green grass around them when the game should have been iced.Got them back into it ......two TDs in 80 secs.... nooooot good.

Packers get a TD with a questionable face mask decision not seen by the officials.

Sorry to be negative but lot of questions still have to be answered.

Kevin King got away with one, for sure.

Packer win last nite, but again, for me not convincing especially defense.

Big third Downs conceded, penalties, in clutch situations against a banged up team.

Special teams on kick return allow a 70 yard return( only a Crosby stop prevented a TD)

JK would not have stopped it!!!

Yes a win, but can’t keep depending on clutch plays to win games that should be salted away in the third quarter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Defense is still so worrying. They got pretty much an entire quarter off last night but when they got back on the field gave up chunks of yardage time after time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Kirksey is a complete joke. We dodged a bullet with the refs call there for Marvin Jones in the corner when he was ruled out of bounds.
    The offence is going great but decent sides will punish our d.
    As for special teams...wtf!

digzy wrote: »
    Kirksey is a complete joke. We dodged a bullet with the refs call there for Marvin Jones in the corner when he was ruled out of bounds.
    The offence is going great but decent sides will punish our d.
    As for special teams...wtf!

Yes, I felt it was a catch too, dude had the two feet down (toes)and in control of the football.

Took a 58 yarder by #2 to steady things up

Don’t like being too negative but the pantomime at the end with all the penalties was disgraceful.

Stats show they were well in control but reality was different.

This was one they should have won easily, but also could have easily lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Blut2

The offense is still capable of looking excellent when they turn it on. But the defense is also still capable of completely collapsing at any moment, to teams that aren't even particularly good. Even when the team has a 14 point lead no game feels secure.

The NFC as a whole is very weak this year though. Despite the above I can easily see a Packers v Saints NFC championship game happening.

I can't see whichever team wins that doing anything other than losing badly to the Chiefs, or even the Bills or Steelers, though.

Blut2 wrote: »
    The offense is still capable of looking excellent when they turn it on. But the defense is also still capable of completely collapsing at any moment, to teams that aren't even particularly good. Even when the team has a 14 point lead no game feels secure.

The NFC as a whole is very weak this year though. Despite the above I can easily see a Packers v Saints NFC championship game happening.

I can't see whichever team wins that doing anything other than losing badly to the Chiefs, or even the Bills or Steelers, though.

Correct, when the Packers have a chance to salt the game away, the fhuukers don’t do it.

Like leading by 14 late in the third, up against a 3rd and 21 by the opposition on midfield.

Ok a stop here gets the ball back, gets the O back on the field, drains the clock, possible TD, possible FG..... do they do it....... do they fhhhurkhe.

Opposition complete(inevitably) new set of downs.... TD..!!!!

Now it’s a one possession fahhkin game.

and instead of cruising, they are struggling.

Not good for the BP

Kevin king... possibly the worst tackler in the league. Dunno how this clown still has a job. Offences are repeatedly targeting him...and for good reason !

• Advertisement

digzy wrote: »
    Kevin king... possibly the worst tackler in the league. Dunno how this clown still has a job. Offences are repeatedly targeting him...and for good reason !

Have’nt seen this game yet, but not surprised about what you say.

Seems it was same old as old .

Even the ‘podcast pundits’ who were berating the fans for their criticism of the Packers seem to have finally realised they are playing very average football.

I’ll reserve judgement till I feel ready to watch the game.

Watched the game and indeed was one Packers could have lost.

Panthers D seemed to have got a handle on the GB O in the second half.

Mason came up trumps again

I know it was in the snow and Titans probably didn't want to be there but that was a great performance and a lot more encouraging. Henry is a beast and to keep him quiet was fantastic.

Davante is going to attract a lot of attention in the play offs. If one more reciever outside of Tonyan can step up and take advantage then we have a serious shot.

Chiefs are a brilliant team but have had a lot of tight games recently. They are either holding back a bit or teams are getting a better grasp on playing them.

I'd Rodgers has another good performance against Chicago then I think he takes the MVP this year.

Jofspring wrote: »
    I know it was in the snow and Titans probably didn't want to be there but that was a great performance and a lot more encouraging. Henry is a beast and to keep him quiet was fantastic.

Davante is going to attract a lot of attention in the play offs. If one more reciever outside of Tonyan can step up and take advantage then we have a serious shot.

Chiefs are a brilliant team but have had a lot of tight games recently. They are either holding back a bit or teams are getting a better grasp on playing them.

I'd Rodgers has another good performance against Chicago then I think he takes the MVP this year.

Yes agree there.

The Bears game is tough and the Packers will need to be ‘on point’ to win it.

I think they won’t be overconfident and will approach the game with the same urgency and tempo as they did against the Titans.

Everyone stepped up last Sunday , played faster, swarmed around, seemed more interested .

More of that energy will be required to see this season out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭cosatron

David bakhtiari done his knee out for season. Big blow just when things were starting to come together.

cosatron wrote: »
    David bakhtiari done his knee out for season. Big blow just when things were starting to come together.

Yep... however we have reasonable back up there.

A torn ACL in practice... horrific.

Yep... however we have reasonable back up there.

Dunno. Would you trust billy turner! And then We’ve to jam in Lucas Patrick who’s pretty iffy at best!

He'll be a massive loss, just have to hope the other guys step up. He is a big player for us but I always had a feeling one of our top players would go down at some stage. We had a decent run of avoiding serious injury this season so one was inevitable. Pity it was in something as simple as practise.

Hopefully this is a "brings the squad even more together" moment rather than a "ah Jesus we are goosed without Bakhtiari" moment.

Jofspring wrote: »
    He'll be a massive loss, just have to hope the other guys step up. He is a big player for us but I always had a feeling one of our top players would go down at some stage. We had a decent run of avoiding serious injury this season so one was inevitable. Pity it was in something as simple as practise.

Hopefully this is a "brings the squad even more together" moment rather than a "ah Jesus we are goosed without Bakhtiari" moment.

Yes, we have been very lucky injury wise over the season, I know Bak is a stud but however good he is, one player on the Line, even a LT shouldn’t turn a team from heroes to zeros.

I feel our OLine shouldn’t collapse, reduce certainly, but collapse, it shouldn’t happen.

I’m going to be optimistic:D

• Advertisement

Kevin king...wtf !!! Why won’t you fcukin tackle. What a pussy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Bucs in 2 weeks most likely?

Are we not all excirah and delirah?

Are we not all excirah and delirah?

Letting it sink in Conor.

We have been disappointed too much in the past.

one positive to take out of bakhtiara injury is rodgers is getting the ball out fast and his taking what the defence is giving him which bode's well going into the playoffs when your up against tampa's, new orleans and seahawks pass rush. Im very confident we will get to the superbowl. Rodgers has always stated that he wants the number 1 seed and all teams have to go through Lambeau. I think Dillon is going to have a big say, he had only 1 carry last night and he will be needed against tampa. go pack go.

one positive to take out of bakhtiara injury is rodgers is getting the ball out fast and his taking what the defence is giving him which bode's well going into the playoffs when your up against tampa's, new orleans and seahawks pass rush. Im very confident we will get to the superbowl. Rodgers has always stated that he wants the number 1 seed and all teams have to go through Lambeau. I think Dillon is going to have a big say, he had only 1 carry last night and he will be needed against tampa. go pack go.

Cos, the pundits and others say Quadzilla won’t have a big part ....unless one of Jamaal or Aaaron is out of action.
    Reason is he needs to get more knowledge when/if the play is changed at the line.
    What do I do now, where do I go. He has all the physical attributes but it’s the mental stuff that’s the issue....that’s what they say anyway.

Lambeau with 82,000 is a bigger advantage than Lambeau with a handful.

However ! Sit back, relax for a week, and enjoy the oncoming battle.

Cos, the pundits and others say Quadzilla won’t have a big part ....unless one of Jamaal or Aaaron is out of action.
    Reason is he needs to get more knowledge when/if the play is changed at the line.
    What do I do now, where do I go. He has all the physical attributes but it’s the mental stuff that’s the issue....that’s what they say anyway.

Lambeau with 82,000 is a bigger advantage than Lambeau with a handful.

However ! Sit back, relax for a week, and enjoy the oncoming battle.

the weather is the big thing for visiting teams. I think against tampa dillon will need to be used up the gut as there interior isn't as good as there outside and there linebacker has serious speed and can cover ground if jones breaks outside. we will need a healthy dose of all three. I can't wait and i hope we get tampa bay and then seattle.

the weather is the big thing for visiting teams. I think against tampa dillon will need to be used up the gut as there interior isn't as good as there outside and there linebacker has serious speed and can cover ground if jones breaks outside. we will need a healthy dose of all three. I can't wait and i hope we get tampa bay and then seattle.

Well I’m only going by the experts, and it would seem to make sense.

They have two full weeks to prepare for whoever might be coming, one week to narrow it down.

“We’re gonna be ok”

Brilliant to have the No.1 seed. I think it's probably best to leave off assessment of chances until after next Sunday. What shape either Tampa or I suppose Washington are in after that will tell us more. Could be a shock on the cards there is Young can get to Brady.

I just hope covid doesn't play a part in the playoffs.

• Advertisement

I'd definitely be prefer to be playing the WFTs than Tampa. But at least playing Tampa in Lambeau in mid-January will be very different to playing them in Florida in October.

I know they're professional athletes so should be able to deal with anything, but I doubt many of the Tampa players have played in -5C to -10C much. It'll definitely be a big advantage for the Packers.

Advertisement