Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVII- 62,002 ROI (1,915 deaths) 39,609 NI (724 deaths) (02/11) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

mloc123 wrote: »
    I think socks and underwear are relatively easy to get right... that is what everyone is now panicking about right? I guess the fear from all men is that their mam might not get to buy their annual supply for xmas :)

I don't see panic myself. What I do see is a difficulty in buying clothes. Even when restrictions were lighter it was next to impossible to try clothes on in shops and sizes actually vary a lot. Apart from a pair of shoes bought online, I haven't been able to buy clothes since last January.

Italy has a big problem with ultras who now have no football to go to.
    Remember Sean Cox. While most Italians are pissed off the nasty element always takes advantage.

https://twitter.com/Irenls_/status/1320979489174769664?s=20

I don't know why you had to bring poor Sean Cox into it. Ultras or not, it could represent a rising problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

Do people actually think they are going to catch COVID walking past people on a path.

It is actually infuriating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

polesheep wrote: »
    I don't know why you had to bring poor Sean Cox into it. Ultras or not, it could represent a rising problem.

Really? Italy has a serious problem with football violence. It's all over the news there that they are exploiting the situation to cause havoc. How is that relevant? Again the majority of people are adhering to restrictions. These thugs are out in force in these protests and most cities have large groups.

Peaceful protest is fine. Violence should always be condemned. Don't you agree?
    The nasty element always get headlines. Same as here with the anti mask alt-right-sh!te element here.

Really? Italy has a serious problem with football violence. It's all over the news there that they are exploiting the situation to cause havoc. How is that relevant? Again the majority of people are adhering to restrictions. These thugs are out in force in these protests and most cities have large groups.

The nasty element always get headlines. Same as here with the anti mask alt-right-sh!te element here.

I don't know where you are going with this. Honestly. I stated that it could be a rising problem. I didn't condone it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

A lot of the point of closing retail is to give people fewer reasons to leave the house in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Do people actually think they are going to catch COVID walking past people on a path.

Bill Hughes from Newstalk is certain he caught it from a group of joggers that passed too close to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭zinfandel

Cool, going to tell my 97 year old grand mother and her mates to surf the Web for clothes.
    and is she going to get on the bus down to Dunnes? would hope your family would be looking after her shopping....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

forumdedum wrote: »
    Bill Hughes from Newstalk is certain he caught it from a group of joggers that passed too close to him.
    Does he also hear voices late at night?

How is his work on the vaccine coming along?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Yes people seem to think it's in the air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I was walking on the beach the other day and as someone came towards me he took out his mask and put it on

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Liberalbrehon

is_that_so wrote: »
    Nor is a one line cliché evidence of coherent thought!
    - one line lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence_of_absence

It is no cliché and relevant to the testing regime for covid-19. Sorry, I didn't write a rambling essay, but brevity is the essence of understanding.

The problem with the current testing regime is it's limited capacity. It should be widely expanded with detailed tracing. It would have been far cheaper to follow that principle than reduce the capacity in both after first lock down. It should have been expanded, but NPET/Govt will probably repeat their mistake again.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streetlight_effect

I would also change the current county system of managing travel restrictions and other activities into working zones that make sense for travel and work.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I don't see panic myself. What I do see is a difficulty in buying clothes. Even when restrictions were lighter it was next to impossible to try clothes on in shops and sizes actually vary a lot. Apart from a pair of shoes bought online, I haven't been able to buy clothes since last January.

Fair enough, not being able to try them on is a pain.

I just don't get this uproar about Tesco/Dunnes... saw on my local Facebook page also, you'd swear kids were wearing coal sacks the way people were complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

This type of BS is obviously driving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭zinfandel

maybe dig a bit deeper into your wardrobe, I would say most being could manage especially when going nowhere, do you really need new PJ's and shoes for christmas day!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

khalessi wrote: »

At this stage it wouldnt surprise me if someone from the future went back to March to warn them about a dodgy sanitiser, and still they wouldnt listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

- one line lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence_of_absence

It is no cliché and relevant to the testing regime for covid-19. Sorry, I didn't write a rambling essay, but brevity is the essence of understanding.

The problem with the current testing regime is it's limited capacity. It should be widely expanded with detailed tracing. It would have been far cheaper to follow that principle than reduce the capacity in both after first lock down. It should have been expanded, but NPET/Govt will probably repeat their mistake again.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streetlight_effect
    Nah, it's a throwaway line without no context and not much thought. Much better effort here!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭prunudo

I heard his out burst a few months back on Pat Kenny's show. He was just jumping to wild conclusions and looking for somebody to blame. Unless he tracked down those 2 joggers and found out they were positive at that time it was just an uninformed fearmongering rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I'd say Bill is one of those people that hates anyone who exercises tho.... probably tell you that running is bad for you too - "will destroy yours knees..." he says, sitting eating a fry.

• Advertisement

zinfandel wrote: »
    maybe dig a bit deeper into your wardrobe, I would say most being could manage especially when going nowhere, do you really need new PJ's and shoes for christmas day!

And do you really need to be so condescending? I'm not a person that maintains a 'wardrobe'. I tend to wear the same small amount of clothes until they need replacement. I'm not desperate for clothes, but some of the condescending posts in reply to posters who say that they need to buy clothes are galling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

I don't know where you are going with this. Honestly. I stated that it could be a rising problem. I didn't condone it.

That's great, I didn't suggest you did. You stated that "it has a habit of spreading on the continent". That I don't agree. Italy has a particular issue with a violent football ultra scene who are exploiting the situation. While some countries have similar issues, particularly Eastern Europe, most don't.

When Naples didn't collect it's rubbish for years it didn't spread to the rest of the continent. Italy is beautiful country but not without its issues.

It looks like Italians aren't happy with more restrictions. Things like this have a habit of spreading on the Continent. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-54701042

prunudo wrote: »
    I heard his out burst a few months back on Pat Kenny's show. He was just jumping to wild conclusions and looking for somebody to blame. Unless he tracked down those 2 joggers and found out they were positive at that time it was just an uninformed fearmongering rant.

At least a while back there was proof you could catch it from passing joggers or cyclists and they generate more plume. I'm not a huge fan of Bill but I would believe him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Maybe look beyond Twitter for news.

I don't search through twitter looking for news. I read it online and wanted to look for evidence and I couldn't find the Twitter post.

I'd say Bill is one of those people that hates anyone who exercises tho.... probably tell you that running is bad for you too - "will destroy yours knees..." he says, sitting eating a fry.

He might joke about that but doubt that's the way he thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,402 ✭✭✭✭road_high

That the guy who reviews films and that? At least 5 stone overweight? Ok..!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

It looks like Italians aren't happy with more restrictions. Things like this have a habit of spreading on the Continent. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-54701042

This is what happens when the government is totally unable to counter a problem.
    People are sick and tired of new sets of rules and restrictions every other day, and are sick and tired of not getting any refund that the government keep promising.
    I dare to say that this might be just the beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

530758.JPG

530759.JPG

Galway aren't afraid of using the dark arts to give themselves the advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,402 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Through this mania it’s been interesting- there is an element out there that relish the prospect of closing gyms and any form of exercise. Usually people that don’t exercise themselves interestingly

• Advertisement

That's great, I didn't suggest you did. You stated that "it has a habit of spreading on the continent". That I don't agree. Italy has a particular issue with a violent football ultra scene who are exploiting the situation. While some countries have similar issues, particularly Eastern Europe, most don't.

When Naples didn't collect it's rubbish for years it didn't spread to the rest of the continent. Italy is beautiful country but not without its issues.

Could be Marseille next. Perhaps it's because there is no water between them, but this thing does have a habit of spreading between countries on the continent. The ultras and their equivalents are in communication across all borders.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement