Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madeleine McCann

Options
  • 16-10-2018 11:00pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx


    MOD NOTE: There was a lot of discussion on the Madeleine McCann case in the "If you could solve three cases" thread so I moved all of those posts into their own thread.

    As always, be respectful to all involved.

    goat2 wrote: »
    I have also read on jon benet case, and don't believe the brother did it

    Maddie Mccanne, I believe was snatched by some child sex ring,

    Tina Satchwell, lie detector will do

    Maddie McCann is dead .She died on holiday with her parents. . possibly accidently but it was covered up . .I can provide proof of that.

    Listen to the recent tapes of Jon Benet Ramsey's brother. .He is well dodgy, I need to read more but I do think authorities there believe it was the son who killed her.

    What do you believe happened Madeleine 1096 votes

    Abductor had been watching and came in the open door
    0%
    She wandered out herself, something happened (car accident/paedo)
    54%
    SimiRagsJTManmossieElmoLa_GordyZillahmada999TCP/IPChittlebren2002TenshotsReq | uTeKmobbyneacy69Kingp35Howard the DuckDacelonidmalpasSnake Plisken 595 votes
    The parents did it
    6%
    GerardKeatingambasitejetsonxEyespync6000cozarBlazerMiley ByrnesatguyFlange/Flanders-dmo7-michellielarkopromethiusfreckliermuddle84monty_pythonnicknackgtbYoghurt87Muppet Man 69 votes
    Accident happened, parents hid body
    11%
    carbsyPrisoner6409MoonbeammaebeeRobxxx7TrampasIrishderRiesen_MealAskao1s1njuice1304ThinkingaboutitFrisbeeALSmagentissugarmanL-MdermobDarth Melkorbeertons 124 votes
    Something Else
    28%
    TheFatkrankykittyZhanetuxytony-odsmackbunnybabyhuggs2BloodBathclearzLia_liabeansBasqblobertFGRcadeadragonaMickeroojv2000bad2dabonesqurm 308 votes


«134567264

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone


    Something Else
    foxyladyxx wrote: »
    Maddie McCann is dead .She died on holiday with her parents. . possibly accidently but it was covered up . .I can provide proof of that.

    LOL you should probably go to the police with that proof. ;)


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella


    foxyladyxx wrote: »
    Maddie McCann is dead .She died on holiday with her parents. . possibly accidently but it was covered up . .I can provide proof of that.

    I believe that to be true also but where is your proof?


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 150 ✭✭rovertom


    foxyladyxx wrote: »
    Maddie McCann is dead .She died on holiday with her parents. . possibly accidently but it was covered up . .I can provide proof of that.

    Proof. I doubt it.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock


    She wandered out herself, something happened (car accident/paedo)
    I believe that to be true also but where is your proof?


    Being a parent i dont think any mother or father could knowingly cover it up and act it out for all these years.

    I would say the child was snatched. Any of the missing kids cases is heart breaking.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella


    Being a parent i dont think any mother or father could knowingly cover it up and act it out for all these years.

    I would say the child was snatched. Any of the missing kids cases is heart breaking.

    I agree with your first point but something to my eye just doesn't sit right!
    Not that I'm an expect in criminal analysis by the way but they seem to be hiding something! Skipping around some issues.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx


    LOL you should probably go to the police with that proof. ;)

    Police have all the proof they want but can't touch them,


  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx


    Being a parent i dont think any mother or father could knowingly cover it up and act it out for all these years.

    I would say the child was snatched. Any of the missing kids cases is heart breaking.

    Two doctors would be struck off the medical register if any trace of sedation was found in the body. The body was disposed of for some reason.

    Injuries to the body would also result in similar action being taken,


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock


    She wandered out herself, something happened (car accident/paedo)
    foxyladyxx wrote: »
    Two doctors would be struck off the medical register if any trace of sedation was found in the body. The body was disposed of for some reason.

    Injuries to the body would also result in similar action being taken,

    Stop it. It was there child. Behave. I think if something accidental happened and they knew keeping up this act would be the last thing they would do. They would surely just go quietly and let everyone forget.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2


    She wandered out herself, something happened (car accident/paedo)
    foxyladyxx wrote: »
    Maddie McCann is dead .She died on holiday with her parents. . possibly accidently but it was covered up . .I can provide proof of that.

    Listen to the recent tapes of Jon Benet Ramsey's brother. .He is well dodgy, I need to read more but I do think authorities there believe it was the son who killed her.

    Where is the proof, if you can prove it, would love to see it


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble


    I agree with everyone saying Madeline McCann's parents were somehow involved.
    The bit that really irks me is to do with the other two children. They went out and left 3 tiny children on their own in a foreign country, but because they were both doctors and seen as 'upper class' nothing was ever done.
    I'm sure if an unemployed couple from a council estate had done the same thing their other children would have been taken into care almost immediately.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam


    She wandered out herself, something happened (car accident/paedo)
    I agree with everyone saying Madeline McCann's parents were somehow involved.
    The bit that really irks me is to do with the other two children. They went out and left 3 tiny children on their own in a foreign country, but because they were both doctors and seen as 'upper class' nothing was ever done.
    I'm sure if an unemployed couple from a council estate had done the same thing their other children would have been taken into care almost immediately.

    I dont know how involved or if at all they were but they sure made it easy for anyone to take Madeleine .Having seen the location with my own eyes I can bet my last euro that they would not have left their credit cards on the table in that apartment that night . In fact they were lucky not all three were taken if the perpetrator was an opportunist . The apartment could not be seen from the Tapas bar unless you had super vision and stood in a chair eating your dinner , and then only the one side of it . The steps to the sliding door were openly accessable from a public road and the three kids were neglectefully left in a high risk , dangerous position . Shame on anyone who would do that for a quiet dinner .


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)


    I obviously don't know what happened but I think if they had accidentally killed her and disposed of the body they'd have stopped campaigning as fervently as they have been.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon


    How would 2 people in unfamiliar surroundings know enough about the area to dump a body and it still hasn't turned up 11 years later?


  • Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam


    She wandered out herself, something happened (car accident/paedo)
    How would 2 people in unfamiliar surroundings know enough about the area to dump a body and it still hasn't turned up 11 years later?

    I tend to agree with that . But equally baffling is not one single clue left anywhere . Not one hint , not one sighting , nothing at all .
    Personally I think it was an inside job then it was a glaring pattern how the kids were left defenceless and at risk .
    The front door ( far side away from the Tapas bar ) was shaded by trees and dark and not immediately seen by a passer by . A car could pull in , take a child and be gone in minutes . And away into the remote country to the north and gone before she was ever missed


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer


    Has anyone come across a podcast that actually goes in depth on this case?


  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭DublinHun72


    Something Else
    fixxxer wrote: »
    Has anyone come across a podcast that actually goes in depth on this case?

    Quite a few . Generation Why is one I’ve listened to on apple podcast app.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--


    She wandered out herself, something happened (car accident/paedo)
    I agree with everyone saying Madeline McCann's parents were somehow involved.
    The bit that really irks me is to do with the other two children. They went out and left 3 tiny children on their own in a foreign country, but because they were both doctors and seen as 'upper class' nothing was ever done.
    I'm sure if an unemployed couple from a council estate had done the same thing their other children would have been taken into care almost immediately.
    given a free house at the taxpayers expence

    Fixed for you


  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7


    She wandered out herself, something happened (car accident/paedo)
    Its an horrific case whichever way you look at it (if it was the parents or someone else), that poor kid and family. There is just no way they should have been left. I've two smallies similar ages and I practically can't leave the room without them getting into mischief, let alone while asleep leaving the house. I can't imagine the guilt they feel daily (even if they weren't directly involved). It is amazing with all the resources poured into it that its never been solved.


  • Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB


    pc7 wrote: »
    Its an horrific case whichever way you look at it (if it was the parents or someone else), that poor kid and family. There is just no way they should have been left. I've two smallies similar ages and I practically can't leave the room without them getting into mischief, let alone while asleep leaving the house. I can't imagine the guilt they feel daily (even if they weren't directly involved). It is amazing with all the resources poured into it that its never been solved.

    I would never leave my kids either but look at it this way. This was 11 years ago now. Fresh in your mind as your nippers are growing up and a reason for us to be so protective over our kids.
    Maybe this case is a contributing factor to the protective nature we place on our kids nowadays.

    I mean go back to when I was the same age back in the 80s and was left out on the street all day playing ball etc.

    Times change, the McCanns got caught out, but just maybe there is more cotton wool around our kids nowadays because of Madeline.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn


    She wandered out herself, something happened (car accident/paedo)
    Seve OB wrote: »
    I would never leave my kids either but look at it this way. This was 11 years ago now. Fresh in your mind as your nippers are growing up and a reason for us to be so protective over our kids.
    Maybe this case is a contributing factor to the protective nature we place on our kids nowadays.

    I mean go back to when I was the same age back in the 80s and was left out on the street all day playing ball etc.

    Times change, the McCanns got caught out, but just maybe there is more cotton wool around our kids nowadays because of Madeline.

    The Mc Canns were three and twins of approximately twenty months.

    No responsible parent would ever let children that age out playing ball even in the 1960s.

    Getting a babysitter to sit with your children while you eat tapas with your friends isnt wrapping them in cotton wool,these were two wealthy professionals so its not as if they couldnt pay someone eight euros an hour to sit in the apartment.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety


    Accident happened, parents hid body
    foxyladyxx wrote: »
    Two doctors would be struck off the medical register if any trace of sedation was found in the body. The body was disposed of for some reason.

    Injuries to the body would also result in similar action being taken,

    Sounds like you don't know what proof means.


  • Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB


    tretorn wrote: »
    The Mc Canns were three and twins of approximately twenty months.

    No responsible parent would ever let children that age out playing ball even in the 1960s.

    Getting a babysitter to sit with your children while you eat tapas with your friends isnt wrapping them in cotton wool,these were two wealthy professionals so its not as if they couldnt pay someone eight euros an hour to sit in the apartment.

    They were asleep in bed not playing ball. I'm making comparisons to how times change.
    Parents were outside, not far away.
    I wouldn't do it.... Back in the 80s I'd say most parents would have done it.


  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7


    She wandered out herself, something happened (car accident/paedo)
    I asked my folks would they do it and they said not in a month of sundays based on the ages of the babies and likelihood to wake at that hour. They weren't outside, they were a mighty distance away imo.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn


    She wandered out herself, something happened (car accident/paedo)
    No, you are wrong, most parents wouldnt do it.

    They wouldnt even drop into the neighbour next door for more than two minutes if they had children that age asleep in bed.

    All those resorts provide childcare for parents as it would be understood that most parents wouldnt go out and leave three under threes alone with only a quick glance into the room every twenty minutes being the supervision.


  • Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭ [Deleted User]


    The parents did it
    I obviously don't know what happened but I think if they had accidentally killed her and disposed of the body they'd have stopped campaigning as fervently as they have been.

    It's called hiding in plain sight


  • Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam


    She wandered out herself, something happened (car accident/paedo)
    Seve OB wrote: »
    They were asleep in bed not playing ball. I'm making comparisons to how times change.
    Parents were outside, not far away.
    I wouldn't do it.... Back in the 80s I'd say most parents would have done it.

    No they wouldn't . I reared my kids in rhe 80,s and I wouldn't dream of it . Nor would anyone I know .
    The parents were not just outside they were dining in a restaurant which was the far side of a complex


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F


    Something that I always thought strange was the video showing Gerry allegedly laughing and joking a few days after the disappearance
    Just didn't look or feel right


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie


    Something Else
    I obviously don't know what happened but I think if they had accidentally killed her and disposed of the body they'd have stopped campaigning as fervently as they have been.

    Thou dost protest too much


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭robwen


    She wandered out herself, something happened (car accident/paedo)
    Did the other people Kate & Gerry were having dinner/ on holidays with leave their kids in the same situation?


  • Advertisement
  • Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭ [Deleted User]


    Something Else
    There wasn't a great deal of evidence in this case, but the evidence that there was all pointed to the parents. The theory that she died in the apartment and the parents covered it up is the most believable and somewhat backed up by evidence. The dogs signalled ONLY in the McCanns apartment and car. Background checks were done and nobody ever died in that apartment before. They washed her cuddle toy and bedsheets. Their statements each contradicted each other. Their behaviour in general and reluctance to do a reenactment was odd. The window didn't open from the outside, Kate's DNA was found on the window.

    When Kate first noticed her missing, she yelled "They've taken her". Strange assumption to make when your child has just gone missing

    Why the McCanns keep the case alive publically and why Scotland Yard don't seem to suspect them in any way is truly baffling though.

    Ultimately, there is not enough evidence to proceed with this case.


This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement