Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madeleine McCann

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

IBTC is the new IBTL?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

cnocbui wrote: »
    Those dogs did not lead investigators to a single scrap of crime related forensic evidence on any job they were used on after being retired from the UK Police force, as far as I can ascertain. Eddie has indicated death on every single case, with no supporting forensic evidence being found.

This case hasn’t been solved yet so I’m willing to wait to see if that ends up coming back to the dogs finding’s, I would like to see the DNA re-examining through the new science “TrueAllele” as DNA tech has moved on in 13 years.

• Site Banned Posts: 461 ✭✭callmehal

Accident happened, parents hid body
    Really. You need to figure out what happened the girl. Maybe you think that through discussions on this forum, little fabrications here, few lies there about the parents that you might be able to solve it behind your laptop. The modern day Sherlock Holmes. I don't live in a fantasy world. I know the parents didn't do it. I'm sure there are parents in this world who are capable of something like this, but they are few and far between. For parents to do this and be able to cover it up would need to be a type of human being that has some level of psychological issues. Kate and Gerry McCann's lives have been scrutinised inside out. If there were any personality disorders, it would be well outed.
    I know they didn't do it because I have 2 little kids. And if anything happened to them like happened to their little girl, you can't suppress it, return to dinner and carry on as if nothing happened.

Anyone on here that has kids will know that.

You just proved my point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Something Else
    It has been stated many times on this thread and others that Kate’s first words were “she’s gone, Madeleine is gone”. “They’ve taken her” wasn’t uttered for almost two hours later when she realised whoever had taken Madeleine had likely taken her and unlikely to return her. Seriously can people familiarise themselves with the basics at least before posting?

Perhaps you should brush up on the basics.

Nanny Charlotte Pennington confirms that Kate McCann did scream: "They've taken her, they've taken her!"

"I was in the apartment less than five minutes after they found that Madeleine had gone.

"When we were coming out we saw Kate and she was screaming: 'They've taken her, they've taken her!'

"I was standing right in front of her outside the apartment's back door, in the alleyway. I was very close to her. It might not have been the first thing she said. But she definitely said it.

"I was one of three Mark Warner staff who saw her shouting it. They have all given statements to the Portuguese police saying that."

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

She wandered out herself, something happened (car accident/paedo)

Nanny Charlotte Pennington confirms that Kate McCann did scream: "They've taken her, they've taken her!"

"I was in the apartment less than five minutes after they found that Madeleine had gone.

"When we were coming out we saw Kate and she was screaming: 'They've taken her, they've taken her!'

"I was standing right in front of her outside the apartment's back door, in the alleyway. I was very close to her. It might not have been the first thing she said. But she definitely said it.

"I was one of three Mark Warner staff who saw her shouting it. They have all given statements to the Portuguese police saying that."

Nobody is saying she never said it. But to say they were the first words out of her mouth as she ran down to the Tapas Bar is false, your own post even confirms as much. Her first words was “she’s gone. Madeleine is gone”. Some posters insist her first words were “they’ve taken her” because they believe she was setting up an abduction from the outset. As you’ll see from your own post and the bit in bold this is not true. They were not her first words.

• Advertisement

What got that thought in her head? Who were 'they'? Madeleine could easily have gone to look for them at their 4th night of partying, she was crying and wondering where they were the night before.

Something Else
    Rock77 wrote: »
    Banana Republic, daretodream, immortal straight, Limnam....

You all thanked the above post.. would yis all mind if I ask why you thanked it?

The post says the McCanns were not misfortunate that their daughter was stolen because they left the door unlocked...

The post then likens the 3 year old child to a MacBook, as in they deserved to have their child taken because they left them their with the door unlocked..?

Do yis really believe they deserved to have their child taken because of their actions? Genuine question, please don’t ignore or reply without actually answering the question.. thanks

Zero evidence of their daughter being stolen.

Something Else
    Nobody is saying she never said it. But to say they were the first words out of her mouth as she ran down to the Tapas Bar is false, your own post even confirms as much. Her first words was “she’s gone. Madeleine is gone”. Some posters insist her first words were “they’ve taken her” because they believe she was setting up an abduction from the outset. As you’ll see from your own post and the bit in bold this is not true. They were not her first words.

“wasn’t uttered for almost two hours later“ - this is what you said. Yet an eyewitness saw her saw it within 5 mins of Maddie going missing. Then you’d the cheek to berate someone for not knowing the basics.

“wasn’t uttered for almost two hours later“ - this is what you said. Yet an eyewitness saw her saw it within 5 mins of Maddie going missing. Then you’d the cheek to berate someone for not knowing the basics.

It was almost two hours later. Miss Pennington can’t even be sure when she heard Kate say those words, just that she heard her say them but she’s certain they weren’t the first words from her mouth.

The person who overheard Kate screaming “they’ve taken her” was woken by a knock on her door altering her and her husband to the turn of events at 11:30pm, so approx an hour and a half after it was realised Madeleine was gone. It was then when she heard Kate state these words, “the bastards have taken her”, which aren’t that outrageous when you consider her child had been gone for nearly two hours at this point, so far from a nonsensical accusation, it was more of a realisation she came to nearly two hours later when she realised whoever had taken Madeleine, had probably taken her, and she was unlikely to return.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/maddie-mccann-kate-gerry-screams-10350597.amp

Also, because I don’t think it can be stated enough on this thread, a few words from the former nanny who was actually there on the night and was witness to the aftermath:

She is still constantly quizzed by people about the case who ask if “the parents did it”.
    She said: “I tell them no, there’s no way at all. A, timings and B, where it was, their r­eactions, the whole thing. Not a chance.”

An important observation from someone who was there on the night and witness to the severe distress and panic unfolding before her.

And sorry but I will not take a lecture about knowing the basics from someone who doesn’t know Pat Kenny from Ryan Tubridy and who imagined the audience laughing away at a question that was never even asked. A completely fabricated scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,860 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

This case hasn’t been solved yet so I’m willing to wait to see if that ends up coming back to the dogs finding’s, I would like to see the DNA re-examining through the new science “TrueAllele” as DNA tech has moved on in 13 years.

What makes you think the DNA sample still exists?

The have more than enough samples of Madeleine's DNA, they didn't need cuddle cat. Kate did need to get the sunscreen off it before it ruined more clothes, apparently
    I'd imagine.

A body that's been decomposing for weeks or months is going to leave behind more then three or four cells when you try and move it.

The dogs and the partial and contaminated DNA are red herrings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

Zero evidence of their daughter being stolen.

You completely missed the context of the question.

. these 4 posters thanked a post that said the McCanns were not misfortunate that their daughter had been taken, it was likened to when the posters girlfriend had her MacBook stolen but got no sympathy because she left the door unlocked.

So the post was assuming the child had been taken but was saying they deserve no sympathy because they left the door unlocked..

Care to comment on that? Would you not agree that that’s a horrible thing to say?

The clue to how horrible it is, is the fact that not one of the people that thanked the post are prepared to explain their thinking behind it, or even talk about it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

callmehal wrote: »
    This is about trying to figure out what happened to Madeleine. For some of us, all possibilities are open. It could have been a huge number of people. Others are just here to say it wasn't the McCanns and they are obsessed with it. You need to have an open mind in cases like this.

No you don't. Anyone who currently thinks that there is even a chance that the McCanns were involved needs their heads checked.

if people can’t even follow the very basic chronological order of events.

What hope have we got.

limnam wrote: »
    if people can’t even follow the very basic chronological order of events.

What hope have we got.

And I was worried you had me on ignore! Good stuff! Ever find us the quote from the book where they all laughed about the dogs not being able to take the stand?

And I was worried you had me on ignore! Good stuff! Ever find us the quote from the book where they all laughed about the dogs not being able to take the stand?

You're not on ignore.

I'm following orders...

You're not on ignore.

I'm following orders...

Following orders? Good to hear. You won’t mind fetching us that quote so where they all had a laugh over the dogs not being able to take the stand.

Following orders? Good to hear. You won’t mind fetching us that quote so where they all had a laugh over the dogs not being able to take the stand.

Oh It was provided enough yesterday.

But you're going on ignore now.

No you don't. Anyone who currently thinks that there is even a chance that the McCanns were involved needs their heads checked.

As it stands, there's more evidence on them than anyone else. No suspects should be ruled out.

As it stands, there's more evidence on them than anyone else. No suspects should be ruled out.

It's bizzare that people who were giving out about the single minded nature of the Portuguese police are happy to narrow the scope as long as it doesn't involve the parents.

*shrug*

It's bizzare that people who were giving out about the single minded nature of the Portuguese police are happy to narrow the scope as long as it doesn't involve the parents.

*shrug*

It is. Like i said though, it seems some people are obsessed with it not being the parents rather than seeking justice for Madeleine.

• Advertisement

It is. Like i said though, it seems some people are obsessed with it not being the parents rather than seeking justice for Madeleine.

I've said it so many times

It seems a lot of people are more interested in defending them than interested in justice for poor Madeleine. They forget who the victim is here. A 3yr old left to defend for herself.

Oh It was provided enough yesterday.

But you're going on ignore now.

No it wasn’t. And typical, put me on ignore the second you’re asked to back something up for fear you’d have to follow through with it. Shock horror.
    As you were!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

There is no evidence on them. Nothing. That’s why the police, the people who do this professionally, have ruled them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

Amazing the two lads now saying people are only interested in defending the McCanns rather than finding out what happened, one of them thinks the parents got what they deserved because they left the door unlocked and the other reckons there’s more evidence the parents did it despite the fact there is no evidence they did it and the German police say they have evidence CB did it!!

The only thing the parents are being defended of is the lies and horrible comments from people here. People are open to the parents being guilty, there just isn’t any evidence to suggest that they are

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Something Else
    I think everyone here can agree the Madeline didn’t deserve what happened to her.. the McCann parents should have protected her from this, they should have been there or made sure somebody else was there with the children.

I know all of the above..

However like I said I was more than a little shocked to read that somebody thinks the McCanns were not misfortunate to have their daughter taken because they left the door unlocked, then to see four people thanked the post....

That’s why I asked each of you why you thanked it, what part of the post you liked or agreed with.

Do you really think they were not misfortunate because they left the door unlocked?

The poster says their girlfriends MacBook was stolen and she got no sympathy because she left the door unlocked....

Hey listen you can make like Limnam and not answer the question if you like but you guys are on an anonymous internet chat room sharing opinions, I’m only asking because I presumed yis are here to talk ...

Yes I do think they were not misfortunate because they left the door open. They were in complete control of the situation in relation to the care of their children. Nobody put a gun to their heads and forced them to go out and leave 3 babies on their own. What they did for not just one night but several nights in a row is unforgivable.

Amazing the two lads now saying people are only interested in defending the McCanns rather than finding out what happened, one of them thinks the parents got what they deserved because they left the door unlocked and the other reckons there’s more evidence the parents did it despite the fact there is no evidence they did it and the German police say they have evidence CB did it!!

Don't put words in my mouth.

If you're referring to me stating I said they deserved what they got. Please retract it.

There is no evidence on them. Nothing. That’s why the police, the people who do this professionally, have ruled them out.

Not enough evidence to confict or anything. Circumstantial evidence though.

The posters pretending they care about what actually happened to Madeline are gas. Like they haven’t spent the last few weeks dismissing everything imaginable about this new suspect and sweating uncontrollably defending their nonsensical points, relentlessly directing blame towards the parents for fear they might be wrong.

You don’t do that if you’re genuine in your concern for what may have happened to her. But these same posters hide under the guise of being “neutral” and “impartial” while voting in a poll that her parents did it so I guess we’ll just take it all with a pinch of salt. There’s nothing honest about the way they argue.

Even if she did say “they”, it doesn’t matter. It just shows the straws some posters are clutching at to try and justify the time and energy they’ve put into their false theory. It doesn’t matter if Kate said they, he, him, her, Bob, Timmy, Joe or Paddy.
    Trying to take a single word someone has uttered in the middle of a crisis when their child has just been abducted and use it as some indicator of guilt gives you an idea of the type of people you’re trying to have a rational argument with. Anyone who has ever misplaced or lost something knows that feeling of losing something valuable and you’re likely to mutter or blurt out anything. Now multiply that by 100 when you just discover your daughter is missing and then have a bunch of wet brains on the internet come along and say “how did you know it was they” shows you that there is no debating with that type of mentality because for them to come to that conclusion in the first place is bad enough but to continue to circle back to the same points even after they’ve been shot down means they are either doing it intentionally or they cannot row back on their unfounded allegations because they’ve invested too much in this theory that to change their minds at this stage would be too much of a climb down and a loss of face revealing their stupidity so they circle back to silly things like “how did she know the door was open?” “Why was there no fingerprints?”

Put it this way, if this German guy was to make a full confession and provide the location of the body which was then corroborated by DNA, these people still wouldn’t believe it and try and come up with some cover up conspiracy.

• Advertisement

Not enough evidence to confict or anything. Circumstantial evidence though.

Not even circumstantial. There is nothing to implicate them. Zero.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement