Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,576 ✭✭✭micks_address

Fwarder wrote: »
    "Return to sender" i guess.

Fingers crossed the next day service comes through

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Already a PM thread, and stickiy about the latest announcements

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭obi604

Hi

I am a first time user of parcel motel.

I believe it will cost me 4.50 for shipping to the uk virtual address.

How do I pay this? Can I simply just pay 4.50 and that’s it or do I have to top up by more?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,915 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

obi604 wrote: »
    Hi

I am a first time user of parcel motel.

I believe it will cost me 4.50 for shipping to the uk virtual address.

How do I pay this? Can I simply just pay 4.50 and that’s it or do I have to top up by more?
    Errr... you might want to have a read of the last couple of pages of this thread...

Thargor wrote: »
    Errr... you might want to have a read of the last couple of pages of this thread...

If I order today, My post should be here by the 28th December, when the parcel motel Brexit stuff happens.

My question still stands though. Can I top up by just 4.50?

• Advertisement

If I order today, My post should be here by the 28th December, when the parcel motel Brexit stuff happens.

My question still stands though. Can I top up by just 4.50?

You don't need to top up at all..you can link your card and they debit it when they get a parcel..I don't think I'd chance it to be honest now. Post is delayed everywhere with volume..

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Fwarder

Just for general guidance...still waiting for 2 deliveries from 9/12, 3 from 11/12,....

So I really wouldn't risk with ordering anything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Had a box shipped to parcel motel today with an edd of the 26th. Got an email from them today after the fact to say they're closing. Poor form from Parcel Motel to give such short notice. Parcel Wizard announced their closure ages ago, giving people lots of notice.

Parcel could well be rejected now. Bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Agent_47

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

I only used Parcel Motel for the UK address. With that gone, so the main service cancelled, should they refund remaining funds in my account minus the 4.50 bonus?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

With that short notice, they really have a duty to process parcels that were posted prior to the email -even if it requires duty being paid, they need to follow through. If anything has tempted me to lower myself and ring joe Duffy, this is it. Nighline are still going be operating so reputation will still be important to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I'm fuming.

I've a parcel on the way from Czech Republic since 11th November. Its been sent to the UK but seems to have gone into a postal black hole there. No idea where it is or when it's coming.

Such short notice there is nothing I can do.

Will the refund the balance on accounts as they've ended the service?

You don't need to top up at all..you can link your card and they debit it when they get a parcel..I don't think I'd chance it to be honest now. Post is delayed everywhere with volume..

Thanks. According to amazon the thing I’m thinking of buying will be delivered by “Prime” on the 21st Dec.

But that’s probably extreme wishful thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭VG31

corkie wrote: »
    None that would be cost effective, here is examples of overpriced services: -

https://www.mailboxde.com

https://mygermany.com

I've used Mailboxde and to be fair it's not overpriced. They charge the actual cost of the shipping service you choose plus a small service fee.

It's obviously going to cost a lot more to ship from Germany to Ireland than Northern Ireland to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Dublinandy3

I buy a lot of stuff for presents for family’s in the uk. Even stuff with guaranteed next day or 48 hour delivery has been taking up to a week and 2 weeks to arrive.

I hope everyone’s parcels get to parcel motel in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JimmyCorkhill

Any alternative to Parcel Motel for UK deliveries? Or are all similar operations suspending their services?

Any alternative to Parcel Motel for UK deliveries? Or are all similar operations suspending their services?

Address pal is still up and running and will deliver post brexit as well it seems

Address pal is still up and running and will deliver post brexit as well it seems

Thanks, do they open & repackage the goods?

Why would they do that? :/

All of my parcels so far arrived in orig.box...now with brexit who knows how this will look like.

Hopefully Boris changes his mind and decides to stay in EU for a bit :D Or Ursula and Boris come up with another extension :)

Why would they do that? :/

All of my parcels so far arrived in orig.box...now with brexit who knows how this will look like.

Hopefully Boris changes his mind and decides to stay in EU for a bit :D Or Ursula and Boris come up with another extension :)

Had Parcel Motel do it a couple of times previously

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭scotchy

They have also been doing the same service from the US for years, so they are used to collecting any duty that is due.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

It’s in their T&Cs that they will open parcels, as they have an extensive list of prohibited articles. Check the forum charter for helpful advice about do' and don'ts. They don’t repack.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,912 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I haven't heard anything back about my refund since 17/11. Sent a follow up a few times and nothing. Absolute joke of a company imo, regardless of how busy it is. I definitely will never be using them again, and don't see a point now as they're not continuing post-Brexit. I will also actively be putting people I know off from using them. Don't know what the story is with Parcel Wizard, but even if I don't have an alternative, I will be telling people to not use them (and Nightline if possible, because they're the same company so feck em). They're now up there with Flexi-Rent/Fi/whatever they call themselves now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Hmmm they left it very late. Might open a paypal dispute on my recent 35e top up. Going by how they haven't replied to my last 2 emails after weeks don't think they would reply to a top up refund.

I ordered something earlier today using royal mail next day delivery from England to northern ireland. I'm assuming it might take a few days to get there with Christmas volumes. What happens if it doesn't arrive by Thursday?

Will it go back to retailer?

Used

Service used:

Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed 1pm™

Delivered to parcel motel this morning. That's pretty impressive. Was only posted yesterday afternoon from midlands uk.

Delivered to parcel motel this morning. That's pretty impressive. Was only posted yesterday afternoon from midlands uk.

That’s good. Supposedly with amazon prime I will get my item by the 21st. But seems a bit risky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭vandriver

That’s good. Supposedly with amazon prime I will get my item by the 21st. But seems a bit risky.

Why are you involving Amazon prime with parcel motel?
    They deliver to your house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

vandriver wrote: »

Because Amazon prioritizes uk orders at peak times. Ireland is supposed to have 2 day delivery but at moment nearly all items estimated to take a week or longer. Same thing last christmas and black friday. They take their time dispatching Ireland orders to make sure they can keep up with processing 1 day delivery for uk customers. Nearly everything sold by amazon, you can have delivered to parcel motel by monday/tuesday whereas they're all early Jan for Ireland even with prime 'priority' delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭vandriver

spix wrote: »
    Because Amazon prioritizes uk orders at peak times. Ireland is supposed to have 2 day delivery but at moment nearly all items estimated to take a week or longer. Same thing last christmas and black friday. They take their time dispatching Ireland orders to make sure they can keep up with processing 1 day delivery for uk customers. Nearly everything sold by amazon, you can have delivered to parcel motel by monday/tuesday whereas they're all early Jan for Ireland even with prime 'priority' delivery.
    Literally not true.

• Advertisement

vandriver wrote: »

Not for the firestick

Advertisement