Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Christmas Chocolates, Sweets and Food

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

1_1q.jpg

Janey who packed them? Scrooge? Seems a bit miserly for €20.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Janey who packed them? Scrooge? Seems a bit miserly for €20.

Yeah. Not for me. I rather buy 2 of the big boxes that are usually on offer for €5 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Jude13

I am back also, that such a waste of packaging. Those cakes a few pages back!!! I am going to stock up when the Christmas sweets when they come out but I am going to aim to hold of having one until Christmas fm launches. I love all the updates here.

I will not be stockpiling orange buttons as they would for certain get eaten.

Keeping an eye out for gluten free mince pies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Does anybody know where you can buy the blue Lindt?
    It’s something I have rarely seen.

You anywhere near Kildare Village? There is a massive lindt shop there and has all the different flavours:P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

messrs wrote: »
    You anywhere near Kildare Village? There is a massive lindt shop there and has all the different flavours:P

Yel great deals on the boxes there too.

Just 36 balls on those €20 tins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,008 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Ah I keep looking in here without thinking, I just see new posts & check all the different threads. Sod it, may as well work that willpower & build up some enthusiasm for the coming festive season (not that I need much :D) anyways, that Lindt tin is a woeful in terms of value, as pointed out above I'd rather buy two large boxes of our favourite flavours and pour them into an empty QS tub (trust me there'll be an empty one early enough as we start every festive season with a QS tub)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Yel great deals on the boxes there too.

Just 36 balls on those €20 tins.

Dont think id pay €20 for a tin of 36 as possibly not going to like all the ones in it - as previous posters have said rather buy 2 or 3 boxes of the ones i really like- works out about same value

Found the Lindt tin on Amazon for £15 which works out at around €16.30 today.

The picture of the sweets in the tin deceptively make it look like it's packed with sweets.

That Lindt tin is shocking! I'd almost rethink having my honeymoon in their factory!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

• Advertisement

TRS30 wrote: »

Wonder would the taste change much? I love jelly tots :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Lindt tin massively scabby for €20!! Especially as I wouldn't be overly mad about the dark and white ones.
    I'll definitely just buy 2 of the big boxes. I love the hazlenut ones.

Posy wrote: »
    Lindt tin massively scabby for €20!! Especially as I wouldn't be overly mad about the dark and white ones.
    I'll definitely just buy 2 of the big boxes. I love the hazlenut ones.

ooh, i love the dark ones. To be fair dark chocolate would be my preference anyway & I'd eat any of the lindor chocolate balls other than the white ones (far too sweet) but would always without fail go for the dark ones first.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

As I have stated a few time before, not a massive chocolate fan (ducks!) however when I do partake is dark chocolate all the way 70%+ if possible.

As I have stated a few time before, not a massive chocolate fan (ducks!) however when I do partake is dark chocolate all the way 705+ if possible.

Ooh yeah, love the 70%+ stuff.

Not a huge choccy fan myself (more of a baked goods man) but am fond of a Moro/Boost, Double decker, bounty & randomly catch bars too.
    If talking chocolate with no gooey/toffee fillings etc. am fond of twirl & used to love the yorkie raisin & biscuit.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    Not a huge choccy fan myself (more of a baked goods man) but am fond of a Moro/Boost, Double decker, bounty & randomly catch bars too.
    If talking chocolate with no gooey/toffee fillings etc. am fond of twirl

Some stellar choices there. Stellar!!

Loughc wrote: »
    Some stellar choices there. Stellar!!

Glad someone approves!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Oreo Spooky Graveyard Chocolate Cookie Kit - basically the Halloween version of a gingerbread house
    Source: https://www.delish.com/food-news/a34055904/oreo-graveyard-cookie-kit/

oreo-1600353573.png?

Is it OK for 2 people to polish off a box of Roses/Quality Street/Hereos in say 2 evening - asking for a friend.....

Is it OK for 2 people to polish off a box of Roses/Quality Street/Hereos in say 2 evening - asking for a friend.....

Tell your friend I see nothing wrong with this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I see nothing wrong with that :D

Could you check with your friend if it was a box of one of those or a box of each??

If one box then no issues, if a box of each...............still no issue :D

Could you check with your friend if it was a box of one of those or a box of each??

If one box then no issues, if a box of each...............still no issue :D

Lol was a single box......but a few boxes over a few evenings.....

Chocolates not as cheap as they've been but not bad....then the boxed biscuits!!

At Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭tscul32

Got a tub of quality street this morning and opened them this evening. We all just needed a pick me up after Level 3 announced. The youngest was supposed to be getting back to swimming lessons tomorrow, now cancelled. The communion he was supposed to make in May and was rescheduled for 2 weeks time is now cancelled again. My first year had his first ever "weekend homework" and my poor 14 year old had to go to the barber's - just a trim but he loves his long hair and hates getting it cut. Chocolates were gooood....mmmm

AJj3yhN.jpg

4Xo2MuG.jpg

Dunnes in Blanchardstown starting to expand their Christmas displays over the weekend.

Chocolates not as cheap as they've been but not bad....then the boxed biscuits!!

At Tesco

Hmmmm........biscuits

DvB wrote: »
    AJj3yhN.jpg

4Xo2MuG.jpg

Dunnes in Blanchardstown starting to expand their Christmas displays over the weekend.

I usually don’t get over excited for Christmas but this year I am giddy seeing this as there’s nothing else to look forward to.

€3.50 for the lindt bunny's in Dunnes.....mmmmmmmm

€20 for the small lindt tins, much better with the 2 for €5 bags/boxes of balls.

• Advertisement

€3.50 for the lindt bunny's in Dunnes.....mmmmmmmm

€20 for the small lindt tins, much better with the 2 for €5 bags/boxes of balls.

There was another stand with nothing but Lindt christmas chocolate that had the larger boxes and smaller christmas bunnies etc. there too, loads of different flavours available.
    Seeing the tins & picking one up, they're definitely poorer value than the boxes and bags.

Advertisement