Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

wilser wrote: »
    Don't even know what pod is��
    It's a watch so hopefully all will be good. Thanks for the help

Proof of delivery. If its expensive did you take out their insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 cheeto

Still haven’t heard back from them after them removing the Parcel Motel collection point with my package in it. They promised it’d be moved to a nearby location but it’s listed as Expired for over a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

whiterebel wrote: »
    Proof of delivery. If its expensive did you take out their insurance?

It's not that expensive, €80. Didn't take out insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Nicks delight

They seem to have lost an item that was marked "Delivered" on the 21st May by Royal Mail. I have the tracking number and everything.

Same happened to me. Bought a computer part from Amazon and they shipped it with Royal Mail. I have a tracking number by Royal Mail and they delivered my parcel and it was signed by Parcel Motel yet they never acknowledged they got it like they usually do. Same as you, I also had another parcel delivered to them on the same day and they sent me an email to tell me it had arrived so something seemed not right with the other parcel.

Parcel Motel do not answer the phone and have not replied to my email apart from the standard email saying someone will call in the next tree days. NO-ONE CALLED. As far as Amazon is concerned this parcel is no longer their responsibility.

I have tried everything I possibly can to get a response from Parcel Motel but nothing. I seems to have "lost" well over 350 euro and gained a ruined Christmas. Cant afford to buy a new computer part.

The cynical part of me reflecting on my dealings with Parcel Motel and their behavior. I find it strange that it is the most expensive parcel out of all the parcels that just happens to disappear. I thinking of another choice word than "lost". I checked on another review website and found that it seems to be many many other people that are victims to the same fate as me. Will give it another month and then ill seek legal action to get some of the money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Stephen Gawking

The level of thievery in parcel motel is (allegedly) staggering. I have been awaiting 2 separate deliveries, 1 from 6 weeks ago & 1 from 14 weeks ago. Only 1 came from the UK. Customer is beyond shocking & I've been treated with absolutely nothing but contempt. I established that the 2nd delivery was received & signed for in NI, Shipped to Dublin & when i started enquiring i got sent an email with a pboto of said package.
    Several weeks later i ended up in their lobby in finglas only to be eventually told they don't know where it is. It may be back in NI, maybe Santry (?) Or finglas & that they'll look for it again. This is beyond maddening. Has anyone ever had any joy with them? Anyone gone down the legal route or is that even possible? Or worthwhile? Suffice to say that its the last time I'll ever be using them. A joke of a company.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

Same happened to me. Bought a computer part from Amazon and they shipped it with Royal Mail. I have a tracking number by Royal Mail and they delivered my parcel and it was signed by Parcel Motel yet they never acknowledged they got it like they usually do. Same as you, I also had another parcel delivered to them on the same day and they sent me an email to tell me it had arrived so something seemed not right with the other parcel.

Parcel Motel do not answer the phone and have not replied to my email apart from the standard email saying someone will call in the next tree days. NO-ONE CALLED. As far as Amazon is concerned this parcel is no longer their responsibility.

I have tried everything I possibly can to get a response from Parcel Motel but nothing. I seems to have "lost" well over 350 euro and gained a ruined Christmas. Cant afford to buy a new computer part.

The cynical part of me reflecting on my dealings with Parcel Motel and their behavior. I find it strange that it is the most expensive parcel out of all the parcels that just happens to disappear. I thinking of another choice word than "lost". I checked on another review website and found that it seems to be many many other people that are victims to the same fate as me. Will give it another month and then ill seek legal action to get some of the money back.

How did you top-up your PM account? If it's PayPal, raise a case and escalate it to a claim. If you used a card, tell your bank or Visa/Mastercard that you want to do a chargeback. They can't stay in business if they lose access to PayPal or card payments. Hit them where it hurts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

An update on my experience.

I went to the depot, all correspondence printed off, call logs, emails, etc. Spoke to reception said I wanted to speak to a manager immediately.

Manager came out, listened to me, went back inside, came back, said parcel was lost and they'd offer a refund. Told him they'd want to offer a refund and more for the absolute waste of time and hassle I went through just to get told I'd be offered a refund and politely indicated that the item in question was a couple of hundred euro and if they didn't pay it in full (I know they have insurance for certain amounts and the item was over this) I'd be going through small claims as quite clearly someone at the depot had stolen my item and I highly doubt that their "insurance" would cover themselves for staff stealing items rather than items just being damaged in transit.

Rushed back inside and came back out ten minutes later with my parcel.

I wonder how it only managed to appear within the last ten minutes of the interaction after 5 weeks of back and forth of queries of nobody knowing where it was.

EDIT: to clarify, they did respond on the 29th asking for an invoice of my purchase, to which I provided numerous times every 3 days after that until my visit to the depot.

That is shocking, did you ask him how he found it all of a sudden?

I used both. Have now removed my card details from there as i cant follow their logic with charges on my account at times and question their accuracy of charges. at least with paypal they cant use my authorisation or money apart from what i deposit in to the parcel account.

46 Long wrote: »
    How did you top-up your PM account? If it's PayPal, raise a case and escalate it to a claim. If you used a card, tell your bank or Visa/Mastercard that you want to do a chargeback. They can't stay in business if they lose access to PayPal or card payments. Hit them where it hurts.

Its hard to open a claim when there is no one that respond to your calls/emails. There is no line of communication, only waiting loops and automatic curtsy emails and no insight to any possible action they might or might not take. so how to get money for your lost item seems a mystery to me....apart from taking them to court when you can prove that you have exhausted all other means.

I suppose you are right about reversing charges. If they don't deliver then why pay a delivery charge. but...they usually charge me when when my parcel arrives in Norther Ireland and transported to Dublin (in my case) so if it is lost in Dublin then....well, what do i know; I'm not a legal expert. :confused: I will have to read up on this. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭harmless

An update on my experience.

I went to the depot, all correspondence printed off, call logs, emails, etc. Spoke to reception said I wanted to speak to a manager immediately.

Manager came out, listened to me, went back inside, came back, said parcel was lost and they'd offer a refund. Told him they'd want to offer a refund and more for the absolute waste of time and hassle I went through just to get told I'd be offered a refund and politely indicated that the item in question was a couple of hundred euro and if they didn't pay it in full (I know they have insurance for certain amounts and the item was over this) I'd be going through small claims as quite clearly someone at the depot had stolen my item and I highly doubt that their "insurance" would cover themselves for staff stealing items rather than items just being damaged in transit.

Rushed back inside and came back out ten minutes later with my parcel.

I wonder how it only managed to appear within the last ten minutes of the interaction after 5 weeks of back and forth of queries of nobody knowing where it was.

EDIT: to clarify, they did respond on the 29th asking for an invoice of my purchase, to which I provided numerous times every 3 days after that until my visit to the depot.

This may help, it's the terms and conditions you enter into with parcel motel.

https://parcelmotel.com/terms/

Our Liability howsoever arising and notwithstanding that the cause of any theft, loss or damage be explained or unexplained shall not exceed:
    a) The replacement value of any goods or merchandise stolen, lost or damaged OR
    b) EUR €100 (one hundred euro) whichever shall be the least

So you can get back €100 in your case, which is about as much liability coverage you can expect from this type of service.
    I understand taking the risk on expensive items with parcel motel, I do it too sometimes and it's pure luck that it has worked out for me.

• Advertisement

[QUOTE=So you can get back €100 in your case, which is about as much liability coverage you can expect from this type of service.
    I understand taking the risk on expensive items with parcel motel, I do it too sometimes and it's pure luck that it has worked out for me.[/QUOTE]

That is correct and you can buy extra liability coverage. Still, i think its time for a change. If they want to make money transporting my product they should have more responsibility for it. Otherwise it is just a license to neglect, to steal and so on, if there is no consequence for the delivery companies. Time to speak to government officials. Time for petitions. time to be annoying and ask questions. Change never came around by being quiet and compliant.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭harmless

That is correct and you can buy extra liability coverage. Still, i think its time for a change. If they want to make money transporting my product they should have more responsibility for it. Otherwise it is just a license to neglect, to steal and so on, if there is no consequence for the delivery companies. Time to speak to government officials. Time for petitions. time to be annoying and ask questions. Change never came around by being quiet and compliant.:D

I completely agree but I think that will require change in legislation as there is no incentive for the companies to change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

Its hard to open a claim when there is no one that respond to your calls/emails. There is no line of communication, only waiting loops and automatic curtsy emails and no insight to any possible action they might or might not take. so how to get money for your lost item seems a mystery to me....apart from taking them to court when you can prove that you have exhausted all other means.

I suppose you are right about reversing charges. If they don't deliver then why pay a delivery charge. but...they usually charge me when when my parcel arrives in Norther Ireland and transported to Dublin (in my case) so if it is lost in Dublin then....well, what do i know; I'm not a legal expert. :confused: I will have to read up on this. :)

You open the claim on PayPal. Find the last top-up and report an issue. PM won't respond so after a few days you escalate to a claim. PM still won't respond so eventually PayPal will decide in your favour and refund the payment you made. It's a legitimate complaint - you've paid for a service that they have failed to deliver.

This won't cover the loss of your parcel, but no company wants PayPal and the likes of Visa/Mastercard investigating them and potentially suspending access to their services after a deluge of customer complaints, chargebacks and a pattern of parcels mysteriously going missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭gar

gar wrote: »
    I have 3 items been sent with PM for out over a week now. All saying Dublin outbound for at least 5 days. On to NI and other to England. Absolutely crazy no sign of movement especially the NI bound one

Update on this, the parcel to England appeared but no update on the parcel Motel website. Parcel to NI has not appeared yet... Weird

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

What has happened a lot in the past is that PM has been delivered to PW and vice versa., as they are in the same estate. PW is closing on Friday, I’d be ringing their office.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

I too have a parcel which was going from PM to PM stuck for a week now (since the 8th) as "outbound - parcel motel dublin".

Long time user of PM and this is the first issue ever had with them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭Beric Dondarrion

viperlogic wrote: »
    I too have a parcel which was going from PM to PM stuck for a week now (since the 8th) as "outbound - parcel motel dublin".

I spoke with a representative for about 30 minutes yesterday due to me currently having 4 packages in an outbound state since the 2nd of December. He was adamant that the issue had been fixed and they were working through the backlog. This is the same story I was told last Friday by another Parcel Motel rep!

The intended recipients of these packages have been in touch about the whereabouts of their items and I'd say its just a matter of time before I have to start issuing refunds. Do I have any comeback about this (small claims etc)? Or is it a case of hoping that the parcels come back to me if they aren't shipped?

Worst experience with PM in all my years of using them...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

pm1977x wrote: »
    That is shocking, did you ask him how he found it all of a sudden?

He said it was sitting atop a pile of items that had to be returned to an available locker to which I asked how come it wasn't seen before and why was I told it was lost etc. Just apologized for the experience and didn't answer the last part.

Shame really.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,043 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Thanks to this thread I sent my most recent package to Parcel Wizard rather than my usual Parcel Motel.

Arrived in NI on Saturday, out for delivery this morning. Wish I'd used it more rather than PM, they've officially shut down the service but they are handling parcels that were in transit so mine was covered. Not sure I'd ever have received it if I used PM as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭foxy_j

I spoke with a representative for about 30 minutes yesterday due to me currently having 4 packages in an outbound state since the 2nd of December. He was adamant that the issue had been fixed and they were working through the backlog. This is the same story I was told last Friday by another Parcel Motel rep!

The intended recipients of these packages have been in touch about the whereabouts of their items and I'd say its just a matter of time before I have to start issuing refunds. Do I have any comeback about this (small claims etc)? Or is it a case of hoping that the parcels come back to me if they aren't shipped?

Your insured up to €100 per package with PM. So if they lose your parcels they have to reimburse you. So if you do end up having to refund the buyers you'll be covered. Hopefully though they are just delayed somewhere.

PM lost one item so far in all the time I've been using them. I was returning a purchase to a retailer a couple years ago. I sent then over the invoice for the purchase and they refunded me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Commissar

So trying to buy from the UK using PM (& DHL) is proving very frustrating.

Tried to buy an Apple HomePod from their UK store and arrange the delivery to an ROI address has left me in Limbo since the 4th.

According to DHL ...
    - 04th December 2020 17:10 Your parcel [...] is out for delivery
    - 04th December 2020 09:30 Your parcel [...] is delivered
    so at 9AM it was "Delivered" but at 5PM it was "Out for delivery"?
    To their, very limited, credit DHL did respond to my queries once but only to acknowledge that I asked a question, not to answer it and I don't see any straightforward way to contact PM at all.

Given the ambiguity of the situation, does anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed?
    Should I try to call PM directly - they seem to have a Belfast office?
    Is it normal that PM are so slow to respond or acknowledge package receipt? Another user on the Apple forum mentioned that PM might be 4 to 6 weeks behind!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

Same issue here I'm about to loose out on 2.000 euros over a laptop.
    Was it that Kylie girl you were speaking with?

Mine have been stuck since the 2nd also, I have until the 17th or the dispute will end the buyers favour, no response over my extended liability claim.

Same issue here I'm about to loose out on 2.000 euros over a laptop.
    Was it that Kylie girl you were speaking with?

Mine have been stuck since the 2nd also, I have until the 17th or the dispute will end the buyers favour, no response over my extended liability claim.

I've dealt with 4 different people at this stage. She is one of them. It doesn't take 2 weeks to fix an issue like they've described, sounds like there is something else at play (maybe this is how they plan to wind down their business). Anyway, I think I'm going to see if I can get my packages back and make alternative arrangements if possible. I'll also be pushing for the €70 I paid to have these shipped to the UK in "2 to 3 business days".....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭AuldDaysul

viperlogic wrote: »

Pretty much the same issue, PM to PM parcel sitting in Finglas depot since the 5th, marked as outbound twice, then released, then outbound again... Emailed them on the 11th, no response yet. Hopefully they start clearing stuff soon

foxy_j wrote: »
    Your insured up to €100 per package with PM. So if they lose your parcels they have to reimburse you. So if you do end up having to refund the buyers you'll be covered. Hopefully though they are just delayed somewhere.

PM lost one item so far in all the time I've been using them. I was returning a purchase to a retailer a couple years ago. I sent then over the invoice for the purchase and they refunded me.

This is different though. The packages aren't lost or damaged, they're just "stuck". Parcel Motel aren't delivering on the service they claim to offer. How long are people expected to wait when there is nothing but false information coming from them? "The issue is fixed", " the backlog is being cleared" " your parcel will be delivered within the next few days"......I don't believe a word of it at this stage. Hence my question about the small claims court.

I'm just wondering also if you waiting on a package shipped in december to PM and it arrives after the 31st of december are you liable for vat then? Seeing as you already paid the UK vat.

It would be unfair as there are shipping delays atm.

Thanks

foxy_j wrote: »
    I'm just wondering also if you waiting on a package shipped in december to PM and it arrives after the 31st of december are you liable for vat then? Seeing as you already paid the UK vat.

It would be unfair as there are shipping delays atm.

Thanks

Yes, you will. Unless it is a company who collects Irish VAT such as Amazon

whiterebel wrote: »
    Yes, you will. Unless it is a company who collects Irish VAT such as Amazon

Ah feck, hopefully it'll arrive into them at least by the 31st so then. I just checked and it actually hasn't been shipped yet, meant to be this week.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

gar wrote: »
    Update on this, the parcel to England appeared but no update on the parcel Motel website. Parcel to NI has not appeared yet... Weird

I sent two parcels last week (Tue 8th)

Destination Newry - loaded into locker 10:42, collected 15:58, hub in 9/12 22:53, inbound Belfast 10/12 07:43, on van 08:22, delivered 10:25 2 days

Destination Glasgow - loaded into locker 09:27, collected 15:57 - no further scans. Phoned just now and parcel is stuck in export backlog, supposedly being worked around/fixed. Estimated delivery late in the week or maybe next week. 5 working days and counting.

I'm not that fussed as long as they haven't lost it and it gets there eventually. (Had a small packet that took An Post 17 days to get from Galway to Kildare at the end of October/start of November, so every carrier seems to be overstretched)

• Advertisement

Someone posted this in a group I'm in so this sounds promising. So hopefully you might be ok if the order was placed before Decemeber 31st.

Advertisement