Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Blut2 wrote: »
    I'd definitely be prefer to be playing the WFTs than Tampa. But at least playing Tampa in Lambeau in mid-January will be very different to playing them in Florida in October.

I know they're professional athletes so should be able to deal with anything, but I doubt many of the Tampa players have played in -5C to -10C much. It'll definitely be a big advantage for the Packers.

One has........ Thomas Patrick Brady.

But,folks, are we afraid of these guys.......are we f**k.

Afraid of nobody..........

• Registered Users Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Lambeau nominated in iconic sporting venue thread get in and vote lads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

paulie21 wrote: »
    Lambeau nominated in iconic sporting venue thread get in and vote lads :D

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,825 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Jofspring wrote: »
    Where?

Green bay wisconsin.

Sorry...

Green bay wisconsin.

Sorry...

No, where is the thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

No, where is the thread?

Recreation and hobbies forum. Lost out to Croke Park anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Bucs in 2 weeks most likely?

Rams beat the 'Hawks, so the Bucs are out of the picture for another week, at least.

So if the Saints win it'll be the Rams, otherwise it's the Bears.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Rams beat the 'Hawks, so the Bucs are out of the picture for another week, at least.

So if the Saints win it'll be the Rams, otherwise it's the Bears.

Big surprise, happy Bucs gone as option

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Blut2

The Rams defense was very impressive last night. But their offensive was also pitiful. I'll definitely take them over the Bucs.

Blut2 wrote: »
    The Rams defense was very impressive last night. But their offensive was also pitiful. I'll definitely take them over the Bucs.

Packers should be afraid of none of these, they need to adopt that kind of attitude.

Tempo up, players bouncing, up for it and no step back.

They need to execute... catch the catchables, intercept the interceptables, tackle the player in front of them, no air whiffs.

The ‘nearly’ stuff needs to to be cut out.... # 20 are you listening, # 83 are you listening. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Blut2

I don't think the Packers will be afraid of anyone apart from maybe the Chiefs to be fair. But its still definitely better to be up against an injured Jared Goff than a healthy Tom Brady in a playoff game I think!

Packers game at a great time for European/Irish audience

21.35 on Saturday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭cosatron

the rams it is. The one team we match up terrible with. Dominant dline, shut down corner, don't give up anything up the middle. Rodgers will have to get the ball out fast, move adams around and more will be expected off lazard and mvs. I think we should ok on the defensive side of things, goff is slow decision maker and not mobile and he can't be 100%, akers is a worry but hopefully it will be ok. its on at a great time for us. Packer by 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Surely Donald can’t be 100% either. Rib injuries don’t come good within a week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭cosatron

digzy wrote: »
    Surely Donald can’t be 100% either. Rib injuries don’t come good within a week

i hope so. his some player.

Lads, relax....

The only ones who can beat us in Lambeau is ourselves.

We have four Pro bowl starters

Rodgers
    Adams
    Linsley
    (Bachtiari)

+ Alexander and BigBob

I don’t think any other team has that kind of line up ..at home....cold weather.......very cold weather.

We cannot do what the Steelers did ..... throw away the game with an insipid performance.

Their two biggest players Big Ben and Pouncey screwing up big time.

Note how our man JC Tretter was stellar at center for the Browns.

Packers are a better team than the Rams...they have all the advantages to win.

Up to them to get out there and do it.

Jaysus.... Veldheer out on COVID 19 issues.

Hope he didn’t (inadvertently) bring it into the squad, lessens our options on the line if injuries occur.

Now Rams are a serious team, Pack will have to play their best to beat them, it’s definitely not a walk in the park.

But as I said earlier if they don’t do a Steelers on it it should be a Packers win.

It’s win or bust here so nothing should be left behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Optimus Caesar

Hello from a Rams fan.

The Pack won't do a Steelers. I don't think the Steelers were anywhere near as good as their record suggested.
    Won first 11 and then finished the season 1-4 so they were there for the taking.

I'm hoping for snow. Love snow games.
    Even though the Rams are a California team I think that snow favours the better defence and our defence is elite so I don't see a Packers blowout happening. I am expecting a tight game.

Whoever can run the ball best is probably going to win and I hope that we can keep the Rodgers off-script plays to a minimum.

Hello from a Rams fan.

The Pack won't do a Steelers. I don't think the Steelers were anywhere near as good as their record suggested.
    Won first 11 and then finished the season 1-4 so they were there for the taking.

I'm hoping for snow. Love snow games.
    Even though the Rams are a California team I think that snow favours the better defence and our defence is elite so I don't see a Packers blowout happening. I am expecting a tight game.

Whoever can run the ball best is probably going to win and I hope that we can keep the Rodgers off-script plays to a minimum.

Hello Optimus

It’s going to be a good ‘un and snow a distinct possibility.

The cold and thumb issues will not help Goff but I still expect a very tough game.

Packers have to cut out the silly mistakes and take as many chances as they can as I feel there won’t be too many.

Could come down to #2 in the end and those abysmal special team set ups the Packers have.

Let’s enjoy it although Packers games tend to take a lot out of a lad this season.

Good luck.

Getting a little bit queasy about this game........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Geoff can't grip the ball right, needs a glove to get grip on he ball. Stuff the box. Be grand

Goff starting .... so they say.

34 F in GB.... tropical !!

Got rid of Sky Sports last year, figured Redzone which is free on one of their channels would do during the season.

Course now they're in the playoffs, and I can't call round to a friend's house, I regret getting rid! Listening to the build up on a Milwaukee radio station. It's interesting, different...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Cooper Kupp is inactive!

That's a big one.

Got rid of Sky Sports last year, figured Redzone which is free on one of their channels would do during the season.

Course now they're in the playoffs, and I can't call round to a friend's house, I regret getting rid! Listening to the build up on a Milwaukee radio station. It's interesting, different...

It's on sky sports mix for free Chanel 416

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Cooper Kupp is inactive!

That's a big one.

Benefits of earning the bye, hard earned in regular season

Donald prob not 100% as well. Goff prob wudnt have started today only for Wolford bang and even with that Goff has an injured thumb too

GoPackGo

It's on sky sports mix for free Chanel 416

Thanks...found it after the first quarter! For some reason it didn't seem to come up earlier today when I checked the schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Optimus Caesar

Congrats folks.
    Your offensive line dominated our defence and that doesn’t happen often.
    Great opportunity of a Lombardi this year.

• Advertisement

Special teams is cat

On another note tho :)

Advertisement