Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Iranian Nuclear Scientist Assassinated?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Who would win in an Iran-isreal conflict, would it be Russian back Iran against an American backed Israel

Israel ,they have being building and planning for the eventualities that iran may make a move at some stage ,they have being playing with iran for years , they've been killing Iranians in their thousands in Syria uncontested ,

You will hear claims of secret Iranian armies hiding under the ground and claims they have this and that ,but unless they take Israel in a few days they Risk more than just an army

If it's a model not real, how is this anyway relevant

Lol same old Cs ****e

They fired missles at an near empty base damaged some tents a blackhawk and a few hummers ,
    A few end up with concussion ,
    And shotdown a civilian airliner killing all on board
    Now all the US based have actual anti aircraft counter batteries ,

Yet Israel can fly to Iran and back , they target and attack Iranian military in Syria on a weekly basis ,and have shown that they can kill unimpeded in Iran at will.

Sinking model boats is fierce response

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Gatling wrote: »
    Israel ,they have being building and planning for the eventualities that iran may make a move at some stage ,they have being playing with iran for years , they've been killing Iranians in their thousands in Syria uncontested ,

You will hear claims of secret Iranian armies hiding under the ground and claims they have this and that ,but unless they take Israel in a few days they Risk more than just an army

They're called proxies with some affiliations to Iran. There no evidence Israel wiping out thousands of Iranians in Syria. They more than likely killing Syrians than Iranians. Syria army would likely be taken arm shipments from Iran and storing them in their bases. Israel hitting consignments guarded by Syrians. The fact the have to attack so often there likely not having great success. The Israel warplanes are spotted an hour before the attack over Lebanon and that gives plenty of opportunity to move assets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Cordell wrote: »
    An ideal honest safe world will be one without nuclear weapons. We can't have that yet, so the next best thing is a world in which only the western powers and their allies have them. One step at a time, first let's prevent the nutjobs from getting them (by any means necessary), and then, eventually, when it's safe for us to do so, let's get the whole world rid of them.

Oh yes, because the world before nuclear weapons was inherently safe and peaceful!

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

They're called proxies with some affiliations to Iran. There no evidence Israel wiping out thousands of Iranians in Syria.

The funerals of Iranian military officers and soldiers in Iran say otherwise.

Planes seen an hour over lebennon but yet they didn't see the Isreali jets over Tehran .

• Advertisement

Lol same old Cs ****e

They fired missles at an near empty base damaged some tents a blackhawk and a few hummers ,
    A few end up with concussion ,
    And shotdown a civilian airliner killing all on board
    Now all the US based have actual anti aircraft counter batteries ,

Yet Israel can fly to Iran and back , they target and attack Iranian military in Syria on a weekly basis ,and have shown that they can kill unimpeded in Iran at will.

Sinking model boats is fierce response

Iran attacked that base in Iraq because it was where the attack drone that killed Soleimani took off from and landed back there again. The Iranians hit the
    aircraft hangars to wipe it out and there powerful evidence the took out the command and control building for the drone. This was their response.

Pentagon acknowledged over 100 US soldiers had brain trauma and suffered affects from the powerful blasts inside the base. Hardly just a few soldiers. Some had to be flown to Germany for special treatment to recover.

A jumpy guy in an anti aircraft battery fired that missile. Mistakes happen. Iran was expecting a US response to the attack in Iraq.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Mullingar is the Tehran of Ireland

Is there a bobby sands burger franchise in mullingar?

🙈🙉🙊

Iran attacked that base in Iraq because it was where .

No

The funerals of Iranian military officers and soldiers in Iran say otherwise.

Planes seen an hour over lebennon but yet they didn't see the Isreali jets over Tehran .

Kuwait news publishes fake news and you fell for it. There was no F35 Jets buzzing Tehran for an hour unseen. You believed it anyhow.

There no doubt some Iranian advisors have got killed in Syria over the years, but you're saying thousands have and that's simply nonsense. Hezbollah fighting in Syria and after killing one of its members in a strike Israel apologized. Look it up. You are still convinced Israel killing thousands of Iran soldiers in Syria!

No

Gatling you can see from this publically available satellite images they took out hard structured buildings inside the base.

534427.png

I saw the before images and there was a building there before the attack. A very accurate missile demolished it. You can even see there aircraft, probably helicopters nearby on a strip. Iran said they attacked the control and command centre for the drone operation. It is not that hard to believe when you see the actual aftermath images.

• Advertisement

Kuwait news publishes fake news

Lol stick to 9/11 .

Fake news

Does anyone think this is an isolated hit or will be see further hits against prominent Iranians ,
    Top military commander and now top nuclear scientist ,
    Iran has been huffing and puffing it's going to do this and that yet Israel can hit their forces undeterred in Syria despite various threats from Russia ,
    And now we have Israel and turkey supporting Azerbaijan against Armenia ,
    And a very much weak and possibly dying Putin (Parkinson's and cancer ) can't be many russians lining up to fight for Syria and Iran especially knowing that you can be targeted 24/7 from Isreal and their US and other new found allies

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Irans record on minority rights is appalling

Iran stockpiled 12x the nuclear material its agreement with the West allowed.

Nuclear proliferation is not a good thing.

Yet the left wing snake that is eating itself thinks its OK for Itan to build nuclear weapons.

The protestation here is just wokeflake virtue signalling.

No better than the Irish BLM folks who don't care about the poor black people slaughtered by Government forces in Africa, or Muslims in concentration camps in China. Not cool enough for 1st year Arts Students apparently .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

Makes a change from Israel killing Palestinians

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭daheff

Pkiernan wrote: »
    How far left do you have to be to think that a nuclear Iran is a good thing?

Ffs

Or a nuclear any country?

My point is having the bomb is a major deterrence against an attack for any country by another country.

Rightly or wrongly. US/Russia/France/China/India/Pakistan/Iran/Israel/N Korea

All have bad points about their society. Why should some decide who can and cannot have nuclear technology?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭Cordell

Clearly neither USA nor Israel have no moral authority to tell Iran that they can't have nuclear weapons, but it's not about that at all.
    It's like the right to have guns in the USA, it's doesn't apply to people with mental health issues, not because the state have any moral authority to tell people not to have guns, but because it's dangerous to let some of them have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,071 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Cordell wrote: »
    Clearly neither USA nor Israel have no moral authority to tell Iran that they can't have nuclear weapons, but it's not about that at all.
    It's like the right to have guns in the USA, it's doesn't apply to people with mental health issues, not because the state have any moral authority to tell people not to have guns, but because it's dangerous to let some of them have one.

That's handy for you when you are the one deciding who is "mental" but you might not like it if someone else is doing the deciding and they decide that you are the mental one. You have blinkered vision and only see from the "me" perspective.

If I was an Iranian and living under constant threats and warmongering cries from a close enough neighbour in Israel and backed by their equally antagonistic US big brother then I'm sure I'd be a lot happier to have some nuclear weapons as a deterrent.

What are Iranians expected to do? Trust the US and Israel? The ones that assassinate their generals and scientists? Iran went in with boots on the ground against ISIS and did much of the hard work there. And what happened once the situation was under control? - the US assassinated a top Iranian commander.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭myfreespirit

Mr. Fakhrizadeh was named in the Guardian as a brigadier general in the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps; this alone makes him a legitimate target for assassination, considering the thuggish nature of the Revolutionary Guard. Added to that fact, he was a leader of the Iranian nuclear program.
    No one can seriously believe the current Iranian regime when they claim that the program is peaceful in nature.

The killing is in my opinion justified given the circumstances and the threats made by Iran to Israel.

(https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/27/mohsen-fakhrizadeh-iranian-nuclear-scientist-reportedly-shot-dead-near-tehran)

Mr. Fakhrizadeh was named in the Guardian as a brigadier general in the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps; this alone makes him a legitimate target for assassination, considering the thuggish nature of the Revolutionary Guard. Added to that fact, he was a leader of the Iranian nuclear program.
    No one can seriously believe the current Iranian regime when they claim that the program is peaceful in nature.

The killing is in my opinion justified given the circumstances and the threats made by Iran to Israel.

(https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/27/mohsen-fakhrizadeh-iranian-nuclear-scientist-reportedly-shot-dead-near-tehran)

Well you have to hand it to the Iranians. They are a very well educated people in science and mathematics. (The ones I have met have all been very smart ... although that might be biased given that they were outside of Iran). Actually, the only female to have won the Field medal in mathematics was an Iranian lady

I wonder how many professors of nuclear physics are in the ranks of the Irish army? :pac:

And no, the killing is not justified. In a time of declared war then the opponents military are fair game.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,728 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

That's handy for you when you are the one deciding who is "mental" but you might not like it if someone else is doing the deciding and they decide that you are the mental one. You have blinkered vision and only see from the "me" perspective.

If I was an Iranian and living under constant threats and warmongering cries from a close enough neighbour in Israel and backed by their equally antagonistic US big brother then I'm sure I'd be a lot happier to have some nuclear weapons as a deterrent.

What are Iranians expected to do? Trust the US and Israel? The ones that assassinate their generals and scientists? Iran went in with boots on the ground against ISIS and did much of the hard work there. And what happened once the situation was under control? - the US assassinated a top Iranian commander.

Your mental model of Iran is near non-existent. I would expect such a poor appreciation for the character and nature of a country from a 12 year old who had never read a news item on world events.

Iran has been sponsoring and fomenting terrorism for decades, particularly aimed at Israel. If I mentioned Hezbollah your response would be 'bless you'.

Iran is a rogue state, and that label has been well earned.

• Advertisement

cnocbui wrote: »
    Your mental model of Iran is near non-existent. I would expect such a poor appreciation for the character and nature of a country from a 12 year old who had never read a news item on world events.

Iran has been sponsoring and fomenting terrorism for decades, particularly aimed at Israel. If I mentioned Hezbollah your response would be 'bless you'.

How many Iranians do you know?

Your own ignorance is showing through to be fair.

Well you have to hand it to the Iranians. They are a very well educated people in science and mathematics. (The ones I have met have all been very smart ... although that might be biased given that they were outside of Iran). Actually, the only female to have won the Field medal in mathematics was an Iranian lady

I wonder how many professors of nuclear physics are in the ranks of the Irish army? :pac:

And no, the killing is not justified. In a time of declared war then the opponents military are fair game.

It is somewhat disingenuous to draw a comparison between the Iranian people (who, I agree with you, are well educated in general) and the murderous Iranian regime which threatens peace in the Middle East in pursuit of a nuclear weapons capability.

A stitch in time saves nine...

It is somewhat disingenuous to draw a comparison between the Iranian people (who, I agree with you, are well educated in general) and the murderous Iranian regime which threatens peace in the Middle East in pursuit of a nuclear weapons capability.

A stitch in time saves nine...

A lot of the people on the ground aren't that fond of their government but sure what country's citizens are.

If they weren't being threatened with destruction all the time by external forces then there would be more of a chance of that changing.

Their top level just have another excuse today to tell their citizens why they need to stay on their current path. Foreign powers are assassinating their scientists.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

If I was Iranian I'd prefer to have the threat to use nuclear rather than trust the likes of a US - Israeli alliance that would stick the knife in your back the first chance they'd get

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives.

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall -- you need me on that wall.

We use words like "honor," "code," "loyalty." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it.

I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand the post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think you're entitled to!

A lot of the people on the ground aren't that fond of their government but sure what country's citizens are.

If they weren't being threatened with destruction all the time by external forces then there would be more of a chance of that changing.

Their top level just have another excuse today to tell their citizens why they need to stay on their current path. Foreign powers are assassinating their scientists.

What country/countries are threatening Iran with destruction?
    Do you have a reliable source for the claim that this is the case?
    As regards threatening the destruction of nations, Iran definitely has made such threats to Israel not the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,485 ✭✭✭✭banie01

A dangerous game by the Israelis and Trump.

This is a concerted effort to box in Biden's foreign policy. It is calculated to make a return to the previous Iran nuclear deal an impossibility.
    It is designed to provoke Iranian military retaliation, with the aim of triggering a US military intervention and fully scuttling any negotiation and detente.

It's stunts like this however that really do highlight the hypocrisy of Western governments denouncing state sponsored terrorism.
    It's a tool of statecraft when it meets their aims, but it is violent chaos when it opposes them.

The Iranian response to date has been far calmer than previously and their call to the EU for political action is telling.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Iran seems to be successfully neutered and economically its crumbling, may it continue until they reform, all enhanced by the thaw in relations between Israel and the Arab states. Turkey seems to be the new problem child on the block

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Irans record on minority rights is appalling

Iran stockpiled 12x the nuclear material its agreement with the West allowed.

Nuclear proliferation is not a good thing.

Yet the left wing snake that is eating itself thinks its OK for Itan to build nuclear weapons.

The protestation here is just wokeflake virtue signalling.

No better than the Irish BLM folks who don't care about the poor black people slaughtered by Government forces in Africa, or Muslims in concentration camps in China. Not cool enough for 1st year Arts Students apparently .

I honestly partly blame Hollywood movies for this childish mindset. The left are incapable of even considering the fact that both sides could be bad, there always has to be good and a bad side with them, just like a Hollywood movie.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Advertisement

Why does Iran need nukes ,the same reason north korea does it's not to protect nk from invasion they have Nukes to solely protect China from having a unified strong Korea next door ,and the possibility of them having American backed forces in a unified Korea ,
    Iran is the same it keeps russian influence in the various stans ,nukes in one side and the other side with relative weak in-between .

Call the yanks acting as some morale police but when these countries get nukes and go full retard who's going to be expected to sort it out or defend other countries

Advertisement