Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

How long are the current delays with PM? I pre-ordered something back at the start of October that got delivered this morning. Pity I didn't have the foresight to use Parcel Wizard but of course with them closing soon it would have been a very nervous last week or two.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

I've gotten 2 parcels I. 3 days this week.
    And one I paid for DHL next day toto Belfast only in Dublin now so 6 days

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

sasta le wrote: »
    I've gotten 2 parcels I. 3 days this week.
    And one I paid for DHL next day toto Belfast only in Dublin now so 6 days

Yikes, parcel i wanted to cancel the order for landed from UK retailer night, hopefully it gets to the locker down here this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭kalych

Few parcels deposited with about 2-3 day average delay after landing in the Dublin depot for me which seems very decent considering the Christmas rush started early this year. Only 3 more small ones to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

Does anyone else notice when topping up on the website you can only top up by minimum €11 which is ridiculous. Usually you could just pay the €4.50 and that was it. Bit expensive now if you ask me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,832 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Does anyone else notice when topping up on the website you can only top up by minimum €11 which is ridiculous. Usually you could just pay the €4.50 and that was it. Bit expensive now if you ask me.

Why top up?

Picked mine up this morning! :D Nice going Parcel Motel.

Seve OB wrote: »
    Why top up?

Exactly, I only get it to charge my revolute card as and when I have a parcel using the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

Seve OB wrote: »
    Why top up?

I mean if I want to just collect one parcel I’d pay €4.50 and not have to top up by a minimum of €11?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭kalych

I mean if I want to just collect one parcel I’d pay €4.50 and not have to top up by a minimum of €11?

If you add a debit card to your account PM will just debit €4.50 from your added card for each parcel and you don't actually have to top up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭johnire

Hi all.
    Just wondering if anyone can help me with a couple of questions?
    I know you have 48 hours to collect a delivery and if you don't it's returned to the local Depot. What I want to know is what happens then? Is it as simple as making an arrangement with them to deliver on a day that I know I'll definitely be able to collect it with the 48 hour time span?
    Also am I right to say they don't work on a Sunday? If that's the case what happens for example if a delivery is stored at for example 7 am on a Friday morning. The 48 hours is up at 7 am on the Sunday.... is the delivery not brought back until the Monday meaning it's still physically in the locker but if you went to collect at say 3 pm on the Sunday afternoon you couldn't get it as the code wouy have expired?
    Sorry for all the questions but Thank you because of circumstances Ive a very limited window to collect from my delivery location and I can't find any answers on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

johnire wrote: »
    Hi all.
    Just wondering if anyone can help me with a couple of questions?
    I know you have 48 hours to collect a delivery and if you don't it's returned to the local Depot. What I want to know is what happens then? Is it as simple as making an arrangement with them to deliver on a day that I know I'll definitely be able to collect it with the 48 hour time span?
    Also am I right to say they don't work on a Sunday? If that's the case what happens for example if a delivery is stored at for example 7 am on a Friday morning. The 48 hours is up at 7 am on the Sunday.... is the delivery not brought back until the Monday meaning it's still physically in the locker but if you went to collect at say 3 pm on the Sunday afternoon you couldn't get it as the code wouy have expired?
    Sorry for all the questions but Thank you because of circumstances Ive a very limited window to collect from my delivery location and I can't find any answers on their site.

hi, they'll take it away, charges you and text you again in a couple of days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Ordered from UK last Tues, arrived Antrim yesterday, was in parcel locker at 7.30 tonight (Kildare Town)

I think it really is down to location.

Yikes, parcel i wanted to cancel the order for landed from UK retailer night, hopefully it gets to the locker down here this week.

Just got notification saying i can collect- happy days.

Think that was 3 days from getting to the Dublin depot and 6 since it left the UK retailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,018 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

They do work and collect Sundays. If you don't collect it they will return and reprocess it up to 3 more times and charge you each time. Suiting you is never a factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Finally got my 1500 refund from Parcel Motel today for a parcel delivered to them end of October. They in fact has first send the refund to wrong paypal email so I wonder what happens there as some lucky guy got free 1500.

The processed it to correct email today and I have received it. Looks like I am done shopping from UK mostly depending on how customs work come January.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dropzone

Anyone know the average time it takes parcel motel to respond to an email? I received someone else's parcel at the weekend, I thought I would have heard back from them on Monday.

Has anyone else been in the same situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CH3OH

dropzone wrote: »
    Anyone know the average time it takes parcel motel to respond to an email? I received someone else's parcel at the weekend, I thought I would have heard back from them on Monday.

I emailed them on Friday but didn't hear anything today. I rang them today and was on hold for 30 minutes. I'm waiting on a parcel that was delivered last Tuesday and was logged in Dublin on Wednesday. It is still " in transit".
    The girl I spoke to said that there was a huge backlog for my chosen location.
    They seem swamped

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭irishfemme

I got some items a week ago, cost €315, it was delivered to PM very early on Friday(4th - 7.30am) morning by Royal Mail, and I am yet to hear anything, not even the usual email with picture. I am starting to worry, as I always get an image the same day it's delivered to them.
    I have emailed them but no response.
    I have used PM since inception and never had a single issue before, I hope its just a delayed parcel.

irishfemme wrote: »
    I got some items a week ago, cost €315, it was delivered to PM very early on Friday(4th - 7.30am) morning by Royal Mail, and I am yet to hear anything, not even the usual email with picture. I am starting to worry, as I always get an image the same day it's delivered to them.
    I have used PM since inception and never had a single issue before, I hope its just a delayed parcel.

I had a parcel delivered on the 5th and got an email this evening with the pic. I'd say its just the sheer volume at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭irishfemme

So, I actually got the picture of my parcel an hour after writing this, I was worrying over nothing. Thanks
    irishfemme wrote: »

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Anyone know what their turnaround time is at the moment? Parcel arrived last Thursday, got the email on Friday, and still says in transit!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Just about 3 days for me to arrive in the motel from when it arrived with them, 60 hours or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Dublinandy3

dropzone wrote: »

I tend to message them on Twitter then tweet at them that they've got a msg from me. Usually reply in a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Old_-_School

If you order something from Spain, do you have to pay customs duty on it in the UK?
    I'm not sure if the post-Brexit customs duty is in force or not?
    The item I bought was a watch and it seems to have been rejected by UK Customs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

LizardKing wrote: »
    10 days now. No response to the find my parcel case I opened and no replies from emails to support. :confused:

Frustrating , T'was a Christmas present so have time to replace it but they should be replying to customers.

Anyone experience filing a claim for lost parcel?

17 days now , responded to them today for an update.

I am expecting the parcel has been lost/robbed.

Happy not everyone is experiencing the same problems.

I guess I have to lodge a claim now for the lost package .. I will be closing my account and looking for refund of the credit I have

I will have to buy another present before Xmas too

I will ring again if they do not respond to the email to case in a few days.

Pain in the hole :mad::(:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Awaiting a Nightline delivery of a parcel. Has been stuck at the Limerick depot since December 1st.

Any idea what the following comment on the tracking might mean - "LIB - Nightline delay [E3]"

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

If you order something from Spain, do you have to pay customs duty on it in the UK?
    I'm not sure if the post-Brexit customs duty is in force or not?
    The item I bought was a watch and it seems to have been rejected by UK Customs

No you don’t. They can seize what they believe to be counterfeit products.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I tend to message them on Twitter then tweet at them that they've got a msg from me. Usually reply in a few hours.

Tried it and no response. I'll wait until the end of the week. Give them a full week. I know they're busy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

FYI:

Irish Amazon buyers may be hit with post-Brexit charges

Read more...

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement