Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭thegift06

So I just received an email back today after I logged the issue 2 + weeks ago. Parcel motel signed for my package from dpd and then they told me that the parcel was damaged so they disposed of it. They are now asking me to contact the seller for a refund. Absolute joke. Why did they accept the parcel on my behalf of it was damaged. And why didn't they refuse it. Also they could have returned it on my behalf and received a full refund from the seller but how is this fair on me now. The seller won't give me a refund because Parcel motel accepted the delivery.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

thegift06 wrote: »
    So I just received an email back today after I logged the issue 2 + weeks ago. Parcel motel signed for my package from dpd and then they told me that the parcel was damaged so they disposed of it. They are now asking me to contact the seller for a refund. Absolute joke. Why did they accept the parcel on my behalf of it was damaged. And why didn't they refuse it. Also they could have returned it on my behalf and received a full refund from the seller but how is this fair on me now. The seller won't give me a refund because Parcel motel accepted the delivery.

Might it have caused a problem with leaks, or something?

whiterebel wrote: »
    Might it have caused a problem with leaks, or something?

Yeh but then why accept it? If it was refused I would have received a full refund. It was accepted and then disposed of without my knowledge. So I'm out of pocket of 65 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Yeh but then why accept it? If it was refused I would have received a full refund. It was accepted and then disposed of without my knowledge. So I'm out of pocket of 65 euro

Once they accepted it you'd imagine they would be liable to refund you.

The fact they never bothered to contact you until you went looking is terrible.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

These places are up the walls at the moment. That could well have been part of a pallet/cage/crate of parcels delivered in to them. It may not be evident until they move it themselves. They should have told you, but if it is on the list of goods that they won't carry, such as liquids, then you have no comeback.

• Advertisement

These places are up the walls at the moment. That could well have been part of a pallet/cage/crate of parcels delivered in to them. It may not be evident until they move it themselves. They should have told you, but if it is on the list of goods that they won't carry, such as liquids, then you have no comeback.

I understand there up the walls but I don't think I should be punished for that reason. Yes you are correct it is on this list BUT if they just returned the item on my behalf back to DPD I would have got my full refund from the seller. But instead by disposing of it I am the one who loses out here. I put my trust in parcel motel to accept our reject packages due to their condition. In this case they accepted a damaged package on my behalf. Not only that but it took them 2 weeks to tell me they disposed of it. Now I can't even order a replacement for Christmas because the items are now out of stock.

I understand there up the walls but I don't think I should be punished for that reason. Yes you are correct it is on this list BUT if they just returned the item on my behalf back to DPD I would have got my full refund from the seller. But instead by disposing of it I am the one who loses out here. I put my trust in parcel motel to accept our reject packages due to their condition. In this case they accepted a damaged package on my behalf. Not only that but it took them 2 weeks to tell me they disposed of it. Now I can't even order a replacement for Christmas because the items are now out of stock.

You shipped something that they don't allow, that's the reason you're being "punished". They probably disposed of it once it was discovered to be damaged, as any courier would be refuse to ship it back, particularly if it's liquid. The only thing they did wrong was to not tell you about it.

Parcel Motel put their trust in you not to ship prohibited products on their service. I have seen a lot of people saying they ship alcohol etc on these services. This is what happens when it goes wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I guess if you shipped a banned product, that leaves you with little to complain about. You took a chance, it didn't work out, take it on the chin & move on.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I actually got an email the other day letting me know that they’ve reviewed my info and will be processing my claim.
    I asked for a refund on the cost of sending the parcel and they said it was “zero rated” and I wasn’t charged. But I definitely was! What do they mean by zero rated, does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,730 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

jlm29 wrote: »
    I actually got an email the other day letting me know that they’ve reviewed my info and will be processing my claim.
    I asked for a refund on the cost of sending the parcel and they said it was “zero rated” and I wasn’t charged. But I definitely was! What do they mean by zero rated, does anyone know?

Yes, it means they’re full of shjt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭up4dabah

Just curious if extending liability with parcel motel will cover a package that is supposedly in their depot. Mod - <SNIP>

I'm sure you know the answer to this yourself. It's already registered on their system.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭up4dabah

I'm sure you know the answer to this yourself. It's already registered on their system.

If I knew the answer I wouldn't be on here asking. What I want to know is, does it cover a package before it's decalared missing. Or are they going to say, not it's only packages ayour order after extending. It's not very clear. From the tracking, the package is simply sitting in their warehouse gathering dust with no issues. But I have a feeling something is up. You might say, well just pay the extra money. I use parcel motel so much I'd be paying a lot of money contantly choosing this option.

It's fairly clear cut here: "If you are ordering or sending parcels that are worth more than €100 you can avail of three extended liability options for the duration of 14 days." Take it out beforehand is quite clear from that. No-one allows you to take out insurance after the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Beric Dondarrion

Quick question. Has anyone ever managed to get a sent parcel back from a PM locker before it went in to the PM delivery system?

I've a sent parcel stuck in a locker for over 2 days now. No sign of it moving anytime soon and this needs to be in the UK by the end of the week. Can I reclaim my package to make alternative sending arrangements. Confidence in PM's delivery capabilities is low due to an email I received late Friday about previous sent packages....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭gar

I have 3 items been sent with PM for out over a week now. All saying Dublin outbound for at least 5 days. On to NI and other to England. Absolutely crazy no sign of movement especially the NI bound one

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭dkd21

What kind of delay are people experiencing at the moment from Dublin depot to locker ? Im in Dublin and waiting 5 days since it was accepted into the Dublin depot.. I'm patient enough and don't want to be adding to their customer service ticket list if needed but would also like my parcel..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Beric Dondarrion

gar wrote: »
    I have 3 items been sent with PM for out over a week now. All saying Dublin outbound for at least 5 days. On to NI and other to England. Absolutely crazy no sign of movement especially the NI bound one

The email I received on Friday said there was a backlog due to their scanners being broken. Nothing has left the Dublin depot in days......not looking good. I've 4 parcels stuck there for over a week at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭samo

I’ve a sent parcel to UK at outbound delivery since Dec 2nd and no answer or response to emails since 8th, it’s being sent back for refund too so not happy at a cost of 15euro to send!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

An update on my experience.

I went to the depot, all correspondence printed off, call logs, emails, etc. Spoke to reception said I wanted to speak to a manager immediately.

Manager came out, listened to me, went back inside, came back, said parcel was lost and they'd offer a refund. Told him they'd want to offer a refund and more for the absolute waste of time and hassle I went through just to get told I'd be offered a refund and politely indicated that the item in question was a couple of hundred euro and if they didn't pay it in full (I know they have insurance for certain amounts and the item was over this) I'd be going through small claims as quite clearly someone at the depot had stolen my item and I highly doubt that their "insurance" would cover themselves for staff stealing items rather than items just being damaged in transit.

Rushed back inside and came back out ten minutes later with my parcel.

I wonder how it only managed to appear within the last ten minutes of the interaction after 5 weeks of back and forth of queries of nobody knowing where it was.

EDIT: to clarify, they did respond on the 29th asking for an invoice of my purchase, to which I provided numerous times every 3 days after that until my visit to the depot.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Once they accepted it you'd imagine they would be liable to refund you.

The fact they never bothered to contact you until you went looking is terrible.
    Not if it's an item that they've classed as prohibited in their T&Cs.

I'd imagine stuff is coming into them from other couriers by the cage-load every day and they simply can't inspect every item individually on arrival.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Dublinandy3

I know this is going off topic slightly and I know they are super busy but it’s worrying their comms or marketing departments haven’t said anything about it yet, I know equivalent services have.

Do you think they could just cut off that part of their service without warning?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I know this is going off topic slightly and I know they are super busy but it’s worrying their comms or marketing departments haven’t said anything about it yet, I know equivalent services have.

Do you think they could just cut off that part of their service without warning?
    They do it every year. November to Jan they just bury their heads and ignore everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

My own fault for leaving it so late, they aren't urgent but Ive 5 items saying delivery to PM was on the 9th and none have been checked in yet.

Got some of the others.

I know there is no point emailing them. Just have to wait and hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭foxy_j

Hi,
    Does anyone know how late can you change your locker pick up location.
    Can you do it once the package is checked in to the Dublin depot?

Just I'm going home for Christmas and I'm waiting on a package from the Uk. I'll want to redirect it to another locker location if it arrives in while I'm away.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

Hi
    Apologies if this has been asked and answered before.First time using parcel motel.
    I am getting an item delivered to Newtownabbey, the courier has emailed saying they will need a signature when they deliver it there. What way does that work with parcel motel?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

normally that would be fine. However, with Covid they aren't signing for it most of the time but you should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If its booze/meds then they might have an issue. If its just POD then its fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

foxy_j wrote: »
    Hi,
    Does anyone know how late can you change your locker pick up location.
    Can you do it once the package is checked in to the Dublin depot?

Just I'm going home for Christmas and I'm waiting on a package from the Uk. I'll want to redirect it to another locker location if it arrives in while I'm away.

Thanks

You can change it any time online but if the pack scanned before u did this it will go to the location you had previously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

Don't even know what pod is🀔
    It's a watch so hopefully all will be good. Thanks for the help

Advertisement