Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas Chocolates, Sweets and Food

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Caranica wrote: »
    Glad to see I'm not alone. Feel the need for a "Say no to Lindt" signature but I'm almost always on the phone and it's easy too fiddly
    Please don't post here again if it's only to cause trouble.

:pac: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

Loughc wrote: »
    One million percent.

I wish we had a Lindt store or concession here.

I was in one in France I think. It was great to mix and match.

Have you tried the new salt caramel ones? They are lovely.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I wish we had a Lindt store or concession here.

I was in one in France I think. It was great to mix and match.

Have you tried the new salt caramel ones? They are lovely.

Is there a LINDT concession in Kildare village? I feel like I’ve seen it. And used it. But bare in mind I may have dreamt this.

I have not tried the salted caramel ones. Yet.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    Please don't post here again if it's only to cause trouble.

:pac: :pac:

I properly snorted laughing at this :D

Is there a LINDT concession in Kildare village? I feel like I’ve seen it. And used it. But bare in mind I may have dreamt this.

Wow there is, i didn't know as I've never been.

The store does this little gold wrapped sweet that's solid hazelnut chocolate.

Will make a trip when things ease down

Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I was just about to post the same thing. Well I guess it wouldn’t be Christmas without a good family row.

And I guess we found our Roses vs quality street style debate for this year. Lindt YAY or nay?

It’s Quality street without a doubt ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Autosport wrote: »
    It’s Quality street without a doubt ;):D

100%!!

jellybear wrote: »
    100%!!

Are we the same person :D next you’ll tell me the toffee finger is your favourite :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

4 pages in two days :eek:

Guess it was the thread that you never knew you needed :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Yep and it's well worth visiting.

They sell the 1kg Santa's and Easter bunnys after Christmas and Easter for €25 too....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Autosport wrote: »
    Are we the same person :D next you’ll tell me the toffee finger is your favourite :D

It's my husband's favourite!!:D Mine are the strawberry and orange ones! They're another contentious issue here as I know some posters hate them!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

No competition between roses and Lindt, Lindt creamy chocolate wins everytime ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Indestructable

I've never actually had the Lindt chocolates before!!
    Do we reckon these tubs will be available in the likes of Tesco? Definitely will give them a try.

It's my husband's favourite!!:D Mine are the strawberry and orange ones! They're another contentious issue here as I know some posters hate them!

They’re my favourite :D

I've never actually had the Lindt chocolates before!!
    Do we reckon these tubs will be available in the likes of Tesco? Definitely will give them a try.

I say they will. Tesco sell the Lindt Easter eggs and advent calendars so it makes sense they will sell the tubs.

• Advertisement

They’re the ones I can’t stand :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Oh I love the toffee fingers and toffee pennies in Quality Street, was gutted last year when they got rid of the other chocolate caramels.

Used to love Roses, especially the caramel and the fudge but the chocolate has gone downhill so much in recent years that I now don't even buy a tub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Love it !
    Thanks for sharing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I say they will. Tesco sell the Lindt Easter eggs and advent calendars so it makes sense they will sell the tubs.

I will be stalking the website until they have them - bye bye diet :P:pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,809 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The Lindt tin is 400 grams!

Jeez, looks bigger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭pigtail33

:eek: The small carton is 200g, so it's only two cartons worth! Definitely not enough for sharing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭tscul32

Only 32 chocs. In my house that's only 6 each. They're not on tesco.ie yet but they are on tesco.com for £10

Good Housekeeping UK has the results of a biscuit taste test

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/uk/food/food-reviews/a33010549/best-biscuits/

gettyimages-1225075470.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PaulT21

otnomart wrote: »

That survey was great until they got to the tea's and there wasn't a drop of Lyon's or Barry's Tea mentioned:D

otnomart wrote: »

Rich Tea, my arch enemy. They win many battles but I will win the war :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭screamer

Yuck hate Lindt chocolate, hate the texture of it, but then I dislike most of the fancy smancy choccies. Give me a mass produced box of roses or quality street any day, which are currently 2 for a tenner in Tesco along with celebrations and heroes.

screamer wrote: »
    Yuck hate Lindt chocolate, hate the texture of it, but then I dislike most of the fancy smancy choccies. Give me a mass produced box of roses or quality street any day, which are currently 2 for a tenner in Tesco along with celebrations and heroes.

€4 for boxes of roses and quality street in Dunnes at the moment..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

• Advertisement

Caranica wrote: »

Any time I hear the words of a chocolate factory tour I think of this.

MehGyver (@TheAndrewNadeau) Tweeted:
    [After leaving Willy Wonka’s factory]
    ME:
    WIFE:
    ME:
    WIFE:
    ME:
    WIFE: Lot of deaths for a to—
    ME: A LOT of deaths for a tour!

https://www.underthechristmastree.co.uk/mcvities-jaffa-cakes/

New Christmas Jaffa Cakes. Get in my belly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭jackboy

screamer wrote: »

Ah jaysus, roses are disgusting. They used to be nice but they removed all the nice ones and replaced with muck.

Does orange and cranberry work together? I'll try it, but I'm a biteen sceptical

Does orange and cranberry work together? I'll try it, but I'm a biteen sceptical

I’ve had orange and cranberry stuffing plenty of times and it works then.

I’d be interested in the Digestive flavours but not with chocolate.

I’ve seen that combined a lot I think the cranberry will add a tartness to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭tscul32

Orange and cranberry is a classic combination. My favourite Christmas cocktail is cointreau and cranberry juice topped up with prosecco.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

This threads making me feel like forging on winter's delight's.

Crackling fire's, for those who still have that luxury and the scent of burning oak wood..

Oh lovely...

As bad as Lindt, I absolutely hate Jaffa cakes :D

I’ve decided this year I’m only buying one tin of quality streets :D

We’ll see how long that lasts :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

If there are anyone who gets a tin of Lindt for Christmas please send them to me!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Gervais08 wrote: »
    If there are anyone who gets a tin of Lindt for Christmas please send them to me!!!

Was in Dunnes this evening and the Lindt Tins are 20 Euro. Now that seems a bit of a rip off:( Lets hope the price falls closer to Christmas!!

I'm intrigued now, and really hope these new christmas jaffa cakes don't disappoint :D

PaulT21 wrote: »
    Was in Dunnes this evening and the Lindt Tins are 20 Euro. Now that seems a bit of a rip off:( Lets hope the price falls closer to Christmas!!

That’s crazy. It’s a nice tin but I often throw in a box of Lindt in my Amazon Subscribe and Save and they work out around €4 for 200g

• Advertisement

They do, trust me.
    For example, the Spiced Orange and Cranberry Mince Pies from Walkers are divine !

The Lindt tins have 32 balls in them.....for €20 ?!?!?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That is mad!! I don't eat white chocolate, so that'd be €20 for a tin where I can't even eat all the sweets.

I'd rather just buy 2 big boxes of my favourite flavours.

new from Iceland:
    Sticky Toffee Winter Forest Log and Luxury Millionaire Salted Caramel Gold Bar Cheesecake
    https://www.thegrocer.co.uk/own-label/range-preview-iceland-christmas-2020/647960.article

215913_iceland_stickytoffeewinterforestlog_lifestyle_290557.jpg

215923_icelandluxuryzillionairesaltedcaramelgoldbarcheesecake_lifestyle_728494.jpg

New from Asda:
    Bruce the Brussels Sprout Cake and Night Sky Chocolate Orange Gateau
    https://bakeryinfo.co.uk/finished-goods/christmas-2020-brussels-sprout-cake-joins-asda-bakery-line-up/648314.article

216779_brucebrusselsproutcake2_135471.jpg

216798_operacakev2jpeg_85201.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement