Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Christmas Chocolates, Sweets and Food

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Loughc wrote: »
    And just like that we are mortal enemies... i love Orange Chocolate.

Now, now- I think we both know who the real enemy is here.
    Caranica wrote: »
    Am I the only one who detests Lindt? Especially Lindor, they're just manky!!!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,976 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Does anybody know where you can buy the blue Lindt?
    It’s something I have rarely seen.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    Now, now- I think we both know who the real enemy is here.

:pac:

Agreed, anyone who doesn't like Lindt is the enemy haha

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    I'm out, have a good one guys.

Not a chocolate fan?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

Orange chocolate (except Lindor) is delicious. Call me what you want but Lindt is just rank :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Great thread !

Yesterday I bought the first chocolate slab of the season, think the last time I had chocolate was April; I really don't fancy it at all in Spring/Summer, not even chocolate ice cream.

I usually buy simple dark chocolate slabs, unsually plain and sometimes with hazelnuts.
    Love chocolate-coated orange peel and also ginger.
    So it is a Yes from me re the : orange flavour.

Re: Christmas sweets, I love Candied Chestnuts/Marrons Glacé and only have them at Christmas time.

Again, great thread ! Am eagerly following re: new product launches.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,008 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Not a chocolate fan?

Too much temptation. Trying hard to get my act together and starting to make progress so threads like these are a killer to read when working.

Now to start by resisting the temptation to actually read the thread LOL.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Orange chocolate (except Lindor) is delicious. Call me what you want but Lindt is just rank :D

Boooo!Boooo!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I’m not a fan of Lindt either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭jellybear

Autosport wrote: »
    I’m not a fan of Lindt either.

Me neither. They're not thick or smooth enough and are quite salty. Now don't get me wrong, I'd eat them no bother if offered one :D But they definitely wouldn't be my chocolate of choice.

• Advertisement

Jellybear and Autosport. Two of my favourite boardsies. Or at least .. you were!!! :(

Jellybear and Autosport. Two of my favourite boardsies. Or at least .. you were!!! :(

I was just about to post the same thing. Well I guess it wouldn’t be Christmas without a good family row.

And I guess we found our Roses vs quality street style debate for this year. Lindt YAY or nay?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,709 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Lindt over Roses anyday imo !

So many people crossed off Christmas card lists tonight. :pac:

Mam of 4 wrote: »

One million percent.

Mam of 4 wrote: »

Oh most definitely!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

Glad to see I'm not alone. Feel the need for a "Say no to Lindt" signature but I'm almost always on the phone and it's easy too fiddly

• Registered Users Posts: 29,976 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

As I said my favorite lindtt is the blue ball because it's lovely and sweet. (I'm a real kid at heart.)
    However I much prefer the little Lindt balls than the big ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Jude13

DvB wrote: »
    Too much temptation. Trying hard to get my act together and starting to make progress so threads like these are a killer to read when working.

Now to start by resisting the temptation to actually read the thread LOL.

From you previous post I was thinking ba-humbug DVB, and I was daydreaming about a bag of buttons and a cup of tea. But I agree, I am too weak at the moment and will end up breaking. I will be back in seven weeks.

Ps. Curly wurly dunked in tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Mars Wrigley unveils new products for Christmas 2020 portfolio
    • Galaxy Caramel Truffles
    • two selection boxes – a Milky Way selection box and a Skittles selection box
    • Galaxy Truffles Advent Calendar
    source: https://www.talkingretail.com/products-news/mars-wrigley-unveils-new-products-for-christmas-2020-portfolio-04-09-2020/

Galaxy-Truffles-Caramel--1024x545.jpg

• Advertisement

Glad to see I'm not alone. Feel the need for a "Say no to Lindt" signature but I'm almost always on the phone and it's easy too fiddly
    Please don't post here again if it's only to cause trouble.

:pac: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

One million percent.

I wish we had a Lindt store or concession here.

I was in one in France I think. It was great to mix and match.

Have you tried the new salt caramel ones? They are lovely.

I wish we had a Lindt store or concession here.

I was in one in France I think. It was great to mix and match.

Have you tried the new salt caramel ones? They are lovely.

Is there a LINDT concession in Kildare village? I feel like I’ve seen it. And used it. But bare in mind I may have dreamt this.

I have not tried the salted caramel ones. Yet.

Posy wrote: »
    Please don't post here again if it's only to cause trouble.

:pac: :pac:

I properly snorted laughing at this :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

Is there a LINDT concession in Kildare village? I feel like I’ve seen it. And used it. But bare in mind I may have dreamt this.

Wow there is, i didn't know as I've never been.

The store does this little gold wrapped sweet that's solid hazelnut chocolate.

Will make a trip when things ease down

Thank you

I was just about to post the same thing. Well I guess it wouldn’t be Christmas without a good family row.

And I guess we found our Roses vs quality street style debate for this year. Lindt YAY or nay?

It’s Quality street without a doubt ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭jellybear

Autosport wrote: »
    It’s Quality street without a doubt ;):D

100%!!

jellybear wrote: »
    100%!!

Are we the same person :D next you’ll tell me the toffee finger is your favourite :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

4 pages in two days :eek:

Guess it was the thread that you never knew you needed :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Yep and it's well worth visiting.

They sell the 1kg Santa's and Easter bunnys after Christmas and Easter for €25 too....

Advertisement