Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Chocolates, Sweets and Food

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

messrs wrote: »
    I dont know how to post a image in here so hope this link works - this looks unreal

https://www.delish.com/food-news/a33626328/aldi-uk-giant-ferrero-rocher-inspired-cake/
    The dessert is called the Specially Selected Chocolate and Praline Dome and will be available sometime near October 26 in Aldi stores

Marks calendar.....

I dont know how to post a image in here so hope this link works - this looks unreal

https://www.delish.com/food-news/a33626328/aldi-uk-giant-ferrero-rocher-inspired-cake/

I can't choose between this and the M&S cake, so two cakes it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I can't choose between this and the M&S cake, so two cakes it is!

I like your thinking :D:P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Called into our local Aldi, no stollen :( bought some scones instead which didnt hit the spot.

Will try Lidl later....:)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Looks amazing !

There are a lot of new gorgeous looking chocolate cakes this Christmas !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Aldi have the first of their Christmas chocolates etc in including the trays that look like from Hotel Choclate.....

Also have the massive box (single tray) of milk chocolates for €8

TINS of Quality Street that are €10 are down to under €8 in Supervalu :)

TINS of Quality Street that are €10 are down to under €8 in Supervalu :)

On it.
    Thanks for the heads up!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Demonique

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Lindt over Roses anyday imo !

Roses have been mank for several years now, they took out the crispy orange one and the other crispy one
    Loughc wrote: »
    https://www.underthechristmastree.co.uk/mcvities-jaffa-cakes/

New Christmas Jaffa Cakes. Get in my belly.

"Full moon, half moon, total eclipse"
    PaulT21 wrote: »
    Was in Dunnes this evening and the Lindt Tins are 20 Euro. Now that seems a bit of a rip off:( Lets hope the price falls closer to Christmas!!

I'd be getting it mainly for the tin
    otnomart wrote: »
    new from Iceland:
    Sticky Toffee Winter Forest Log and Luxury Millionaire Salted Caramel Gold Bar Cheesecake
    https://www.thegrocer.co.uk/own-label/range-preview-iceland-christmas-2020/647960.article

215913_iceland_stickytoffeewinterforestlog_lifestyle_290557.jpg

215923_icelandluxuryzillionairesaltedcaramelgoldbarcheesecake_lifestyle_728494.jpg

Is Iceland in the republic?
    PaulT21 wrote: »
    IMO all chocolate should be eaten from the fridge:), although in saying that almost lost a tooth once eating a Snickers from the fridge too:D

And just saying ;), Chocolate and Red Wine are a dream combination:D

I like eating cadbury's caramel bar from the freezer
    Found the Lindt tin on Amazon for £15 which works out at around €16.30 today.

The picture of the sweets in the tin deceptively make it look like it's packed with sweets.

Amazon prime?
    Is it OK for 2 people to polish off a box of Roses/Quality Street/Hereos in say 2 evening - asking for a friend.....

Um, I finished off a box of celebrations by myself in two hours
    Jude13 wrote: »
    Im thinking, how much would a santa mold be on amazon, then a massive bar of chocolate to make it.

Okay so I checked GBP 41 https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rosenstein-S%C3%B6hne-Chocolate-Mould-Santa/dp/B017HB7BZ6

Damn it.

Knowing my house it would end up lost in the attic, I live at home and my things tend to find their way there without me putting them there
    Almost :D

I have never heard of hot chocolate bombs before but just looked them up, such a good idea for stocking fillers!
    This is a video of one:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/WhiteRabbitChoc/status/1227940874056802304

I clicked and the first reply was by Alix Wilton Regan, one of the female voices for the Inquisitor in Dragon Age Inquisition and the voice of Samantha Traynor in Mass Effect, met her at a convention in london once, she's lovely

Anyone remember the lovely cadbury's miniature heroes tin last year? We got one and it's now a cake tin. Hopefully quality street will be doing metal tins again this year, we're trying to cut down on plastic

A list of Iceland stores....

https://www.iceland.ie/storefinder/

• Advertisement

Demonique wrote: »
    Roses have been mank for several years now, they took out the crispy orange one and the other crispy one

"Full moon, half moon, total eclipse"

I'd be getting it mainly for the tin

Is Iceland in the republic?

I like eating cadbury's caramel bar from the freezer

Amazon prime?

Um, I finished off a box of celebrations by myself in two hours

Knowing my house it would end up lost in the attic, I live at home and my things tend to find their way there without me putting them there

I clicked and the first reply was by Alix Wilton Regan, one of the female voices for the Inquisitor in Dragon Age Inquisition and the voice of Samantha Traynor in Mass Effect, met her at a convention in london once, she's lovely

Anyone remember the lovely cadbury's miniature heroes tin last year? We got one and it's now a cake tin. Hopefully quality street will be doing metal tins again this year, we're trying to cut down on plastic

The tins are out already, €10 in Dunnes but under €8 in Supervalu at the moment...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'll try hit SuperValu on the way to work tomorrow. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Posy wrote: »
    I'll try hit SuperValu on the way to work tomorrow. :D

Be careful it doesn't hit back!

Sorry, bit giddy as it's Friday :)

Christmas themed Toblerone in Dealz for €6

Christmas themed Toblerone in Dealz for €6

That looks like the individually wrapped sweets rather than the bars. Less choccy for your money :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

DvB wrote: »
    That looks like the individually wrapped sweets rather than the bars. Less choccy for your money :(

I think they are 6 individual bars

kitten_k wrote: »
    I think they are 6 individual bars

ooh... gamechanger!!! :)

Anyone know what weight they are? I'm trying to decide between them and the 4.5kg toblerone bar :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

DvB wrote: »
    ooh... gamechanger!!! :)

Not really, I remember these from when I was a kid and that was...a while ago :D

Caranica wrote: »
    Not really, I remember these from when I was a kid and that was...a while ago :D

I was just referring to the price v the amount of actual chcolate you get. Always felt the individualy wrapped sweets were poorer in terms of value for money with the wrapper taking up far too much space in the box. 6 bars packed in means you're likely to get a bit more choccy for your euro :D

I love Dark chocolate Toblerone though so will look out for a big bar of that instead methinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

SuperValu have The tubs of Roses, Quality street, Hereos and Celebrations 2 for €10

Autosport wrote: »
    SuperValu have The tubs of Roses, Quality street, Hereos and Celebrations 2 for €10

Still managed to leave the 5 i bought a few weeks back untouched. Truth be told had packed them away in.the attic store and forgot about them, had we left them in the kitchen cupboard like we normally would I suspect they'd require replenishing by now... now to try and forget about them again til December!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Stocked up on some chocs & sweets today in Tesco.

2 tubs of Celebrations/Heroes/Roses for 10 euros.
    Lindt choco santas 3.50 (I think they are on offer in Dunnes but I won't be back there for a while).
    3 cadburys selection boxes for 5 euros.
    3 tubes of sweets for 4 euros (randoms, jelly tots, rolos and more).

Autosport wrote: »

Same offer in Tesco too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭jellybear

I honestly admire your will power guys! They wouldn't last in this house...once I know they're there they get eaten and my husband is the same. I honestly don't know how he's so skinny!

Lindt choco santas 3.50 (I think they are on offer in Dunnes but I won't be back there for a while).

Now how long will these last 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Wow you are inspiring me to get organized

Now how long will these last ��

Hopefully until Xmas week! :pac: Packed away in the attic as soon as I got home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

I ordered a shed load of Cadbury's stuff thinking that due to covid it would take weeks to get here. It arrived at the weekend, selection boxes, santas, the build a sleigh and log cabin, 850gram bars, bournville....and it was all liquified as it was touching 40 degrees. Fine for the bars but the plan to make the sleigh and log cabin needs to be revisited.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Where did you order from? Chocolate sled sounds great!

Advertisement