Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Christmas Chocolates, Sweets and Food

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Loughc wrote: »
    https://www.underthechristmastree.co.uk/mcvities-jaffa-cakes/

New Christmas Jaffa Cakes. Get in my belly.

As bad as Lindt, I absolutely hate Jaffa cakes :D

I’ve decided this year I’m only buying one tin of quality streets :D

We’ll see how long that lasts :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

If there are anyone who gets a tin of Lindt for Christmas please send them to me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Gervais08 wrote: »
    If there are anyone who gets a tin of Lindt for Christmas please send them to me!!!

Was in Dunnes this evening and the Lindt Tins are 20 Euro. Now that seems a bit of a rip off:( Lets hope the price falls closer to Christmas!!

I'm intrigued now, and really hope these new christmas jaffa cakes don't disappoint :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

PaulT21 wrote: »
    Was in Dunnes this evening and the Lindt Tins are 20 Euro. Now that seems a bit of a rip off:( Lets hope the price falls closer to Christmas!!

That’s crazy. It’s a nice tin but I often throw in a box of Lindt in my Amazon Subscribe and Save and they work out around €4 for 200g

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Eskie wrote: »
    Does orange and cranberry work together? I'll try it, but I'm a biteen sceptical
    They do, trust me.
    For example, the Spiced Orange and Cranberry Mince Pies from Walkers are divine !

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

The Lindt tins have 32 balls in them.....for €20 ?!?!?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That is mad!! I don't eat white chocolate, so that'd be €20 for a tin where I can't even eat all the sweets.

I'd rather just buy 2 big boxes of my favourite flavours.

new from Iceland:
    Sticky Toffee Winter Forest Log and Luxury Millionaire Salted Caramel Gold Bar Cheesecake
    https://www.thegrocer.co.uk/own-label/range-preview-iceland-christmas-2020/647960.article

215913_iceland_stickytoffeewinterforestlog_lifestyle_290557.jpg

215923_icelandluxuryzillionairesaltedcaramelgoldbarcheesecake_lifestyle_728494.jpg

New from Asda:
    Bruce the Brussels Sprout Cake and Night Sky Chocolate Orange Gateau
    https://bakeryinfo.co.uk/finished-goods/christmas-2020-brussels-sprout-cake-joins-asda-bakery-line-up/648314.article

216779_brucebrusselsproutcake2_135471.jpg

216798_operacakev2jpeg_85201.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

They look yummy

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

kitten_k wrote: »
    They look yummy

The Iceland ones almost look too good to eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,008 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Came back into this thread by mistake, saw that chocolate cake above & quickly reminded myself why I stay away from this thread.... oh man that looks divine!!

Okay, I'm off out again before my willpower dissolves completely.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    Came back into this thread by mistake, saw that chocolate cake above & quickly reminded myself why I stay away from this thread.... oh man that looks divine!!

Okay, I'm off out again before my willpower dissolves completely.

There should be some kind of ban from going into the weigh loss motivation thread and this one! :D

TRS30 wrote: »
    There should be some kind of ban from going into the weigh loss motivation thread and this one! :D

Nooooo :pac:

Dunnes have the larger 800g Roses tins for €10

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Dunnes have the larger 800g Roses tins for €10

Oh €10 is pretty good.

The tin will have Roses in it, though. :p

Also, just remember this is a good natured Christmas sweets thread.

It's totally up to the individual if you want to steer clear because you're dieting/lack willpower etc, but let's not risk making others feel bad for wanting to enjoy nice stuff at Christmas. :)

Posy wrote: »

It's totally up to the individual if you want to steer clear because you're dieting/lack willpower etc, but let's not risk making others feel bad for wanting to enjoy nice stuff at Christmas. :)

I'm staying :D

Has anyone tried the aero snowbubbles? I sampled them at the weekend, too much white chocolate for my taste, very sweet. I need to find the orange buttons next!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Posy wrote: »

Apologies, was never my intention.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

Eskie wrote: »
    I'm staying :D

Has anyone tried the aero snowbubbles? I sampled them at the weekend, too much white chocolate for my taste, very sweet. I need to find the orange buttons next!

The orange buttons were on special in Tesco at the weekend for €1.23 for a "share" bag. Yummy, and think they'd be even better from the fridge.

Caranica wrote: »
    The orange buttons were on special in Tesco at the weekend for €1.23 for a "share" bag. Yummy, and think they'd be even better from the fridge.

I can confirm they are amazing from the fridge :)

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭PaulT21

I can confirm they are amazing from the fridge :)

IMO all chocolate should be eaten from the fridge:), although in saying that almost lost a tooth once eating a Snickers from the fridge too:D

And just saying ;), Chocolate and Red Wine are a dream combination:D

IMO all chocolate should be eaten from the fridge:), although in saying that almost lost a tooth once eating a Snickers from the fridge too:D

Agreed. Things like moros and double deckers and mars and snickers need to stay well clear of the fridge. Plain chocolate in the fridge is the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

Agreed. Things like moros and double deckers and mars and snickers need to stay well clear of the fridge. Plain chocolate in the fridge is the best.

I love Moros (or Boosts as they now are) and Mars bars from the freezer!

Absolutely !

Caved in and got a box of Heros while in Dunnes getting some steaks for the BBQ tonight - paid €4.90....dont care I paid more than the weekend special lol

• Registered Users Posts: 29,976 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

1_1q.jpg

• Advertisement

Is it just me, or there is a lot of packaging in there ?!

Advertisement