Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Iranian Nuclear Scientist Assassinated?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Israel,

that's no random mugging

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

I wonder if the British will call for boycotts of the country responsible? Or do they only do that when Russia is involved?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

4 assailants opening fire on him on a public street near the capital city in broad daylight.

Mossad back in action

They love a good assassination

No Irish passports involved this time I presume

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

The Iranians will be looking for people dressed in tennis gear and carrying rackets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

4 assailants opening fire on him on a public street near the capital city in broad daylight.

It basically happened in the Mullingar of Tehran

• Registered Users Posts: 17,748 ✭✭✭✭bilston

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    I wonder if the British will call for boycotts of the country responsible? Or do they only do that when Russia is involved?

Why are you bringing the British into this?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Hopefully the security managed to get at least one or two of the assailants.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

And I don't need to wonder about the official Irish reaction as they are more concerned with Micheal Martin's statement clashing with the Late Late Toy Show. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Why?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

Well done Israel.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Why?

Why not, peculiar way of thinking you seem to have

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Everlong1

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/27/mohsen-fakhrizadeh-iranian-nuclear-scientist-reportedly-shot-dead-near-tehran

Mossad?

So Trump out, who has done much for Israel, Biden in. Now it seems the Israelis want to get as much done before the inauguration as they can.

Or maybe it's just a random mugging...

What makes you think Biden won't bend over backwards for Israel as every other President has?

Del.Monte wrote: »

Why?

4 assailants murdered someone and you have to ask why I said that I hoped they caught at least some of them?

That's a bit weird

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kravmaga

What security, did you see the photos, the Mercedes car he was a passenger in was riddled with bullets from the Mossad team.

kravmaga wrote: »
    What security, did you see the photos, the Mercedes car he was a passenger in was riddled with bullets from the Mossad team.

Pity they didn't just use their oul' Krav Maga I suppose

A picture of a car with bullets does not mean that there are no security forces in Iran, or that this fella was not traveling with some security

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tpcl20

Everlong1 wrote: »
    What makes you think Biden won't bend over backwards for Israel as every other President has?
    Especially seeing as president-in-waiting Kamla Harris is married to a Jewish man. With everything going on in the Labour party in England, I've forgotten whether it's racist to associate Judaism with Israel or what's the ettiquite again.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Placebo Effect

ElJeffe wrote: »
    Well done Israel.

Explain why? Murdered an Iranian citizen in his own country who is a scientist ..

Isnt nuclear proliferation worse? Especially when its in the hands of a theocracy?
    Nuclear weapons are already in the hands of too many crazy countries.....

Considering the catastrophic consequences of nuclear weapons shooting an 'innocent' scientist in the streets is insignificant and a welcome alternative to hundreds of thousands to millions being vaporised by their invention.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Ekerot

Isnt nuclear proliferation worse? Especially when its in the hands of a theocracy?

Considering the catastrophic consequences of nuclear weapons shooting an 'innocent' scientist in the streets is insignificant and a welcome alternative to hundreds of thousands to millions being vaporised by their invention.

Hello Benjamin Netanyahu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Odhinn

.............including Israel.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    It basically happened in the Mullingar of Tehran
    Mullingar is the Tehran of Ireland

bilston wrote: »
    Why are you bringing the British into this?

Have a look into their reaction to the poisoning of Sergei Skripal and they reasons why the British convinced even the Irish government to punish Russia.

If state sponsored assassination is really something the British will never tolerate, let them speak up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Israel? Commiting war crimes? I assure you I dropped my monacle in surprise.

Ekerot wrote: »
    Hello Benjamin Netanyahu

Probably received the go ahead during his recent “secret” meeting with the Saudis. A nice distraction from his corruption charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Israel just getting business done before a changing of the guard in the white house.

If this Scientist was as important has to the Iranians he should never have been allowed to be this exposed. The Iranians know too well that Mossad is fully operational within Iran.

I don't see there's any reason for the Iranians to over react to this. Just keep developing stock piles of low yield Uranium and continue with their long Range Rocket and ICBM programme and they are on the right track. Once that Genie is out of the bottle there's no getting it back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭tigerboon

Israel just getting business done before a changing of the guard in the white house.

They mustn't have much faith in the new administration. Also giving a kick to Iran just in case they feel a bit emboldened with Trump gone. Showing both they're not afraid to act on their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭Cordell

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Have a look into their reaction to the poisoning of Sergei Skripal and they reasons why the British convinced even the Irish government to punish Russia.

If state sponsored assassination is really something the British will never tolerate, let them speak up now.

They don't tolerate when it happens to one of their assets on their soil.
    When it happens in a rogue state aiming to get the nuclear power status then it's fair game.
    Why are you rooting for the bad guys? Or, for the worse guys, assuming all are bad? The world doesn't need any new nuclear powers, especially a non aligned theocracy of the worst kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭rockatansky

tigerboon wrote: »
    They mustn't have much faith in the new administration. Also giving a kick to Iran just in case they feel a bit emboldened with Trump gone. Showing both they're not afraid to act on their own.

Well they probably see it as Obama returning to the White House, and I'm sure you don't need me to tell you what Bibi and Barack thought about each other.
    It may well be a return to the previous deal that was in place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭daheff

Maybe they(like N Korea) see having nuclear weapons as the ultimate deterrent to a US led invasion.

Only one country has used Nuclear weapons in war time....wonder who that was??

Advertisement