Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

pm1977x wrote: »
    That is shocking, did you ask him how he found it all of a sudden?

He said it was sitting atop a pile of items that had to be returned to an available locker to which I asked how come it wasn't seen before and why was I told it was lost etc. Just apologized for the experience and didn't answer the last part.

Shame really.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,083 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Thanks to this thread I sent my most recent package to Parcel Wizard rather than my usual Parcel Motel.

Arrived in NI on Saturday, out for delivery this morning. Wish I'd used it more rather than PM, they've officially shut down the service but they are handling parcels that were in transit so mine was covered. Not sure I'd ever have received it if I used PM as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭foxy_j

I spoke with a representative for about 30 minutes yesterday due to me currently having 4 packages in an outbound state since the 2nd of December. He was adamant that the issue had been fixed and they were working through the backlog. This is the same story I was told last Friday by another Parcel Motel rep!

The intended recipients of these packages have been in touch about the whereabouts of their items and I'd say its just a matter of time before I have to start issuing refunds. Do I have any comeback about this (small claims etc)? Or is it a case of hoping that the parcels come back to me if they aren't shipped?

Worst experience with PM in all my years of using them...

Your insured up to €100 per package with PM. So if they lose your parcels they have to reimburse you. So if you do end up having to refund the buyers you'll be covered. Hopefully though they are just delayed somewhere.

PM lost one item so far in all the time I've been using them. I was returning a purchase to a retailer a couple years ago. I sent then over the invoice for the purchase and they refunded me.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Commissar

So trying to buy from the UK using PM (& DHL) is proving very frustrating.

Tried to buy an Apple HomePod from their UK store and arrange the delivery to an ROI address has left me in Limbo since the 4th.

According to DHL ...
    - 04th December 2020 17:10 Your parcel [...] is out for delivery
    - 04th December 2020 09:30 Your parcel [...] is delivered
    so at 9AM it was "Delivered" but at 5PM it was "Out for delivery"?
    To their, very limited, credit DHL did respond to my queries once but only to acknowledge that I asked a question, not to answer it and I don't see any straightforward way to contact PM at all.

Given the ambiguity of the situation, does anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed?
    Should I try to call PM directly - they seem to have a Belfast office?
    Is it normal that PM are so slow to respond or acknowledge package receipt? Another user on the Apple forum mentioned that PM might be 4 to 6 weeks behind!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

I spoke with a representative for about 30 minutes yesterday due to me currently having 4 packages in an outbound state since the 2nd of December. He was adamant that the issue had been fixed and they were working through the backlog. This is the same story I was told last Friday by another Parcel Motel rep!

The intended recipients of these packages have been in touch about the whereabouts of their items and I'd say its just a matter of time before I have to start issuing refunds. Do I have any comeback about this (small claims etc)? Or is it a case of hoping that the parcels come back to me if they aren't shipped?

Worst experience with PM in all my years of using them...

Same issue here I'm about to loose out on 2.000 euros over a laptop.
    Was it that Kylie girl you were speaking with?

Mine have been stuck since the 2nd also, I have until the 17th or the dispute will end the buyers favour, no response over my extended liability claim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Beric Dondarrion

Same issue here I'm about to loose out on 2.000 euros over a laptop.
    Was it that Kylie girl you were speaking with?

Mine have been stuck since the 2nd also, I have until the 17th or the dispute will end the buyers favour, no response over my extended liability claim.

I've dealt with 4 different people at this stage. She is one of them. It doesn't take 2 weeks to fix an issue like they've described, sounds like there is something else at play (maybe this is how they plan to wind down their business). Anyway, I think I'm going to see if I can get my packages back and make alternative arrangements if possible. I'll also be pushing for the €70 I paid to have these shipped to the UK in "2 to 3 business days".....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭AuldDaysul

viperlogic wrote: »
    I too have a parcel which was going from PM to PM stuck for a week now (since the 8th) as "outbound - parcel motel dublin".

Long time user of PM and this is the first issue ever had with them

Pretty much the same issue, PM to PM parcel sitting in Finglas depot since the 5th, marked as outbound twice, then released, then outbound again... Emailed them on the 11th, no response yet. Hopefully they start clearing stuff soon

foxy_j wrote: »
    Your insured up to €100 per package with PM. So if they lose your parcels they have to reimburse you. So if you do end up having to refund the buyers you'll be covered. Hopefully though they are just delayed somewhere.

PM lost one item so far in all the time I've been using them. I was returning a purchase to a retailer a couple years ago. I sent then over the invoice for the purchase and they refunded me.

This is different though. The packages aren't lost or damaged, they're just "stuck". Parcel Motel aren't delivering on the service they claim to offer. How long are people expected to wait when there is nothing but false information coming from them? "The issue is fixed", " the backlog is being cleared" " your parcel will be delivered within the next few days"......I don't believe a word of it at this stage. Hence my question about the small claims court.

I'm just wondering also if you waiting on a package shipped in december to PM and it arrives after the 31st of december are you liable for vat then? Seeing as you already paid the UK vat.

It would be unfair as there are shipping delays atm.

Thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

foxy_j wrote: »
    I'm just wondering also if you waiting on a package shipped in december to PM and it arrives after the 31st of december are you liable for vat then? Seeing as you already paid the UK vat.

It would be unfair as there are shipping delays atm.

Thanks

Yes, you will. Unless it is a company who collects Irish VAT such as Amazon

• Advertisement

whiterebel wrote: »

Ah feck, hopefully it'll arrive into them at least by the 31st so then. I just checked and it actually hasn't been shipped yet, meant to be this week.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

gar wrote: »
    Update on this, the parcel to England appeared but no update on the parcel Motel website. Parcel to NI has not appeared yet... Weird

I sent two parcels last week (Tue 8th)

Destination Newry - loaded into locker 10:42, collected 15:58, hub in 9/12 22:53, inbound Belfast 10/12 07:43, on van 08:22, delivered 10:25 2 days

Destination Glasgow - loaded into locker 09:27, collected 15:57 - no further scans. Phoned just now and parcel is stuck in export backlog, supposedly being worked around/fixed. Estimated delivery late in the week or maybe next week. 5 working days and counting.

I'm not that fussed as long as they haven't lost it and it gets there eventually. (Had a small packet that took An Post 17 days to get from Galway to Kildare at the end of October/start of November, so every carrier seems to be overstretched)

Someone posted this in a group I'm in so this sounds promising. So hopefully you might be ok if the order was placed before Decemeber 31st.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I wouldn't bank on that. When we get it officially from revenue I'll believe it. Its like yet another extension to the extension to the extension.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

whiterebel wrote: »
    I would think that as long as it has arrived in Northern Ireland by the 31st, then it's home and dry. But it's impossible to be completely certain!

macplaxton wrote: »
    I sent two parcels last week (Tue 8th)

Destination Glasgow - loaded into locker 09:27, collected 15:57 - no further scans. Phoned just now and parcel is stuck in export backlog, supposedly being worked around/fixed. Estimated delivery late in the week or maybe next week. 5 working days and counting.

Update: Apparently arrived yesterday (so 6 days altogether) with the recipient. It seems that in sending it to the UK, whatever Nightlife/UPS system it goes into going off the island hasn't yet tied together the tracking details of both legs of the journey.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭Dub81

anyone know what parcel motel are doing i rang them but she just said keep an eye on the website?

DPD parcel wizard virtual address is gone i usedthem all the time.

macplaxton wrote: »
    Update: Apparently arrived yesterday (so 6 days altogether) with the recipient. It seems that in sending it to the UK, whatever Nightlife/UPS system it goes into going off the island hasn't yet tied together the tracking details of both legs of the journey.

One of my packages has (finally) a UPS tracking number associated with it (as of 8.30pm tonight). Looks like deliveries to the UK are starting to move again.....maybe!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Big Gerry

If there is a no deal brexit will parcel motel be subject to taxes for people in the Republic who order stuff from the UK ?

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭kalych

Big Gerry wrote: »
    If there is a no deal brexit will parcel motel be subject to taxes for people in the Republic who order stuff from the UK ?

That's the expectation. Can't see it being anything else apart from PM closing down the NI depot entirely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Parcel Motel seems to be leaving it to the last minute to announce their plan. Parcel Wizard already shut and Addresspal have already communicated changes from 1st January. If PM was closing down completely surely they would have told customers by now of a cut of date for deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

This was on another thread.
    https://www.moneyguideireland.com/irish-customs-duty-on-uk-online-purchases.html
    If a Brexit Deal is Agreed

It is almost certain that any agreed EU/UK trade deal will mean no Irish customs Duty on any goods bought online in the UK and delivered to a person in Ireland. This is not guaranteed – but it is very likely.

We all hope that a deal will be agreed before long.
    Irsh Customs Duty Amounts in the Event of No Deal Brexit

Should the UK and EU fail to agree on a deal, all goods traded between the UK and the EU from January 1st 2021 will default to being traded on “WTO terms”.

Under World Trade Organisation (WTO) Terms – the tariffs charged by the EU on goods from the UK will be the same as those charged to all the other countries that the EU does not have a free-trade agreement (FTA) with . This is often referred to as trading ‘on WTO terms’.

These “Third Country” tariffs/duties are already in place between the EU and several other countries (the USA for example). So we can check what the rates of Irish customs duty will be on specific products from Jan 2021.

There is more on the page

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

it's getting busier now. usually i have my parcel in the locker within 24 hours reaching the depot
    now it takes 2 to 3 days before they put in the locker

One of my packages has (finally) a UPS tracking number associated with it (as of 8.30pm tonight). Looks like deliveries to the UK are starting to move again.....maybe!

It'd be interesting to see if the physical parcel arrives way ahead of the tracking or not. (Last check just there still doesn't have any further tracking events)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gally79

dan786 wrote: »
    Parcel Motel seems to be leaving it to the last minute to announce their plan. Parcel Wizard already shut and Addresspal have already communicated changes from 1st January. If PM was closing down completely surely they would have told customers by now of a cut of date for deliveries.

I assume it will all depend on the agreement concerning goods entering Northern Ireland from mainland UK. There shouldn't be any customs checks between North and the South of Ireland. But that will all depend on the ongoing trade deal talks between UK and the EU.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭Dub81

5star02707 wrote: »
    it's getting busier now. usually i have my parcel in the locker within 24 hours reaching the depot
    now it takes 2 to 3 days before they put in the locker

5 days now and still waiting, DPD parcel wizard were so much faster and cheaper

Dub81 wrote: »
    5 days now and still waiting, DPD parcel wizard were so much faster and cheaper

same, my parcels arrived on Thursday at the Dublin depot but have still not been stored.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

Gally79 wrote: »
    same, my parcels arrived on Thursday at the Dublin depot but have still not been stored.

I'm having a worse issue here.

O5Qvckd.png

Arrived on the 8th, hasn't been stored in a locker yet and now it's marked as delivered. I'm already onto their support to try and find out where my parcel is.

3wayswitch wrote: »

O5Qvckd.png

Arrived on the 8th, hasn't been stored in a locker yet and now it's marked as delivered. I'm already onto their support to try and find out where my parcel is.

Ring them - 1890 321 890

• Advertisement

3wayswitch wrote: »

O5Qvckd.png

Be warned, if you item does turn up again, you will be charged for another stay! Cheeky gits have done this to me before!

Advertisement