Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Iranian Nuclear Scientist Assassinated?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 spacet

That's the biggest load of horsesh*t I've heard . Since most of iranians are Shia , I doubt theyd be joining isis. Most of isis are sunni muslims , it's actually the Shia muslims who are fighting them.
    Btw all the hijackers who flew in the world trade center were sunni arabs from Saudi arabia . Are you from the george bush school of taught when it comes to the middle east.

This is a little inaccurate. Syria was/is/will still be a secular country/constitution. The majority religion is Sunni Muslim and without the vast majority of the Sunni community remaining loyal to their non-Sunni brothers and sisters Syria would have fallen to the Nato backed terrorists who were bused into Syria from abroad to overthrow the Gov. The 25th Division/Tiger forces is largely a Sunni division of the Syrian army, partnered with Russian forces, and played a major role (as vital as Hezb/Iran/Shia divisions) in defeating ISIS et al on the ground. The majority of Syrians of all denominations did not want a Saudi like Wahabi Islamic state that Nato, US, UK, France, Germany, Israel etc wanted to impose.

It's interesting that Israel is already backtracking on its involvement in this terrorist act. Its use of MEK proxy forces have now legitimized Iran's proxies in Lebannon and Palestine if they choose to respond. A precise rocket targeting Israeli nuclear workers going to work/entering their weapon sites would be legit target imo.

If Israel was ever to use its small tactical nuke warheads as a limited strike, the missile response on its nuclear facilities would be a chain event that would wipe it off the map.

Should also be acknowledged Iran is the only other country in the Middle East with a Jewish community for all the propaganda about how intolerant their ''regime'' is. Yemen also had a small community until Israels alley SA decided to go to war with it and the remaining few where airlifted out by the IDF to Israel.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

spacet wrote: »

If Israel was ever to use its small tactical nuke warheads as a limited strike, the missile response on its nuclear facilities would be a chain event that would wipe it off the map.

It's Sunday maybe go back to bed

spacet wrote: »

Any nation that used a tactical nuke against a target that had people, would be destroyed by the political fallout. People are, rightly, afraid of opening that Pandora's box, and worldwide public perception would turn against that nation instantly. No excuses. No apologies. Full economic meltdown for that country, and becoming a diplomatic pariah.

TBH it's possibly only the big boys who could get away with it, and even then, they'd have to deal with a decade or more of hard times as a result.. along with being assigned a reputation, similar to what Germany has from Hitlers crusade.

It doesn't matter the military reaction to their use. Iran could sit back, not respond, and the world would do the work for them, while gaining Kudos for being restrained.. added to which, a victim being blameless, their entire past history would be wiped out.

Which is why I'm not afraid of Iran having nukes. If Pakistan didn't destroy India with their arsenal, I highly doubt that Iran would do anything with them... In any case, they don't really need to.. conventional weaponry will do the job just as well. Israel will eventually alienate itself and make itself vulnerable to being occupied. It's just a matter of time. In the meantime, there's little cost in continuing to support other nations or groups, who will attack Israel for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,053 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Has Biden condemned the killing yet?

Which is why I'm not afraid of Iran having nukes. If Pakistan didn't destroy India with their arsenal, I highly doubt that Iran would do anything with them... In any case, they don't really need to.. conventional weaponry will do the job just as well.

But it helped India had them too we would have had a another MAD scenario ,
    Israel Vs Iran could be a little different ,one is a ****head country (Israel ) that has expanded influence despite repeatedly breaking every rule in the book ,the other ****heads (Iran ) have religious nutjob who can call for nukes to deployed and people will do what their Supreme religious leader says ,and a so called revolutionary military force who keeps repeating the revolution isn't over yet ,so where do they want to go with the revolution , especially if they have access to nukes of any kind ,
    They are the one country that could do a dirty bomb and then sit back it wasn't us ,we can't control what our proxies do .
    Neither side should have nukes in this case ,

The world has changed russia is slowing sliding down the influence charts ,trump has weakened America on the global stage ,and China is becoming increasingly more aggressive with their global influence ,
    I could see tactical nukes becoming ever more likely to be deployed somewhere in the world

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Trump getting intelligence briefings the rest of his days is very dangerous.

Has Pakistan still got nukes , considering they almost got over run by the Taliban a few years back ,
    I'd be surprised if they weren't releaved of them by the international community

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

froog wrote: »
    What's the dangerous bit? He is still the president.

Saralace wrote: »
    When I was in israel
    Mossard was trying
    To recruit european jews to join. One english man I knew they asked. He was a medic in the Israeli army. I was supposed at how little they were paying it was minimum wage. When I was in jerusalem 3 came up to me and wanted to buy my passport. At the time a passport was worth 1000 pounds
    They offered 30 pounds.when they go to assinate someone they go in groups of 20
    They fly in in pairs.then they will have local jewish set up arms and bombs and safe houses when it's over they go back to europe and the bosses back to Israel the problem for mossad
    is hotel cameras
    #ThingsThatNeverHappened

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

biko wrote: »
    #ThingsThatNeverHappened

What! How dare you!!!!!

Do you not know that that is just typical Mossad MO?

They always just walk up to a foreign looking fella on the street, offer him 30 quid for his passport and then proceed to explain to him in detail how their secret operations work.

And as soon as I get those millions from that Nigerian prince that has guaranteed me a share in return for the admin fee I had to send him, I'll be able to stop selling my passports for 30 quid........although even selling them isn't working out the best as it costs more to have them replaced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Pity they didn't just use their oul' Krav Maga I suppose

A picture of a car with bullets does not mean that there are no security forces in Iran, or that this fella was not traveling with some security

He was travelling with very little or no security, most of his security detail were killed or seriously injured in the attack.

It was a very well planned assassination, MOSSAD written all over it with some American assistance Im sure.

See photos of the Merc, riddled.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/11/27/top-iranian-nuclear-scientist-killed-iran-armed-forces

kravmaga wrote: »

It was a very well planned assassination MOSSAD, written all over it with some American assistance Im sure

Singley the most effective and ruthless unit in the middle East ,

Probably the only ones that could have managed the job.

He was travelling with very little or no security, his security detail were all killed in the attack.

It was a very well planned assassination, MOSSAD written all over it with some American assistance Im sure.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/11/27/top-iranian-nuclear-scientist-killed-iran-armed-forces

Or, maybe just maybe, he actually wasn't up to anything dodgy there or in charge of much other than being a top scientist?

Like, say, if some Oxford professor who happens to sit on the board of a nuclear research body in the UK was assassinated on his way to work ... would you be saying that it was a well planned assassination because there weren't security forces in the photos afterwards?

If I was an Iranian then maybe today I would have the opinion that any Israeli or potential Israeli scientist or academic anywhere in the world is now fair game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Gatling wrote: »
    Singley the most effective and ruthless unit in the middle East ,

Yup, they dont mess about

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭joseywhales

If we ignore the propaganda, the states involved, the religion etc. How does one justify assassination of a scientist in a foreign country? Are we supposed to support these people? We can only judge by action, whatever they claim about their opposition, they are the ones that took the action which is all that I can judge by. The end does not justify the means.

If we ignore the propaganda, the states involved, the religion etc. How does one justify assassination of a scientist in a foreign country? Are we supposed to support these people? We can only judge by action, whatever they claim about their opposition, they are the ones that took the action which is all that I can judge by. The end does not justify the means.

Some people do somehow justify it. And some seem to glorify in certain organisations being "ruthless" as evidenced a few posts above.

In reality it's hardly rocket science. All you need is access to a few nutcases and some firearms.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

has anyone taken credit for it, otherwise there is no point making baseless accusations :pac:

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Some people do somehow justify it. And some seem to glorify in certain organisations being "ruthless" as evidenced a few posts above.
    In reality it's hardly rocket science. All you need is access to a few nutcases and some firearms.

Nutcases and Firearms are the two ingredients most widely available in the region.

You would have to wonder if The Shah/Saadam Hussein/Col Gadaffi were to have been still in power,what the Nutcase/Firearm situation would be today ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Nutcases and Firearms are the two ingredients most widely available in the region.

You would have to wonder if The Shah/Saadam Hussein/Col Gadaffi were to have been still in power,what the Nutcase/Firearm situation would be today ?

Probably the same. It doesn't take much financing to create decent homemade explosives, and find some ideologically/religiously moronic suicide bombers.

At the end of the day, we're faced with people who generally have plenty of reasons to hate the west, since either the former imperial powers, or the US, keep dabbling in their region. The US foreign services have had so many "mistakes" it's no wonder the overall region is so destabilized.. and even had those leaders remained in power, the US would still be messing around there.

Ahh well, I've lived in a variety of deeply religious or ideologically driven countries, and have spoken to all manner of diehards... and nope, I don't buy into the crazies firing off the Bomb if they had it. It's well known what would happen if someone fired off a nuke... and most people in power, want to retain that power, not be the one that destroys their nation.
    Israel Vs Iran could be a little different ,one is a ****head country (Israel ) that has expanded influence despite repeatedly breaking every rule in the book ,

Countries under threat seek to expand to create buffer zones. The Arab states attempted to do the same, and had they been successful wouldn't have been any less nasty than Israel. For the most part, they're all as bad as each other..
    the other ****heads (Iran ) have religious nutjob who can call for nukes to deployed and people will do what their Supreme religious leader says ,and a so called revolutionary military force who keeps repeating the revolution isn't over yet ,so where do they want to go with the revolution , especially if they have access to nukes of any kind ,

Again.. I don't buy it. People don't want to give up their power, and letting off a nuke would cause the destruction of your rule, one way or another. Irans leadership want the growth of their power, they don't want to be the ones who end it..

It's different when it's one guy or a small group who represent nothing except their beliefs. It's another thing when you have millions of people who depend on your leadership. Anyway.. there is no evidence to show that any religious group would use a nuke in any such manner... considering that we've had both India, and Pakistan resist the urge, and they're both nutty in their own way. Hell, we've had a nuclear China for decades, and they've gone through periods of heavy ideological slant.
    They are the one country that could do a dirty bomb and then sit back it wasn't us ,we can't control what our proxies do .

Anyone could be that. There's been plenty of articles about arms dealing relating to nuclear material over the years.
    Neither side should have nukes in this case ,

except that one does, and the other is so close to getting them, that they're likely to have them within a decade.
    The world has changed russia is slowing sliding down the influence charts ,trump has weakened America on the global stage ,and China is becoming increasingly more aggressive with their global influence ,
    I could see tactical nukes becoming ever more likely to be deployed somewhere in the world

Same, although I see them used against the US navy should things kick off against China, which would be a military target rather than an area with civilians. A minor point, but I could see it being justified (by whoever decides to do it).

In any case though, this is about Iran.. and we haven't seen them be overly militant or aggressive, in spite of the posturing.. and the encouragement by the US to be that way. I'm always amazed that people are so willing to ignore the aggressive attitude of the US, and the manner in which they talk about other countries in their media. The US has consistently made comments/statements about invading or attacking Iran, but Iran is the hostile country. Considering the attitude of the US, I can definitely see why Iran would want nuclear capabilities, since it's worked for N.Korea as a deterrent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

Israel Vs Iran could be a little different ,one is a ****head country (Israel ) that has expanded influence despite repeatedly breaking every rule in the book ,the other ****heads (Iran ) have religious nutjob who can call for nukes to deployed and people will do what their Supreme religious leader says ,and a so called revolutionary military force who keeps repeating the revolution isn't over yet ,so where do they want to go with the revolution , especially if they have access to nukes of any kind ,

Pakistan is at least as unstable as Iran and has a capital city very close to India’s border. When India went nuclear, the Pakistanis felt they had to respond and the situation has remained surprisingly quiet since. Of course, America condemned both countries for going nuclear while failing to notice its close ally had done so decades before.

Ardillaun wrote: »
    Pakistan is at least as unstable as Iran and has a capital city very close to India’s border. When India went nuclear, the Pakistanis felt they had to respond and the situation has remained surprisingly quiet since. Of course, America condemned both countries for going nuclear while failing to notice its close ally had done so decades before.

Or decided if they were going to be under threat from every other country in the middle East gave them a point of no return weapon ,
    In saying that they have fought and beaten everything that was thrown at them from Multiple countries .
    At this stage I'd be happy to see Iran and Israel go at it and sort this out once and for all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

biko wrote: »
    What's the dangerous bit? He is still the president.

i meant when he's no longer president. they continue to get intelligence briefings for some reason. he's in debt to god knows who to the tune of half a billion. he could make some serious coin from that information.

If it was an Israeli scientist we would never hear the end of it.

i meant when he's no longer president. they continue to get intelligence briefings for some reason. he's in debt to god knows who to the tune of half a billion. he could make some serious coin from that information.

A con man desperate for money in possession of valuable national secrets. What could possibly go wrong?

He's the current president and will be so until January ,

He's still the man unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

ElJeffe wrote: »
    It's imperative the backward savage Iranian regime don't get the bomb. I hope Israel takes them all out tbh.

Psychotic much? better take your meds, calling for mass murder, maybe you need to be put away.

Thats concerning, in this whole discussion, as bad is it all sounds, why would that even be allowed, ever?

Has Pakistan still got nukes , considering they almost got over run by the Taliban a few years back ,
    I'd be surprised if they weren't releaved of them by the international community

Cmon

That needs to change, its like an intentionally open source for information to be leaked.

At this stage I'd be happy to see Iran and Israel go at it and sort this out once and for all

I suspect many people/countries would like to see that, but what would it leave behind?

For all that Iran is one seriously messed up country, it's also a stabilizing influence over a huge area of territory, and Israel provides a unifying focus for the hatred that Arab nations have towards outsiders. In all likelihood, Israel would win any kind of conventional war with Iran, but I seriously believe it would be an utter disaster for the rest of us. It would make Syria, Afghanistan, and Iraq seem like walks in the park in comparison.

This is something that people need to get into their heads. A defeated Iran would be very bad. We've already seen many of the main stable regional nations flounder over the last three decades, and little is replacing them, except for paramilitary organisations, and greater influence for the "terrorist" or extremist organisations.

The US has just shown itself incapable of dealing with such situations, and we want more to be created? We can have a relatively stable Iran which holds the territory together, or we can have a massive rise in terrorism... I'd prefer Iran.

Ardillaun wrote: »
    A con man desperate for money in possession of valuable national secrets. What could possibly go wrong?

He's also a patriot.

Nah. I get the hate for Trump, but this is too far a stretch. He'll get financing from supporters within the US, without any need to sell himself to foreign interests. He'll lose most of his "empire" but he'll remain filthy rich in comparison to most people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 spacet

He was travelling with very little or no security, most of his security detail were killed or seriously injured in the attack.

Its a Nissan.

Advertisement